Who are you and why are you here? [Introduction Chat]
04-04-2013, 07:37 AM
Who are you and why are you here? [Introduction Chat]
A lot of us already know each other and stuff but I imagine there will be new faces and old faces may want to introduce themselves anyway so here we go!

I'm Solaris, you can call me Sol or any variation of it, feel free to talk to me whenever you want! :>

Now get off of my lawn.

No one man should have all that power
The clocks tickin, I just count the hours
04-04-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: Who are you and why are you here? [Introduction Chat]
This is a good idea.

My name's Palamedes, and you can call me any interpretation of it that you want. Probably.

My hobbies include not getting off of Solaris' lawn.
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 09:08 AM by Coldblooded.)
Sup, my name's Coldblooded. If you knew me from MSPA, it would probably have been as Dragonpaul, or Dpaul, or Dang Ron Paul, or Dangan Ronpaul, or any other number of ridiculous variants.

My interests include armored dinosaurs and mafia-style villainy.

I'll probably start joining games here sometime after April ends and I stop being busy 100% of the time.

Tumblr/Steam
04-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I am Demonsul, creator of States games, long-time RPer and inherently rather British. I'm from the MSPAF, although I was pretty much exclusively living the Forum Games section.

My interests include lots of forum games, and other video games besides. Also politics 'n stuff. Occasionally television. Mostly forum games though.
04-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey, I'm Garuru. I was ~ATH on the MSPA Forums. I used to be pretty big into mafias, but not so much anymore. So, uh, you probably won't see me around much actually. I guess I'll joim some other forum games too.

About me: I love games of any kind. Also reading and writing. I'm definitely a story-orientated kind of person. So this probably makes me more of a roleplayer, but not to the annoying degree. And I'll probably pick a lizardman every single time whenever you make it a playable race or something.

[Image: sig.gif]
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I am Vancho, and I came here because of Demonsul's States games, among other things, as a part of the great MSPA Games forum migration.

I enjoy games, particularly strategy games, and also have an eclectic range of interests from writing to mathematics. I enjoy roleplaying, but often cannot find the time for it.

The one, the only, Vancho!
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I am ICan'tGiveCredit though I go by Credit 297% of the time. I am part of the MSPA Games forum migration and I am a Grue, I enjoy consuming the flesh of other forumites. and I am an earnest forum games player. Not that big on mafias or roleplays (I can't roleplay at all except for Dice RPGs)

I have a variety of interests. My brain kinda switches around a bit from one interest to the other, as if my interests are switching between my right and left sides of my brain.

(uhhh, I think you guys should say as well whether or not you also go to Eagletime)
04-04-2013, 11:44 AM
I have been considering registering an account on Eagletime, but have not yet done so. Would you recommend it?

I thought you were a toaster, not a crane!

04-04-2013, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 12:01 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
(04-04-2013 11:44 AM)Vancho1 Wrote:  I have been considering registering an account on Eagletime, but have not yet done so. Would you recommend it?

I thought you were a toaster, not a crane!

OH DONT BE THAT WAY VANCHO, AFTER ALL SATAN LIVES... ON TOAST
04-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Too late, I already registered on Eagle Time before considering any advice. Also, nice avatar.

04-04-2013, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 01:00 PM by Mister Visceral.)
Hi I'm Mister Visceral. You may know me from MSPA forums (I know a few of you are here) as Mister Visceral. You can also call me Vic. Three words that describe me are fun-loving, a great friend, and sexy. Also a really good companion. Also witty and funny. A lot of people like me and I have a lot of friends and I hope to get to know all of you.

Also trustworthy.

For reals, though, I won't be joining games until May probably because HUGE RESEARCH PAPER and MUSICAL and OTHER THINGS. Basically the next month is wonderful, wonderful suck.
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
An introductory forum now exists over yonder.
04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
Inner Circle Beta Tester
Hey I'm Joey, and my Rattata is in the top percentage of all Rattata! I'm a member of a group that tests the latest beta version of Witch Hunt IRL almost every week (with the physical presence of our supreme overlord Chocolate Pi). I'm not from the MSPA game forums like a lot of people here, but I do consider myself a member of the MSPA fan community and am excited to see CPI's work be officially recognized by them.

Having said that, there have been a lot of interesting changes to Witch Hunt in the past few months; one of the most important being that there exists a very popular variant whereby most players get multiple roles (but still only one faction... Witch Villager is still a myth). Also, lots of new roles have been added (including the Three Musketeers, who each have a slightly different chance of killing two people; but the catch is only the last musketeer alive can activate the ability... also the Captain, who can gain two extra lives under special conditions that are guaranteed to happen exactly once per game [namely, half of one player type {elder witch, junior witch, villager, village spy, village lover, or holy villager}, chosen by another player called the Lookout, being dead]... but the catch is he has to announce his role at the beginning of the day then survive the lynching phase), and a new online client is in the works and mostly finished.

High Ruler of the Witches, if any of this is TMI, feel free to edit out the part which isn't ready to be revealed.
04-05-2013, 02:00 AM
I pity the foo'
Hi! I'm A Killer Cuppa Tea! (not killa cupper, or killer cup of) Most people just call me Tea. I like tea.

..............................Hi
04-05-2013, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 06:54 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
RE: I pity the foo'
Hi

No tea, you can't like other teas! You ARE the tea. You cannot reproduce.

It violates the Laws of Teaservation

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
04-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Allow me to rephrase: I like consuming tea. (I am a cannibal)
04-05-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Inner Circle Beta Tester
None of it's TMI. Those of us from the #mspafia irc channel helped cpi come up with and tweak those roles.
04-05-2013, 09:19 AM
(04-05-2013 09:13 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  None of it's TMI. Those of us from the #mspafia irc channel helped cpi come up with and tweak those roles.

Cool... is your community still active or is this forum pretty much replacing it?
04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
The #mspafia channel (on Esper) is still very much active. It's the irc for the mspa forum games community (and in particular the mafia/witchhunt community). Feel free to visit the channel. Sometimes (though not very often any more) we even run irc mafia games.
04-05-2013, 10:15 AM
eh. "very much" active can be a bit of an overstatement, i feel
04-05-2013, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2013 11:00 AM by Deceptive.)
Well, the activity level hasn't changed at all because of the forum move is what I mean.
04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
I have a horrible addiction
Hi, I'm Riou and after visiting the therapist, he diagnosed me with a horrible addiction to swords. D:

I don't know how to start so I'll just say that I was really active in the Forum Games section in the MSPA Forums around 2010 to 2011, I even made a couple of games but they didn't last very long. My activity slowed down around 2012 and eventually ground to a halt this 2013.

Anyways, this new forum looks awesome and it's nice to see the other forum members are still here. Also, I'm planning on starting a new game sooner or later.

So, uh... That's all.
04-07-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: I have a horrible addiction
We are here to help. If any blacksmith ever sees Riou, please give him the sword. Of course, it will be just his luck that he is holy and therefore cannot use said weaponry.
04-09-2013, 04:27 PM
I already know the other guys from my forum so you're the first I feel like I can actually say hello as a new person to.

Hello! How are you doing today, Joey?

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
04-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Insert witty title here.
Hello, I'm AProcrastinatingWriter, and I'm sure many of you are disappointed to see that I have leapt over with the rest of the forum games.

Forum games were kind of the only place I really posted in the MSPA forums for a while, so potentially this place is my new home. I hope I enjoy it. If I don't, you'll be hearing from my lawyer. His name is Spackle, and he's a very nice lady.

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Paul is a bad username.
Forums hate it and it makes me sad

sup
04-09-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Paul is a bad username.
Tell me about it.

Whoever thought that Paul was a good name anyway? What a bunch of fools.

Tumblr/Steam
04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Cetus is here.
You might remember him as the GM of LE2, a plumber, a vengeful god who smites frogs with SARS, and that guy who dropped out of highschool a bunch of games because he sucks and lacks long term commitment.

Well now he is here and has lost the ability to speak outside the third person, as nobody talked to him much since then. sadface.

But really, I'm sorry to everyone for abandoning LE2 when I said otherwise but I'm a cowardly non-confrontational person and I didn't want to tell you guys it was too much for me to handle at that point. Please don't forget about me, I'm just shy. :(
04-09-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm 2Create, you might know me from MSPA or GMC, I like forum games.
Hi.

(I switched around the title and the post content didn't I?)
04-09-2013, 10:20 PM
So yup Reecer6 has arrived
Hello everyone, new and old! If you're from MSPA you definitely remember me and if not where the heck do you hang out. I'm all really COOL and all and I like forum games a lot.
That's really all I can say!
04-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Hello! From MathGirl277
Hi there! I am known as:
- MathGirl
- Math
- Mathie
- Mathy
- Pravi
- Nerd (not actually a nickname)

Pleasure to meet/already know you! I'll likely be joining/playing mafia games pretty soon as soon as I die in other games over on ET.
04-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Yep. Us Pauls have gotta stick together in having not super great names.
04-10-2013, 02:29 AM
[I] HB: Stop being SS.
You stop not being Hearts Boxcars.

You have made your way to the NEW GAMING FORUM. It's smaller than you were expecting. You doubt you will be able to rely on your usual one-thread-method, which is little more than lurking around on one thread the whole time you're here. You'll have to think of something else.

~

Greeting; I am Meyanni from the MSPA forums. You can call me whatever, like Meyanni, Yani, Hearts Boxcars, HB.. I don't really care. Most people call me Yani, though.

I'm mostly here for roleplaying; fantroll roleplaying in particular. But for now, I'll just be lurking.

|| My Tumblr ||
04-10-2013, 03:18 AM
RE: Insert witty title here.
Heya APW, good to see you on the other side :D
04-10-2013, 03:22 AM
RE: Cetus is here.
Good to have you over! Don't be shy, only some of us bite!
04-10-2013, 03:23 AM
RE: I'm 2Create, you might know me from MSPA or GMC, I like forum games.
Hey, good to have you over! Please, help yourself to some of the provided refreshments.
04-10-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: So yup Reecer6 has arrived
Heya! I remember you from a number of mafia games. There's a couple going on right now, in fact, if you're interested in signing up.
04-10-2013, 03:27 AM
RE: Hello! From MathGirl277
Heya Mathy, good to have you over!
04-10-2013, 03:29 AM
Heya Paul! And DPaul! (Man, i'm SO going to keep forgetting that you're DPaul unless you never change your avatar again, ever.)
04-10-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: [I] HB: Stop being SS.
Heya Yani, good to have you over.
04-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Hello.
Hi guys. I'm here. I like forum games and mafias and stuff. Now back on MSPA I never really left the mafia threads, but here I'll try and poke around in other games as well because I love all kinds of forum games.

(psst I have a mafia in signups and you should join if you haven't!)
04-10-2013, 05:59 AM
I like Tea. Both the person and the drink.

Watching you play mafia.
04-10-2013, 06:03 AM
Ballad-here
Hello! I'm Balladeer. I played two mafias over at the old place, and watched numerous others. My ratio is probably going to stay relatively similar here, with time being the constraint.

Any further information is in my profile. Lovely to be here!

Watching you play mafia.
04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
So what's the news on your survivor game? Are you going to bring it over here as is? Restart it with new signups? Scrap it? (Please don't do the last one.)
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Hello friends I am here
My name is Namboto, otherwise known as that dude that is really bad at mafia.

I sometimes have trouble transitioning to a new forum, but, thanks to the fact that this is straight linked to on MSPA, I think I'll be around, at least to play the occasional game (Maybe I'll even run something sometimes idk).
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Neither especially furious, nor particularly squid-like
Sorry about that. It's a bit confusing, I know.

In my intermittent periods of free-time, I ran a few non-mafia-type games on the MSPA forums, and took part in a few more (usually before silently disappearing, because that's a pretty terrible thing I occasionally do). Hopefully, I'll be doing more or less the same here. (Except the disappearing stuff, obviously. Less of that). Wait, what am I saying? I already am!
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
(insert greeting of choice here)
Yes, hello! Or possibly salutations, or greetings, they're all good words after all.

So, anyways, there's this guy, right? And he likes playing games on the internet. The guy, right upstanding fellow, he plays most of his games on the MSPAF forums. But then, suddenly, the forums remove their games. Luckily, he escaped. And that guy... was me!

If you want details, well, as far as forum games go I tend more towards pseudo-rpg style games, or games with some collaborative storytelling aspect. In real life I also like strategy games, but I don't like playing that type of game over the forums, since it winds up going really slowly.

I might actually help out on the game design sections of the forums too, since I enjoy designing games as much as playing them. (no guarantees, I've also got my own projects to work on)

I'm looking forward to hanging out here, I have a feeling it's gonna be pretty fun.
04-10-2013, 10:44 AM
(04-10-2013 09:43 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  So what's the news on your survivor game? Are you going to bring it over here as is? Restart it with new signups? Scrap it? (Please don't do the last one.)

He should bring it over as is and give us extra time for the current challenge mspa

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm debating what I'm going to do. The whole shift really threw off my momentum. I might restart, but right now I'm leaning towards just scrapping it.
04-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Paul isn't a bad username. ;)