General Games Chat
05-15-2013, 11:47 PM
General Games Chat
For my first official act as grand localmod of the Other Games forum, I shall hereby create an official chat thread for rambling about things that have been happening in your games lately!

This thread is for general chat regarding any games current, finished or upcoming in the Other Games forum. Whether its brainstorming new games, plugging your latest masterpiece, discussing a genre or two or just having a good old games-related natter, this thread should serve.
05-16-2013, 12:36 AM
RE: General Games Chat
Wait when did you become a mod?

Also: ignorant small time merchant princes demanding to have more freedim and rights in a kingdom from a half fae duke with an army at his back.

Oh yeah, this will end well.
05-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Atleast you don't win battles by burning a city :3
05-17-2013, 08:45 AM
WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY SHIPS ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND!?
05-17-2013, 09:10 AM
They probably drifted away while you were in a coma. =D
05-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Allow me to be the first person to actually discuss a game here. I'm in need of more players for Gridhood S4.
05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry Gallo I maybe ate all the ships. I sincerely worry my character is going to be morbidly overweight by the time we all meet again.

ALSO!

I am debating making a game of my own (not to be confused with Outer Space, which I am helping Yewchung with). I had a couple of really solid ideas but most of them are too intensive for me to keep up during my hellish work schedule and will have to wait. This leaves me with a couple backup plans and I'm looking for opinions on favourites:

1) An on-forum board game. Probably something along the lines of a Risk or Diplomacy variant.
2) An Imperium off Topicum, based on the (unfortunately short lived) one back on the mspa forums.
3) A mafia, probably not a serious one (newbie or clusterfuck).
4) Some sort of game based around outsmarting/outbluffing other players, possibly themed around a Survivor-esque 'last man standing' concept.
05-17-2013, 02:49 PM
I'd support the non-serious mafia. Or the outwitting one, but I'm kind of working on a MetgaBrain sequel, so they might be a bit close.
05-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I'll always vote for the Survivor option pretty much every time.

One of these days, we'll finally see a second Survivor-esque that manages to make it past the first challenge without dying, I have faith.

Tumblr/Steam
05-17-2013, 04:58 PM
I'd vote for anything other than mafia, but that's just because I'm already involved in a lot of mafia and want to try something new.

[Image: tumblr_m89thxih7c1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti2qf1P1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89ti533mx1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tieX3hv1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_m89tillJz41qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m89tiqBWIY1qesb9j.gif][Image: tumblr_m3dyn8mGBA1qesb9j.gif]
05-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Many apologies to the GMs of various games I'm in, work and personal issues ate me alive for about a week. I'm back, though, I'll be on plenty tonight and tomorrow. If you haven't booted me out yet, then I'll be posting in your games shortly.
05-23-2013, 10:06 PM
You may have noticed that I've not really been around all that much these past couple of days. That behavior will be at its peak today. Sorry, I've just been packing and preparing to go home now that this year of uni has finished. I'll be back with you shortly.
05-29-2013, 05:15 PM
Is it me or have we ALL been busy lately? Busy busy busy.

I'm going to try to devote more time to foruming this coming Friday and Saturday. Expect me to be about then.
05-30-2013, 07:37 AM
I think so Kocel.

I think so.

I am going to try and start something this weekend or maybe the next (depends on how well updating the other game I'm part of goes). Any last minute suggestions (here or privately) would be wonderful since I've only gotten three so far ;-;.
05-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Ideas? Hm. A list.

1. Godhood
2. An RPG-ish Game
3. A Resource Gathering/Management/Construction Type of Game.

Those are ordered in terms of how easy they'd be to pull off. Not that any of them would be easy, mind. But they're games I feel would draw in active players and give us a kickstart.
05-30-2013, 05:01 PM
I just assumed you Americans had finals or something going on, isn't it that time of year? I don't keep tabs on that, but whatevs.

As for suggestions: I'm not sure about a Godhood, there's currently two going on and one of them is getting a bit dead in the water. (Then again, that one might pick up a bit now that players can join as horrible fucking monsters oh shit son) But this might sound like a stupid idea, but maybe a Mookland-Variant game? Maybe? I dunno, I think it's the wrong kind of place for it now, but just throwing that idea out there.

A Survivor game would be awesome though if you got the sheer amounts of spare willpower lying around to make it to the end of it, hell I would join that in an instant. I say that would be the best bet.
05-31-2013, 03:52 AM
We don't have any Godhoods going on right now. What we have is two Gridhood games, which is an entirely different kettle of fish, just with a similar genre and a pastiche name. A godhood game would probably be pretty fun, but as always they are quite an investment of effort.
05-31-2013, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 07:04 AM by Lightning Scorpion.)
Remember IRC Godhood, that was fun.
Also, I have an idea for a game based on people getting sucked in the computer/laptop/phone/whateverthehellyouusetogototheforums and stuff but I honestly don't know whether to put it in Eagle Time or This Forum or both.
05-31-2013, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 07:11 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
Idk, you could choose either but if you do both, you should put one of the rules as "one person can't play the game on both forums." 'cause that seems to me like an issue that would come up.
05-31-2013, 07:42 AM
A godhood game was never in the question. I'm pretty sure only Sul has the power to see one of those through and I'm looking for a slightly lower effort thing to do (since I already have a job and a shared game).
05-31-2013, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 01:16 PM by BlazerC.)
(05-31-2013 03:52 AM)Demonsul Wrote:  We don't have any Godhoods going on right now. What we have is two Gridhood games, which is an entirely different kettle of fish, just with a similar genre and a pastiche name. A godhood game would probably be pretty fun, but as always they are quite an investment of effort.

whooooooops

My vote still goes for Survivor though
05-31-2013, 08:04 PM
(05-30-2013 05:01 PM)BlazerC Wrote:  I just assumed you Americans had finals or something going on, isn't it that time of year? I don't keep tabs on that, but whatevs.

It was "Liberty Week", where we spend the week driving motorcycles, shooting off fireworks, eating burgers, and shooting shotguns into the air.

We even sent Sul and Gallo motorcycles so they could join in. I think Pala's been doing something else. I think it's, "Moose-mounted Apology Week" or something. Or maybe it was a hockey tournament. I dunno.
06-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Sadly, your fireworks you sent me didn't get through customs. Apparently we don't allow fireworks that run on plutonium in the United Kingdom.
06-01-2013, 04:48 AM
You also delivered my fireworks to the wrong address.

I was wondering what caused that earthquake in Northern Wales recently.
06-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Yo Kocel, where were my Patriot-Grade™ Bald Eagles. I paid good money for them.
06-01-2013, 06:38 AM
I, uh, well, I...

... See, funny thing...

I was making burgers, and, well... I ran out of beef...
06-01-2013, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 07:49 AM by Demonsul.)
You see, this is why we can't enjoy Liberty Week. Thanks a lot, Kocel, you made a right pig's ear of everything.

At least I got a free motorbike out of the deal...
06-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah.

By the way Sul you still owe me for that downed UFO.
06-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Liberty Week coincided with the Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Literature Day, which has its own song.

The one, the only, Vancho!
06-01-2013, 01:57 PM
I feel like making a game of some sort, but a) I lack the creativity to do so and b) every thread I make is cursed to be dead long before it even starts. So yeah.
#dumbtidbitsfromtruth
06-01-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry none of you were invited last week.

It was indeed National Apology Week, and I am so sorry that I didn't let any of you know ahead of time. I am also sorry that this week was relatively mooseless too.
06-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Hey, so if anyone's looking for a low-effort tabletop RPG, sign up for Squirrel Attack! It'll be loads of fun, I assure you all.

06-02-2013, 04:41 PM
I have a feeling that the game I'm working on is going to be a wonderful disaster.
06-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I still don't know whether to put my game on Eagle Time, Chocolate Pi or both.
06-02-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd choose one or the other.
No need to inflict the game on two forums.
06-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Or Blue moon, depending on what kind of game it is.

[Image: Uellf.gif] [Image: f4Ygf.gif] [Image: pCBx9.gif] [Image: zvlmM.gif]
[Image: TSiw3.gif] [Image: Ex0LP.gif]
06-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Wait what's blue moon?
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Blue moon is an adult role playing site...

Anyways if you want to try out a good survival text game, this is a good one
http://forum.chocolatepi.net/Thread-Where-am-I-OOC

[Image: Uellf.gif] [Image: f4Ygf.gif] [Image: pCBx9.gif] [Image: zvlmM.gif]
[Image: TSiw3.gif] [Image: Ex0LP.gif]
06-04-2013, 01:32 AM

why do I bother asking these things ;-;

LS I might choose these CPI forums since I don't think I've seen you around much on Eagletime, whereas here you're a relatively well known member.
06-07-2013, 10:46 AM
I would like to inform you that I will be busy weekdays this summer. I am working in a lab, and it takes a lot of my time. I will be free to post maybe in the mornings, probably weekday evenings, and most definitely the weekend. Please take this into consideration.

As for the people signed up for Squirrel Attack!, do not worry. If we decide to go with the in-thread route, I will make sure to have a scheduled turn update every evening, to keep things moving. If we use a live tabletop game program, like MapTool, then our sessions will be held on the weekends.

06-08-2013, 09:18 AM
I feel like there should be more turn-based stuff like Gridhood...But not Gridhood. We got three of them already.
As to why I'm not doing that myself, well, there's the whole "can't make a decent thread" thing.

Punching people with the truth.
06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Wait. THREE gridhoods!? Where is the third one? I want to play!
06-08-2013, 09:47 AM
False alarm, I miscounted. There's only two.

06-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Though if someone were to make a third one, I might join. Don't feel like joining in late to any of the current ones, since it's always hard for me to keep up when that happens.

06-10-2013, 04:46 AM
Since CS3 is dead, would you mind releasing some information on the players and their tribes? The early-game was so isolated that I had no idea whether or not I was interacting with anyone at all.

06-10-2013, 07:13 AM
(06-10-2013 04:46 AM)Vancho1 Wrote:  Since CS3 is dead, would you mind releasing some information on the players and their tribes? The early-game was so isolated that I had no idea whether or not I was interacting with anyone at all.

That is part of why the game was such a mess-up.

Enjoy some pictures of things.
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM
I actually liked CS3, but I've gathered that I'm kind of strange that way.
06-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Due to my recent re-discovery of Kingdom Rush, I'm tempted to bring back that Tower Defense game idea I did a long time ago that died (and it wasn't my fault for once!). Anyone care at all? aka, who would join if I made it?

06-10-2013, 11:40 AM
A survivor game sounds like it could be amazing. I wouldn't know where to start with such a thing, but I'd be willing to keep one going in any way shape or form I could provide. Not like I have many other obligations at the moment anyhow.

As for the tower defense game, I'd be more than willing to give it a shot.

And while I'm at it I suppose I may as well somewhat bashfully plug my own game, The Tower of God. It's technically my first "Game Proper", and I'd certainly appreciate it if you'd take a look. I've put a fair amount of work into the graphic detail, and I feel it's an interesting enough concept to at least merit a glance.
06-10-2013, 12:00 PM
The thing is, I want to keep my original format I had (though less cluttered), but make up a different plot for it...
This may take a while.