Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-26-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
!!! Another little lady on the team! Cool to know. Maria squinted a little at the sacrifice thing, and with a wary grin, she nodded. "Take care!" She waved as Elena left!

And Akira. Why was everyone bringing it up. Jeez. "You stay safe too. Go make sure that sister's alright. You got me all worried for a second."

She smirked, and then she was sort of mostly done talking to people? She put all the stuff she took out of Tlalocan into the bin, along with the alien blood helmet. She made sure she had her guns and her knives and her personal helmet, and then almost got onto a helicopter.

One more thing.

She looked out to Raven. "Sorry about shooting your cat! I hope she doesn't like, hate me forever. Still not a warlock, by the by, so, if you need some help just hit me up I guess. Don't ghost please! Good luck out there." She waved, and then got into a helicopter.
02-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Maria took off!

"It's worth telling you all," said the KNIGHT agent. "That we're not taking the tech to be dicks. We got all this stuff under certain loopholes in alien patent and copyright laws, and we can only use this in very specific circumstances. If any of this stuff gets used outside specific parameters, Earth is going to suffer at least five more invasions like this one. We'd really rather avoid that."
02-26-2017, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 06:04 PM by Demonsul.)
"Oh, yeah, right," said Gabriel. He handed his gear off to the KNIGHT agent with the cart. "Don't want to start an intergalactic incident over tech that's all burnt out anyway."

He looked around at the group. "If any of you ever need my help, don't hesitate to contact me. Or if you just want an equipment upgrade. Or, Max, once you think about my offer. Or, hell, if any of you just want to talk! I look forward to hearing from you all again, once everything is settled."

He made his goodbyes with the colonel and the heroes who hadn't already left, climbed into the helicopter that would take him back to Pauldros, and decided to try and get some sleep on the way there. It'd probably be morning by the time he got there, and there'd be things that needed doing.
02-26-2017, 06:04 PM
"YOU KNOW, WE REALLY NEED TO PREPARE FOR THAT JUST IN CASE, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL SOME ASSHAT STEALS SOME AND HIDES ON OUR PLANET."
02-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Gabriel took off!
02-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Sharie had climbed off of the helicopter feeling a little woozy. Flying made her feel... awful. Still, she took a deep breath and a moment to steady herself. As she was finishing that up, a certain somebody approached her. Sharie looked over at Akira, respectfully listening to her.

"I... it's..." Sharie sighed. How could she put this? "It's like this... I don't think that... killing is good, but... I don't think you're a bad person..." She moved to run a hand through her hair in thought, then thought better of it. "I was... thinking about it earlier, and... you don't seem like the kind of person who kills to... kill." Sharie rubbed her arm.

"Sorry if... I'm assuming too much. But I um... I just think that you're... how do I... say this?..." She didn't want to offend. "I think that you're... better than you give yourself credit for..." Sharie smiled, though it was small, as her's tended to be it seemed. "But if it makes you feel better... you could sound a lot more like Vigil." She let out a quiet laugh.
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
The Raven asked for a balaclava first before he removed his helmet, slipping it on as he took the helmet off in the shadow of one of the choppers before turning both it, the anti-psychic helmet and the plasma gun over.

"One question, I left a rather notable face helmet in the Pentagon, looks like a plague doctor mask. Any chance I could stop by there and get it first?""

02-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Casey gave Akira a simple fist bump. He was still holding a slight grudge but ideally he'd let it go.

He happily turned over all the alien crap and shit, whatever got this process going already.

"Right, so...Yeah, if you need help just..." Casey mimicked a ringing noise and put an imaginary phone to his ear.

"...Or something, I dunno. Good job team." He finished lamely, clearly incapable of putting much pep into that, and got onto a chopper.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-27-2017, 05:35 AM
"Oh, yeah, that'd be fine," Hunter said, nodding to Desmond.

Meanwhile, Casey got on a chopper and left.
02-27-2017, 05:45 AM
"Alright then, I'll take my leave."

02-27-2017, 05:47 AM
Desmond ALSO boarded a helicopter and took off!

Woo!
02-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Bigs honestly doesn't have enough excuses for why Valence keeps dipping in and out. Bigs just can't fucking keep up with this in the best of times because you all are only awake when she is asleep. It's something that haunts her daily and something poor Layla must suffer for. Rip.

With all the helicopters descending and taking off, though, it's hard not to dip back into reality again. It's also hard not to immediately realize how much her head hurt. God, this was something she needed to train for in case a team-up like this happened again. Though that would require multiple people to know her secret identity. Burt wouldn't be enough to overload her brain like these people did.

If he was even still alive, of course.

That thought makes her stomach sink, even as she takes the numbers Hunter so graciously offers them. Her throat is tight as she mumbles a thank you, one that falls on deaf ears as everyone around her talks, and moves on, and makes their little speeches and goodbyes.

And she's left staring! Just...watching. Watching, and feeling a little too much for her comfort.

Drawing in a sharp breath, Layla runs her fingers through her hair. Her curls stay in place for a single second, until she moves her hand away. Then they bounce forward again, refusing to do what she wants them to. Kinda like everything else in her life!

"I'll-- I-- I'll be going, too." Her voice cracks a total of three times in that short sentence, and she tries to clear her throat to make it a little better. Fruitlessly, of course. She's trying not to cry, after all. Clearing your throat doesn't help with that much. Especially not when you're as overloaded as Layla. "It was a pleasure-- an honour-- to fight with you all. Thank you for the opportunity, an-- and I wish you all the best." In an awkward, jerky motion, she bows her head to the heroes in front of her, her hands bunching up the fabric of her suit.
02-27-2017, 09:19 AM
Max hands over any alien tech on him (sorry Vigil!) and looks to everyone left.

"Thank you, all. Each and every one of you contributed something, and we saved the world together. If you need me, well, I gave out my number. Good luck, and so long."

He climbs into the chopper which has sig.

The one, the only, Vancho!
02-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Simon took off the heavy power armour helmet and hands it to the agent.

"Sorry, I had to abandon everything else on the mothership when it stopped working, so it all got destroyed in the explosion."

Unless anyone else needs or wants to talk to him he'd go back and get all of the stuff he left at the Pentagon and then gets on his way!
02-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Simon and Max both fucked off in their own respective choppers!
02-27-2017, 11:36 AM
"UH, HONOR TO FIGHT WITH YOU, TOO?"

Vigil looks around as Layla gives her bashful thanks.

"YOU WERE PROBABLY MORE TALKING TO EVERYONE ELSE, BUT WHATEVER."
02-27-2017, 11:40 AM
"Oh, uh." Layla looks around too, but only to properly detect who's speaking to her. "I- I meant everyone."
02-27-2017, 11:43 AM
"HUH, WELL, OKAY."

Vigil was sure she was just being polite.
02-27-2017, 11:47 AM
"It... it was nice... working with you as well." Sharie chimed in as well.
02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
So then Layla gives 'em all an even more awkward wave before getting into a helicopter to fly home! Gotta see what happened. See if her family/friends/Burt are alive.
02-27-2017, 12:07 PM
And so Layla got aboard a helicopter and left the airbase!
02-27-2017, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 02:22 PM by Whimbrel.)
Lex said her goodbyes in good order, even going so far as to add some magic sparkles to the fistbump she shared with the intense but supportive Akira.

All around, it had been an interesting sort of day.

Lex hopped on a helicopter.
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Lex departed on a helicopter!
02-27-2017, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 02:30 PM by Protoman.)

Akira can't help but laugh a bit at that last part. She's not sure if she believes Sharie, but she'd be lying if she said it didn't make her feel better.

"Hey, uh... Thanks. Like, legit. It means a lot." A smile. "Don't be a stranger. Call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me."

Maybe she hadn't made friends with everyone here, but she'd made one, and a damn good one. She was more than happy with that.

"Aight, gotta head out before I make like Sharie n' get all sappy. Stay cool, y'all!"

With that, Akira hops up onto that helicopter, her head full of thoughts and her heart full of storms.
02-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Akira took off!

It was just Marcus and Sharie left.
02-27-2017, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 03:31 PM by SupahKiven.)
Sharie waved lightly at Akira as she boarded the helicopter.

"If you ever come to Paraselle Falls... just lemme know!" She called out, a small smile on her face. All that was left was her and...

"Um." She awkwardly scuffed her shoe on the ground. "...it was good working with you." She said. To be honest, she didn't have a lot to say to Vigil. Not because she didn't like him or anything, but he just... didn't seem like he needed to talk to her. "Sorry we didn't... do much together, I guess..." Sharie shrugged. "Good luck." With a small wave, Sharie boarded a helicopter. It was finally time to go home...
02-27-2017, 04:13 PM
Vigil looked around. Everyone had left.

"SO... UH... GUESS... GUESS IT'S JUST ME THEN. GUESS I'LL... JUST GO... YEAH... HEY, YOU GUYS GOT ANY PEANUTS ON THESE HELICOPTERS?"

And so Vigil left, leaving the airstrip desolate of manpain. A great tragedy.
02-27-2017, 04:14 PM
And so Marcus departed as well!

And it was the end of the adventure.
02-28-2017, 11:42 AM
[Image: WJx6Fc0.png]

I made some fanart of everyone's favorite character.