Space Station 13 [SERVER UPDATE COMPLETE]
05-11-2013, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2015 01:49 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Space Station 13 [SERVER UPDATE COMPLETE]
Somewhere in the depth of space, is a gas giant, orbited by a state of the art research station, owned by the largest corporation named Nanotrasen. They work with only the best of the best. Do you have what it takes to sign a contract?

Space Station 13 is an online multiplayer roleplaying game, set on a horrible deathtrap made of tin, staffed by all kind of ex-criminals and socipaths. While the unsuspecting crew is working diligently, operatives and saboteurs with secret goals move in the shadows. It is a bit like Dwarf Fortress: a complex simulation of a space facility, complete with FUN, in the dwarf sense. Be wary of Assassins: you can never know who might be out to get you.

As a crewperson, you can engage in several jobs:
  • Supply: Order and craft objects for the crew, go mining!
  • Engineering: Ensure that the station has air and electricity.
  • Science: Research new devices, bombs and slimes.
  • Medbay: Prevent people from dieing and/or bring them back.
  • Security: Ensure the safety of the crew, shoot down space carp.
  • Service: Supply food and entertainment for the crew.
  • Silicons: Be an AI or a cyborg. Follow your laws.

But beware, for some players arrive with nefarious tasks. They either want to steal a rare item or to kill a certain person.
  • Traitors: Normal crewmembers who selled out themselves to the malicious Syndicate. They can summon high-tech equipment for their nefarious goals.
  • Revolutionaries: They try to brainwash other crewmembers and amass an army to defeat the heads of staff.
  • Changelings: Shapeshifting aliens who can eat you to steal your appearance.
  • Wizard: A space wizard from space. Beware his foul, robe-powered magic.
  • Nuclear Operative: They are here to steal the nuclear authentication disk, and detonate the station!
  • Cultists: They want to destroy reality by translating an ancient system of rune magic
  • Gang Boss: recruit crew for your own gang, to get the other gang boss killed

The learning curve of the game is a bit steep. It is better to discover the game in steps. Cargo Tech and Chef are good jobs for starters, since both of them can teach you basic game mechanics. And remember, this is a role playing game, so don't only play to win!

Links
To play the game, you first need to download Byond.
Once you have Byond,open it and go to file, open location, then connect to byond. You can find the server address here http://ss13.supersayu.com/blog/
Our IRC is located at irc.esper.net/#sayustation
You should also check the tgstation wiki, especially the begineer's guide.

We run games whenever we have enough people. The peak hours start around Saturday/Sunday 21:00 GMT+1

The admins are SuperSayu, Dalmationer and yours truly.
05-11-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: Space Station 13
SS13 is the bee's knees and if you haven't tried it out you should.
05-12-2013, 03:41 AM
By the way, Space Station Saturday is starting around now. The gametype seems to be extended, which is a mode without antagonists. Perfect for learning the game!
05-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Today is space station saturday! Games shall start around GMT+0 9 PM, give or take a few hours : O If you want to play, drop by in the IRC first for further advice.
06-24-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Space Station 13 [Daily games!]
Special Metastation grand send off, as we go back to normal station after today's first game~

Don't forget to join us.
06-27-2013, 12:15 AM
A unique thing has been added to the server: the theater is now also a holodeck. Clown and Mime can now put on all kind of plays (instead of just pranking everyone everywhere) \o/
07-06-2013, 03:40 AM
(05-11-2013 07:48 AM)ProfessorLizzard Wrote:  [*]Security: Ensure the safety of the crew, shoot down space carp.
[*]Service: Supply food and entertainment for the crew.

[Image: shadowelite951_floating-space-fish.jpg]
11-01-2013, 12:43 AM
The server should be ready for its Super Spooky Halloween event! Beware of Skeletons... in space!
02-16-2014, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2014 09:25 AM by Kevak.)
RE: Space Station 13 [spooooky]
I play SS13, I'll give your server a look, normally play as a mime and cause problems.
02-23-2014, 03:31 AM
The server has been recently updated! We have everything until the first half of the constructable machines update, but there will be another update soon, along with a map one.
02-05-2015, 05:10 PM
I uh is this still a thing? I recently got into it after failing like 6 months ago and I'm loving it so I was wondering if you guys still play it. I normally frequent Yogstation playing Cyborg > Chef > Security. What roles do you guys like to play?
02-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Yeah, this is still ongoing, with rounds played every saturday, however, not many players on the server frequent these forums. Also, the server's address has been changed! Check out this site for details http://ss13.supersayu.com/blog/
I usually play roles that are mostly self contained minigames like science, and drama filled roles like medical doctor.
02-08-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Space Station 13 [NEW SERVER ADDRESS]
Oh, wow, thread's still alive after a year, huh.
02-08-2015, 09:28 PM
RE: Space Station 13 [NEW SERVER ADDRESS]
Well, the only reason I didn't post about server updates for an entire year was because I didn't want to double post. Games never ceased to happen from 8PM GMT+0 until Whenever on saturdays.

It is time time
04-09-2015, 10:18 PM
RE: Space Station 13 [SERVER UPDATING]
This week the server is going to be up to January 1st! Exciting!

It is time time