Physical games
04-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Physical games
I am looking for suggestions for a new card/board game to pick up, anybody have any really good suggestions? Anything for 2-8 players will be great :)
04-24-2016, 01:49 AM
RE: Physical games
Hm, I'm a big fan of cooperative (or semi-cooperative) games so I'd suggest Pandemic, Forbidden Island/Desert, Battlestar, Dead of Winter, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Touch of Evil, Arkham/Eldritch Horror, Study in Emerald, Mansions of Madness, Descent, probably a few others but at the top of my head that's it. You might also notice the slight horror trend, I think there's something about that genre that just meshes well with that sort of game. Most of these can be pretty complex to learn at first, though are fairly easy once you've got the rules down. I can go on and on about just any of these but I'll just drop the list and not bore everyone terribly.

If you're looking for a really cool spin on a more common game I'd recommend Risk Legacy - it fixes almost all of the problems inherent with traditional Risk (like taking forever and being a huge frustrating snoozefest once you're obviously winning or losing), and also makes every game inherently - and irrevocably - different. Legacy games in general I find pretty fun but this is probably the one game where it really made a difference.
04-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Wow that is a lot! Thanks for all the suggestions :D
04-20-2017, 11:08 AM
I hear WitchHunt is pretty good:

https://www.level99games.com/witch-hunt/