Closed / Abandoned Project D.O.R.F.
05-05-2016, 06:40 AM
RE: Project D.O.R.F.
Nelor, brave foolish Nelor, your dangerlock will indeed lock danger poorly without the proper security parts. I hope you do not get eaten by horrible beasts.
05-11-2016, 08:29 AM

Click for large image

<bit of a retcon>Suddenly, the lights go up in the two holding cells! Clearly, they had a built in lamp all along, I mean, what kind of secure part would they be if they didn't have light security! The dangerlocks don't light up, since they were all made from generic parts.

The doppelganger is almost subdued! Suddenly, as Emry returns from lobster feeding, it seems to turn into a rubbery ball, and an errant punch from Emry makes it bounce about the room at terrific speeds!

Snowball is digging a hole! Digging a hole! They stop: they smell the smell a whiff of brimstone...

Polto crafts and builds another dangerlock using Generic Parts, and uses another two parts for a couple of ladders

Nelor uses up a lamp selection, sets up a danger lock (not as pretty), and sets up his room! Its colour can be changed once.

The canister.... is rumbling, and a red light flashes...

Floor countdown: 238
Current supply points: Emry: 18, Nelor: 21, Snowball: 18, Polto: 18
Supply shuttle: empty
Cargo bay: Bigroom worth of lamps x1, Nanofiber Wallpaper x2, Generic Part x2, Tentroom x3, Trap parts x2, Explosives x3, Bullets x1, Salvage Kit x1, Seed box (half empty), Secure Area Kit x1 , Tall Ladder x4

It is time time
05-11-2016, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2016 08:36 AM by Anomaly.)
Nobody really wants to use their turn just to order parts, but Nelor decides to take the plunge.

"Send me your orders, everyone. I'll relay 'em."

Nelor himself orders METAL REFINERY PARTS. Everything you'd need for smelting, processing, and refining ores prior to forging! It's enough for quite the facility, especially since Nelor can just improvise half the parts.

He also makes his bedroom a dark reddish color, because why not.
05-11-2016, 08:40 AM
Current orders:

METAL REFINERY PARTS: State of the art machinery x1 [5 points]

Breached floor 240! By the decreeof the everpatient Commissioner, your order will be complemented by a Diggingnanobot Horde, who will dig down Fifty floors, and establish.... Base Beta... Also includes ladders.

It is time time
05-11-2016, 09:43 AM
Snowball is not afraid of the smell of brimstone! Brimstone means lava, and lava means warmth and a free stove! Snowball is quite sure that nothing bad has ever, ever come from running into lava in a narrow mine shaft. They dig right and start exploring the new cavern.

Snowball also asks Nelor to send down a new exploration suit that can help withstand extreme temperatures, and something that can scan for interesting/living things in the underground.

Tumblr/Steam
05-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Current orders:

METAL REFINERY PARTS: State of the art machinery x1 [5 points]
Extreme Exploration Suits x1 [2 points]
Diggingnanobot Horde [free] //of course, they won't mine it out all at once, and if you mine while they mine, the deeper they go...

The supreme smelling sense of Snowball alert once again: next to the brimstone, Snowball can also smell rubber and oil... What riches lie below?

It is time time
05-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Security! We are not safe, not safe at all! Also, weapon parts. Lots of both!

Polto uses a generic part to ladder up the areas that still need it, and then uses a trap on the terrible spiderbeasts just to the left.
05-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Polto has made enough ladders in the previous update, so I'll take the command as setting all 4 of them up.

METAL REFINERY PARTS: State of the art machinery x1 [5 points, Nelor]
Extreme Exploration Suits x1 [2 points, Snowball]
Weapon parts x8 [8, Polto] //i have always considered 8 lots
Secure Area Parts x8 [8, Polto]

Diggingnanobot Horde [free] //of course, they won't mine it out all at once, and if you mine while they mine, the deeper they go...

It is time time
05-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Emry yells a mighty yell and JUMPS on the doppleganger. Let's see whose the boss of this god-forsaken colony!

Then, she cares for her lobsters because even hardened animal tamers need hobbies.

Emry also wants to order some new kitchen parts. So it can be combined with the wafflemaker to make a better kitchen.
05-12-2016, 07:57 AM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 08:27 PM by Anomaly.)
Nelor will also order a large quantity of generic parts, and some AUTOMATION SUPPLIES for the metalworking sector.

What, did you think he was just going to stand there and forge things himself the whole game?

EDIT: Nelor ALSO orders a hands-free Ordering Computer upgrade, and an Automated Unloading Drone. No longer will anyone have to spend all their time ordering stuff! WE HAVE SO MUCH POWER!
05-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Big image, click

Emry, you did it! She has finally tamed the wild doppelganger, who now assumed a friendlier shape.

Nelor processes the orders, and turns his tent to a different shade, meanwhile.

Polto puts down ladders, then throws a trap at the spiders. They seem to dodge it, and they flute with curiosity, settling on Polto's head.

Snowball follows the smell of brimstone, digs, and finds.... a vulcanized rubber tire production facility. Sulphurous brimstone stench is everywhere. A large pile of tires is blocking the way to the depths. There is a drawing on the wall. There are bits of resin all over the place.

The ordering computer now can keep track of the things you say on the radio! You all have a small speakermicrophone attached to your suits (or bow in case of Snowball). There is also a tiny Drone, unpacking things. Look at 'em go!
The ordering computer upgrade has also alphabetized the cargo bay contents.

The Diggingnanobot Horde (fuel: 50 floors), are walking slowly downwards to deploy...

Floor countdown: 236
Current supply points: Emry: 12.5, Nelor: 0.5, Snowball: 14.5, Polto: 2.5
Cargo bay:
Advanced Handhald Scanner x1
Automation supplies x3,
Bigroom worth of lamps x1,
Bullets x1,
Explosives x3,
Extreme Exploration Suit x1,
Generic Part x12,
Kitchen parts x3,
Nanofiber Wallpaper x2,
Salvage Kit x1,
Secure Area Kit x9
Seed box (half empty)
State of the art metal refinery machinery x1,
Tall Ladder x4,
Tentroom x3,
Trap parts x1,
Weapon parts x8

WHAT IS THIS? The canister is opening!
The person inside looks similar to the famed Dr. If Rank of Heckandback, but he consists of two cracked bells, and the upper one has a handle covered in tin foil. It is confusedly brandishing a weapon akin to the trumpet gun found earlier. Looks like a humming jar is jammed into it?

It is time time
05-20-2016, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2016 08:53 AM by Acolyte Doctor.)
"I AM MOTHER NATURE HERSELF" Emry roars to no one in particular.

She tend the lobster eggs, feeds the lobsters, and spends the rest of the time teaching the doppleganger how to tend and harvest plants. She isn't going to let it plant crops yet, its too unskilled for it.

She also asks Nelor if he could make a handy food dispenser for her lobsters if he had time.
05-20-2016, 08:59 AM
"I will if there's time."

Nelor gets to work setting up the METAL REFINERY! Complete with automated sorting, smelting, and alloying, and a whole lot of conveyor belts. State of the art.

If there's somehow still time after that, he makes a food dispenser for Emry.
05-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Snowball heads back to up the cargo to equip their new exploration suit. But on the way back down, Snowball hears a mysterious humming noise coming from the cannister room.

Snowball goes to investigate.....

Tumblr/Steam
05-20-2016, 02:38 PM
Polto shrieks in distress! Polto then flees upwards, accidentally taking the newfound and accidental passengers (Polto freaks out long enough for more spiders to gain interest) through the doorlocks. Polto begs and pleads with the spiders to not commit horrible Polto murder, Polto can be a good spider vehicle and servant! Unfortunately Polto has fled into the canister room by accident...
05-24-2016, 08:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 07:11 PM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Big image click!

Emry tends to the lobsters, and harvests the breadfruit with the Doppelemry.

Sadly Nelor only had time to set up a giant three part machine, no time for dispensers. (used up every automation supply, and the refinery kit. This machien is COSTLY)

"Koygav loh? Mazáh űröynöyg né za men ze! Megéselef űröynöyg né za men ze! Megéselef si scnin meken knujráv..." mumbles the mysterious person, who then noticed the suited Snowball, and Polto covered in spider. "Kenegedi za katlobarle!?" They yell, and point their weapon at the threatening individuals, shaking (and tingling) in fear. "Né matdut! Kerebme réhef űylöbmög sé korámodikóp!"

Diggingnanobot Horde digging down, they already dug 15 floors, converting the rocks to ladders and lamps... [35 fuel left]

Floor countdown: 221
Current supply points: Emry: 13, Nelor: 1, Snowball: 15, Polto: 3
Cargo bay:
Breadfruit x3,
Bullets x1,
Explosives x3,
Generic Part x12,
Kitchen parts x3,
Nanofiber Wallpaper x2,
Salvage Kit x1,
Secure Area Kit x9
Seed box (half empty)
Tall Ladder x4,
Tentroom x3,
Trap parts x1,
Weapon parts x8

It is time time
05-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Oh no, the new mystery friend(?) doesn't seem to trust them! Understandable really, since Snowball's fancy new suit does make them look a lot like a doppelganger.

Snowball removes their suit helmet and offers the strange figure some delicious spiders and breadfruit as a peace offering.

Tumblr/Steam
05-24-2016, 09:25 AM
Nelor realizes that no one has actually found any ore to process.

Nelor climbs down the long shaft and digs toward the silver speckly stuff! There must be something good there.
05-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Emry is like hmmm.

What if bread was...

Long.

(THE SHEER HORROR)

So in her mad genius, she decided to plant only the longest seeds of the breadfruit. Clearly this would make good portent.

Emry begins to take care of the lobster eggs after doing her evil genius stuff.
05-25-2016, 03:32 AM
Polto tries to run but Polto's legs are frozen in fear! Polto tries to get into a combat ready stance, but the fear from both this new horrible monster and the horrible spiders causes Polto to panic and freeze completely, looking timid and friendly.

"P-p-p-p-p-p-please w-w-we are n-n-no threat. D-d-d-do not shu shu shoot..."
05-28-2016, 07:10 AM
Big image, click

Nelor digs both directions, cursedly, uncovering two caches of those silver coins. He processes the archeological finds into strange silverish bars, and also produces some dirtcubes, and rock ingots.

Emry destroy the breadfruit with the best seeds for her nefarious plans, and gained Slightly Longer breadfruit seeds, and feeds the bread to the lobsters.
Tending to the eggs, holding them to the light and gazing upon them with her skillful eyes, she realizes that while the grown beasts are fully (sub)terrestial, the babies will need a sort of an aquatic cradle.

"Áááá!" says the visitor, as they gaze upon Snowball peeling off what surely must be their "skin". The bellman has fainted, dropping their gun, to the relief of everyone, especially Polto, and fore some reason, even more especially for the spiders.

The horde keeps on digging... [30 fuel left]

A rare Stonedcarp floats in the stream, and it devours the scrap and coins, removing the deadly electric trap.

Floor countdown: 216
Current supply points: Emry: 13, Nelor: 1, Snowball: 15, Polto: 3
Cargo bay:
Breadfruit x2,
Bullets x1,
Dirtcube x 6,
Explosives x3,
Generic Part x12,
Kitchen parts x3,
Nanofiber Wallpaper x2,
Rock ingot x3,
Salvage Kit x1,
Secure Area Kit x9
Seed box (1 breadfruit seed, 1 longer breadfruit seed)
Silverbars x 4
Tall Ladder x4,
Tentroom x3,
Trap parts x1,
Weapon parts x8

It is time time
05-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Emry is going to get a spare crate and fill it with water. She is then going to put in the lobster eggs so they'll be cute.

She proceeds to make more longer breadfruit seeds.
05-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Snowball retrieves the bellman's gun, before wrapping them up in a comfy net and carrying them up to the interrogation room. You'll be safe here, friend.

Afterwards Snowball heads down the shaft that the nanomachines made and starts exploring the new area.

Tumblr/Steam
06-15-2016, 10:35 AM
Looks like half the players have vanished (although i haven't been prodding them myself).

I would like to skip to the Final Chapter, if that is okay, as enough time has passed with slow progress that I want to try new things (with shorter timespan, science train style) out...

It is time time
06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
I still exist! I just forgot I didn't already post in this.

Nelor uses the CURSED FORGE to combine the silver with his drill! Surely this will produce a wonder of science.
06-16-2016, 08:21 AM
I am so sorry I completely missed the update! I'm okay skipping to the end and promise to be less scummy about not responding from here on out.

Polto goes to the interrogation room to make sure the new prisoner won't get out, and shakes off the spiders as well. No longer feeling safe at all, Polto uses weapon, trap, and generic parts to create a capture gun Polto can use to subdue any further monstrosities, and follows after Snowball. Safety in numbers!
06-18-2016, 08:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016 08:26 PM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Snowball and Polto explores the new caverns. In there, they find dozens of the canisters like the one the new prisoner came out of. Oh dear.

Meanwhile Emry and Nelor craft for the future! Emry makes agronomical progress, while Nelor manages to remove the curse from the drill via the silver... a terrifying pain hits his body...

Introducing the new friend.... Long Term Turns: I am skipping ahead, but i am not skipping your improvements!

Just describe in general what you were working on in the timespan of the next three turns.

Images return when we reach... THE END. Floors decrease by 30 every Long Turn.

Floor countdown: 206

It is time time
06-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Emry is going teach Emryclone how to read, write, and be polite.
06-19-2016, 03:58 AM
Snowball continues following after the nanobot swarm, gathering up any good resources that they leave behind, and exploring any new side passages.

Snowball decides to leave the mysterious canisters alone for now. The new friends will finish hatching when they are ready.

Tumblr/Steam
06-20-2016, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2016 07:06 AM by Palamedes.)
Polto knows that knowledge from the prisoner will be vital. Polto works on trying to figure out how to translate their horrifying monster language. Also, Polto expands the prisoner facilities - it will be needed. Finally Polto will apprehensively try to form an alliance with the spiders and other terrible monsters, maybe they'll like Polto more than these greater dangers.
06-20-2016, 11:29 AM
Nelor shudders. The pain... it is mysterious.

Not one to be deterred though, Nelor keeps on mining for mineral deposits, and processing them in the smeltery! He's got a new goal now... build power armor. Cursed power armor.
06-21-2016, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2016 12:41 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Emy spends a week teaching the Doppelganger! Now nobody can tell who is the real Emry (she the one that is not a white blob). Baby lobsters have hatched.

Snowball walks deeper, collecting stranger and stranger ores (they glow mostly, or sparkle), and a strange amount of graffitied masonry and statues depicting a cat which seems to be sewn into a skintight burlap sack.

Polto manages to tame the docile spiders, or rather, the spiders don't climb on them when they walk near. Polto manages to get to figure out a sign language with the prisoner. He seems to be a survivor of a grand catastrophe. His name seems to be Ahamxander Gralex Bell, and was a conspiracy theorist. He survived in a government mandated stasis tube. Most of the population did, but some of the scientist were shot into spacetime portals to get help from distant worlds. He also demands to know why he is locked up, and where is his fishing rod?

Soon, Nelor has become Sivlercursedscrap Kobold. Someone at the home base tries to write a song about him, but it just won't roll on the tongue properly.

The commissioner Petrikov proposes that, as much as he loathes it, maybe we should get Dr If Rank and Heckwalker Inc. involved. He might have been one of the scientists...

Floor countdown: 176

It is time time
06-21-2016, 06:40 AM
Nelor offers Ahamxander the cursed fishing rod. Surely nothing can go wrong.

He then forges an extra drill and attaches both of them to the arms of his suit. Then... he digs down.

It's fine, he has a jetpack. He can get back up.
06-21-2016, 08:24 AM
Snowball hands the new ores off to Nelor, and shoves all the new masonry and statues into the pod to send back up to home base. They attempt try to carry one of the mysterious canisters up to the pod too. After that Snowball goes back to exploring after the nanobot hoard.

Tumblr/Steam
06-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Emry starts pairing lobsters together so they start to grow wool. Meanwhile, she commands her doppleganger to make longer breads. Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonger.
06-22-2016, 02:55 AM
Polto communicates further with Bell, telling him they thought he was attacking and that Snowball put his fishing rod somewhere. Polto also tells him that they might secretly be the rescue team, and asks for Bell's help finding and gathering up the survivors. Since, you know, we can't speak the same language. Maybe with parts Bell could help make a translator?

Polto then digs out and securitizes some holding cells lavish guest rooms for the other pods and pod people. You know, just in case. If Polto has time maybe Polto will throw in a few beds or something.
06-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Snowball loads up the artifacts up the shuttle, and follows the Nanobots around. After handing over the fishing rod, Nelor POWERFLIES after them, and aids the digging a bit. The duo find a lot of strange gems: naturally polished, with 20 sides at least. All of them have various cat faces.

Ahamxander accepts his fishing rod, and thanks his benevolent abductors (probably). He looks less scared now.

Meanwhile, Polto makes some cells, but before they could propose the translator machine, Dr If Rank arrives through the supply ship, escorted by two gorillions bodyguards (which are like regular gorillas, but sentient, and wear jetpacks and a belt with many rayguns). Commissioner Petrikov apologizes through the radio, he should have known this was a bad idea. Dr If Rank demands to see the survivor.

Emry performs further mad science, and breeds what will one day become the furred lobster, and made some baguette fruits (although still on the small side).

Floor countdown: 140.

It is time time
06-23-2016, 06:37 AM
Emry will go order some seeds for the garden. More vegetables and fruit will be nice.

Meanwhile, she is totally leaving the doppleganger alone. It's not like it is going to make any...Unbread or anything like that.
06-23-2016, 01:33 PM
Polto asks what Dr. If Rank why there's any need for attitude, and then asks him to wait in Polto's room so that Ahamxander can be retrieved. Polto also asks the commissioner about what exactly was the bad idea.

That said, Polto figures the doctor must have been one of the survivors sent to get help, and so tells Ahamxander that one has arrived to greet him!

Polto then begins working on an elaborate cart system that can allow them to travel down the ladders to get across the digging more quickly than climbing, and with any spare time finishes setting up the prisoner survivor rooms.
06-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Snowball continues digging downwards, searching the new side tunnels for any more doppelganger nests to eradicate. A doppel-free cave is a happy cave, after all.

(Snowball has not yet seen Emry and DoppelEmry is the same place, and is still seemingly unaware that they're not the same person.)

Tumblr/Steam
06-24-2016, 06:37 AM
Nelor begins processing the various mysterious ores and gems to see what MYSTERIOUS (and probably cursed) MATERIALS he can make out of them.

He then incorporates them into his drills for good measure. The curse...
06-26-2016, 10:48 AM
Once the supply shuttle arrives with just one box of orange tree seeds, Dr If Rank proclaims that this place is now until quarantine, until you can reach the source of the signal. "This is why this was a bad idea. Turns out that to according to some obscure law he lobbied for, technically, he owns the planet until you awaken one of his higher ups." - the commissioner whispers in your headsets.

Ahamxander is relieved to see If Rank! They discuss many things in their own language.

Polto makes some more cells, i mean, rooms, and cartavators.

It is unknown what the doppelganger is doing to those plants...

Snowball finds a pile of materials which seems to be a pile of brass. Could it be a dead bellman? Or are If Rank's people are made of this?

Nelor melts down some of the twenty sided gems, and attached them to the drill. He has a dread premonition of failing critically.

Meowing can be heard in the depths of the shafts....

Floor countdown: 140

It is time time
06-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Emry goes to plant the oranges and make sure the lobsters are doing fine and being fuzzier!
06-26-2016, 12:24 PM
Polto discreetly informs everyone that the doctor has tricked them all. This planet, which was to be for all dorfkind, was secretly stolen from them through the least dorf-like action of all - talking. Action must be taken.

Polto doesn't really know what they're doing but they also order more security and weapon parts, along with electronics, and tries to make dorf-bots to rise up and stop If Rank protect and serve them all in case there are more bad things deep down.
06-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Snowball doesn't really understand Dorf politics very well, but Snowball does know that Doctors are always bad, and so decides to trust Polto about whatever it is he's talking about.

For now though, Snowball heads down to investigate the meowing.....

Tumblr/Steam
06-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Oh no wait, if quarantine means no more ordering parts, then Polto will just make dorfbots out of what Polto has on hand. Polto would then also try to break down the cylinder Ahamxander came out of for parts.
06-27-2016, 05:37 AM
Nelor dug deeper and deeper, in search of stranger materials.

If he found any, he'd process them straight away.
06-27-2016, 08:30 AM
Emry plants some oranges, and checks on her mad science. It progresses well. Dr If Rank saunters over, horrified by the cavern crustaceans. He also asks about the sword in Emry's pocket, and asks how experienced is she with it, because she might need it soon.

Polto makes a few scrapgorgs! They being just piles of scraps piled in a robot shape, prove nothing more than scarecrows. The gorillions shift uneasily, and Ahamxander locks himself into his cell, babbling about something. Polto manages to break down Ahamxander's canister, although with much, much effort.

Snowball found a strange meowsuleum, i mean, a mausoleum, in a side cavern. A sign with a bell with two rods crossed under it is a clear warning. A voice emanates from within, heard at the same time as the meowing. "Ah, so it is true! Creatures with higher brain functions awoke or arrived. So that is why I woke up? Could you let me out now, please, friend?"

Every time Nelor raises his drill, the Nanobot swarm has already dug out the wall, but some times he managed to dig deeper, as the bots took their Robotea break. He found some smouldering balrogite ores, which are never a good omen, but he made ore sheets out of them anyways.

Floor countdown: 100

It is time time
06-27-2016, 09:31 AM
"Oh I think I am pretty good at it!" Emry takes a few practiced swings. "Also if you know anything about the sword, do you anything about this clearly evil ring?"

Emry continues her mad science. She'll make the lobsters WOOLIER. And FLUFFLIER.
06-27-2016, 11:00 AM
Snowball takes a moment to actually think about their actions for once. This spooky voice coming from inside this creepy mausoleum sounds just a little bit, well.........

........completely trustworthy! After all, it did just call Snowball a friend, and it did ask quite nicely. Snowball looks around for a way to free the new friend.

Tumblr/Steam