Closed / Abandoned Project D.O.R.F.
06-27-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: Project D.O.R.F.
Polto finds out what is up with Ahamxander! He shouldn't be worried. Polto also asks If Rank if maybe he has a translator or could quickly teach Polto how to speak their language.
06-28-2016, 12:12 AM
Nelor offers the Balrogum sheets to the nanobots as an UPGRADE.

If they turn it down, he instead uses it to augment his armor plating. He'll be INVINCIBLE.
06-30-2016, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 10:01 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Dr If Rank gazes upon with fascination as Emry whispers "fur...." into the ear of the lobsters. He then says then suggests that if it is pure evil, maybe you should alloy it with some good, to make it neutral.

Dr If Rank gives Polto a small smartphone, which seems to have a translator software, and Ultimate Solitaire on it. Using this device, Polto translates Ahamxander: he seems to be terrified of the scrapborgs Polto made.

Snowball sees a doorhandle. It hasn't been there a second before. "Press me" is written on it.

The nanobots happily take the Balrogium, this is just what they need to dig too deep.

Floor countdown: 50

The bots will reach the Important Area in the next turn... Dr If Rank produces a few helmets: they are made of solid tin foil-silver alloys, and have been sneezed on by a pope, and they have active tactical huds, so he advises you to wear them.

It is time time
07-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Snowball..... pulls on the doorknob and wildly twists it back and forth. If that doesn't work for some unknown reason, they will try to go find a friend to help instead.

Tumblr/Steam
07-01-2016, 10:02 AM
Emry is going to ask Nelor if she could alloy the ring with the sword because as far as she knows, the sword had only done her good.

Meanwhile, she proceeds to make the breads not only long, but also very bendy. Yes, she'll make bread-ropefruits. How HEINOUS.
07-02-2016, 06:18 AM
Nelor will gladly do PROFANE METALLURGY with an EVIL RING! He gives Emry the resulting sword, then decides to combine Balrogium (or other evil metals) with... his trusty and completely unused jetpack.

He also puts on the helmet, because of course.
07-03-2016, 04:59 AM
Ham! Beautiful, frightened Ham. There is no need to fear! The mighty dorfbots are loyal to Polto, and Polto would never let them harm him. To prove this, Polto will speak to the dorfbots through the new translator. Polto is suspicious of the new hat but puts it on, just in case, and goes about securing the main base with dangerlocks and dorfbots.

Polto also goes to ask Nelor for help upgrading the dorfbots to be more dorfy and roboty, but then gets super into Ultimate Solitaire. Polto even gets the high score!
07-06-2016, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 07:21 PM by ProfessorLizzard.)
Snowball opens the door! Something wooshes by, whispering "I'll eat your luck last". It seems to fly.... downwards.

The breadropes are coming along.

Nelor has made the NEUTRAL SWORD. Gaze upon its unaligned moral glory. He also makes the DEPTH PACK. It is now only good for flying too deep. At least he can shroud himself in smoke and flame.

Polto moves the dorfbots about. They are... still just scarecrows without moving parts, and Nelor seems to be busy. Polto reaches the highscore! The smartphone prints out a Lucky Sticker.

Floor countdown: 0
The Nanobots hit a strange metal surface, and they decide to hibernate.

The anomaly was found! It seems to be the door to a large science bunker. This is it. All four of you must now team up, and enter this thing, to find its secrets, as it is customary for dorfs. Select your equipment wisely.

It is time time
07-06-2016, 07:24 PM
This is ridiculous but Emry is going to knit the breadropes into protective breadsuits. Spacebreadsuits.
07-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Polto marches downward with an army! Which is to say, spiders, possibly Ham, all the while dual wielding dorfbots. Unless Nelor fixes them, in which case Polto just brings trusty armour, trusty blowtorch, and then makes a shieldgun if there are any remaining security or weapons parts after the great bot construction project.
07-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Snowball quickly waves goodbye to the friendly new whatever it was. They seem nice enough, and Snowball is obviously a very good judge of character.

Snowball heads back up to the main base and draws up a polite, nearly-illegible note asking Nelor if he can help upgrade Snowball's drill and exploration suit for them. Snowball also retrieves the remaining explosives from the cargo bay, because they are clearly the most trustworthy Dorf to be put in charge of blowing things up.

Tumblr/Steam
07-09-2016, 07:20 AM
Nelor fixes the dorfbots in the only way he knows how! With random crap, and possibly cursed alloys.

Nelor then integrates the DEPTH PACK and the helmet with his POWER ARMOR. He's ready.
07-09-2016, 08:42 PM
[Image: final01.png]

The team gears up!

Nelor: cursed power armor with d20 pauldrons, depth pack, cursed drill, tinfoil silver helmet

Emry: sword of neutrality, breadsuit, tinfoil silver helmet, the knowledge that she has a strange lobster colony to return to

Polto: blowtorch, reflective armor, tinfoil silver helmet, shield gun (it is a gun with a shield around its barrel, protective), a bunch of spiders, two dorfbots (they have no moving parts, but the cursed ore of Nelor makes them hop about somehow)

Snowball: cursed exploration suit, tinfoil silver helmet, cursed drill.

From the right door, there is a soft hum of machinery. The left door has a porthole: looking through it reveals an old cafeteria.

It is time time
07-10-2016, 03:27 AM
Snowball goes left towards the food.

Tumblr/Steam
07-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Humming? Most foul!

Polto cautiously moves to the right, along with the ramshackle army they've gathered.
07-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Emry is like...food. She goes left.
07-11-2016, 08:53 AM
Vanishing on vacation until the 19th, seeya!

It is time time
07-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I thought I would get a burst of energy for finishing this after my long vacation, but sadly, I lost interest. Sorry all. Thanks for playing.

Things I learned: Base building is fun! I am very happy with that part of the game. What I did wrong: the dig down to the End Game bit was badly handled by me. Next time, the goal will be time based, rather.

What would have happened in short: you would have found out the device that was sucking in all the Luck of this place, and learned that it was meant to be a Weather Machine, but was sabotaged by Jaquespot, the Luck Abyss (cat demon Snowball let out of the Meowsoleum) for his own nefarious ends. In the end, a portal to Outside would open, and the dorves would kick it outside, with the help of a strange human(?) oracle, ending the cursed storm, allowing the bell people (sophiates) to emerge from their cans, to retake their homes.

It is time time
07-23-2016, 04:31 AM
Would the villain still have managed to escape without Snowball's help, or was this just another link in an incredible chain of good decisions on their part?

Tumblr/Steam
07-23-2016, 04:35 AM
Definitely, but much later, and would have tried to attack Snowball first (gaining the Power Of Distraction) instead of last (the Power Of Automatic Success At Defense), and would have made a monologue about inevitability.

It is time time
07-23-2016, 04:46 AM
I'm just going to assume that canonically, Jaquespot knew exactly how this was all going to go down and decided to steal PL's luck to keep himself from ever being defeated in battle.

Tumblr/Steam
07-23-2016, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2016 07:00 AM by Palamedes.)
Dastardly Jaquespot. Also I'm sorry for how I contributed to this whole thing by accidentally vanishing a few rounds ago, I think the awful cat demon made me do it.

I think the basebuilding was really great, but it could have been cooler for more things happening that we needed to react to, as opposed to us more or less getting to stuff at our own leisure.

Was If Rank actually up to anything nefarious or was Polto's suspicion just going to make everything worse like I suspected?
07-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Yeah, i should have upped the random events a lot more.

If Rank was not really up to anything malicious, he was just full of righteous fury now that the dorves found his homeworld. The most antagonistic he was meant to be was to block further supplies and put up demands while exploring. At the least, he was meant to be a shift in tone upon reaching endgame.

Also an old relevant art:

[Image: tumblr_o1mw1n7wyd1roisb4o1_500.png]

A scientist, If Rank and JaquePot The Luck Abyss™

It is time time