Chocolate Pi's Game Design Forum
TableTopDay - Printable Version

+- Chocolate Pi's Game Design Forum (http://forum.chocolatepi.net)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: TableTopDay (/showthread.php?tid=57)

TableTopDay - Scoffles - 04-11-2013 07:15 AM

Did anyone else do anything for this?

I had a big event at my house and we played
  • Dominion
  • Once Upon a Time
  • Fluxx (Oz version)
  • Munchkin (Star+Cthulhu)
  • Elder Sign
  • Forbidden Island
  • Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries

Plus I wrapped the whole thing in a Witchhunt (using CPi's ruleset) that we played rounds of in between games - loads of fun!

I really want to find folks to get together and play Rex, which is FFG's re-skin of the old Dune game. I've had it for ages and only played once but it was super-fun.

RE: TableTopDay - A Killer Cuppa Tea - 04-11-2013 11:33 AM

(04-11-2013 07:15 AM)Scoffles Wrote:  I really want to find folks to get together and play Rex, which is FFG's re-skin of the old Dune game. I've had it for ages and only played once but it was super-fun.

This sounds interesting. Is is based off the series of novels entitled Dune? If so, it sounds like something i'd be highly interested in; i've always been a big fan of the Dune series.

Heck, just give it a shot. Is there a way to convert this board game to a forum setting? If so, why not, make a topic and see if people are interested. I know i'd likely give it a shot.

RE: TableTopDay - Scoffles - 04-11-2013 12:16 PM

Maybe? I don't know much about graphic manipulation, but I imagine it could be done.

It is, in fact, based off of the Dune series of books, which I am also a big fan of (being named Paul after the Atreides of the same name ^_^)

They changed the theme to be one of their licenses - the Twilight Imperium universe - but it would be easy enough to convert back

RE: TableTopDay - A Killer Cuppa Tea - 04-12-2013 01:25 AM

Gasp.

You are the kwisatz haderach.

RE: TableTopDay - Scoffles - 04-12-2013 03:41 AM

Tea where is your skeleton avatar

this will not stand

RE: TableTopDay - A Killer Cuppa Tea - 04-12-2013 05:03 AM

Well

Lucy is too fat.

(The avatar is 150x150, this forum only allows 100x100)

RE: TableTopDay - Scoffles - 04-12-2013 05:52 AM

It resizes automatically!

(or, at least, mine did. Yours was a .gif, which may, in fact, work differently.)

RE: TableTopDay - Boogeyman - 04-12-2013 05:59 AM

I got together with a smaller group of friends. We played some Ascension and Defenders of the Realm. In Defenders we tried to play with some of the Dragons from the expansion. It did not go well.

RE: TableTopDay - A Killer Cuppa Tea - 04-12-2013 06:42 AM

Well, i have boxing-gloves Lucy, but Scratch Lucy won't work D: