Double Posts
05-12-2013, 01:05 AM
Double Posts
When you make a double, triple, etc... post it combines them into one post. It also says that the post was modified just like if it was edited. The extra posts are obvious because there is a line separating them. Now this is a really neat feature and would be perfect except that mafia is kinda important here. People have to double post because they can't edit their posts but then it says they edit their post. Potentially you could even edit your post and then double post to hide it though that seems pretty unlikely.

I think that this is a really neat feature that would be perfect if it didn't say it modified the post like it does upon editing. If it didn't anything at all that would be fine but ideally it'd just say something different that way you'd still have the time stamp from the new post.
05-12-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Double Posts
Maybe the feature can be excluded from the Mafia-Style Games section? Can that be implemented or...
05-12-2013, 02:25 AM
(05-12-2013 01:54 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  Maybe the feature can be excluded from the Mafia-Style Games section? Can that be implemented or...

I don't think you can exempt features from specific subforums, tho I'm not a forum wizard.

+1 support to Deceptive's post. I expressed the same thought en-passant on IRC a few days ago, but everyone was afk. Thanks Deceptive for being less lazy than I.
05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I will look into what can be done on this. It should not be that difficult to implement?
05-16-2013, 09:13 AM
I just had a thought. Does it combine posts if you double post after you post a thread? Because sometimes when you start a thread you have to reserve a post. Heck, sometimes after you've already made the thread you need to reserve posts like when you are posting all the role pms, quicktopics, and awards after a game is done. There should also be an option you can check when you're making a post to disable combining posts.
05-16-2013, 10:24 AM
(05-16-2013 09:13 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  There should also be an option you can check when you're making a post to disable combining posts.

Best idea^^
07-01-2013, 04:12 AM
(05-16-2013 10:24 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote:  
(05-16-2013 09:13 AM)Deceptive Wrote:  There should also be an option you can check when you're making a post to disable combining posts.

Best idea^^

Has this been implemented yet? If so, I don't see it.
07-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Post merging has currently been disabled while I look into other solutions.