[OLD] Trollslum Profile Submissions: PLEASE READ
06-03-2013, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2015 02:28 PM by amosmyn.)
[OLD] Trollslum Profile Submissions: PLEASE READ
Hey guys, it's finally happened. All of the moaning and groaning in the chat has finally paid off. Your worry and dread can finally cease; submissions are here! Now you might think, "Oh man, this is going to suck! My trolls are so awful and no one will accept them! The mods don't like me! I'll never get to roleplay here again!"

Shoosh.

Never fear. We have a pretty swell mod team ready to look at your profile, tell you if it needs some editing, help you with said editing, and then approve. We are trying to make this go as quickly, smoothly, and as efficiently as we can.

I'm making up a rotation chart for the mods, since not all of us are online at the same times. Don't get all worked up; we are just here to ensure that the cafe doesn't maintain its old reputation of being filled with bullshit.

So, all you'll need to do is check the mod list below, find out what blood caste of trolls they are accepting submissions from, and send them in accordingly. Use the PM feature for that.

Please only submit THREE of your fantrolls. If you have 128913, that's great, but let's start with three. Once you get three cleared, you can submit another round of three. There is no longer the trust rule. It has been abused, and we have abolished it. If you make a new troll, you MUST have it submitted and approved BEFORE you post it in the profile thread.

Also, if your troll is in the profile thread already, submit it anyway. We still need to see it in PM.

If one of the mods has to go offline, please be patient. They won't be gone forever.

Please submit your fantroll to the following mods accordingly:

Overlard: Submit violet and fuchsia trolls.

Yani: Submit cerulean, blue, and indigo trolls.

Silvy: Submit olive, jade, and teal trolls.

Nonesense: Submit rust, brown, and yellow trolls.

Neo: Submit anons and all mutant trolls. (Submit trolls with any form of mutation)

Any questions that you may have can be asked in the rest of this thread. The mods will be watching this thread like a hawk, ready to answer all of your queries.

|| My Tumblr ||
06-03-2013, 07:29 AM
RE: Trollslum Profile Submissions: PLEASE READ
This has likely already been answered, or not, I don't know, but right now I have only one question on my mind.

Is past experiences with a person or persons in the Café on MSPA before the time of the migration going to be a factor?
I ask this this question for the following reasons.
• I am fully aware that I was a problem with mods in the past.
• Part of that probably stemmed from me readjusting to am rp setting where most characters had no powers, when prior rp's that I had been in had powers as a core aspect that directly affected the rp itself, as well as being involved in rp plot points.
• I had still needed to learn and grow as an rper, and I doubtlessly had caused quite a bit of grief in the process.
• Freestyle Form of profile creation, such as what is done for fantrolls, has been a bit of a weakness of mine.
• All of my characters seem pretty flat, until they can be properly developed, and even then there are many who still think of them being flat.

tl;dr, I'm concerned that past interactions on MSPA could lead to unfair bias in spite of it being said that this is a no bias zone, particularly given how troublesome I know I have been in the past, in spite of the reasons for said same.

sigworthy quotes
AO: ((do you have skype?))
DD: ((I have Skype, yes.))
AO: ((add tekkenfreak4)
DD: ((You mean you don't already have ryushokhan?))
AO: ((wait...))
AO: ((god damn it, Strider...))
AO: ((god))
AO: ((fucking))
AO: ((damn it))
06-03-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 01:47 PM by Wycca.)
I have to say that I echo Strider's concerns. When I read something about this situation it puts me on edge and every alarm bell I have going off and I know from experience something goes horribly wrong when that happens.

The last rp site I was on had a simuliar system for character profiles but that was because each character was assigned a number, letter, or symbol to go by so you submitted them to the admin to make sure if it wasn't taken. If it wasn't then you were free to go. I'm just concerned that the way this is set up will create unneeded animosity between mods and players and run potential new players off.

I'm concerned about the fact that you submit your profile to one person and then conform to their beliefs if you even want to rp here, and you can't say it won't happen because it has happened numerous times in the past. For some people writing profiles can take days so how many times are you going to have someone rewrite it because you don't like the way someone worded something before they just say forget it and leave?

The biggest thing that worries be though is that this could stifle creativity for new members. After so long the profiles will start to look the same once people discover what sort of profiles get accepted rather than creating the characters they truly want to create. As well as it being human nature to reject change. People are not going to be happy if they are forced to change major aspects of their characters such as height, weight, certain bloodcolors, and things of that nature simply because they are not the norm.

Well I've already had to retype this twice and it's still a wall of text so I'll leave you alone. Thank you to anyone that reads and considers what this one rper has to say.
06-03-2013, 04:38 PM
(06-03-2013 12:10 PM)Wycca Wrote:  The biggest thing that worries be though is that this could stifle creativity for new members. After so long the profiles will start to look the same once people discover what sort of profiles get accepted rather than creating the characters they truly want to create. As well as it being human nature to reject change. People are not going to be happy if they are forced to change major aspects of their characters such as height, weight, certain bloodcolors, and things of that nature simply because they are not the norm.

tbh i don't believe the mods will be that strict on things such as height/weight/etc. cuz it's not a huge deal???? (and bloodcolor shouldn't be an issue unless you have something higher than yellow w. powers, or things like landdwellers above indigo hue or seadwellers either higher than hue 329 or below the proper seadweller hue A.K.A anything that would typically break canon).

so i'd rly only worry if you're specifically going for something that goes against canon (for example: a mutation that would be classified as cullable, a troll that knows of humans/earth, or otherwise anything else that does not fit in with troll society).
The mods are p. chill dudes and will probs give pointers and stuff if anything else sounds a lil iffy too

but i'm just throwing my 2 cents in here uvu

[Image: tumblr_inline_mk5nrwS8xB1rhbaot.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_mna6zgZ8x41rhbaot.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_mk5pomtC5h1rhbaot.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_mk5po8dB3t1rhbaot.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_mk5po10XGx1rhbaot.gif][Image: tumblr_inline_mki9l60mfR1rhbaot.gif]
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 06:19 PM by QofD.)
This is a dilema. I understand the reasoning behind the system, and do think it's a good idea, but I'm hesitant about the part where you send your troll to ONE mod. Everyone has slightly different takes on different rules, and maybe there's a mod that belives that a troll is too weak or limeblooded or whatever while most of the mods would say the troll is fine. An alternative that would fix this problem, but unfortunately take up a lot of forum space, is to have four THREADS to submit to instead of mods, and make it so that each of the three trolls sent to these threads must be approved by two mods. This would protect against bias or difference in opinions, but also take up a lot of space and lose some privacy. So, whether you use this idea is up to you.

Also, two questions:
1. Should I delete the trolls in my post in the profile thread until they get approved
2. What is the general consensus on how much trolls know about magnets (this actually effects one of my fantrolls)
06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
(06-03-2013 06:18 PM)QofD Wrote:  This is a dilema. I understand the reasoning behind the system, and do think it's a good idea, but I'm hesitant about the part where you send your troll to ONE mod. Everyone has slightly different takes on different rules, and maybe there's a mod that belives that a troll is too weak or limeblooded or whatever while most of the mods would say the troll is fine. An alternative that would fix this problem, but unfortunately take up a lot of forum space, is to have four THREADS to submit to instead of mods, and make it so that each of the three trolls sent to these threads must be approved by two mods. This would protect against bias or difference in opinions, but also take up a lot of space and lose some privacy. So, whether you use this idea is up to you.

Also, two questions:
1. Should I delete the trolls in my post in the profile thread until they get approved
2. What is the general consensus on how much trolls know about magnets (this actually effects one of my fantrolls)

Hey there, I'm here to answer some of the questions. First of all, even though you send the profile to only one person, it doesn't mean that we all don't spend a small moment looking at it together and confirming what other mods think. The person who you send your profile to is chosen on a basis of which of the mods feel the closest to the area. Such as for example I'm not very good at highbloods, but I know quite some stuff about lowbloods.

We have thought about the thread option, but it seems like it'd turn in to a real circus real fast. Pms are much more suited to the purpose.
Also to answer your questions.

1. No, you can keep the profile there.
2. I'd settle with the same knowledge humans have to avoid confusing. Though this may just be my opinion. (I do not know anything about magnets)
06-04-2013, 02:20 AM
I'd also like to say we really are not trying to ban anyone from the thread, and everybody's trolls will be given a fair look. We're mostly looking to cut down on overpowered characters and anything that breaks canon. We do supply critique if asked and we would /love/ to help you improve on a troll you think needs work, but due to some problems people have had with being given critique in the past, we will not generally be doing character critique unless asked for it.

We're not here to say "this is worded funny, rewrite it." unless the wording is so unclear we're not sure what you're saying. (And even then we're a lot nicer about it than that I promise. We actually are really nice as long as you're polite and don't yell at us. We hate being yelled at.) We're also not here to say "Oh I hate X and this is one of their trolls, I'm going to make sure it gets denied."

We just want to make cafe roleplaying a better experience for everyone, as well as make the cafe look like a better option for new members of the community.

Hah. Never expected to see me here again did you?

[Roleplaying Tumblr]
[Image: Kattgroup.gif]
floaties by overlard!