Complete Themefia End (It's a Nice Day for a Red Wedding)
06-02-2016, 10:59 PM
RE: Themefia (10/10)
EBWOP: Speed vote, not DC vote.
06-02-2016, 11:03 PM
Given that the themes are useless, in what way would offering to claim my theme make me scummy? I'm curious.

Not that my post was strong enough (for me at least) to consider it an offer.
06-02-2016, 11:24 PM
blah blah themes blah
lets not waste time fluffing with posts pondering then please.
06-03-2016, 12:08 AM
(06-02-2016 05:54 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  No no wrong, I don't care about that part.

What do you think about the SECOND half of that post where they offer to claim out of basically nowhere?

Oh. Okay yeah that makes more sense.

As he mentioned, he's offering to claim THEME (i.e. flavour), not role. Other observations removed for -EV.

On to Lynch: Druplesnubb who kinda skeeved me out by responding to "lol jokey reason why you're scum" with "ah but that doesn't apply to me for this reason" (i.e. trying too hard/"scummy for the wrong reason")

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-03-2016, 02:55 AM
Wut? How is "not confirming at all" better "than confirming in quicktopic"?
06-03-2016, 06:48 AM
Alright fair enough DC. My personal thoughts on that post were "Scum don't like claiming things on day 1, even flavor shit, because it closes off escape routes for them down the line." So I was interested in how you and Granola both interpreted that post since you voted for him right after.

The fact that Speedchuck immediately starts backtracking on his offer after I brought it up again sort of undermines that theory though.

Anyway, let's Lynch Amos for voting Speedchuck while simultaneously dismissing any discussion of them out of hand.

Tumblr/Steam
06-03-2016, 07:02 AM
unvote for now
dc i'm failing to see how druple responding to your post makes him skeevy because all he did was say "nah i just haven't replied". seems like a reach.
speed is tentatively town imo

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
06-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Wait guys we should try to single out the scum before lynching
Who's quiet?
Who's defensive about lynching?
Who's suspicious in general?
If I need to confirm as non-scum I can claim my role.
06-03-2016, 08:41 AM
it's d1 how about you hold off on the pants removal(please no claimerino)
side note cat, i don't know if this is your first game but that's generally what is done with lynching- people vote in order to pressure or accuse, and people who get lynched generally have scumtells(i.e. defensive, quiet, etc.) so that's sorta what we're doing now

06-03-2016, 09:50 AM
(06-03-2016 02:55 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Wut? How is "not confirming at all" better "than confirming in quicktopic"?

Well, the point was more that "confirming in quicktopic being bad" was a joke which you took seriously (which in my experience is a scumtell, doubly so when the joke is about you being scum). It's like if someone was "lol druple iz scum" and you were like "what no I'm not why are you looking at me >_>"

(06-03-2016 07:02 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:   unvote for now
dc i'm failing to see how druple responding to your post makes him skeevy because all he did was say "nah i just haven't replied". seems like a reach.
speed is tentatively town imo

I mean it IS a reach, it's a D1 wagon-starter vote. If nobody else agrees it's worth paying attention to after a little while, I'll move on (I'm notoriously terrible at getting these going anyway)

@amosmyn - If you don't want us to waste time doing that, what DO you think we should be doing?

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-03-2016, 03:19 PM
e.g. "Hi I'm Undertalefia."
instead of humming and hawing over the 'logistics' of flavour and flavour claims in a game not reliant on flavour.
PS yes that example is fact.
Now lets all have a merry ol time. Its a terrible day.
06-03-2016, 05:05 PM
You know I really should have guessed that my post up there about Speedchuck would cause somebody scummy to flavorclaim immediately.

Hey Amos, since you really care so much about not wasting time, who do you actually want to lynch right now?

Tumblr/Steam
06-04-2016, 12:00 AM
I dont really see how my claiming really makes a difference?
I also want to lynch speedchuck, certainly worth clarifying I suppose. Maybe you too for trying to drum things up the way you are.
06-04-2016, 12:04 AM
For the sake of being more productive than I currently am, what are your top scummies?

DC, opinion on Crazed Cat's post?

speedchuck, opinion on DC? Havent really followed his meta lately.
06-04-2016, 02:04 AM
Oh hi I'm back.

Eh, dC. Feel like he's overstating his skeevy feelings about them while leaving loopholes to pull himself back with if confronted. Excuses, easy questions... Avoids questions a bit, votes for me but hasn't settled on a firm stance either way. Feeling a strong sense of self-preservation. Either mafia or power role, I would guess. Worthy of a Vote dC for now.

Will answer Crazed Cat question after DC does. Remind me if I fail to do this.

Not liking that TIM comes in very soon after start and then disappears immediately after RVS. Would like his input. If he needs a question:
TIM, how do you feel about Amos, dC, and Donut
06-04-2016, 02:44 AM
(06-03-2016 06:48 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Alright fair enough DC. My personal thoughts on that post were "Scum don't like claiming things on day 1, even flavor shit, because it closes off escape routes for them down the line." So I was interested in how you and Granola both interpreted that post since you voted for him right after.

The fact that Speedchuck immediately starts backtracking on his offer after I brought it up again sort of undermines that theory though.

Anyway, let's Lynch Amos for voting Speedchuck while simultaneously dismissing any discussion of them out of hand.

Amos Speed vote is the very definition of a contentless, reasonless RVS post. Vote: CB
06-04-2016, 03:50 AM
Okay, we're out of rvs so I'm unvoting.

gotta go to work, talk later!

The one, the only, Vancho!
06-04-2016, 05:46 AM
Druple, I'm not voting for Amos because of his random vote, I'm voting for him because he kept sitting on a relatively big wagon and trying to silence any discussion of the person he was currently voting for, while simultaneously complaining that everybody else but him is wasting time, despite still refusing to do basically anything himself besides sit on an RVS vote and talk mechanics.

It feels fake to me, like he's trying to pass himself off as being a big serious, no nonsense scumhunter, but doesn't actually want to put in the effort to make it real.

(06-04-2016 12:00 AM)amosmyn Wrote:  I also want to lynch speedchuck, certainly worth clarifying I suppose.

Why's that?

Tumblr/Steam
06-04-2016, 06:06 AM
(06-04-2016 05:46 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  trying to silence any discussion of the person he was currently voting for
He was actually talking about themes specifically, and shutting down me and other people that might talk about them as if they were important.

Not that your whole argument is dismissed, as I do see it, but I thought he was fine with discussing me from what he said. My interpretation.
06-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Yeah okay, that's probably fair. I think it was mainly just something that got on my nerves at the time because I was trying to get answers on a question that was actually relevant to figuring out your/DC/Granola's alignment and then Amos rolls in out of nowhere and is just like "Hey, you know what would be an even BETTER topic of conversation? Nothing."

Tumblr/Steam
06-04-2016, 08:07 AM
(06-04-2016 06:30 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  "Hey, you know what would be an even BETTER topic of conversation? Nothing."
This isn't really relevant, but your paraphrase made me laugh out loud at work.
06-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Still at work, but I kinda dislike Amos for sitting on an RVS vote and sliding it into a real vote.

06-04-2016, 10:04 AM
@Speedchuck

Amos' part of the flavor conversation feels like they are trying to drag it out and call attention to it--and, therefore, away from scum hunting-- while making it look like they were trying to end it, so they're a little suspicious. I'd also like to point out that you, Speed, started that conversation so you're looking a bit worse then them.

dC seems to be playing similar to last game ie, being noncommittal with their votes and using them mostly to apply pressure. On one hand they say that they always play that way but on the other hand they were scum last game.

I don't really have anything on Donut yet, they seem like they are trying to scumhunt but don't have much usable info, like the rest of us.

tl;dr Amos: a little scummy, Speed: a little more scummy, dC: null but I'd keep my eye on them if I were you, Donut: null

also Unvote for now
06-04-2016, 10:11 AM
EBWOP

It's worth noting that speed claims that they didn't know obliterators were anti-guaranteed by the rules, but Pala shamelessly stole the the rules from them.
06-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not even going to get into the 'flavour' argument because it's just going to end with me rolling my eyes from pole to pole. If you can't tell I'm not exactly a fan of trite arguments over, oh yeah, "nothing", thanks CB, hence why I deliberately did the opposite of what TIM is suggesting I did.
Speed looks hella better on that regard though, but that's because I like the topics he chooses to talk about and not because I have any alignment on him.

Reads like a book...
Townish: Speed, dC, Crazed, Donut
Eh!: Druple
What are you doing: TIM, CB
Scummy: Granola is always scum, Vancho1 until he's back from work.
06-04-2016, 11:11 AM
>> Crazed Cat needs prodding

1. Read on CB, Druple, Donut
2. Ask dC a question
3. Is flavor indicative of one's alignment?
06-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Amos what made your opinion on speedchuck change so suddenly, and why were you interested in lynching him earlier?

Tumblr/Steam
06-04-2016, 12:08 PM
I divined some tea leaves floating in my mug.
Subtle ebbings in the chi flow of his posts informed me it was the right thing to do.
06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Hi, I'm back from work, does that make me town now amos.

On a more serious note:

It's a bit funny to me that the 'flavor conversation' has shifted to 'conversation about flavor conversation'. Apart from that, I have no opinions on it either way. On a different topic, I have a few questions for folks:

Druplesnubb: What do you think about CB now that the vote on Amos has been explained?

Speedchuck: Knowing that this is how dC plays mafia 99% of the time, what specifically makes you feel that dC is a PR or scum?

Donut: Apart from speedchuck, who else do you think is town? And could you elaborate on speedchuck?

Finally, I'm gonna Vote:TIM. What makes you so sure about the obliterators thing? Speed could have forgotten, or not read the rules thoroughly (since speed stole them from someone else, etc. etc. I've seen these mafia rules a million times and everyone just copies it from the last game.)

06-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Alright, lessee

Crazed Cat post reads like "wait hang on we should be trying to win" which is either new town or SLIGHTLY less new scum. I'm honestly not sure how to read it right this second I might take another shot at it later with more context.

Actually still happy w/ Druple vote for now, "random ass vote on current town leader out of nowhere with shitty reasoning" isn't exactly inspiring as his only post since last time.

amos/CB reads like a town/town thing, willing to leave it alone until a couple days down the track. I don't think you're BOTH scum, so keep an eye on each other

Other than that...I guess there's probably one in {Speed/Vancho/TIM}? Not actually super keen on donut, whose occasional comments are usually more impactful iirc.

06-04-2016, 02:21 PM
cold/amos probably not knowingly aligned imo(i.e. one of them is probably town)
speed seems town to me since (wine.gif) i don't think scum would speculate about oblits since it's a pretty Bad Post for scum to make
opinion on speed may change based on later posts

06-04-2016, 02:45 PM
If I was on a scumteam with CB I can guarantee you that this is a thing we could legitimately bicker about.

Which is to say to some degree I believe CB probably went with what he was saying for the sake of slaying D1 picklefudgery.

tl;dr nothing important to worry about carry on.
06-05-2016, 03:05 AM
Speedchuck's looking better to me now. Unvote I think I've already located the scumteam but I need to gather a few more interactions before I feel comfortable revealing. Regardless I think we as a group need to commit to lynching dC by no later than D3 on principle.

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
06-05-2016, 03:50 AM
i'm not gonna policy lynch a guy because they're hard to read, nola

06-05-2016, 03:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 04:09 AM by Crazed Cat.)
Just to clarify what dC said
This is my first mafia game
I didn't even know what flavor claiming was until I asked in the QT.

(edit: I think I'm fucked because someone unvoted and I think that leaves me with the most votes. Shit.)
06-05-2016, 05:39 AM
I'm gonna be out of town for the weekend, but I'll pop in when I can. Packing bags now.
06-05-2016, 05:54 AM
Chill out CC, there's no need to worry. You have literally 0 votes. And even if you had the most votes, it wouldn't be a reason to worry anyway seeing how disunited people's opinions are right now. Speaking of which, the votals currently look like this:

Granola (1) - Speed
Speed (1) - Amos
Vancho (1) - CC
Druple (1) - DC
Amos (1) - CB
CB (1) - Druple
TIM (1) Vancho

I'll change my CB vote and Vote: Amos though, because I found Cb's reasoning okay and Amos still needs to answer the question in #77.

I wanna hear DC's reasoning for CB being a townleader (like who he's supposed to be leading). Or his reasoning for this game having any town leader at all, for that matter.

(06-04-2016 02:04 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Will answer Crazed Cat question after DC does. Remind me if I fail to do this.
*poke*

(06-05-2016 03:05 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  I think I've already located the scumteam but I need to gather a few more interactions before I feel comfortable revealing.
[Image: CommentPhotos.com_1392062814.jpg]
06-05-2016, 06:12 AM
(06-03-2016 08:17 AM)Crazed Cat Wrote:  Wait guys we should try to single out the scum before lynching
Who's quiet?
Who's defensive about lynching?
Who's suspicious in general?
If I need to confirm as non-scum I can claim my role.
I read this first post wrong, as: I need to confirm many as non-scum so I can claim my role.
That is not what he said, my bad. CC is just being new and strikingly unhelpful.

(06-05-2016 03:59 AM)Crazed Cat Wrote:  Just to clarify what dC said
This is my first mafia game
I didn't even know what flavor claiming was until I asked in the QT.

(edit: I think I'm fucked because someone unvoted and I think that leaves me with the most votes. Shit.)
But this makes that more okay I think? Gonna want to see more content, but this isn't as bad as I initially thought

(06-04-2016 10:11 AM)The Idea Master Wrote:  It's worth noting that speed claims that they didn't know obliterators were anti-guaranteed by the rules, but Pala shamelessly stole the the rules from them.
This is amusingly true. However, I stole those from someone else.
06-05-2016, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 06:55 AM by Crazed Cat.)
What I'm HOPING is that I can be LESS shitty my next game so I actually look like a credible player, because lets be honest, I'm like the bottom of the barrel.
06-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Use regular font size, please.
06-05-2016, 02:33 PM
@Druplesnubb: Uh, he's aggressively pursuing his lynch-of-choice in a way that makes me feel like he wants other people to hop on? That's kind of how "leading" works generally.

Plus he's relatively engaged in the question/answer game and he's explaining his votes. It's certainly more leader-y than anything ELSE that's been done.

That split vote, though, is doing precisely nothing useful for anyone. Lynch: Granolaman (obtuse and unhelpful, reminds me a bit of his play in Insomniac Mafia, and [REDACTED])

06-05-2016, 02:40 PM
You point out any actual specific similarities between here and Insomniac and I'll tell you who the scumteam is.

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
06-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Your posts are short, infrequent, and noncommittal (example: #83 has you going over to abstaining with nothing but "eh previous vote target looks ok now").

If you want me to find a SPECIFIC post in Insomniac that's like that I guess I can do that but I don't really see the point.

06-05-2016, 02:49 PM
Yeah, and my Insomniac posts are essays in comparison. Why don't you try?

06-05-2016, 03:00 PM
You mean try and find a similar Insomniac post? Alright...

(04-05-2016 05:14 PM)Granolaman Wrote:  Hey hey thanks to those of you who showed up last night (your identities will be protected in thread, have no fear). My shenanigans should start showing results in a day or two.

Talkers are looking decent today, and I'm totally on board a Vote: Garuru wagon. Looking over yesterday's lynch I wasn't too sold on Vancho's support in the wagon. It looked like a prod vote that he turned into an easy first slot lynchvote and rode it to dayend. That, coupled with defense-but-not-quite-enough-to-claim-towniness on Garuru looks like a coalignment case to me. I might put TIM in with them, but I need to see more from him to make that judgement.

Bit longer, but the length is largely waffle (and thus irrelevant to the "no content" part of "short" which I am more interested in). It's notably noncommittal in terms of the people you talk about.

(04-06-2016 10:35 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  First off, I'm currently believing Garuru over Donut. Novaslot was dead for a decent portion of the night and I find it hard to believe a tracker would check that out over literally anyone else. Donut's up to something and it involves icing the tracker and that's not okay.

But probably the bigger concern is Acio. I'm not sure he's actually scumhunting. I'll admit his new chill persona might be lending to that belief, but his focus targets in total have been Garuru and Druple, the forum's quintessential early mislynches. He's been going after easy targets with poor defense mechanisms while buddying up with dC and Pala, two much harder to lynch town leader types.

If Acio's town then he's seriously faffing about, if he's scum then he's getting dangerously close to the untouchable leadership chumcircle.

Vote: Acio

This is kind of a weird one to bring up but randomly hopping on someone who isn't going to actually get lynched is a noncommittal move as scum. Ignoring the first paragraph due to context (i.e. it's related to something specific going on with Garu)

(04-06-2016 11:57 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  It's not that they're doing a bad job defending their particular case here, it's that they've always had early game defense problems regardless of alignment. Acio's preying on that for some easy mislynches. Druple's calling him out on it but no one else is noticing, and I've seen town!Garu implode under less pressure too.

As for your claim, power roles would've already been thinking over their options before the lynch so I'd call 11 hours in late enough, and Nova did nothing for his slot to indicate that he'd be worth investigating in the first place.

Still just faffing about with that Aciolynch here.

anyway these are all just from page 6, there's MORE appropriate ones on your lynch day but that's a different situation and there's LESS appropriate ones the day before that but that's ALSO a different situation. Additionally, it's a slow D1 and there's less to say so these posts I've quoted are "short" for the stage in the game they are at, while your posts in THIS game are short for the stage in the game THEY are at.

(also these are your only three page 6 posts)

06-05-2016, 03:06 PM
i'm not sure what you're getting at here, dc. are you saying "nola is being unhelpful d1"+"nola was unhelpful in insomniac"+"nola was scum in insomniac"="nola seems scum this game" because 1. meta arguments are Pretty Bad and 2. it's d1 and nola isn't being that obtuse. also what's the redacted for why add that

06-05-2016, 03:23 PM
When I put REDACTED stuff in it's usually a cue to remind me about it LATER. 99% of the time it means "I want to see reactions before I explain what reactions I'm after", the other 1% is "I have hidden information and want to hint about it for some reason"

As for the argument, that's more or less exactly what it is and I don't know what stronger argument you expect to make about anyone at this stage in the game. I mean, if you HAVE one then go ahead and make it and maybe I'll move over to your chosen target, but otherwise feh.

06-05-2016, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2016 05:12 PM by Palamedes.)
Near end of day Votals:

Granola (1) - dC
Speed (1) - Amos
Vancho (1) - CC
Amos (1) - CB
CB (1) - Druple
TIM (1) Vancho
dC (1) Speedchuck

As things are, nobody will be lynched.

23 hours remain.
06-05-2016, 04:20 PM
(You might want to do your own votals speed's voting dC)

06-05-2016, 04:51 PM
Still waiting on TIM to answer my questions, but this dC/granola interaction suggests that they're not knowingly coaligned. At least, I wouldn't expect two coaligned players to bicker like that. I'm also pretty okay with donut - answers to my questions made sense.

I'm kinda curious - who do you think are the scum, granola? I personally dislike how druple ignored my question (what are your thoughts about CB) and, well, TIM hasn't spoken since yesterday which could mean any of a number of things. Apart from those, I got a few mehs (like CC's new town schtick), but yeah. Your thoughts. I'd like to hear them.