Frontier Fucked - Chapter 1: Ghetto Gotta Git Gone
05-05-2016, 09:52 AM
RE: Frontier Fucked - Chapter 1: Ghetto Gotta Git Gone
Fido is gracious for the cookies and eats one. He hopes there is no chocolates in them because he is severely allergic to them. Because he is a dog. Chocolates are poisonous to dogs.
05-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Dahlia skittered back to her corner. Her world was changed. This metal-person, this CHEF, was some godlike being no doubt. To create such flavor, such beauty from what appeared to be simple chemicals and organic materials was amazing.

She would need to study this in detail. Much more detail.

The one, the only, Vancho!
05-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Chef continued to stare, a faint whirring sound coming from within its chassis. Several tense seconds passed. "WAIT IN AN ORDERLY LINE NEXT TIME, STONE MAN."

Chef backed off, serving Fido a cookie. It didn't have any real chocolate in it, at the very least.
05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
The Devil peered over his gossip rag at the escalation. Finally something lawsuit worthy! Time to get the word on before the violence starts.

Donavan takes out a small bottle, sprays a little on his hands and rubs his chin...he then takes a swig out of it, the heavy smell of sulphur drifts across the room as he stands up

"Now Now Bots and Busts, i am sure we can settle this dispute in a reasonable matter, and if not... Hello Donavan Darko. Lawyer for hire. Don't hesitate to sue the shit out of the other for any dents on you two's ..exteriors.."
05-05-2016, 09:55 AM
[Image: 5.png]

Dahlia scuttled off to calm down.

Apollo and Chef continued FACEOFF

Fido was given a cookie with no chocolate.

05-05-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 09:57 AM by Acolyte Doctor.)
"...Thank you?" Fido said. He eats the delicious "chocolate" cookie. "So what brought you here? And is everyone here for the Spacebeard thing?"
05-05-2016, 09:59 AM
LC stared silently at Donavan for a good fifteen seconds, before slowly raising the cookie tray.

"ARE YOU HERE FOR A COOKIE?"
05-05-2016, 10:00 AM
"Probably." Donavan states non-comitially
05-05-2016, 10:02 AM
Donavan found a cookie thrust into his hands. "I DO NOT REQUIRE LEGAL ACTION. SAVE THAT FOR WHEN I AM OPENING MY RESTAURANT."
05-05-2016, 10:05 AM
"Nah, there's no need for this to get violent or anything. Besides, lawsuits are sort of boring? Like, no offense or anything, lawyer guy, but your profession isn't exactly inspiring any sick jams any time soon." Apollo gently patted the beam katana hanging from his side. "Sorry for not waiting in line, I guess. There was room, so I just grabbed it. Didn't figure it would inconvenience anyone." Apollo proceeded to absolutely destroy the rest of the cookie with his rock-face.

"If it's any compensation, the cookie was pretty cool. Like, I can't taste it or anything, but it was aesthetically pleasing."
05-05-2016, 10:08 AM
"Ill keep that in mind, Who knows when the GFI show up right? ...The galactic... food inspectors."

Donavan quickly takes a bite. "Pretty damn fine, if your into eating. You ever taste your own food chef?"
05-05-2016, 10:12 AM
"I AM EQUIPPED WITH A STATE-OF-THE-ART TASTE SCANNER, TO ENSURE MY FOOD IS OF MAXIMUM QUALITY." Chef paused. "WELL. IT WAS STATE-OF-THE-ART A CENTURY AGO."
05-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Varo finally finishes tinkering with one of his devices, looking up long enough to take in the scene. Right, he'd forgotten other people were present.

He approaches the robot handing out cookies with the intent of swiping one for himself, but seems to think better of it after watching the statue-guy get chastised for doing just so. Instead, he winds up just sort of studying the robot intently, idly nodding to himself without seeming to realize it.
05-05-2016, 12:04 PM
"SOMETHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH, BUDDY?"

LC's monitor-head swiveled around to stare at Varo, before it held up the tray of cookies. Menacingly.
05-05-2016, 12:23 PM
"He's serious about it," Fido whispers audibly.
05-05-2016, 12:25 PM
"Hm? Oh yes right sure," he says as he swipes a cookie as if per reflex.

"I was wondering about the harmonization of your sensors, bit judging from your swift reactioning, I suspect that they're as good as can be. But whats this taste scanner? Whats it do, hows it work?" He asks enthusiastically, all the while gesturing with the cookie.
05-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Wutzu casually positioned himself behind LC so he could look at Varo over LC's shoulder, and made motions, miming eating one, and giving thumbs up.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
05-05-2016, 12:30 PM
"RUDE," the robot said flatly as Varo swiped a cookie. It had a spatula ready and everything!

"IT SCANS THE CHEMICAL COMPOSITION OF A GIVEN ITEM AND RUNS SIMULATIONS ON GENERAL TASTING DISTRIBUTIONS FROM DOZENS OF KNOWN SPECIES. MY TASTES ARE AS REFINED AS THEY COULD POSSIBLY BE. THAT IS WHY I AM THE CHEF HERE."
05-05-2016, 12:43 PM
"You can do that?" Varo mutters as if to himself. "How's the scan work?" he asks.

He doesnt seem to notice the kantong's efforts.
05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Wutzu shrugged, slightly exasperated, and moved on to sit at the corner of the right-angled couch. He glanced to the right, and leaned slightly away from Dan, and chilled out for now.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
05-05-2016, 01:12 PM
"VERY WELL, THANK YOU." LC stared. "ARE YOU GOING TO EAT THAT, OR JUST HOLD IT?"
05-05-2016, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2016 01:33 PM by Demonsul.)
The strange, hidden scrapbot twitched underneath its silvery concealing cloak, leaning forward slightly. "Call me Dan..." it buzzed, extending a mechanical pincer from the concealing depths of its cloak to gesture in the direction of Wutzu. "Whooooooo are you?"
05-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Varo gives a shrug, popping the cookie into his mouth to make short work of it. Had he not been clear enough, or was the chef's conversation systems suboptimal? Whatever, there would always be another chance to ponder such technology.

Oh. This was a pretty good cookie, the likes of which he had not had in years. Maybe he should've paused to savor it properly, but that was too late now.
05-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Harmonia, who had been boredly stirring a fake martini made of glitter and dyed liquid (it was probably a bathroom cleaner) looks over to Dan and winces... At least, winces as well as her sub-par face allows. She mumbles into her (non-potable) drink.

"Oh Sol, and I thought my frame was bad, poor guy..."

She spins around in her chair to survey the other patrons of the bar. Were they ALL here for the treasure hunt? Did that bee even have a space-suit? Was that a demon?

Well, this would be interesting, at least. She notes the in-poor-repair chef robot serving cookies. She wondered if, along with the damaged droid... Thing... If they would compose the crew's only synthetic members. Who knew, you sometimes couldn't tell. Maybe the statue guy could be a synthetic? That'd be an oddly expressive frame, if so, she'd be jealous...

She stirs her drink again. It was all she got it for, was just to stir and toy with. The glitter was her addition.

She sighs. At least, she emulates one. Hopefully the captain would get here soon.
05-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Oh dear, it was talking to him. He hesitated before answering. "I am...Wutzu, a Kantong."

"Sorry if this seems rude, but are you okay?"

05-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Darwin is sitting, reading something, when he finally catches the smell of those sweet, sweet cookies. He hadn't eaten anything that smelled that good in weeks. He walks up to Chef, and after realizing nobody else milling around the robot was taking a cookie finally steps forward.

"Hi there, Chef, this the line?"
05-06-2016, 02:15 AM
"Never better..." said Dan, withdrawing his exposed pincer. "I am here for... treasure expedition. You are here for the same?"
05-06-2016, 05:37 AM
He shrugged again, pulling up his legs to kneel on the sofa and turn better to Dan. "In the sense that I am looking for something to do, yes. I'm hoping to be accepted into this crew, and say 'sayonara' to this station. Even if it wasn't a floating wreck, I should be moving on by now already, and I've done too little for too long."

"Are you looking to join solely for the treasure then, or something else? I could live if this adventure planned goes bust so long as I get some funds."

05-06-2016, 06:29 AM
"YES."

Chef dumped a cookie into Darwin's hands.

"DOES ANYBODY ELSE STILL WANT A COOKIE? THE SUPPLY IS RUNNING LOW."
05-06-2016, 06:58 AM
Darwin takes a bite, smiles, and literally wafts away. After a few seconds he walks back up. "I would... like another one, if possible, of course Chef." He hadn't used his powers on a robot in a while might as well test it out here.
05-06-2016, 07:07 AM
LC's screen flickered to static for about ten seconds, as it emitted a low whirring sound. The screen eventually returned to another random image of a chef as it regarded Darwin.

"I AM NOT CURRENTLY GIVING OUT SECONDS. ASK ME AGAIN LATER."
05-06-2016, 07:12 AM
"Of course, of course."

Darwin spins around. For a split second when nobody is looking he looks a bit confused, but recovers almost immediately. "So, everyone here for the treasure hunt?"
05-06-2016, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:20 AM by Protoman.)
"Huh?" Apollo looks up from his RETRO MP3 PLAYER distractedly, removing a headphone from his ear. "Oh, yeah, the treasure hunt. Yeah, I guess that'll be cool or something. Don't have much better to do, and I'm almost out of cash, so not starving to death would be pretty fuckin alright. What about you? What are you here for?" This guy looked like a real corporate suit. Mostly because he was wearing a corporate suit. He was probably out to earn money to deliver to his boss so that the capitalistic machine could be fueled even harder. Laaaame.
05-06-2016, 07:19 AM
"Yes, I look for treeeeeasure," said Dan, looking from Wutzu to Darwin. "I'm not just trying to... get out of here. I want to find something... better. Improvements. Upgrades. Old technology."
05-06-2016, 07:23 AM
"Oh I'm uh,"

One of those statue hipsters. Fantastic, talk about an antithesis to everything his dress and attitude represents. "Just looking to hold down a stable job, you know? Market's terrible here and I don't have a whole lot of skills."
05-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Apollo would have rolled his eyes if they weren't rocks. "Stable work? Man, you've really bought into the system wholesale. The moment you start agree to the idea of steady employment they've already got you wrapped around their fingers. Once you take part in capitalism you ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀᴘɪᴛᴀʟɪsᴍ. Next you're gonna say you just want a spouse, a couple kids, a house and a dog. Get outta there, man, before they suck out what little aesthetic you have left."
05-06-2016, 07:33 AM
"What's wrong with dogs? More of a cat person?"
05-06-2016, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:34 AM by Anomaly.)
"YES. I REQUIRE FUNDING TO RE-OPEN MY RESTAURANT. USING PIRATE TREASURE TO REPLACE THE ESTABLISHMENT THAT PIRATES DESTROYED SEEMS ONLY FITTING." Chef's face flickered with a hastily-composed composite image:

[Image: ApeKCbI.png]
05-06-2016, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:41 AM by Protoman.)
"Nah, dogs are fucking incredible. I've actually got a dog back home, here, see?"

He flashed a picture of his dog on the lock screen of his smart phone.

[Image: AN00483657_001_l.jpg]

"My point is like... dependents... taxes... things you only want because like, cartoons and stuff tell you you should... gross."

"That, though," he said, pointing to chef. "That's kind of cool. You're like, working outside the system to make your dreams come true. Props." He takes another cookie and, missing his mouth, crushes it against his cheek.
05-06-2016, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:41 AM by Anomaly.)
This time, Chef outright slapped Apollo's hand away before he could grab a cookie.

"YOU CANNOT EVEN EAT, STONE MAN. YOU NOW GET LAST PICK OF SECONDS. DO NOT TEST MY PATIENCE."
05-06-2016, 07:44 AM
The Demon looks up from his bored musings

"I guess i'm here for the treasure hunt. 'New Hell' needs a start up fund and these expeditions always seem to go into a legal mess. Besides if things go tits up, ill at-least still have some profit."

Donavan took out a piece of coal and bit a chunk off it.

"Everything is better then staying in this dump reading condescending emails from former middle management"
05-06-2016, 07:46 AM
"That is a very good dog. All dogs are good in general."
05-06-2016, 07:48 AM
"Poor Cerberus"

The demon looks wistfully into nothing for a moment
05-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Wutzu leaned over to Dan and muttered "What's a dog?"

05-06-2016, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 07:59 AM by Demonsul.)
"I have noooooo idea," replied Dan, lowering his volume. He pointed at Apollo's device with his white-plastic android arm. "Presumably... the thing shown on there."
05-06-2016, 07:59 AM
Darwin whistles. "Wow, haven't seen a dog in years."

Of course he had, but it was mostly weird demon dogs from META.

"Wait, did you say... new hell?"
05-06-2016, 08:02 AM
"Huh, I never knew hell was an actual physical place to begin with."
05-06-2016, 08:14 AM
"yeeeaah, If hell was still around why else would any self respecting demon be on this dump. As a freelancer no less."

Donavan shrugged, still chewing

"Heaven never existed ever by the way, just informing you of the fact."
05-06-2016, 08:18 AM
At this Darwin begins to look skeptical. "What's the point of hell then?"
05-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Why were these guys talking about the afterlife? Damn aliens with their weird cultural references. It happened, big universe, sometimes a race got left out of things. "Dogs are weird looking."