READ THIS PLEASE - Rules for the Sub-Forum
05-06-2013, 06:09 PM
READ THIS PLEASE - Rules for the Sub-Forum
So, we don't have any rules for the subforum, and so we should get those made. In the old Forum Games at MSPA we had rules for the subforum, so it just makes sense to me. I don't know, how about you guys?
05-06-2013, 06:18 PM
RE: READ THIS PLEASE - Rules for the Sub-Forum
... Actually, I hate to say this, but I've been thinking similarly. Not only that, but I think we could use a Forum Games chat thread as well.

Or, uh, an "OTHER GAMES" chat thread or something.

Both of these things would help community. The only reason *I* hadn't mentioned it was because I wasn't sure where I should do so. But since you made the leap for me, I'll go ahead and throw this up here.

Heck, other than ChocoPi, I don't know who the admins on these forums are.
05-06-2013, 06:25 PM
I don't think there are any
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
I vote in favor of this.
05-07-2013, 01:56 AM
You shouldn't hate to say it at all Kocel, it's a fair enough point.

Mods have been somewhat swamped by RL in the past month and with the forum still in the early days we just hadn't gotten around to it. Obviously the forum-wide rules do apply here and will continue to do so even after some more forum-specific rules ('no zero-effort games' comes to mind, though thankfully that doesn't seem to have been a problem yet!) are thrown down. A general forum games chat thread sticky is certainly something I'll look at tossing up sometime this week as that's also well overdue.
05-08-2013, 08:53 AM
Perhaps we should vote in a mod for the subforum, and a set of rules for them to enforce?
05-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Has anyone done anything that would merit enforcement yet? So far people have been pretty cool around here.
05-08-2013, 09:36 AM
I think there are already mods Pagan, though some obvious indication that they are (beyond the purple text that I just now noticed) might be a good idea.
05-09-2013, 02:27 AM
(05-08-2013 08:59 AM)Supernerd Wrote:  Has anyone done anything that would merit enforcement yet? So far people have been pretty cool around here.
Well it is better to inform them before they make the mistake.

As for Pala, well such an indication would actually make everything much easier. Pink/Purple names isn't enough, perhaps a little star somewhere, or maybe having a list of mods, with connected subforums, being placed somewhere?
05-11-2013, 10:13 AM
(05-09-2013 02:27 AM)Pagan Wrote:  
(05-08-2013 08:59 AM)Supernerd Wrote:  Has anyone done anything that would merit enforcement yet? So far people have been pretty cool around here.
Well it is better to inform them before they make the mistake.

Y'all do realize that there are already forum-wide rules up that apply here and cover most of the stuff in the 'people being dicks' category right?

As I said above there's a few more specific things with regards to forum games that I'll be taking a look at putting up over the weekend (literally just got done with finals today) but the forum-wide rules do (in my opinion) a pretty good job of covering most of the bases already.