Frontier Fucked - Chapter 1: Ghetto Gotta Git Gone
08-05-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: Frontier Fucked - Chapter 1: Ghetto Gotta Git Gone
"Ah, Harmonia?" The singing robot, good. Well, she was clearly curious enough, so that was good.

"I found this robot lying in the street offline, I managed to stuff some of the wires here-" he motioned to the bots chest. "-back together, and he became functional. I'm unaware of what caused it's damage or if it's fully working. I've been communicating with writing." he showed Harmonia his written commands.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-05-2016, 04:43 AM
Donvan's smiles akin to a shark that just found his dinner.

"The fact that you just said it was out of my price range tell me more then enough for now.... Do you perhaps have anything from Hellcorp that is within my price range? I'd go for weapons heck even spell books would be nice"
08-05-2016, 06:43 AM
./Affirmative/.

Well at least the Bot seemed to have auditory sensors of some kind. It then faced Harmonia as she addressed it.

./Clarification requested/.

It didn't seem to be that well versed on what AI were.

---

Darwin managed to get a decent discount on a few pairs of suits, costing him a total of 500 credits altogether.

He finds plenty of weapon shops, seemed to be rather common on this station, it'd take some serious digging to find the quality stores from the tourist traps shilling junk on frontiersmen.

---

The larger Likhtar sighed.

"Look kid, I assume you haven't been out here in the big wild yonder all that long, am I right? I mean parochial because you think too small, you're too inexperienced, fresh off the hive. For fuck's sake you just approached me in the middle of a market place and starting spraying pheromones everywhere. Do you even know how many species use pheromones out here? You could have been anything from a Blarghian Snagglbeast to brain sucking Veruvian parasitoid host ready to explode. You're lucky most of the races here cant even pick up on that sort of communication or they'd likely have reacted with considerably less hesitation to blasting you." the mercenary rolled its joints.

"You're new right? You from the inner hive worlds? Fucktons of drones, dictatorial hive queens, everything is made out of biomass? Yeah I guess I may look odd to you. I'm a Likhtar, like you... sort of. Our race is hyper diverse, not all Likhtar worlds are like your old one and I... lost parts of my body I needed to replace. That's all you need to know. And I am here-" he said, shifting his pack and reshouldering his blaster rifle, "-To earn a living. Now if you'll excuse me kid, I got contracts to kick up."

---

Red managed to locate manifestos.

Most of the crates were filled with goods, a lot of it was just fuel pods for starships, the rest were starship components and repair materials and tools. Seemed Longgun here was running a racket on the starships landing at the station selling cheap fuel pods and watered down plasma coolant. In some cases literally.

The Gun was oddly silent on the matter.

Otherwise there was no obviously wealth he could loot and take with him.

---

"Believe me when I say that it really doesn't." the angel responded, almost solemnly. "And yes actually, I do have some goods from the Hellcorp firesale. I'll never understand why you people decided to go corporate, I mean I know its hell and all, but did you really need to torture yourselves so?" the angel reaches beneath the counter and lifts up a tome. "Here, you look like the firey sort, this'll give you the spellworking you need to actually do some really impressive tricks with your fire talents. I'm afraid it will cost the remainder of your souls however."

08-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Piston quickly pointed the barrel of the gatling towards the ground. Damn thing nearly slagged Mrs.Cog. She always made the best Oil Tarts.

Wait, treasure expedition?

"What's this about a treasure hunt? Got room for one more? I've done my fair share of deep space explorations, and I can carry loads of loot if I need to."
08-05-2016, 06:50 AM
Darwin searches then! I mean, how hard can it be to figure out the good from the bad if you just go to the various shops and honestly ask them to "Tell me which shops are the best on the station?"

Any shopkeep worth their salt - whether they sell junk or the real deal - knows their competition.
08-05-2016, 06:50 AM
"Probably," said Dan. "This one is not... in charge. I'll take you to... one who is."

He gestured in a direction with his ludicrously unsafe gun. "This way."
08-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Wutzu frowned, slightly annoyed he hadn't just removed his mouthpiece earlier. "It appears to be rather blank. It doesn't have any memory beyond when I got it back online. I mean, if this robot is as simple as it appears to be, I don't know why it was even around like this. I suspect it's broken and has extra functions it can't access or something, or have been removed for whatever reason. I figured I should take it to someone who would know how to better inspect it."

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-05-2016, 07:16 AM
"Meh, Torture and misery always was kinda our thing i suppose. But times change you can't always nick the style of the old book if you want to be taken seriously..It might be a reason no one takes you fly-boys seriously anymore...Man those dark ages were just the best i admit...Anyway it helped with the red tape a bunch in the long run"

The Donavan looked at the book for a moment

"Eh the cost is fine, I am bound to collect more in the future i suspect. Besides they weren't really the investment material one would want to restart the company really... We have a deal."
08-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Well, he'd just have to live with the cameras. It wasnt like his tricks would work on them while he was off doing other things, anyway.

He picks a slot machine that is mostly isolated and starts gambling, using the scanner to determine when it was safe to fiddle with the machine. He needed to alter it somehow, and the easiest way to do that was to get inside its casing, unless there was a data port or something he could use. Eitherway, he'll use his body and the rows of machines to block what he was doing from the closest cameras, and just act it up real casual-like as he went about getting at the machine - he'd use a few of the tools in his toolbox as was necessary. Like, casually. Also quickly.
08-05-2016, 05:26 PM
"Well, I can perform some simple repairs..."

She stood back up, still looking at the robot.

"Clarification: state unit capacity. Further commands, to be ran ONE AT A TIME, Run Diagnostics, State Frame Model Number, State Software Properties, State Operating System."

Harmonia looks over to Wutzu.

"We don't want to overload the little guy, he's probably pretty damaged and doesn't have much memory. Come on, as he's answering us I can start digging through my scrap. Maybe I can upgrade him a little."
08-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Everyone was sure taking their sweet time.

LC began advertising their food services to the station in an attempt to make a bunch more money. You can't open a five-star restaurant on pocket change.
08-06-2016, 03:22 AM
Last reply before I leave for the mountains, past this just consider Dahlia to be following the main group around if they desert the ship en-masse

Dahlia had a lot to think about, hearing what the other Likthar told her. She ruminated on it as she headed back to the ship, trying to parse everything the other had told her. There were others out there like her, who had left their hives? And not only that, but there were possibly communities of them? And they used the weird non-biological tech she saw everywhere here too...

When she got back to the ship, she shut herself in her room and started dissecting, analyzing, and categorizing the bodies of those mobsters. She needed to understand how they worked, especially their speech centers - her own attempts at communication were less-than-ideal, and if what the other Likthar had told her was true, most of the species here used auditory not chemical forms of communication.

The one, the only, Vancho!
08-10-2016, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 06:31 AM by Cidellus.)
Red loaded one of the trucks there with a ton of stolen fuel and parts. He then drove to go get his throat fixed.

He also texts the rest of the gang that have phones.

"Hey guys. There's a warehouse full of starship parts and fuel that is now secure, along with trucks to load them all up. If you guys want to steal a ton of useful shit, come to <list address> and get to work. Come fast, before some other gang takes it over.

Going to get my voice back. See you guys."
08-10-2016, 06:41 AM
Dahlia found the living quarters were, much to everyone's dismay, shared. So she took the bodies into the storeroom that was currently unoccupied and began to get to work on her horror shop.

It will take her a while but she'll soon be able to understand how these aliens functioned and how the communicated.

Not communicating with chemical signals, what weirdos.

---

LC began setting up tables and a proper food stall to pass the time, noticing the bug person drag the mobster corpses to some dark corner of the ship for some doubtlessly nefarious purpose and the ninja and the idol were fussing over some lesser automoton.

LC did not care, LC was selling some QUALITY CUISINE

He was racking up at least a thousand creds every 20 minutes and soon there was a sizeable crowd in front of the ship.

---

"Clarification: state unit capacity. Further commands, to be ran ONE AT A TIME, Run Diagnostics, State Frame Model Number, State Software Properties, State Operating System."

./Processing/.

The robot paused as if calculating.

./Unit code Epsilon Delta 0 4 1 echo niner zeta/.
./Capacity Domestic droid/.
./Factory programming Error, directory lost/.
./Custom programming error, directory lost/.
./Back up memory system error, directory lost/.
./Diagnostics programme activated, this may take some time/.
./Relgating process to background/.
./Frame model Number 0933244851/.
./Software Properties error, directory corrupted/.
./Operating System Vindows 89/.

All of this played out as Harmonia dug in her scraps for spare parts to help repair the bot. Repairing its frame appeared to be a simple matter, despite its slight skeletal apeparence, it appeared utilitarian, they could probably do whatever they wanted to it. Its software however, was another issue entirely.

---

Varo was reasonable successful in finding a fault int he casing he could exploit, once he was able to he found it would be child's play to rig the machine to get him a steady profit.

Unfortunately, despite how careful he was, it seemed his suspicious movements were noticed.

He heard the tell tale pounding of a droid walk up behind him.

-STEP AWAY FROM THE MACHINE-

---

"Excellent." The angel said, exchanging the book for the souls once Donavan released them. "Would there be anything else?"

---

Piston followed the horrifying shambling pile of machanical nightmares back through the station up to the port and to a very conspicuous looking frigate that, for some reason, had a large crowd of biologicals eating a plethora of foodstuffs.

Piston found it odd the heap of nightmares would lead him to a fast food ship.

---

Red made off like a fucking bandit with starship grade materials and fuel.

His text made it to everyone's devices, at least those who had devices to receive the text message about the free shit. After that he went to the back alley doctor the captain had gave the address of via text message earlier. He managed to park the truck in a relatively safe area and go on foot into the rather dark and dank side street where the doctor's office supposedly was. It was marked by a single red door.

"You're a real piece a work, you know that you overgrown gecko?" Longgun said up to him.

08-10-2016, 06:42 AM
Red said nothing back. He couldn't at this point.

He just walked into the doctor's office, communicated that he needed his vocal cords fixed via typing on his wrist-computer, and got that shit done. He paid the guy in the corpse.
08-10-2016, 06:48 AM
The small, pink, bipedal thing with too many sharp yellow teeth in a permanent and lopsided grin and eyes obscured by an almost opaque pair of goggles accepted Red's body and beckoned him into the almost scarily clean and sterile operating room. Everything was white and pristine and gestured for Red to lie down on the medical chair that the small doctor altered to suit his wings.

He then showed off the gas he'd be using to ensure the nusenic felt no pain by taking a small canister out of a storeroom. Red recognised it from some more... palatable hospitals he'd been in over his lifetime. This guy seemed to be running a tight ship like the captain had said, then why was he on the sidestreet like some bonesaw who lost his licence?

08-10-2016, 06:49 AM
Eh. Maybe he'd steal his kidneys or something.

Red needed his voice, though. So whatever.

Let's DO THIS SHIT.
08-10-2016, 07:04 AM
LC asks Fido if he knows anything about being a waiter.
08-10-2016, 07:22 AM
"Not really, Thanks for your time bub."

Donavan returns to the ship with his purchase.
08-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Uh oh.

Varo steps away from the machine, appearing to comply with its demands for a moment as he studies it, fumblingly attaching one end of a cable from his toolbox to his scanner. Then he lunges at the droid, attaching the other end to the first, best outlet that he can find, shutting the droid down by Power Linking it to the scanner.
08-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Wutzu nodded politely as Harmonia went to work, listening with mild interest as the mangled robot listed off information in response to her commands. It didn't mean much to him unfortunately. "Standard bot then? I wonder why it's software was gutted." He checked his comms device as it went off, reading the text. He made a clicking sound as he thought.

"Stealing, somewhat dodgey, coming from him but..." He looked up at Harmonia. "I'm going to take up his offer. You want anything or are you going to go too?"

08-10-2016, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 07:53 AM by Fuade.)
"...So you're looking for actual treasure on this job right? It's not just a metaphor for the perfect slice of beef or something is it? Because I've been on two jobs like that before and I'm sick of being paid in 'customer satisfaction'"
08-10-2016, 07:56 AM
Fido doesn't really have waiter experiences but its like drug pushing only less criminal right?
08-10-2016, 08:00 AM
"YOU TAKE ORDERS. YOU DELIVER FOOD. YOU COLLECT PAYMENT. AND MOST OF ALL YOU ACT PROFESSIONAL. IF YOU SCREW IT UP YOU'RE GOING ON DISHWASHING DUTY INSTEAD."

They shoved a bunch of menus in Fido's hand. LC made them between orders, apparently. Most of the items were very hard to pronounce.
08-10-2016, 08:02 AM
Fido does his best! He's also wearing a waiter uniform.
08-10-2016, 08:45 AM
Dan seemed just as confused as piston. He shambled towards LC. "What is... all of this? Where is the captain?"
08-10-2016, 09:07 AM
"I DON'T KNOW. I'M BUSY RUNNING A BUSINESS HERE. IF YOU CAN EVEN CALL THIS A BUSINESS. WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE."

LC didn't actually bother to look at either of them. They were too busy cooking.
08-10-2016, 09:37 AM
"I mean, for a few credits I'll gladly be a pair of pressure cookers for the day, but you got my hopes up for a minute there."
08-10-2016, 10:10 AM
"THERE'S ALSO SOMETHING ABOUT A LOST SPACE TREASURE. I WILL BE USING MY SHARE TO OPEN A REAL RESTAURANT."
08-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Getting the text, Darwin heads towards the address and takes as much as he can.
08-10-2016, 04:16 PM
"Wait, STARSHIP PARTS? Do you KNOW what I could do with some of those control consoles? Warp yes I'm going to go load up some things. Come on, I can make some better memory banks for your little friend if you help me."

She picks up the little droid, putting him on a shelf.

"Okay... ED041... Edoal? Eddie? I'm going to put you up her for now, okay? You might be a domestic droid but I'm still going to take good care of you, alright? Me and Mr. Wutzu are going to fix you up!"

Harmonia nods to Wutzu.

"Come on, let's go get some stuff. I'll rent us the truck if you help load."