Complete Themefia End (It's a Nice Day for a Red Wedding)
06-07-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: Themefia Night One (Genocide Route)
As the day comes to a close, the themes gather up amos and granola. They don't know exactly which one of them is one of the villains behind this, but it's got to be one of them. Lines are drawn, with most of the gathered falling on equal sides. speedchuck makes the final call, and with a scowl amos is thrown screaming into the theme destroyer pit. After that the rest of the themes go rifling through his possessions. They find pictures of a bunch of his own cute monster people - all murdered. Evidently amos planned to do the same to all of them.

amosmyn was Undertale Mafia, Scum Roleblocker. He was the critically acclaimed indie darling, or, at the very least, its theme. People all over rave and gushed over him, but none of the other good for nothing themes here seem to get that he'd be a much better choice than any of them. So he decided it was time to take things into your own hands, joining a coalition to take out all of the others so that the decision could just come down to themes that actually deserve their own game.

Each night he could choose a target and spout out Undertale spoilers at them, forcing them to spend the whole night blocking their ears and leaving them unable to perform any actions.

With their grim work done for the day, the remaining themes retreat to privacy for the night. Some simply sleep or work on their game's concept, while others have more immediate plans to concern themselves with...

Night will be ~50 hours, ending on June 8th at 12:00 PM EST.
06-09-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2016 06:41 AM by Palamedes.)
RE: Themefia Day Two (The Importance of Being The Guy)
Night came and passed, relatively peacefully. You know, given the plot to kill just about all of the themes gathered and the fact that they had murdered one of their own (albeit an evil one) just the previous day.

When the themes gather though, they realize one of them is missing. A cursory search leads them to finding icanhasdonut, very much dead. Obviously what they have to do is rifle through his possessions - and find a bunch of scenarios for deadly situations and how donut would get out of them - along with anyone else he could.

icanhasdonut was I Wanna Be The Guy Mafia, Town Twoshot Bodyguard. He wanted to be the guy. He really wanted to be the guy. He honestly would have loved it if everyone was the guy, but nobody here seemed to agree. Some disagreed so much that they apparently planned on killing everyone else. The guy wouldn't just let that slide, he'd do everything he can to stop them, and so he had to as well. Fortunately, he was an expert at dealing with death and figured he can stop attempts to take out the less prepared themes gathered - though his reflexes weren't exactly good enough to do it over and over. That's okay though, he wasn't exactly planning to get out alive.

Each night he could pick a target and use his dodging skills to protect them from any kills. The first time he successfully prevented a kill he would survive, but after that he would die instead of his target.

Livelist:

Coldblooded
Druplesnubb
dichotomousCreator
Granolaman
speedchuck
Crazed Cat
The Idea Master
Vancho1

With eight alive it takes three to softlynch, five for hardlynch. Day Two will end Monday, June 13 at approximately 12:00 PM EST.
06-09-2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Themefia Day Two (The Guy)
Lynch Vancho
06-09-2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Themefia Day Two (The Guy)
Either two kills hit the same person and donut protected them, or he was shot. I'd rather consider the second one. That would...

Actually point to dC, maybe, given D1 interactions? Would be pretty satisfied with a dC Lynch today. Not switching yet, though.
06-09-2016, 07:21 AM
[Image: games-game-over-IWBTG-apple-710143.gif]
go town

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
06-09-2016, 07:38 AM
I'm gonna do a quick read through of Donut's posts when I get home but yeah I'd be on board with a dC lynch today as well. UNLESS the cop got a clear on him and wants to come forward with it.

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
06-09-2016, 07:48 AM
Donut getting targeted for a kill in the night would be kind of weird since they were one of only four people who weren't voting for Amos yesterday. And them deflecting two seperate kills that were flying around in a 10 player game would be even more weird. So I'm gonna guess that Donut probably deflected a strongman type kill off of somebody. (Me or Granola most likely.)

Anyway, DC, Vancho, and TIM are all on the short list for dying asap as far as I'm concerned, so they should get in here and start talking soon.

Tumblr/Steam
06-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I'll be gone until Sunday, just a heads up.
06-09-2016, 09:41 AM
You're probably right CB I just think it's weird that scum would have a strongman kill that doesn't actually pierce the protective role.

(09-25-2015 09:43 PM)Coldblooded Wrote:  Granola congratulations on maintaining your reign as king of the bastards once again.
06-09-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah not sure why donut of all people was offed. Other obvious possibility is they somehow picked him as a PR and went for him on those grounds, or there's a vig or SK and they ALSO went after his kill target? (If there's two kills it's also possible one hit his target and the other one hit him, and he was in the sort of position a vig/SK wouldn't mind hitting). Do we want a vigilante claim if there is one in order to clear it up, or is that not worth it?

He was going to be my first vote target for today too so I'm not particularly happy with my record this game thus far ._.

Lynch: TIM is the only other player who isn't either voting next to amos or bussing him. Okay to do Vancho as well, but D1 has demonstrated the importance of having at least ONE counterwagon (yes I know it'll probably end up being ME, but whatever :V)

Coldblooded and speed are basically clear at this point (they were both instrumental in amos getting lynched so that'd be some serious gambit fuckery if it was one of those two) and I don't really want to look in Druple/Granola/CC at this stage. Lemme reread and see if I can spot anything interesting.

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Why was Donut your first in line dC? I know he was off the scumwagon but I felt he was contributing and that his was the most legitimate vote on me.

06-09-2016, 10:29 AM
Probably inactivity blind spot actually. Donut and TIM were my two most likely because Vancho was voting next to amos (uncommon thing for scum to do), and TIM was inactive. (Plus, I had a bit of an off feeling about donut D1. Not entirely sure why, just he seemed off-meta and I've only ever played with town!donut before so that raises alarm bells)

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
06-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Things on Reread:

- yeah ok donut reads as town now. I'd call this hindsight except that I forgot he was dead while re-reading and flagged all his posts as towny, so I guess I am just bad

#66 is eh for Druple (amos chainsaw??)

#75 - amos calls Granola/Vancho scummy and Speed/me/cat/donut town (TIM/CB/Druple some other category). Not sure how this makes me feel, I think slightly better about Granola/Vancho and nothing else.

#79 - Vancho voting for TIM is interesting

#81 makes me feel even better about calling Speed/CB town (esp. considering that if donut's death had anything to do with his role he was probably protecting one of them)

#91 - Just to clarify, [REDACTED] in this case was "I want people to have two wagons to choose between"

#100 - I don't know why I feel the urge to flag this post but it seems important

#101 - Actually makes me feel better about Nola because amos was scum (duh) and I can't exactly begrudge him for the read on me given I almost got him lynched over amos D1 :/

#115 - holy shit I was getting pocketed so hard D:

#119 - okay so given Nola probably isn't scum and amos IS, that means we're looking at abstaining scum (lol TIM), a busser, or scum!Vancho. Busser is actually super unlikely given how close the lynch was (they likely would simply have hopped on Nola instead of amos, a busser would need to have been "trapped" on the bus and I'm not sure if anyone really was...well, except Granola but I don't think Granola is scum at this point) so running through {TIM/Vancho/me} is PROBABLY game-winning.

#120 - WOW POCKET HARDER

#124 - not great for Vancho. This is a critical decision point and he picks the one who isn't known scum

#130 - not great for donut. This is a- wait. Shit. Okay. This makes me worry about busworld (since donut didn't like the amoslynch)

#133 - This looks like genuine town frustration, esp. in light of amos's scumflip.

Conclusion: Lynch TIM, then Vancho, then when they both turn out to be town and we're at MYLO I'll panic. (In reality, I wouldn't mind lynching TIM but I do want to see more stuff)

06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Hmmm, what do you think the percentage balance is of TIM abstaining vs. being afk?

06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Hrm...

50/50? He did a bit of AFKing in Insomniac, but the timing on his disappearance is kind of super convenient here (it saved him from having to either potentially condemn amos or potentially swing the lynch onto a townie). Like, I'd make it more likely to be AFK except that amos's scumbuddy REALLY wants to not be there while this is all going on.

(and needless to say, if he was abstaining on purpose then he's very likely to be scum)

06-09-2016, 12:09 PM
Lynch VANCHO
Because he's a suspicious bastard.

[Image: gkEsd0p]
He duz it.
06-09-2016, 12:53 PM
Hi, the amos flip - not surprising. The donut death - requires rereading. Will post later tonight. Right now - opinion of granola is better, I trust his 'intuition' quite a lot more now.

The one, the only, Vancho!
06-09-2016, 01:14 PM
Reread Granola's D1. I find it incredibly unlikely that it was bussing.

Still between dC and Vancho for scum, recent posts have made me feel more confident towards that
06-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Wait, Vancho, if the amos flip wasn't surprising then why weren't you on amos? Did you just think Granola was worse? What do you think about Granola now?

06-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes, I felt that Granola was worse because Amos seemed to be contributing while Granola had mysterious reasoning. I still don't like Granola's D1, but now that Granola's hit scum, objectively I can't really fault that. The chance of it being a D1 bus is slim because Granola is the one who pushed the wagon over the edge - I don't think it would have happened without granola's support.

Knowing that Amos was scum now makes me feel better about CB and granola, and worse about well, the people on granola I guess (which reflects poorly on me, I know). I actually also dislike TIM - that's the one person who abstained from the granola/amos debate, and unless TIM has a really good reason not to be here that's actually more than a bit suspicious.

So Vote:TIM

06-09-2016, 02:07 PM
[Image: 5nqGpkJ.png]

06-09-2016, 02:09 PM
[Image: RueKrZF.jpg]

06-09-2016, 02:11 PM
[Image: nLdYugB.png]

Lynch: DC

06-09-2016, 02:26 PM
hey granola what's your excuse for not voting me yet :v

anyway Vancho is obviously the other scum now because he hopped on the wagon I started as an alternative to being run up himself, and we have empirical evidence that 100% of people who do that in this game are scum

Seriously though, his opinions feel very contradictory. He's not surprised amos was scum, but he was ALSO expecting scum!Granola but also didn't seem to believe in amos/Nola D1 or even consider the implications of it. He feels worse about "people on Granola" which includes me, but then he's hopping onto the wagon I started? Plus he says he doesn't like "the people who were on Granola" when that's literally just me (donut and amos are ded and the only other one was HIM), which is weird and obtuse. The phrasing on "Granola's hit scum" kind of sounds a bit like "damn, I can't go after Granola any more" too which is >_>

Overall it feels like his positions aren't very well thought out and are just kind of what you're "supposed" to think. I still want to hear from TIM but I'm actually gonna switch to Lynch: Vancho because now I take a second look at it...yeah, that's not good. Plus, the way he hopped on TIM after me and the fact that TIM STILL hasn't responded has kind of spooked me into thinking TIM is more likely to be afk town. Then there's the whole "hopping on Granola near dayend" thing...ech, yeah, do not like.

EBWOP: @Granola: Oh, I see! Well, good on you I guess. Could I ask you to make a case for either Vancho being town or this being a threescum game and me and Vancho both being scum? (Since if I am in fact scum one of these two conditions must be met)

[ASK ME ABOUT MY LAST REASON WHEN WE SEE HOW VANCHO REACTS TO THIS UNEXPECTED TURN OF EVENTS! HAVE FUN FIGURING HOW TO RESPOND TO THAT ONE, VANCHO]

06-09-2016, 02:29 PM
ACTUALLY AN EBWOP THIS TIME: also yeah CB is more or less correct RE: Where The Scum Are and I'm going to claim total credit for the end of D1 votal being as informative as it was so pppbbbtthh to you :v

06-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Hrm, well I agree with you on TIM's inactivity being suspicious so? People can come up with the same conclusions based on the same evidence, what a shocker.

06-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Well if that was the only thing I'd said then yeah, but it wasn't! Besides which it's not even so much about you agreeing with me as it is about me re-evaluating how likely TIM is to be scum and realizing that if TIM isn't scum it's probably you.

Besides, the conclusion you came to is pretty convenient if you're scum since it lets you hop on the main counterwagon to yourself. Since most scum behaviour falls under the category of "there are town reasons to do this but also scum reasons to do this", the metric isn't "would a townie do this", it's "what does a scum player gain from doing this". In this case you get an early votepark (committing to a lynch early generally looks good) and you get to push a counterwagon to yourself.

06-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Well you know what? You started the counterwagon on granola here and you argued that the reason granola wasn't being voted for was because granola was scum and buddies were avoiding that vote.

I got burned yesterday for ignoring Granola's intuition, and you know, I think it might be correct.

Vote: dC

06-09-2016, 04:40 PM
This is fine because if I flip they're going after you next, so have fun with that.

Also you're not this prickly as town.

Also also the reaction I was looking for was "abandon the now defunct counterwagon in favour of a new counterwagon", and you didn't disappoint.

Now for the eventuality that you ARE town, you'll want a plan for tomorrow. What does the world look like for you if I get lynched today and townflip? (You don't HAVE to answer publicly, but you'll want to think about it and speak up tomorrow at the earliest assuming I die today and I would appreciate a public answer because it would potentially offer me some differing perspectives)

06-10-2016, 03:38 AM
If you flip town, then I'd look at TIM or druple. TIM for obvious reasons, druple for low content posting until suddenly jumping on the Amos wagon. Maybe granola if d1 bus seems reasonable? I don't really think so, though.

Speed is basically confirmed town because why would scum be the deciding vote on scum vs (presumably) not scum lynch choice. CC is such a new player that I think a strategy like d1 bus is unlikely, and CC hasn't really said anything which seems like a new scum tell.

CB I'm not sure about but seems to be towny.

06-10-2016, 03:39 AM
Also my prickly nature may be because I'm still salty about insomniac

06-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Hmm...

Okay, that's all pretty fair, and you're correct that if there's a busser on amos it's most likely Druple. He says he's gone until Sunday in #158 though which is awkward.

(Also: no other posts? Come on people, don't just let the two most likely scum candidates bicker among themselves that's a terrible plan)

06-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Okay well I guess I don't really care too much whether DC or Vancho dies first, but how can I defy a quality webcomic edit like that? Lynch DC

Also if TIM could either show up again or get replaced/modkilled soon that would also be cool.

Vancho (3) - Speed, CC, DC
DC (3) - Granola, Vancho, Coldblooded
Abstaining (2) - TIM, Druple

Day two ends in about 68 hours, but hopefully much fewer.

Tumblr/Steam
06-12-2016, 12:08 AM
okay so assuming 2scum we have, what, two mislynches before MYLO? (So, if we can get a shortlist of three possible scum we're good)

the possible scum list at this point is more or less {dC/Vancho/TIM/Druple} if I'm reading things correctly

so we need to either pick correctly out of that (i.e. lynch Vancho/TIM/Druple :v) or have a PR narrow it (either by checking one of them or by BEING one of them)

the PR thing is PROBABLY self-solving? If we have a cop I don't imagine they checked outside that bloc, and there's probably at least ONE PR in there regardless.

anyway Granola's instincts are bad and he should feel bad and I'd do the Prettiest Princess thing except there's like no material so far and I'm pretty sure it's all trumped by "durr dC tried to swing the lynch off scum" (WOW IT'S ALMOST LIKE IF I HADN'T WE'D HAVE NO INFORMATION TODAY :V)

never lynch CB/Speed, probably never lynch Granola or CC, get TIM sorted by mod things if necessary, kill Vancho, then {TIM/Druple}

also lynch Vancho first because he's scummier than me but whatever

06-12-2016, 02:33 AM
1. You can't keep trying to take credit for the information off of Amos' lynch since we're lynching you based off info prior to his flip, and you're simultaneously trying to squeeze Druple and Donut into your scumreads which suggests the lynch wasn't even all that informative to you.

2. Your plays today have been hella floundery. You were planning to go after Donut with little/poor reasoning. You tried to go after TIM and pretended it was a clever gambit to catch Vancho when I pointed out your logic doesn't suggest scum!TIM. You're doubt-casting Druple hard in the hopes to set up an extra mislynch later down the line in the event you survive today and manage to knock me out. (Druple could've easily swapped to me D1 it's not like I was doing myself any favors with my attitude)

3. All game you've either been claiming clever gambits or failed clever gambits which reads strongly like a certain desperate wolf!dC in ONW. At some point you stop being Xanatos and start being someone trying to cover up his own bad mislynch attempts.

4. My intuition is top-notch yo.

06-12-2016, 04:32 AM
It took CB and Speed and you out of lynching contention. That's like 30% of the game. That's VERY informative. (40% if you count CC, which I largely am). Also making the hard assumption that nobody bussed amos is an AWFUL idea, which is why I'm saying to keep an eye on Druple (as none of the other amos voters look anything like scum at this point). Frankly you're misusing the term doubtcasting, I will quite happily openly claim a scumread on Druple (not as strong as Vancho and of course there's only one scum left which makes it weird, but whatever).

There was no "gambit to catch Vancho", either. I honestly wanted to lynch TIM until he jumped in like that and you pointed out the possibility of TIM simply being AFK. I mean maybe reaction testing counts as a gambit? That's stupid if so. He hopped on an easy counterwagon with evidence of not thinking much about it, so I moved over to him instead. It's not complicated.

Like, I don't know where you're getting this gambit play thing from. I'm playing pretty vanilla here. Counterwagons are a standard tactic, this one worked out well, scrutinizing people for voting in ways that look weird is ALSO a standard tactic. It's not like I'm running around claiming cop or whatever the hell, this is pretty much Mafia 101 shit.

Also, like, half the game is AFK. If I was scum and worried about my performance I would just have kept quiet all day :/. Other options that wouldn't have been this shitshow:
- Continuing to go after you
- Staying on TIM
- Just coming out against Vancho at daystart in the first place

Like, I understand this is a WIFOM argument but jesus I have some self-respect about my scumplay.

And I WOULD have agreed about the intuition until evidence popped up to the contrary.

06-12-2016, 05:40 AM
CB and Speed were already like the towniest players in the game before my wagon even started so they were never lynchable in the first place. You're flopping on whether or not I'm a clear town read, so you're definitely still trying to keep my lynch on the table and eat it too. The assumption that nobody bussed Amos is far from axiomatic, but considering it was D1, scum doesn't have the numbers to survive hard busses, and we had a tied lynch between two very viable targets makes it a pretty damn safe assumption.

You probably didn't plan on making a gambit to catch Vancho, but this:
(06-09-2016 04:40 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Also also the reaction I was looking for was "abandon the now defunct counterwagon in favour of a new counterwagon", and you didn't disappoint.
is you pretending that you totally did.

As for the gambit player thing: #48, #97, #119 all read as you getting grumpy for being called out on gambity bullshit and using that to justify building a case against people who are reasonably suspicious of you. Also the Vancho case above, and your constant insistence that you being on my wagon was by clever design and not because you actually thought I was scummy yesterday.

And of course you can't stay silent today. I'm still alive and pursuing you as my top scumspect and you need to try and defend yourself. Plus I don't think you could stay silent if you tried. :P

Your biggest kicker (and all you people still on the fence listen up) is that you keep trying to create new worlds in which you are only the fourth scummiest person in the game. You wanted to pursue Donut, and literally the only information presented between that stated goal and your switch was my opinion on him. You want to pursue TIM for being lurky and abstaining, despite it fitting his MO from Insomniac and having zero value as a scum maneuver. You want to pursue Druple because you're running out of mislynchables on my wagon and you think his clearly town-town interaction with CB D1 might be enough to drop him. You are desperate to survive the next 3 lynches and you're showing it by trying to smudge out as many town reads as you can.

06-12-2016, 12:00 PM
That's not a gambit, it's a reaction test. Why the hell are you calling it a gambit? It's not even ironclad evidence by itself, it's like "yeah this is what scum would do, although it's also what town would probably do so it's useless without a bunch of supporting stuff which oh look here's that.

Similarly for:
- #48, which is a basic "the interaction is tainted" thing
- #97, which is an even MORE basic "if I'm trying to see who picks which wagon, I'm not going to say that out loud" thing, and
- #119, which AGAIN is pretty simple counterwagon strategy

like, if this is your definition of a gambit then I don't know what you call town fakeclaiming a PR. THAT'S a gambit. The shit I pulled in WH12 was a gambit. This is just playing the damn game.

I'm desperate to survive the next 3 lynches because there's three people I think are possible scum. Like, I specified that if ANY of them are confirmed town I no longer give a shit, so just get one of them to claim PR or get the cop to check one of them and I'll stop complaining. WHICH IS BAD PLAY ON MY PART because I should then focus my efforts on the NEXT most likely scum because THAT IS HOW TOWN WORKS (seriously, you're suggesting that as town I should go "oh okay the scum are in me/Vancho/TIM or whatever so I should stop playing the game now" which is a good idea only if it's mechanically true and is also boring as fuck)

To wit: Make the case for TIM town or Druple town convincing enough that I no longer think of it as a possibility? Start with that town-town interaction you mentioned because I don't even know about what it was (I didn't bother looking it up) and I'm largely going on my memory that CC is newbtown and the other three amos wagoners are obvtown, and Druple isn't obvtown by behaviour (hence either Druple is scum or there's no busser, hence unless I want to completely rule out busworld right out of the gate I have to leave Druple on the table)

Also why the hell are you talking about the donut thing when I brought that up ENTIRELY OF MY OWN FREE WILL? Like, I didn't need to say anything about that, so if I AM scum then the only possible reason for me to do so is if I WANT you to talk about it and you're getting played like hell right now. Which means either you're PLAYING RIGHT INTO MY HANDS CACKLE CACKLE or it doesn't make me scum :/. Like, really. Why did I bring this up as scum? If you're going to answer "wine" what possible benefit do I get from the wine? Are you seriously arguing I said it just because I thought "scum wouldn't say it"?

"far from axiomatic" and "pretty damn safe" are more or less the same thing so this statement is incongruous, and I'm flopping on you because I DID kind of have a super strong scumread on you D1. Apart from anything else if I'm going to die the best play is to scrutinize everyone I think it's reasonable to scrutinize.

In summary you are hilariously wrong and overzealous and if you DO manage to get me lynched today the rest of town needs to take note of this and be more cautious pursuing your targets in future. Especially since you are treating the game as solved, which is like the cardinal sin of Mafia. Seriously. If the remaining scum are guaranteed to be in a given pool of players then why are you even bothering to play any more? If the remaining scum were 100% in dC/Vancho/{whoever is actually Granola-approved Possible Scum because apparently TIM and Druple are obvtown now} then I wouldn't be bothering to talk at all.

Which reminds me: Same caveat as Vancho, I KNOW you won't want to publicly post about town!dC world since you're assuming it doesn't exist but for christ's sake at least have it ready to go for tomorrow so you're not blindsided. Not to mention: If this isn't what town!dC would/should be doing, what would/should town!dC be doing in your opinion? Like, other than "hurry up and die" what should I be contributing at this point?

06-12-2016, 01:34 PM
Okay, but

you're acting like your every move is secretly protown and therefore it's wrong to question you. Then, when someone does question you you get huffy and add them to your scumlist. That's not townie play, that's scum looking for lynch excuses.

And honestly you ought to be prepping to lay down and die if you were town. You're the scummiest player in the game by far and sticking around only serves to add that constant distraction of "but dC is the final scum so why bother worrying about pressure?"

But for your consideration, here's my case on Druple. Your two biggest concerns with him D1 were his taking a joke seriously, and a vote on CB. The joke is a nulltell and honestly continues to feel like you trying to press a weak reason for a lynch (if you flip town I'll be happy to reassess that). His vote on CB, on the other hand, looks like he misunderstood CB's case against Amos. He thought CB was pressuring Amos because of an RVS and strongly disagreed with that. Later, it appears that he figured out that CB was lynching Amos because of the conversation shutdown and moved his vote accordingly. A pretty standard town vs town interaction by my count. He then swung by to help shut down Amos' dismissal of my argument RE: connection between you two. That would've been a perfect time to instead swing his vote off his teammate and onto me if he were scum. You were presenting quite the case against me and providing my lynch with more than enough momentum for him to sneak on and save his buddy.

I mention the Donut thing because as I said earlier he had the most legitimate reasons of those on my wagon and, after yesterday's lynch, not someone who'd be at the top of my lynchlist. I think you mentioned it because you spent last night planning to try and mislynch him, got caught unprepared, and added the statement to your opening post to make it seem like you were actively scumhunting last night. Your opinion of him even after flip was that he was scummy until I suggested otherwise and then it was all "agree with Granola" time. It reads like you were frustrated that one of your best buffer lynches died.

Honestly the main reason I'm still even engaging with you is because I know it sucks being a caught scum with no one to talk to. You need to be lynched today. Not tomorrow, not D4, today. As scum you are a tenacious and wily fuck and I know if I let you walk away today I'll be dead tonight and your lynch wagon loses all of its momentum. I can admit to being zealous, but zealotry is needed for the tough lynches.

If you're town!dC you should pick which of your scumspects is most likely accurate, and state it. Give the cop a good target to look into tonight. You've stated cases against half the remaining players here; keeping all of them open just looks like flailing. Provide your complete case for that one individual. You'll either give us a strong lead to look into tomorrow, or the cop'll be able to clear them.

Also I know we're the only ones talking atm, but we should probably cut down on the walls.

06-12-2016, 01:57 PM
I stated the case on Vancho as clearly as I could and flagged TIM/Druple as "look into" people? Like, I already DID that :/. If you check my daystart vote you'll see it was literally just naive vote analysis (i.e. TIM was the only player who wasn't either voting for amos or voting next to amos, and classically scum tend to avoid voting with other scum or voting FOR other scum). Similar argument for donut, and honestly I hadn't thought about it much beyond that (I'll admit to getting into a slightly complacent mood after the D1 scumhit)

anyway I'd argue Vancho is scummier and you're interpreting my behaviour through pre-existing bias (i.e. "I HAVE TO LYNCH DC HOW CAN I DO THAT") but meh. Also it's seriously only good play to "lay down and die" if the game is mechanically solved, otherwise it's pretty much suboptimal by definition. I can at LEAST get a decent counterwagon to myself run up so that today isn't a wash analysis-wise.

Similarly, my issue with your zealotry isn't JUST that I'm actually town because that's not really an issue I can take with you, it's that the lack of subtlety means whoever the scum ACTUALLY is can just get away with following you onto me and you don't really get any information about what people actually think. Like what happened Insomniac D5 (I think?) where donut came out with a track on anac and got him lynched through upfront. Which I guess is fine if you assume lynching me ends the game, but it's kind of grating from my end especially when I don't think that's an assumption that should ever be made D2 anyway.

You're probably correct about Druple, but probably isn't certainly. Like, I'd have to be "bet the game" certain to be willing to just stop playing at this point, because otherwise there's still potential optimizations I can make.

06-12-2016, 02:27 PM
Technically it's an assumption I made on D1. :P

Okay train of thought question time for you: Who do you think was the target of last night's kill?

06-12-2016, 04:14 PM
If I had to guess I'd say CB, he was locktown due to wagons/pushing and he's a historical town leader. Plus, for similar reasons he's the most likely protection target for donut (who meta-wise I almost can't imagine protecting anyone else...MAYBE you?)

Outside possibilities are Speedchuck (don't think donut protected him), and donut (due to his wagon position I don't think he would have been a good target)

06-13-2016, 02:22 AM
What, if any, advantage did scum seek to gain with a CB kill?

06-13-2016, 03:44 AM
What can I say, scum just can't keep their hands off of me at night.

Tumblr/Steam
06-13-2016, 09:42 AM
If DC thinks I'm scum I'd be very interested in him explaining post #87. I wanna hear his reasoning for me breaking the breaking the 7-way tie in favor of Amos instead of any of the multiple other candidates, especially with a two-player scumteam, no counterwagon and 36 hours left in the Day.

The closest thing to a non-townread I can find on the Amos wagon is CC, and even they seem pretty damn townie to me. I thought their Amos vote felt like something a newtown would actually latch on to, but their Vancho vote today feels weird.
@CC: What do you mean exactly with Vancho being a "suspicious bastard"?

More stuff and actual vote after I get some sleep.
06-13-2016, 11:50 AM
(06-13-2016 02:22 AM)Granolaman Wrote:  What, if any, advantage did scum seek to gain with a CB kill?

Knock out town leader, knock out person who wasn't going to get lynched, knock out experienced town player? Standard "Acio dies N1" suite. Knock out a PR if they think he's a PR, I guess.

(06-13-2016 09:42 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  If DC thinks I'm scum I'd be very interested in him explaining post #87. I wanna hear his reasoning for me breaking the breaking the 7-way tie in favor of Amos instead of any of the multiple other candidates, especially with a two-player scumteam, no counterwagon and 36 hours left in the Day.

The closest thing to a non-townread I can find on the Amos wagon is CC, and even they seem pretty damn townie to me. I thought their Amos vote felt like something a newtown would actually latch on to, but their Vancho vote today feels weird.
@CC: What do you mean exactly with Vancho being a "suspicious bastard"?

More stuff and actual vote after I get some sleep.

I think it's POSSIBLE you're scum. Honestly my read on you is more town than scum, but not to the point that when we reach MYLO I want people deciding you're unlynchable.

IF you're scum, the reason for that is that doing so would tie you to amos permanently such that if either of you ever flipped it'd be game over. Maybe you decided it'd be easier to win with a surprise bus than to win under those constraints (especially as amos may well be lynched the next day for the vote being swung off him onto a townie)

However, as previously stated, this is quite unlikely and should only really be double checked at MYLO.

06-13-2016, 02:31 PM
Okay so we have about 24 hours left and aren't really going anywhere, votals are still tied and unchanged from last time. How about we just lynch DC already and get things over with?

Tumblr/Steam
06-13-2016, 03:06 PM
Where did speedchuck get off to anyways? Druple's accounted for, and TIM and CC are chronic lurkers, but I've definitely been missing speed's input here.

06-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Oh continuing the question line: How, if at all, has Donut's death instead affected the scum team's strategy for today?

06-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Hmm...honestly, that's a meta call and depends on a number of things, including:
- Whether they were trying to PR snipe {if they were, they have to play around the PR they thought they were sniping}
- What their meta-reasons (if any) for the kill were {if any, they have to avoid whatever meta-threat they were trying to eliminate}

Basically, what it comes down to is they'd have reasons for the chosen nightkill that depend on who they are and what roles they have, and it's difficult to know how the strategy would change without knowing both those things. Personally I usually don't adapt much to failed or redirected kills (see: FTL Mafia, Insomniac Mafia) so that also makes me unsure on the point.

NOTABLE: If CB's strongman theory is correct they might have been expecting a doctor or BP.

If there'd been more conversation today I'd suggest looking at people who were kind of leery around CB, but as it is the consensus settled too fast for much to happen.

@Coldblooded - I think everyone who is talking is either dC or a dC lyncher so that's probably why. Also I'm only at H-2 so there's that.

Anyway I THINK I'm better off being dead over no lynch at this point (not self-hammering because I still way prefer a Vancho lynch to either of those things) so if it comes to that I'll self-hammer (if only so people can re-read D2 and take things that I said seriously)