General Games Chat
07-28-2016, 09:20 AM
RE: General Games Chat
It's really too bad that Chaos Diplomacy was lost in the Great Forum Apocalypse of 2016, if only we could all reread the tragic and inspirational story of my meddlesome land gondolas again.

Tumblr/Steam
07-28-2016, 10:47 PM
*single tear* Also remember Dr Eggman's terrifying betrayal....

It is time time
08-04-2016, 01:32 PM
I remember seeing that game post-hoc, seeing it was beautiful, and being inspired to play in Youngstown.

I like Pala's idea with the generals.

"We love eloquence for its own sake, and not for any truth which it may utter, or any heroism it may inspire."
-Henry David Thoreau
08-05-2016, 05:45 AM
Just a note to everyone: I will be out in the mountains from the 5th to the 14th with no internet.

The one, the only, Vancho!
08-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Hey people have a plug for Create Your Own Mafia Role Card Game The Game Mafia (CYOMRCGTG if you want a short, easy way to remember it), inspired by the regular card game you've probably seen a million iterations of. Premise is that every phase you get a brand new ridiculous power determined by how insane you and the other players are. It's going to be an insane clusterfuck a fun time, with the insanity increasing with every extra player and role!

Also, I'll be taking suggestions and concepts for Diplomacy: Lousy Treacherous Generals edition, which I will probably run once CYOMRCGTG is set up and well on its way.
08-06-2016, 10:40 AM
I thought of a game idea, and I want your opinion on it. I finally figured out a way to incorporate romance into one of these forum games in a way that might actually work.

Picture a fantasy RPG type game with a twist. The game will be divided into at least two chapters, and the main goal of the first chapter will be to fulfill missions to earn skill points to spend for a new character that you will control in the second chapter, in which you will play as the child of the character you controlled in chapter 1.

There will be two types of missions. General missions that reward traditional RPG game behaviors such as "kill the dragon", and secret missions that cause drama such as "convince a specific character to marry you".

Secret missions will be deliberately designed to make things incredibly awkward for everyone. For example: two players may obtain the same mission... To go on a date with a specific character at a specific time. Or maybe you had a mission to marry someone since the start of the game, but later obtain a new mission with a greater reward to kill them instead. Characters in these scenario may be controlled by another player. All missions are optional, and many have an expiration date.
08-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Time states signups is almost over! Ending on the 15th.

I am also thinking about adding NPC time zones (who can't time travel themselves), especially if there is only a small number of players.

It is time time
08-12-2016, 03:19 AM
Would be interesting for us to go back to imperialize oldentimes.
08-19-2016, 02:59 AM
On eRegime there's three forum games either being run or about to start: http://eregime.org/index.php

* A game set in 1910's Albania (character-based RP)
* A game set in 1989 Afghanistan (another character-based RP)
* A game set in the world of 2001 (rule-based game where you play as a country)
08-22-2016, 03:27 AM
Hi guys, I'd just like to apologize for any noted lack of activity from me amongst the many things I'm participating in/sworn to participate in/planning to run over the past couple of weeks. I've been going through a bit of stuff in meatspace, and I'll hopefully be back up to full speed in the immediate future.
09-12-2016, 11:08 AM
So I've got a game design thread over in game design that I would love to bring to the table, it's 90% done and open to criticism. I just uploaded it yesterday, but the sooner I could get feedback, the faster we could get it running mspa

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
09-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Once again, I find one of my games almost completely overlooked. Would anyone mind joining, or proving a reason why they chose not to join so that I can hopefully fix the issue in the future?
09-19-2016, 11:42 AM
I actually totally missed it, I've been bogged down and haven't been thoroughly checking things that people aren't yelling at me about via PM or Skype. I'll give it a look.
09-19-2016, 12:12 PM
I was looking at it to see how it was shaping up before joining yet another game, but if you want a decision now I guess I'll sit it out.
09-19-2016, 12:41 PM
I think forum activity has been pretty low, probably because of school starting up again

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
09-19-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm generally not a fan of gridhood games, nor the whole "abilities" system. I hope you find players, but remember that emotional coercion makes people less interested. <3

Working Name: Anarkismo
09-20-2016, 07:49 AM
i am in much games right now, also school

indicative : I don't even have the energy to roll some dice and write some things

09-21-2016, 12:33 PM
I don't have the time for another mechanics-heavy game, is the long and short of it. Couple that with the forum's low activity, and, well... Yeah. Maybe try sourcing some players from elsewhere? We used to have a crowd of folks that liked the mechanics-heavy stuff. Maybe they bled onto Eagle-Time? Keep in mind that it being School-Season also cuts down our activity a bit.
09-21-2016, 01:14 PM
It would probably make more sense to source the game itself. I only found one player here, and they don't seem especially enthusiastic.
09-21-2016, 01:23 PM
Just an outsider's opinion, but I think you guys would benefit from pacing your games out a bit or do a few big event games sourced with a lot of outside players to pump some fresh blood in. That's generally how my forum keeps itself active. It's a bit of a revolving door, like all forums usually are, but event games keep the intake higher than the out
09-21-2016, 02:18 PM
what is this I smell? Fresh blood? welcome new person.

I see your thread and perhaps I will post there with suggestions. I hope you stick around if a new game is opening around here.

09-24-2016, 09:04 PM
The latest iteration of eRegime's staple forum game is going to start on October 1: http://eregime.org/index.php

Quote:Balance of Power XIII begins in January 1981. Players assume the role of countries, militant groups, political parties, or whatever other position they can think of. Every year is divided into Early (January - April), Mid (May - August) and Late (September - December) periods. Each turn lasts about four days in the real world.

The game is played by sending a private message to the Game Master (the person in charge of the game) with information on what actions you want to do for the turn. The GM will inform you how much an action costs in terms of credits or points, as well as their chance of success (from 1 to 10) and potential effects. Turn PMs may be formatted however one wishes, so long as it's legible to the GM.
Over 50 people have signed up.
10-18-2016, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2016 10:12 PM by ProfessorLizzard.)
I have decided: Coming soon, a new chapter in Magic Exile.

It is going to be called Magic World Tour, where the players will take the role of not!InspectorFixes, trying to find a world travelling magical criminal. Also while disguised as a band.

(also i am still missing some commands in Time States...)

It is time time
10-23-2016, 03:36 AM
I'm to be out of town for the next week. I should be able to check on things every other day or so, but my activity will probably be way down.
11-23-2016, 09:35 PM
I have started a pbp cosmic encounter game, looking for three more players!

It is time time
12-25-2016, 07:08 AM
Cosmic is over! It took a month to play out, but it worked : o The 4planet variant ends rather abruptly though.

It is time time
12-30-2016, 01:26 PM
Hey, just a heads up to everyone that I'll be on a ski trip from the 30th to the 6th. I expect to have internet, but probably will only be available in the evenings Eastern Time so be aware.

12-30-2016, 01:46 PM
Enjoy your trip, Vancho!
01-27-2017, 04:56 AM
I'm reopening applications for Godhood Tapestry. If you're interested, head to the OOC thread here.

Space is warped and time is bendable.
03-08-2017, 01:31 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2017 09:14 AM by ProfessorLizzard.)
An early 2017 look at my past, present, and future.

[Project DORF]

I had fun with this one, but I felt like the "gonna wait for everyone to post so I can update" was a bad idea, there was no point in waiting for turns, as there was was no Day/Night cycle, and there was no actual combat or invasion where it would have mattered.

I liked the Generic Parts, and the various things our dorves have built, and their specialties. I was entirely happy with the results. The science part of experimenting was not really used, but there has been experimental crafting at least.

The plot was a bit rushed, and the goal of "Mine in one direction for a long, long time" was less than interesting on a second thought. If I make another Base Building Game, expanding the base will stay an option, but not the mindless goal. Probably the goal will be Perfecting A Specific Project or Defeat A Specific Enemy.

[TIME STATES]

The biggest failure was that every was scattered all over the timeline, barely any incentive to interact. The neutral buffer areas were also harmful for the same reason.

If I remade it, the eras would cover a series of shorter time periods, all neighbouring to each other. Also the players would be time organizations that span the whole timeline, and/or they would actually be the same nation instead of Nations That Were Geographically There.

Some people were also lost in what to do, and some people just didn't post.

[Cosmic encounter]
It was a very, very slow pbp, but it worked. That is all.

Something from before 2016
[NOON] It has been years but i never talked about Noon. But I know two things for sure: 1, neutral buffer area are smaller or nonexistent 2, you can't get more heist teams, recruiting will make them just get extra traits. Getting extra actions just makes my work harder, and snowballs FAST.

[LOOTCAPS]
I don't know why this vanished but it was railroadey, no real freedom.

CURRENT GAME

[80days]
Posts are scarce, alas, I am probably more used to faster RPs, but not waiting for everyone to reply, and replying everyone individually was a good idea.

PLANS FOR THE FUTURE

Oddhood 2
The gods have a mortal guise so you are not just some floating ugly monster, you have to be social a bit. Act gains would not be based on your spheres, they would refresh periodically, but spheres would make them stronger/cheaper. No stacking benefits.

Setting is planned to be Sengoku periodish: feudal land split into factions, with guns beginning to spread. The emperor can still dress like an emperor. Factions and lore mostly made up by the players.

Game is about travelling the land, gaining believers (which also act as fast travel points) by solving problems / causing problems with your oddly specific niches. Who knows, maybe you will eventually gain enough power to graduate from oddgodhood to realgodhood.

It is time time
07-23-2017, 08:59 AM
It is I, Cetus! Returning from my self-imposed exile!

How has everyone been these past two years?
07-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Not too bad, how are you?
07-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Well, in spite several health issues, parents separating, getting dumped, and going through a general upheaval in my life, I am somehow still alive and kicking.

Or at least wiggling my legs in futile defiance of reality.
08-06-2017, 08:58 PM
I will be in Bulgaria from now until the 20th. I might not have consistent internet until I get back.

08-17-2017, 08:36 PM
I'm going to be in Indianapolis until Monday night, so aside from possibly a little bit of shitty hotel Wi-Fi I probably won't be back until then.
08-17-2017, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2017 08:41 PM by Demonsul.)
Gonna be there too. It's unlikely I'll be around much until I leave on the 21st.