General Games Chat
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
RE: General Games Chat
(06-10-2013 07:13 AM)Demonsul Wrote:  That is part of why the game was such a mess-up.

Enjoy some pictures of things.

So it looks like I knew the least about anyone else. Granted, I did subjugate my immediate (presumably NPC) neighbors, and lived in the middle of a desert.

The one, the only, Vancho!
06-10-2013, 06:52 PM
I am slightly saddened by the lack of City-State styled games on this forum, as since my first attempt I've learned much of humanity, and want to play games that cause me to think. Just complaining.
06-11-2013, 12:01 AM
The problem with States-type games is that they're very, very labor intensive on all sides. I've considered doing one before, but always I realize that the amount of work is huge. Especially over this summer, I'd have no time whatsoever. Already I have barely enough time to do the things I need to.

For now, I guess you'll have to be satisfied with Crown. It's a similar genre of game.

06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah, I understand the drain. Again, it's more me complaining to put my opinions out there because maybe it'll change something (probably won't). -shrugs-
06-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Should either of my games come to a conclusion (not likely any time soon) my next planned game is a return to my roots with the States genre, a game in the style of CS1 - sort of.
06-12-2013, 06:08 AM
So, I've come up with two plot things for my (hopefully) soon-to-come TD game on here. Either a) some kind of time-threatening paradox opens and all sorts of mismatched monsters pop out, and they unnamed army sends in troops to deal with them
or
b) an ultra intelligent alien race lands on Earth in an attempt to enslave it and another unnamed army unites each and every thing to help stop them.
Take your pick or I'll flip a coin.

Punching people with the truth.
06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
I choose option A, even though I might not be playing due to the other games I'm playing as well as taking a crash course on how to be a GM in my own game.
06-12-2013, 06:46 AM
I choose B if only b/c Raptarion's game is already doing A
06-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Looks like it's a coin flip, then.
Option A it is. The thread will be up...eventually.

Punching people with the truth.
06-20-2013, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2013 11:46 AM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
TheLifeBird's Moogle.Inc game is short of players!

Wouldn't one of you like to join as a delightful moogle, or even a HERO and SLAY THINGS.
07-13-2013, 06:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 06:34 PM by nearlyNonexistent.)
hey if I made a thing where you solve puzzles to get plot and your actions effect the plot would anyone be interested in it

what should I even put here
07-16-2013, 05:33 AM
An announcement to all the GMs in whose games I participate:

I will be traveling with little internet access for around a week. By next thursday, I should have consistent internet access again.

07-17-2013, 03:54 AM
Thank the Internet Gods and the great, wise, mighty, and handsome Internet Oracle for unsecured WiFi networks!

Still, this weekend I will be in the mountains, so no internet there. From around Saturday to Wednesday I will have no internet access.

07-20-2013, 04:20 AM
Hey guys, I started a game that needs a few more players. Why don't you check it out?

AND THE BEAT GOES ON
07-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I was going to join, but then I realized that it was only going to last a few weeks and decided against it. Talk to me if you can't find enough other players though. I remember you from the main forums, I'm still impressed that you managed to run that demigodhood game to completion.
07-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Jegus Grist I'm back.
Sorry for the likely obnoxiously long lack of activity.
My family was changing internet supplier and it didn't go nearly as smoothly as planned.
Updates for everything coming asap.
07-22-2013, 05:01 AM
Thanks Supernerd, though I wouldn't want to force you into something you weren't super excited for.

If I can't get enough players I'll probably hang around in other peoples' games and then maybe maybe next summer I'll try Demigodhood: Trials 2. I've actually got some interesting ideas for it and more clear cut rules I'll make available up front.
07-22-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd offer to co-gm it, but that would mean I wouldn't be able to play.
07-23-2013, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 11:49 AM by Kocel.)
ANNOUNCEMENT

[Image: ElBandito.png]

With the conclusion of the Steam Summer Sale gone and past, I think it's a good time to announce a little project I've been prepping for.

Ever take part of a White Elephant gift exchange? Basically, everyone brings random gifts, some of them are likely to be weird crap, and you all draw numbers. Then, going in order based on the numbers drawn, you either pick a gift to unwrap or, if you're not the first person to go, steal a gift someone else has opened, forcing them to pick again. Well, my idea is similar, but get this: you won't even have to bring a gift to participate.

I've been collecting cheap games during the sale (all five dollars or less) in preparation for this. Some of them are really good titles that I either own or know enough about to recommend. A couple are baffling mysteries I know NOTHING about. Others are, uh, well, let's just say they're certainly notable in SOME regard, at least. I've got thirteen in total, ready to go.

So, here' s how it will go down. I've got twelve titles. When I open up the thread for this, there will be thirteen first-come-first-serve spots available. Once I have enough people, everyone will randomly get a number assigned to them. Then they'll go in order, picking a game or stealing a game someone else has picked.

It's simple. There are, of course, a couple rules. Each game can only be stolen twice, after which it freezes and can't be taken again. You won't get your game until this whole thing is over, because logic. You'll need Steam for this, but Steam is free and an easy download, so if you don't have it that can be easily fixed.

This might be a silly idea but it's something I've wanted to put together to show my appreciation for this forum and the people within it. The thread will be up soon-ish, hopefully within the next day or two. I'll be doing some prep work for small details and such until then.
07-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Dang, I wish you'd mentioned this idea before the sale ended, I would have been willing to toss a few extra good games into the pot.

Tumblr/Steam
07-25-2013, 03:48 AM
well i guess i have something to bring to the table

[Image: w7jpLXy.png]

No one man should have all that power
The clocks tickin, I just count the hours
07-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Hm? Oh man, now I'm glad I didn't start yet.

The games I think would be cool to include would be Mark of the Ninja (So so good), Awesomenauts, Monaco, Issac, and Antichamber, at least.

I'm shooting you a PM now.
07-26-2013, 09:09 AM
Supernerd I saw they you ended Gridhood and were considering running a godhood game. I'd just like to say that I'd be willing to play if you made one.
07-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Its not enough to be willing to play. You would need to be willing to post in a timely manner after every single update for a long period of time. And several other people would need to do the same. And if more than one or two people fail to do that for whatever reason then the game would drop dead. After the neglect that my gridhood game received, I'm hesitant to start another game.
07-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm always down to retry something I've failed at before.

Working Name: Anarkismo
07-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Understandable Supernerd, though if you decide to go on I'll be there.
07-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Neat, a Godhood Game sounds neat to try. I always read about those games but never got to actually try them. May I sign up when it is made as well?
07-26-2013, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 01:39 PM by Supernerd.)
Its really more of an "If" than a "When" as it stands right now.
Edit: I am now working on a system for a Godhood game. Its leaning more towards when now.
Edit2: I made a Godhood game... One thing lead to another and before I knew it I had a full Godhood game built.
07-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Solaris, I PM'ed you. I'm waiting for your reply before I spring my thread.
07-27-2013, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2013 12:07 PM by ICan'tGiveCredit.)
(07-27-2013 07:10 AM)Kocel Wrote:  Solaris, I PM'ed you. I'm waiting for your reply before I spring my thread.

hey thanks for the hint kocel yeah so I'll just wait for the thread to spring up in the next

*looks at watch* five hours. Well hey! It's seems that exact amount of time has passed by! mspa

*innocently whistles*
07-28-2013, 06:11 PM
:P

Okay, I got the reply from Solaris... I can either have the thread up tomorrow or Monday.

Figuring the whole Steam gift system out first. Don't want the games I don't own to go to my library instead of my inventory.

This will happen. I'm just operating on Valve Time, is all.
07-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Damn Kocel, thats incredibly awesome of you.
07-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Blah. I messed up Evolvo. Apparently, the original rules stated that you started with three animals and a plant, and things were done 'per era'
07-29-2013, 04:14 PM
I think it is going fine. I cannot participate due to the lack of photoshop on an iPad.
07-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Have you tried Gimp? I don't use an iPad, so no idea if that will work.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
07-29-2013, 05:55 PM
@ JGamer503: I'm using MS Paint. It's the best program to use because it doesn't make those ugly blurry bits.
07-30-2013, 01:23 AM
No. You see, none of those programs work on an iPad. I use photoshop mostly, and GIMP for gifs.
07-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Game is up, people! I've decided on twenty-one spots because that is a cool number.
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Kocel you're actually the coolest. I wish I'd have participated more in the sales going on and could contribute something too, but such is the curse of not-actually-paying-attention to this stuff.

(I had two or three extra games but I gave them away like a month ago I'm so sorry ahhhhh)
07-30-2013, 05:43 PM
What? Don't apologize. If I wanted everyone to contribute, I'd have pitched this idea when the sale started.

Besides, honestly, I didn't want people to feel like they should have to. The reason I accepted Solaris's offer was because he was offering some REALLY good games and I wanted to open up more spots.

Hell, who knows. We might not even fill 'em. We'll see.
07-31-2013, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2013 12:45 AM by Demonsul.)
I think you'll have no problem filling them. It's like emptying a pot of jam out in the open near a wasp farm.
07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
What stops people from making an alliance with two other players next to themselves on the turn list and conspiring to lock the best gifts by trading them 3 times in a row?
07-31-2013, 02:12 AM
General honesty and hoping that people won't be huge douchebags about some guy giving away games for free?

Also I think it would be somewhat obvious if the same three people kept stealing each other's games.
08-02-2013, 07:02 PM
There's going to be a short delay in finishing prep work for my game (AKA Adding all the players on Steam) in the form of "One of my dogs just died." I'll jump back on things Saturday or Sunday, depending on conditions. Apologies for the delay.
08-03-2013, 11:08 AM
NoooooOOOoooo my game died ;_;
08-03-2013, 11:13 AM
It did?
*Checks the Evolvo game*
No it didn't.
You just haven't had anyone post today is all.

08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
...or maybe your game did die. Hell if I know.

Speaking of dead games, what's the estimated success rate of trying to bring back a forum game that hasn't updated in more than two months?

I'm thinking of trying to revive Time Travesty, but I don't want to even bother typing out an update if no one is going to play it.

If you were in my game, and are still interested, please send me a PM. If you no longer wish to be in the game, also send me a PM so I know who has and hasn't read this.
(Sorry for the double post)

08-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Unless explicitly stated otherwise I am always willing to rejoin any game that's been dead for a while. That's just the kind of guy I am.
08-04-2013, 08:48 PM
@ Raptarion: THe death of Evolvo is probably for the best. I started it out wrong, so hopefully once it gets buried a bit more, I can start a new one that's more 'proper'. AKA, we start with three detrivores, a plant, and no land at all.
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Who would be interested in a sort of monster raising game