Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-10-2018, 02:21 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"We only have one suit. Plus the boring suits here won't let me go," the President chuckled, gesturing at the Secret Service.

Cobra King looked somewhat hurt at Vigil's comment. However, at the consolation prize, he seemed excited.

"Yessss, I could use thossssse."
01-10-2018, 02:27 PM
"ALRIGHT, YOU GUYS HAVE FUN WITH THE PLANNING PHASE. MY PLAN, JUST THROWING IT OUT THERE, IS TO TRY TO COVER MY BODY HEAT AND SNEAK IN WHILE HOPING FOR THE BEST. IT'S NOT THE BEST PLAN, SO IF ANY OF YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER, I'M GAME. AND IF WE ASSAULT THE GATE, I GOT THERMITE AND EMP ARROWS. DOWN FOR WHATEVER."

Vigil shrugs and goes off to make the Cobra King some explosive snakes in the armory. They're little mult-jointed toy metal cobras (crudely fashioned, Vigil doesn't really sculpt snakes too often), and in each section is a little pocket of C4. They're wired to a detonator in the hood, with a five second timer. They need to be primed by opening the jaw, then armed by closing the jaw again, which starts the timer. This way, they don't go off in your pocket. He makes as many as he can within whatever time he has before the group sets out, and will hand them off to Cobra King before he sets out.

In the process, Vigil uses this as an excuse to dump a fair amount of C-4 into his bag because, Robot Suicide Mission, why not.
01-10-2018, 02:29 PM
Lux spreads her shroud out, trying to estimate the area she can keep invisible with her shroud while moving---the whole team, or just a few people?
01-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Just a few people.

As Vigil went to leave the room, the Pentagon alarm started to go off.

"Uh-oh," said the President, picking up a nearby phone and speaking briefly to the person on the other end. He put the phone down. "Right, so...we've got a lot of unidentified flying hostiles headed right towards the Pentagon."
01-10-2018, 02:30 PM
Casey smiled. Least he didn't have to deal with Diamante, so that was a plus. Plus on the team with Max, and the cool medic lady, and familiar people from last time the world was ending, so neat.

"Well...how long can Eva phase?" He asked, looking over at her. "Cause, if I know where we're going, we can just quickly tunnel there, assuming we can get an oxygen supply going?"

And then- "Shit."

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-10-2018, 02:31 PM
Lux nodded, looking serious, and started dashing away up towards the roof.
01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
"OKAY COBRA KING, JUST PRETEND GRENADES ARE SNAKES, THAT'LL HAVE TO DO FOR NOW."

Vigil looks to the President.

"ANY IDEA ON WHAT THE BEST TACTICAL AREA TO GREET OUR GUESTS WOULD BE BEFORE YOUR SECRET SERVICE FORCE YOU TO SPLIT AWAY AND RUN OFF INTO A BUNKER?"
01-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Max knew he couldn't help against airborne targets much, so he asked,

"How long do we have until we leave? I can work on countermeasures if you have a field workshop here."

The one, the only, Vancho!
01-10-2018, 02:41 PM
Maria disappeared, and returned with her gloves and helmet on, incarnated. She was also armed to the teeth. Sword at her side, shield to the other, a pistol on each thigh, a few knives on her belt, and an assault rifle slung over her shoulder. Wasn’t sure how much good any of it would do, but it wouldn’t kill her or slow her down much to be prepared (at least to find out if these robots were silly enough to leave wires or such out.)

“Hey last question for maybe later- any sledgehammers in the Pentagon? Anything like that? Hammers sound more useful right now than say. Most things I have.” She said, the voice changer in her helmet making it all come out like a potentially familiar video game evil robot.

She shoved the shrine in her bag, and then ran outside to check out what the heck this was.
01-10-2018, 03:08 PM
Pandemonium. Eva heard her name mentioned by somebody that wasn't the guy telling them who was going where, but she didn't pick it out over the sudden sound of the siren. She looked around, clenching her hands for a bit before speaking up.

"Um... I don't have a weapon."
01-10-2018, 03:12 PM
Maria ran right back in. She set the shrine down, disappeared, and returned with a machine pistol, a knife on a clipable holster, and a combat shotgun, shoving them toward Eva.
01-10-2018, 03:14 PM
"CAN'T YOU PHASE THINGS INTO OTHER THINGS? JUST GRAB SOME GRENADES FROM THE ARMORY."
01-10-2018, 03:17 PM

Maria looked at Vigil, disappeared again, and returned with a grenade launcher, too, which she... held out... to... Fleshy Emily? Someone who didn’t fly.
01-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Casey got up and ran up to see what was going on.

He also didn't have a weapon, but there'd likely be one lying around. Or something. W/e.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-10-2018, 04:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 04:13 AM by SupahKiven.)
Eva suddenly found herself with an armful of weaponry. She looked at it, surprised, and then set to work clipping the knife to her belt and holstering the pistol, leaving her cradling the shotgun. Then, Eva turned to glare at Vigil.

"Not that I know of. But yeah, lemme grab some grenades from the armory so I can try it and potentially blow myself up. Should I grab a brain to replace my 'damaged' one while I'm over there?" With her part said, Eva jogged out of the room, following the others. Time to see if she remembered her training.
01-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Emily kind of... stared at the grenade launcher blankly when it was handed to her.

"Sorry, what am I supposed to be doing with this? I'm a doctor."
01-11-2018, 02:36 AM
Maria frowned under her helmet. She grumbled, and passed the grenade launcher to Casey because Corn forgot whoops. She still took one of the pistol and knife holsters off her thigh and belt, and very much shoved them at her.

”I hate getting into situations where allies choose to be defenseless.”

She’d roll her eyes and LEAVE FLESHMILY TO THE DOGS if she didn’t take those. Because she kinda had some running outside and seeing what was up to do.
01-11-2018, 04:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 04:45 AM by pail.)
She stands up excitedly and starts to burst into a chant. “Oh shit! Nice!! I’m on the fun team!! GO TEAM ROCKIES!! GOOOOOOOO TEAM, HOOYEAH! WERE GOING TO GIVE 110% AND WERE GOING TO GIVE THEM HELL!! NO TAPPING OUT AT THE LAST QUARTER!! WE BRING OUR A GAME THE ENTIRE TIME!!” She pumps her fist in the air! Valence could probably feel raw determination from her.
Before they head out though, If the pentagon has a better helmet she was going to go grab that.
01-11-2018, 04:31 AM
“Oh woah, there’s an armoury!?” Yasmine gasped. “Wait, of course there is. It’s the Pentagon. Duh.”

She was already armed with her spear, so she ran after the others to the roof! If Valence was paying attention, Yasmine was sending off dizzying bubbles of excitement and nerves.
01-11-2018, 05:32 AM
"Oh sweet, thanks Coyote." Casey said, grabbing the grenade launcher eagerly. He should not be trusted with this.

Oh there was an armoury? Eh, he didn't have time to put on a suit of anything. And then er...

"Yeah?!?!" Go team Rockies?

01-11-2018, 06:14 AM
Isidora draws her revolver and checks its ammo, rolling the chamber before snapping it back to action. "I would be interested in a sledgehammer as well, actually. While my blade's ability to pierce these robots' hides should be respectable when stabbing, I'd rather not be left out in the cold should it turn out I haven't the strength to slice into them properly."
01-11-2018, 06:26 AM
"YEAH IF YOU FIND A NICE NON-CONCUSSED BRAIN IN THERE, POP IT IN."

Vigil goes and loots plenty of C-4 from the armory anyway.
01-11-2018, 07:43 AM
Emily took the gun and knife, I GUESS.

"I'm not choosing to be defenseless, I just have no idea how to fight, okay?"
01-11-2018, 08:24 AM
So many feelings at once! It's a lot! Makes Valence pretty darn excited, too. Like a buffet! She grins and cracks her knuckles, hopping up and down on her feet.

"Don't worry about it. I wouldn't let an Emily die. Can't, really. My sister would never let me hear the end of it." She cracks her neck! "Just call if you need me and I've got a shield with your name on it, girl!"

She thumps her chest, energy crackling along her fingers! "Go team Rockies! Let's do this!!!"
01-11-2018, 12:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 12:06 PM by Kocel.)
Vigil walks by Emily (Hartmann).

"YOU POINT THE SHOOTY END AT THE BAD THING AND PULL THE TRIGGER. JUST DON'T DO IT UNLESS YOU'RE REALLY CLOSE, PISTOLS AREN'T ACCURATE AT RANGE FOR AN UNTRAINED SHOT AND I DON'T WANT TO GET SHOT IN THE BACK."

He passes her a plastic bag that had about half a dozen frag grenades in it.

"HERE'S SOME EXPLOSIVES. THEY'LL PROBABLY BE MORE USEFUL THAN GUNS AGAINST THESE ROBOTS. JUST PULL THE PIN AND THROW ONE DEEP INTO THE ENEMY RANKS, AWAY FROM THE REST OF US."
01-11-2018, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 01:06 PM by Vancho1.)
Max grabbed some heavy weapons and the heaviest armor he could find from the armory for AI Emily.

"Here, you're a better shot than I am."

He then went back and grabbed a rifle for himself. Not that he expected to use it.

01-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Lex ran up to the roof!

The President was already being dragged off by the Secret Service, so Bald Eagle was taking charge!

"We have SAM batteries on the roof. Not sure what their plan is here, so I'm going to take to the skies and do my best to keep them distracted. I'd advise you guys take up position alongside the batteries and try to keep them clear of hostiles. If those get taken out, our job becomes a whole lot harder," Bald Eagle told them as he went out the door towards the roof. "And there's sledgehammers in the engineering workshop!"

The team proceeded to the roof, with Lex arriving there first! In the distance, they saw around thirty dropships flying over the Virginian suburbs towards them. They seemed pretty fast.

Bald Eagle ran over to his glider, hopped on, and took to the skies.
01-11-2018, 01:26 PM
The sledge can wait for now, then! Isidora rushes to the roof!
01-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Lux brought her shroud out in front of her and started focusing the light in the same way a telescope would. She zoomed in on the dropships, trying to glean more details about them. The viewable section was directly in front of her, but far enough away from her face and large enough that other people could see as well.
01-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Vigil headed to the roof. He took position next to Lux.

"I'D NORMALLY SAY WE SHOULD SHOOT THOSE THINGS DOWN EARLY, BUT I DON'T WANT A BUNCH OF KILLER ROBOTS TO BE DISPENSED OVER CIVILIAN RICH AREAS. WE NEED CONFIRMED KILLS ON EACH OF THOSE THINGS."

He surveyed the area about the Pentagon.

"IF YOU AND ANY OTHER HEAVY HITTERS CAN DOWN THEM NEAR THE PENTAGON, I CAN HELP THIN OUT THEIR RANKS FROM THE ROOF. I MIGHT BE ABLE TO TAKE OUT A FEW AT A TIME WITH A GOOD EMP ARROW. NOT AS SURE ABOUT THE CAPABILITIES OF MY THERMITE FOAM. IT MIGHT NOT SPREAD FAST ENOUGH TO CATCH MORE THAN ONE."
01-11-2018, 02:21 PM
"Mm. Dropships are small enough that if you blow them up, you probably have destroyed what's inside. Might not hold true for the robots though, true. They're still too far away for me to hit with enough force at the moment, though."
01-11-2018, 02:50 PM
"Oh shit we're up to bat Valence lets go! You too ghost girl, fish chick, Coyote Woman! ... Erm... Leg blown up man les go!" She gives a firm slap at Valence's back, grabs her duffle bags and heads to the roof.
01-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Oh, okay, sure! Yeah! The roof and shit! Valence stumbles at the slap to her back, then hurries to run off after everyone else!

SHE SLAPS THE SHIT OUTTA NINE'S BACK RIGHT BACK!
"This is gonna go great, guys! Positive attitudes! Or, like, not positive ones, those feed me, too."
01-11-2018, 03:15 PM
On the roof, Eva blinked as she observed the dropships. She cradled the shotgun, pressing her lips together. Hmm... She wasn't quite sure of what to do here... Eva stayed quiet, simply thinking and waiting for the ships to come closer or for somebody to address her. She did, however, stay on alert, prepping to go intangible if anything came at them.
01-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Lux's emotions were a mixed bundle. Nerves, fear, yeah, but there was a certain confidence there too--like the knowledge that a storm was coming, but feeling certain you could weather it. Anticipation. And at the second mention of eating emotions, again, that spike of anxiety, this time becoming a short, focused jab of hostility. "Actually. If you could keep your fangs away from my emotions? That'd be great. Think we got this handled."
01-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Lux can hear a derisive snort!
"Yeah, it doesn't really work that way, but I'll be sure not to subject myself to your feelies. I went through puberty once already. Don't really wanna deal with the mood swings again."
01-11-2018, 04:05 PM
INDIGNATION! Lux's shroud wiggled, but stayed on task, while she emitted a very coherent, very teenage grumbling noise in response.
01-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Max went to look for a workshop to see if he can jury-rig an overcharge to his tesla cannon to increase its range - at least, for a few shots.

01-11-2018, 04:34 PM
"BUT DOESN'T THAT MEAN TEENS ARE AN UNLIMITED POWER SOURCE FOR Y-"

Vigil shook his head.

"NEVERMIND. HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT FLYING? LAST VALENCE COULD FLY."
01-11-2018, 04:53 PM
"Wouldn't know! Haven't been around teens much since these powers. I'll leave her alone though-- as much as I can."

Valence puffs out her chest.

"Of course I can fly!"
01-11-2018, 05:44 PM
Emily rushes to the roof too, brushing aside the sinking feeling that she should be attending to the wounded that this whole invasion thing will inevitably create, instead of pretending to be a superhero.

"If anyone gets hurt, tell me. Try to fall back if you can. I can't do a thing to help you otherwise."
01-12-2018, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 05:01 AM by MQuinny1234.)
Casey glanced at Emily, then at his grenade launcher, the incoming ships and aaaalll the buildings surrounding everywhere between the ships and them. "Hmm."

He moved over beside Emily. "I'm going to cover you, alright? I'm good at close combat, strong and tough, at getting hit, and I have some medical training, so consider me your minion doc." He felt like he needed to pay her back for saving his life 10 minutes ago too.

01-12-2018, 05:24 AM
Nine was Maria’s new favorite hero. And... score, she’d have a nice hammer later. But for now...

”Eva, we could probably get inside one, at least see what we’re about to deal with. Maybe get our friends the scoop.”

She started gathering water from the humid DC air, and pull from the river if she could reach. Any collections began a slow circle around the roof, waiting for use.
01-12-2018, 05:52 AM
"Hmm?" Eva was shaken from her... observations by Maria's voice, glancing over at her with a raised brow. "Huh? Oh, yeah, I guess I could..." She seemed to think about something for a second, looking at the dropships for a moment, before looking back at Maria.

"I'd be up for it, but uh..." Eva ran a hand through her hair, looking a little guilty. "I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but... what do you do? Your powers, I mean."
01-12-2018, 06:04 AM
"THINK YOU CAN DROP SOME PRESENTS ON THE DROPSHIPS?"
01-12-2018, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 06:28 AM by Bigshot.)
"I can offer shields too, if things get rough for you, Em. Just yell for me!" Valence wishes she was someone's favourite hero. Downsides of being able to sense emotions: you know when people don't like and/or really give a shit about you. Still, she smiles! Bigger shit to worry about than inadequacy. "We're all gonna be a-ok. Good vibes, right?"
01-12-2018, 06:30 AM
“Come on guys!! Focus on good sportsmanship here!” She clapped a couple of times. “Oh, are we attacking the ships now?” She crouches down and looks through her equipment. Hmm... well the rule of thumb with all superhero’s is to show off. She grabbed one of her soccer balls and set it down on the roof in the direction of the drop ships.

“I could take out one easy! Maybe two if I line it up right. Just give me the signal and I’m ready!”
01-12-2018, 06:34 AM
"I've got, like, lasers and shit. Good at blowing stuff up. Can totally fly up and take 'em out."
01-12-2018, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 06:35 AM by Cidellus.)
The dropships were revealed by Lex's magnification! Many of them looked to be carrying massive scary looking treaded tankbots with arms (including hands), missile batteries on their back, and miniguns located within their arms. Their chest was heavily armored, and their shoulders seemed to be covered with machine guns. Smaller bots were also being carried by the dropships. These had multiple variants ranging from "spider robots roughly half the size of humans armed with small arms and knife blades" to "humanoid looking androids armed with missile launchers and assault rifles" to "hulking armored goliaths roughly seven feet in height armed with the heaviest weaponry possible".

Each dropship carried around two tankbots, ten goliaths, fifty troopers, and an untold number of spiderbots. The dropships were also all armed with missiles and miniguns for air support purposes.
01-12-2018, 06:36 AM
"I think it'd be better if these things crash before they have a chance to get set up."