Creature Couture, a 2-Player Card Duel
04-13-2016, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 05:24 AM by Murllyshevo.)
Creature Couture, a 2-Player Card Duel
Hello! This is Murllyshevo! This time I bring a simple and fast-paced game. It's based on a game I found on Bay12, which was abandoned before starting. I thought the concept was cool, so I tried to make my own version.

Two players battle in the arena below, summoning creatures and using cards to fight. The one who controls 6 creatures win.

..A .B .C .D
..__.__.__.__.
1|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
2|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
3|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
4|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|

Code:
[font=Courier]
..A .B .C .D
..__.__.__.__.
1|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
2|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
3|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
4|. |. |. |. |
.|__|__|__|__|
[/font]

The game is designed to run mostly GMless. To make a play, a player posts "DRAW", and then edits its post to draw a card based on the last 2 numbers of its post count and the table below.

00 10 20 30 40 50 wild (your choice)
01 11 21 31 41 51 red
02 12 22 32 42 52 blue
03 13 23 33 43 53 green
04 14 24 34 44 54 yellow
05 15 25 35 45 55 wild (your choice)
06 16 26 36 46 56 yellow
07 17 27 37 47 57 green
08 18 28 38 48 58 red
09 19 29 39 49 59 blue

If your post count is even you also receive a White Token, used to enpower your cards.

After drawing, you may choose to play cards from your hand or forgo playing to receive a White Token next turn. If you somehow end up with more than 5 cards in your hand, you discard until you have 5. Afterwards your turn ends and the other player can play.

Card Explanation
Yellow cards are creatures. Its basic function is to spawn a 1-Power creature with a level 1 trait adjacent to another of your controlled creatures. Power represents both attack and health of the creature, a creature that receives damage have their Power reduced, simultaneously making it weaker, and when it reaches 0 the creature dies and goes to the owner's discard pile. Traits are passive or active abilities of the creature, and higher level traits are more powerful. As a rule of thumb, traits can't manipulate numbers higher than their own level (eg. a level 2 trait can give a +2 bonus to 2 other creatures, but can't give a +3 bonus to a single creature).
You can spend 1 White Token to give +1 Power to the spawned creature, or give it another trait, or level up one of its traits.

Red cards are attacks. Its basic function is to allow a creature to attack an adjacent one, dealing its power in damage to it.
You can spend 1 White Token to increase the power of the creature by 1 for that attack only. You can also spend 2 Tokens to permanently increase a creature's maximum Power instead.

Green cards are movement and defenses. Its basic function is to move a creature one space. Creatures can't move through other creatures and each space can only house 1 creature.
You can spend 1 White Token to move an aditional space or to allow moving regardless of obstacles (still can't stop at another creature's space). Alternatively, you may spend 1 Token to heal 1 Power to a controlled creature, instead.

Blue cards are utility cards. Its basic function is to put a card from your discard pile to your hand. Pay 1 Token to take another card or take from another player's discard pile. Pay 2 to draw a brand new card of any color instead.

The actions listed above are by no means the only ones allowed. Feel free to make up your own crazy cards.

At the start of the game each player starts with 2 cards of any color (except yellow), plus the card they draw; and a 1-Power creature with a level 1 trait placed on any space of the map.

Important notes:
- Players are supposed to keep track of the board and their own hand, creatures, discard pile and White Tokens total.
- Creatures on the board are represented with letters and other graphic symbols. Be careful not to repeat symbols.
- If a player somehow loses all its creatures, he receives a free 1-Power, level-1 trait creature at the start of its turn.
- If a player fails to make a play for 48 hours, its turn is skipped.
- When playing a card, remember to give it a name. Making an image is cool but not necessary.
- Try not to rely on random effects. Instead of, let's say, "25% of doing something", do "if the last card the oponent drew was red, do something". Deterministic but unreliable, it'll make the game run more smoothly.
- Be creative.
- Play nice and fair.
- Have fun.
04-15-2016, 10:03 PM
RE: Creature Couture, a 2-Player Card Duel
Lack of interest is very big, huh?

No matter, will transfer this to another forum later.
04-17-2016, 03:56 PM
I've been busy and I'm not 100% sure I get the rules. But I don't know uncertainty, fear.

So, if you're still up for it, I'd challenge you to a battle.
07-26-2016, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2016 08:47 PM by lokins85.)
return man 3 It's a little difficult for me ...