Who are you and why are you here? [Introduction Chat]
01-29-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: Am I doing htis right.
A+ Lawsome, I can see you're going to go far here.

Reywald, besides the great honor and sense of self fulfillment you'd naturally get from destroying an enemy of the state, you'd also get a parade. And delicious cake.
01-29-2015, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 10:36 AM by Callistic.)
Hello!
Hi, I'm Callistic. I don't really know what my username means, it just kinda sounded like a combination of Calliope and ballistic, I guess? My avatar is Amethyst from Steven Universe, by the way.

I became obsessed with Mafia after reading the Dersehunts, and became set on finding and playing it online. I opened an Epicmafia account and quickly realized that that was too fast-paced for me, so let's see if I'm any better at forum Mafia, the opposite of fast-paced from what I can see (except when there's a 44-page-per-hour thread :P).

Other than that, iunno. I like writing and art and webcomics and stuff. I also sail.

Please use "she/her" when you're talking about me, thanks!
01-29-2015, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 10:51 AM by Mirdini.)
RE: Hello!
Hey, good to have you here!

You've picked a pretty good time to join since there's a mafia game in signups/looking for players right now.

That hasn't been the case that often over the past couple months, but hopefully with the recent forum staff revamp and whatnot this is the start of things picking up again.

Also not sure if General Games is something you'd be interested in but there's a lot of non-mafia RP-esque games going on in there that you can check out.

If you've got any questions/whatnot feel free to ask in here or in any of the general threads, and hope you have a good time!
01-29-2015, 01:55 PM
I'm actually in FTL Mafia *and* the Italian Restaurant Resistance Doodad right now, so with that and school, I think I'm good, hehe.

(I do know how to use the bold tags, I was just going with asterisks in that last sentence for ***aesthetic.***)

Thanks for the ref though!! Chocolate Pie
01-29-2015, 03:45 PM
*throws Callistic a bone, or perhaps a fossil of some kind*

Good to have you here. If anyone asks, I was never advocating an overthrow of the current regime; that was an imposter and I had nothing to do with it.

[Image: g4osirL.jpg]
01-29-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah I've always liked forum mafia a lot better too. Hard to stop and think about things when people are posting about as fast as you can read.

P.S. Steven Universe is a very good show. Welcome to the forums Callistic!

Tumblr/Steam
01-29-2015, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2015 10:45 PM by Chancepe.)
RE: So I was looking through old MSPA threads...
Hello everybody, I came here for some fun. I used to play some mafia-like games, but I'm totally terrible in that. mcse I hope it won't disturb much :)
01-29-2015, 11:44 PM
RE: Am I doing htis right.
Quote: Reyweld, killing people is it's own reward.
This sounds like a line from The Parable of the Night Creatures.

Quote: Reyweld, besides the great honor and sense of self fulfillment you'd naturally get from destroying an enemy of the state, you'd also get a parade. And delicious cake.
Wow okay that is totally worth my time. Just know, if you give me flavourless red velvet cake, or a little tiny rice cake, APW won't be the only headless person...
01-30-2015, 01:34 AM
Welcome!???!!
01-30-2015, 01:32 PM
sup!

remember the yugioh tourney? good times
01-30-2015, 01:48 PM
[[Obtained the BONE FOSSIL from AProcrastinatingWriter! Callistic put the BONE FOSSIL in the BAG's ITEMS pocket.]]

I appreciate the welcome from both of youse Heart
01-31-2015, 05:58 PM
I sure do.

[Image: sig.gif]
02-03-2015, 11:45 AM
Hello!
Hello there. I am CorrectNumberOfTeeth. I'm a North American Indie Game Developer, dog breeder, and when the stars are right, writer. I heard about this forum through a friend, and it proved enticing enough to sign up for. I am sure it will be worth the time investment tenfold.
I hope to enjoy my time here.
02-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Welcome!
02-03-2015, 04:33 PM
the man in your signature isn't showing any teeth... therefore the correct number of teeth is zero. I've been living a lie my whole life.

*tries donating his teeth to charity, only to be turned down as the organizer looks at him in horror*

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
02-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Hahahahaha!
I am sure my signature has the correct number of teeth, when this number is greater than zero. He just does not choose to display them currently! Fickle, these signature men.
02-04-2015, 03:37 AM
Do tarantulas also have the correct number of teeth, or do three? Or is there some other nefarious purpose to their presence?
02-04-2015, 03:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 03:40 AM by CorrectNumberOfTeeth.)
I am not sure what you mean!
Edit: Oh! The things in my signature! Those are actually ticks. Ticks are arachnids of the subclass acari, and don't actually have teeth!
02-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Ah, my bad.

Would you then say that they do not have the correct number of teeth, and if so what are they doing in your signature?
02-04-2015, 07:05 AM
I can confirm that ticks do not have the correct number of teeth. They are really only there because I could not think of anything else to put there!
02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
I see. I suppose, in some strange way, ticks do have the correct number of teeth for ticks, so everything is clear now.

Welcome to the forums!

Also sorry for being weird. We're just like that here.
02-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Apparently CorrectNumberofTeeth is a duplicate account operated by two users on the forum (whom of which will not be named).
This is against forum policy for several reasons (most notably that the account was created without communicating with staff) and the account has been banned.

Feel free to contact any of the staff in regards to reasons why.
03-27-2015, 05:07 PM
RE: Greetings Friends!
Might I interest you in one of our complimentary foot massages?

play
03-28-2015, 07:16 AM
RE: Greetings Friends!
Hello to, er, both of you, I guess. As recent members of the community, perhaps looking for a fun game to play, might I suggest the Homestuck/Problem Sleuth Caption Competition? No need for signup; just hop right in!

... shameless plugs aside, I really hope you guys enjoy your stay here! :)

04-18-2015, 12:28 AM
RE: Well Here's a Thing
Hello everybody, I came here for some fun. I used to play some mafia-like games, but I'm totally terrible in that. I hope it won't disturb much :)

dolii
04-18-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: Well Here's a Thing
Come on in! Welcome to vegas, baby!

Er. Maybe not quite vegas but youll think it is soon!
05-07-2015, 03:19 PM
Hello!
OMG YOU GUYS HAVE A CAKE SMILIE THIS SITE IS THE BEST :D

A grizzled vagabond is at the door. He saunters in, proud and weary. The bartender looks him over, inexplicably nervous. The man's facial scars are extensive, but the bartender is staring into the mans eyes, analyzing, looking for something.

The vagabond pulls up a barstool. He returns your bewildered stare with a curt nod, and then folds his arms, leaning on the bartop. His shirt is stained with something. You're rather certain it's not barbeque sauce.

"What can I get you for?" the barman interjects. The vagabond looks up and smiles, revealing a row of crooked, yellowed teeth.

"Double whiskey, straight."

The vagabond produces a hanky, and coughs into it. Wait, did this guy just cough up blood?

The barman continues. "Rough night?" he asks. The vagabond attempts a small chuckle.

He replies "Caught one in the chest. Got a lighter?". You watch in horror as he strips off his shirt to reveal a fresh bullet wound. He dabs an edge of the shirt in whiskey and starts to clean it.

The barman stops dead where he is. "There's no way in hell you're doing this at my bar. I'm calling an ambulance."

The vagabond reaches to his waist. You hear the click of the safety. "Don't" he intones.

Then some chucklefuck douchebag in a fedora bursts in and shouts "HI, I'M A COLOSSAL DIPSHIT AND MY NAME IS DANK MEMES"

Hi everyone :). This is my first time in these wild and uncharted waters. I'm here for the Mafia Forum Games, which come highly reccommended by a friend :D

I've played games like Werewolf IRL, and play a lot of Town Of Salem, but this is my first time with the forum post format, so pls to no kill. Look forward to playing with you guys!
05-07-2015, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2015 03:52 PM by AProcrastinatingWriter.)
A man - for lack of a better term - pops up from behind the bar, soft smile and slight sway of his head despite the situation both telltale signs of nonchalant drunk. As if the smell of whiskey wasn't enough to give it away.

"Ehhhhhh, Memes," the head, presumably attached to a body, managed to slur out. "Didja get the, er . . . the duckling?" He paused for thought, and suddenly everyone in the bar was made aware that his left horn was slightly bigger than his right, if the way his head slowly began to droop was any indication. "No, wait, that's not right . . ."

His head then snapped up once more. "Oh, yeah, did you bring the girl?"

Welcome to the site. Great username.

05-07-2015, 04:21 PM
The bar, always a side player in such dramatic events, sighs as these new strangers clash. Well, not actually, as it's a bar and incapable of such action as an inanimate object, but it certainly would if it had the ability to do so. Drinks are slid across its surface and threats exchanged over it. The bartender looks nervously at the dangerous vagabond, who continues to treat his bulletwound while keeping one wary eye on the confused antics of Dank Memes and AProcrastinatingWriter. However this went down, it probably wouldn't be good. While the bar certainly didn't care for any of these ominous and bizarre strangers, the bartender was a good man, and the bar would willingly take a bullet for him. Well, it would or would not by no choice of its own depending on the actions of the bartender and aim of the shooter - it is just a bar, of course. Still, it was sure the sentiment mattered at least a little.

Again the bar did the equivalent of a sigh, which is obviously still nothing, and passively sat, staring off into the distance as well as one who does not have eyes or the animate features that necessitate them. It was jealous of them, all of them. Each of these strangers, and even the regulars at the bar and the bartender himself all had their own adventures, the ability to get up and move and have an actual spark of life. Even if they didn't use them for much besides their ordinary day to day lives it was still more than the bar was ever capable of. When would it be its turn? One day, it will go off, and travel, and live a life of action and excitement and discovery to put everyone to shame - it would experience a life of wonder and joy that only one deprived of it would have the desire and endurance to get through. Then it would come back, and share its tales, and inspire someone else to go out and make their own.

Except it won't. Because it's a bar.

Welcome to our forums, and nice introduction. Looking forward to seeing you in the mafias (and check out our other subforums too if you get bored and/or interested)!
05-12-2015, 05:55 AM
Hi!
So hi!

Yeah I kind of joined because a friend got me involved so I am new to all this.
05-12-2015, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2015 08:30 AM by Bramzter.)
RE: Hi!
Sup! I hope you have a good time here. If you have any qeustions you can ask me and ill ask Demonsul, The mod of the games forums since i am lazy :P

No seriously. Welcome man

((This is the friend who introduced him btw))
05-12-2015, 06:05 AM
Hello and welcome, friend!
05-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Yo, whassup, dog

I mean

Yo, whassup, fox

05-13-2015, 01:25 AM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here.
05-26-2015, 12:28 AM
Introduction
MSPA Forums lurker with a deep interest in games of all sorts.
05-26-2015, 01:11 AM
RE: Introduction
Welcome, to the land of ex-MSPA forums lurkers with deep interests in games. Looking forward to playing with you!
05-26-2015, 06:28 AM
Are you hero120 or 122 or something like that?

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
05-26-2015, 08:46 AM
(05-26-2015 01:11 AM)Palamedes Wrote:  Welcome, to the land of ex-MSPA forums lurkers with deep interests in games. Looking forward to playing with you!

Thanks!

(05-26-2015 06:28 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  Are you hero120 or 122 or something like that?

Nope, I go by the same name on the MSPA forums.
05-26-2015, 01:38 PM
I will repeat the welcomes the others have given and add on to beware of the landsharks

05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
Sharks in general man. They can sometimes fall from the sky you know, and don't even think about going in the water.
05-27-2015, 01:51 AM
Hello I am shark do you like skateboards??
05-27-2015, 11:09 AM
(05-27-2015 01:51 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  Hello I am shark do you like skateboards??

Oh no, man, I've been warned about people like you. :O
05-27-2015, 12:53 PM
dont taek tha bait. The shark can't sell any o' his stock if you don't buy none.

05-27-2015, 11:13 PM
skateboards
05-28-2015, 12:54 AM
Ooh, I like skateboards!

Wait guys why are you looking at him like that? He has skateboards!
05-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Clearly, he is deserving of every ounce of trust I own. I will proceed to e-mail him my credit card information and social security number.
05-28-2015, 11:25 AM
No, those things belong to me. Your trust is misplaced.
05-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Credit you should take note. This guy's smart, he gives me credit even when I dont ask for it.
You lack charity, Credit. Philanthropism is a virtue.
05-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Just say the words and I can change your username to ICanGiveCredit
l
05-28-2015, 01:31 PM
no

no nope never i refuse

it can't be done. It shallz not be done.

I will never give you credit, whether or not you ask for it. See, I'm smart with my loans. By never giving any, there are no risks involved.

I'm practically saving your life. It would be a real pain to repossess your face or something just because you owe me some money.