Complete Themefia End (It's a Nice Day for a Red Wedding)
07-08-2016, 02:04 PM
RE: Themefia End (It's a Nice Day for a Red Wedding)
(07-08-2016 12:55 PM)Palamedes Wrote:  Not going to apologize for making sure scum isn't completely screwed if they lose the wrong guy day one :V. Roles that mess with hard investigative are only as bastardy as hard investigation roles. (Plus imagine if pE had checked anyone besides dC the night he was checked, then a cop would have worked out perfectly.)

Any role that forces the mod to lie to their players is kind of bastardy by definition though? Especially when town has no other way to independently verify the townfirms. And honestly Framers/Lawyers are even worse than Godfathers because as soon as one flips, every single check up until that point might as well be thrown right in the garbage. A cop whose results can't be trusted might as well be a random cop for all the good it does anyone.

Like even in a world where Amos wasn't lynched day one, the cop only had three anti-town roles that it could check. One of these was Druple, who was basically just a distraction and whose death would only get town a day closer to LYLO, one was the lawyered scum, for who checking was actively worse than if a cop had never existed at all, and then the other scum, who had far less chance of being checked than his partner, since scum would obviously move the lawyer to whoever was the better cop check.

A Roleblocker/Ninja would have been a fine counter to Cop/Bodyguard, but a Lawyer/Framer essentially makes cop checks completely random, except with the odds stacked in scum's favor. The cop was a liability.

Tumblr/Steam
07-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Well, good to know Granola is exactly as dangerous as I assumed he was :v

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-08-2016, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 05:14 PM by amosmyn.)
Yeah cop in a game with two instances of anti-cop scum roles is ridiculous, no excuses. The existance of alignment checking roles is swingy, sure, but you typically expect such roles to work the majority of the time rather than have like, a very low scum detection rate and plenty of potential false data.

A victory's a victory though, even if all I did was get lynched Day 1 over something I legitimately believed :'(
(course I also didnt really give enough of a town effort so theres that I guess)
07-08-2016, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016 05:49 PM by Coldblooded.)
Oh by the way, thanks for running this game Pala. I know I've just been complaining so far, but I know it's often hard for mods to hit a good game balance without somebody else looking over their shoulder the entire time. This game isn't even one of the more broken setups I've played before, I just needed to be bitter about something for awhile. Thanks for putting in the effort to run this thing, Pala.

Tumblr/Steam
07-08-2016, 09:00 PM
For reference, pretty much every single post Day 4 (besides the one about the font size on my phone) was me trying to set myself up as the lynch target without giving myself away. That's why I was tunneling PE/CB so hard, and switching my vote to Speed while still tunneling PE. Also tried not saying too much whenever I was asked to explain why I'm town. Besides that my only goal was to convince Granola why vigging was a bad idea, but that turned out not to be needed.
07-08-2016, 10:05 PM
yeah pala this game was fun to play, thumbs up.
07-09-2016, 12:40 AM
i died n1 but it was a useful death

also as discussed in modchat: early days were super important this game

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
07-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Aye. It was a fun game, and in the end, the godfather lawyer etc. setup didn't bring us down too much. I mean, it messed me up because it was hard to accept, but on the last page it was down to who was more scummy
07-09-2016, 05:10 AM
This win was all dC's, so direct your congratulations thattaway. Thankfully I've managed to climb back out of the stress pit but replacing out was the right decision for me.

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-09-2016, 08:15 AM
Well, now for the actual game. When does Game of Thrones Mafia start?
07-13-2016, 07:24 AM
Could put something together at some point, same with any of the other themes that people might have felt were more enticing. I'd also want to know if people were more interested in straighter game, something weirder, an outright clusterfuck, or some other variation.
07-13-2016, 08:08 AM
I am interested in any of the above.
07-13-2016, 12:24 PM
I kind of want a clusterfuck setup, honestly :v

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
07-13-2016, 01:01 PM
That'd be nice, but it's best with a high playercount.

PREEMPTIVE IN
07-13-2016, 04:42 PM
a large clusterfuck would be fun.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
07-13-2016, 05:20 PM
Yeah, it's all been experimental widget games (Winefia/CH4/Insomniac) and relatively vanilla (Princess, Themefia, City Slickers) recently. Now, those are fine gametypes! But I think it's about time for a giant spectacle where a quarter of the game gets targeted for kills D1 but somehow only two of them die, and one of those is still influencing the game because reasons

07-13-2016, 09:18 PM
I'm afradi we don't quite have the playercount anymore for a proper clusterfuck setup. As for themes, I would recommend Game of Underboats Mafia: a Game of Thrones/Undertale crossover set on a boat!
07-14-2016, 03:01 AM
They're called submarines Druple, not Underboats.

Tumblr/Steam
07-15-2016, 10:14 AM
(07-13-2016 09:18 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I'm afradi we don't quite have the playercount anymore for a proper clusterfuck setup. As for themes, I would recommend Game of Underboats Mafia: a Game of Thrones/Undertale crossover set on a boat!

This is solvable. The clusterfuck mafia will be "Doublefia", where every player plays two separate accounts with two coaligned roles. Also the second account everyone uses will be new and anonymous so nobody will know who is controlling it except by inference from posting style.

This is the best possible idea and can't go wrong in any way.

07-15-2016, 10:24 AM
That reminds me of the mafia where everyone posted using the same account...

The one, the only, Vancho!
07-15-2016, 12:46 PM
So you're saying that there's X+1 players, where X is equal to the number of individual players?

I vaguely remember setting up a specialized account for that.
07-15-2016, 02:20 PM
I think he's referring to Chwoka Mafia, where there was only one account allowed to post in the thread, everyone could access it to post with it, and you voted to lynch "whoever posted that post" rather than an individual.

07-15-2016, 02:45 PM
Oh I know. What I meant is that both accounts would be exactly the same in how they'd work.
07-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Ohh, I see. So basically there's a way to anonymously message the thread.

That could do some interesting things...

07-15-2016, 03:02 PM
Well, more specifically, it'd be a single account that everyone would have the password to and has certain anti-spam/troll restrictions and made only to last for a single game.