Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-06-2018, 04:05 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
And so Adrasteia appeared a few moments later.

She was really really mangled. Intestines blown out, missing right arm, missing left eye, left leg holding on by a thread. It was honestly a miracle she was alive, considering she was also perforated by shrapnel and bullets. She was also conscious, which was pretty horrifying to see.

As for Adrasteia herself? She was very tall, with honey-colored hair, a Mediterranean complexion, and a rather muscular build. She was wearing the remnants of some Hellenistic full plate body armor which was absolutely covered in blood.

Overall, she looked freaking terrible.
02-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Holy shit. Okay. This was bad, but Emily had seen worse. That whole alien war thing was pretty bad, huh?? Don't panic Emily, you are a magical doctor and you can handle anything.

Emily starts with some basic healing to prevent imminent death from blood loss, then looks up at Maria. "Help me get her up on the bed. If we can get that armor off her it'll also help."

Emily, as they do that, busies herself with healing Adrasteia's countless wounds! And, like, stuffing her intestines back in. She's not going to worry about regenerating missing bits until she's stabilized.
02-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Maria nodded very quickly, making use of her HUMAN BUT STILL PRETTY BUFF strength to get Adrasteia where she needed to be, and get armor out of the way. She’d help however she could after that, whether that meant grabbing things for the good doctor or holding Bits Of Her Friend together, blood transfusion? She could totally give blood if it would help-
02-06-2018, 04:25 PM
There was no need to give blood - Emily could apparently just conjure that shit up!

Emily was pretty convinced that she was a wizard or something, but she really had no proof of that.
02-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Emily quickly stabilized Adrasteia, and then began the long and rather intensive project of regenerating her injuries.

It'd probably take a goddamn while. During that time, Adrasteia finally lost consciousness.
02-06-2018, 04:33 PM
"She'll live," Emily said as she began reattaching Adrasteia's leg. She was VERY FOCUSED ON THE TASK.
02-06-2018, 04:33 PM
"There was a discussion about flooding Texas, Vigil. I can't say he completely overreacted, but it was making things more tense than they already were."
02-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Holy shit. Yasmine’s trance ended and her eyes came back into focus to see new people, a brawl, an ideological argument for the face of humanity - what even happened? A couple words made it through – sacrifice, destruction. Survival.. She cleared her throat and stepped up before Bevill.

“Hey everyone. Hey,” she added in particular to… whoever it was Maria just came back with? Some disheveled lady? Whatever, none of her business. “I’m Siren, it’s my plan that caused all this arguing. I work with the Streak sometimes, you probably haven’t heard of- Ah, shit. I already said that, didn’t I.” Her shoulders slumped. “Look, I’m from Rainwalk, West Texas, where this thing is. Those people down there, they aren’t numbers to me,” she said, avoiding Isidora’s gaze. “They’re my parents and my family and my best friends, and I’ve been dreaming of saving the world as long as I can remember and I never wanted it to happen like this.”

“Here’s what I know. The folks that used to live there say that Rainwalk and the areas around it will be okay, and that there are creatures under there that can help you breathe. There might be machines too, they don’t know. I can find our way there and turn it on, but I don’t know how much resistance we’d find along the way. It’d be quick, and it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. They were here a long time ago and they want to defend it too. That’s the situation, just the facts.”

“So that leaves the price.” Her voice was shaky and her fists balled up beside her. “And as for that, all I can say is that… You guys are my heroes. All of you.” She looked around between them – Valence and Dragonfly and Lux and everyone she’d watched on the news a hundred times over. “I’ve been following you since day one, everything you did, good and bad, and if you really believe that a frontal assault is the thing to do then I do too and I will believe in you every step of the way. But, I can tell you, and I think some of you can too… I remember what it was like during the One Day War. I spent every moment feeling so helpless, so useless, wishing there was something I could do to be a hero too. And if this is what we can do – if this is really the moment – then I don’t know how I’ll live after, but I don’t want humanity to end here with us.”

“All I’m asking is that we send someone to Rainwalk. We don’t have to do it right away – just send like, a fire team, me and enough to get us there. You can teleport, right?” she asked, appealing to Maria. “With your little statues? You could leave one with me, and go, and if it went bad – like, bad bad, the kind you can’t come back from – tell me, and I’ll pull the switch or lever or whatever it turns out to be, and that’ll be that.”

“Anyways. That’s all, thank you for listening. I’ll, um, I’ll go with whatever you heroes decide.” She sat down mutely, fists still clenched and eyes locked on the floor.
02-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Bevill looked to Yasmine.

"I can send a few agents with you," he said before looking to the others. "It can be a contingency plan, then. Is this acceptable?"
02-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Isidora lowers her head, her lower face covered by the scarf, now. "Far from. But it seems about the closest we'll get to it without pumping each other full of lead and steel."
02-06-2018, 04:59 PM
"WAIT, YOU'RE SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT-"

Vigil gives Bevill a sidelong stare.

"SO FIRST YOU CREATE AN UNSTOPPABLE SPY AND INTELLIGENCE AGENCY ARMED WITH ADVANCED TECH AND MAGIC, WITH NO COUNTERMEASURES AGAINST IT. THEN YOU LET A BUNCH OF RACIST ASSHOLES HIJACK THE WHOLE THING. AND NOW YOUR SAVE THE WORLD SOLUTION IS TO DROWN TEXAS."

He starts to throw up his own hands, before catching the chemical mixture with a muffled 'woah shit,' going back to mixing it.

"DAMN STRAIGHT THAT'S A COUNTERMEASURE. I'M GOING WITH THE TEAM THAT'S GOING TO TRY DYING DOING WHAT'S RIGHT BEFORE WE DROWN MILLIONS OF CIVILIANS BECAUSE WE FUCKED UP. AND IF I SOMEHOW SURVIVE THIS WHOLE THING, I'M GOING TO TRY TO FOUND MY OWN KNIGHT, BECAUSE I CAN'T SCREW UP THIS 'KEEPING THE WORLD SAFE' THING WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL ONE DID!"

Vigil looks over to Nick.

"URIAS! IF THIS GOES SOUTH AND THEY HAVE TO DROWN TEXAS, CAST A CURSE ON ME AND MAKE ME A VENGEFUL GHOST LIKE CRIME MIME! I WON'T DESERVE ANY REST AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE COMPLICIT IN THIS."
02-06-2018, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 05:01 PM by Protoman.)
Isidora looks to Vigil and her cheek crinkles up in something of a smile signifying admiration. A better KNIGHT? She could get behind that.

"In case it isn't wholly obvious, I'm with him."
02-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Maria sighed when Emily spoke, relieved that she’d survive, hopeful she’d be in fighting shape... and kind of glad she wasn’t conscious to feel this. She didn’t disturb her from her work, though.

And then Siren spoke, and she pieced together what had gone down in her absence. That... that was kind of heavy. And Maria wanted to be sicker, but after she’d... goofed that kind of decision on a much larger scale, she couldn’t find it in her to disagree. Bevill seemed sure. And he knew a lot more about this than she did right now.

“...”

Provided she could leave Adrasteia’s side for a minute, Maria went to her corner, disappeared, and came back with a spare shrine and a couple of candles in a backpack, handing it to Yasmin. She very deliberately grabbed onto her hand, and set the strap there. “... Siren.” She said, quietly. “This doesn’t make you a monster. Whatever has to happen. Whether you are just willing or you must. I will defend you to hell and back over it. Don’t let anyone shame you for being ready to do what has to happen to save everyone we can possibly save. You’re not small beans either. You’re good, anyone paying enough attention has already seen that. Don’t let yourself forget it. All the same. Let’s hope we don’t see each other until this is all over.”

She squeezed Yasmin’s hand gently, and left the bag in her hand, departing. ... Apparently there was an armory? Casey looked decked out. Maria looked for like, a hammer she could wield. Something better than a piece of rebar, just in case they DID get shot out of the air. She’d grab more hardcore guns if they had them, and looked for armor in Adrasteia’s size if there was any, since hers was sorta kinda ruined. She threw her bag of explosives over her shoulder, set to go whenever needed, and continued doing what she could to help Emily.

Got Doc Emily some water, too. Take care of yourself, Doc. Thank you, thank you, Doc.
02-06-2018, 05:35 PM
"MAKE THE BATTLE NUN A GHOST, TOO, I GUESS!"

Vigil nods to Isidora.

"GOOD CALL, NOTHING CREEPIER THAN A GHOST NUN."

He crosses his arms.

"NOW, LET'S THINK OF A PLAN THAT'S NOT STUPID. I'VE BEEN INTO EMPS LATELY. YOU KNOW WHAT TRIGGERS A REALLY BIG EMP? A NUKE. CAN WE GET A NUKE DOWN INTO THE HEART OF THEIR BASE? TELEPORT IT? I'M PRETTY SURE MAX COULD MAKE US ONE IF WE CAN GET SOME URANIUM. PROBABLY. HELL, WE COULD JUST STEAL ONE FROM A MILITARY BASE WHILE IT'S UNDER ATTACK BY THE ROBOTS, WE NEED IT MORE."
02-06-2018, 05:38 PM
"...so instead of flooding the Permian Basin, you wish to nuke the Permian Basin?" asked Bevill. "Regardless, that wouldn't do much. The robots have hardened the bunker against nuclear strikes. And the robots are unaffected by radiation."
02-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Emily gulps down the offered water before she starts on Adrasteia's eye.

"Thanks. Uh, can you get me some coffee? Stronger's better. Just... bring the whole pot, please."
02-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Maria obliged!

And she wasn’t gonna offer earlier because gross shit in the OR, but she brought some sealed jerky packets? If it was an energy thing?
02-06-2018, 06:19 PM
Emily turned down the jerky for now because she kind of had a ton of blood on her hands, but she appreciated it!!

MEDICINE.
02-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Isidora holds up a finger. "Don't. Make me a ghost. The Lord alone decides what happens to my soul."

With that, she approaches Siren.

"Excuse me. Do you have a moment to talk?"
02-06-2018, 07:37 PM
"WHAT IF WE TELEPORTED THE NUKE INTO THE DEEP UNDERGROUND BUNKER, USING A PERSON AS A FOCUS POINT, IF WE COULD SNEAK SOMEONE IN?"

Vigil went back to mixing his chemicals.

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND MAGIC TOO WELL, SO I GUESS WE CAN'T JUST TELEPORT SOMETHING IN BLIND, BUT IF, SAY, SOMEONE TRAINED AT INFILTRATION, OR SOMEONE WITH GHOST POWERS, COULD SLIP THROUGH THEIR DEFENSES, INTO SOME MAINTENANCE HATCHES OR SOMETHING... GET DEEP DOWN AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE... IS THERE SOME SORT OF CHARM OR MAGICAL TOKEN THEY COULD USE TO ACT AS A TELEPORTATION BEACON?"
02-07-2018, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 02:07 AM by Whimbrel.)
Lux inserts herself between Isidora and Siren, and reveals herself, fake double fading away. She glares at the battle nun. She is determined to block this interaction. "She already has a hard road ahead of her if we fail this. So why don't you focus on your OWN preparations to make sure we don't, rather than trying to make it harder, huh?!"
02-07-2018, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 03:19 AM by Kadis.)
"Yeah. Sure. It’s okay, she added to Lux. “But thanks. I, uh, I love your posts.” Yasmine had the feeling that this was the start of a very long chain of conversations she didn't particularly want to have. She followed Isidora anyways, still clutching onto the pile of stuff Maria had handed her. Gonna need to ask for instructions on that.
02-07-2018, 06:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 06:21 AM by Protoman.)
Isidora completely ignores Lex and nods as Siren agrees. She leads her off as far as she safely can and speaks in hushed tones.

"To make it clear, this wasn't meant as an attack on you. I think this plan horrific, but I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling." She pauses. "I am not a priest - obviously - nor am I a nun, even, contrary to popular belief, and I have no idea which faith you practice. That said, the battle approaching is sure to be horrific. Especially for you, perhaps. If you've any desire for any sort of spiritual counsel, I would be more than happy to lend it. If not, I wish you the best."
02-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Lux frowned and nodded, standing aside to let Siren pass. And then she pulled the invisibility/doppelganger trick again, because she didn't trust this religious extremist not to shoot Siren in the face to stop the contingency plan from going through if she didn't like the answers she got from their private chat. So Lux was going to watch over Siren for a little bit.
02-07-2018, 10:54 AM
“Wow.” Yasmine looked surprised – kind of like she’d been expecting Isidora to just punch her in the jaw. “Um, thanks. I’ll be okay, don’t worry. It’s just that…”

She hesitated for a moment, then a big rush of words spilled out. “I mean, like, I don’t want to get into another big rant, but I meant all that cheesy stuff back there, about these guys being my heroes. I always tried to be okay, you know? I stole a chocolate bar once when I was like, eight, from the corner store down the street, and man, no one ever caught me but I slept like someone trying to solve their family’s decades-old disappearance for months. But then we lost that fight, and a bunch of people, and now this, and… Ugh.” If Valence was in the room she’d feel a big pulse of stress and fear.

Then she swallowed blinked a few times before meeting Isidora’s eyes again. “It’s been a long time since I went to church though, and I got friends wherever I go.” She tapped the Spear. “Thanks, though. I mean it. I wasn’t expecting it.”
02-07-2018, 11:48 AM
Casey wandered over to Bevill, since he was the dude in charge and seemed to have some good statistical knowledge about this stuff, looking to spitball some ideas. "So...When you say the base is fortified against nukes, I take it we can't just have Max cannibalise the ship's engine into a bomb and drag it underneath the base? Also-" And here he leaned in slightly and muttered. "-you said that Bald Eagle's plan of tunneling under and attacking only had a 5% chance compared to 75% flooding plan. Does that mean that, assuming most of the heroes, except Yasmine obviously, went for it, failed, and the Yasmine attempted, with some back-up, that Yasmine would have the 75% chance still?"

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-07-2018, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 12:53 PM by Protoman.)
Isidora shakes her head. "It is the foremost duty of those who serve Christ to provide comfort to the afflicted. Even if I believed in my heart of hearts that you felt no conflict about this decision, it would be my foremost duty to provide you comfort, even while condemning your actions. The Prodigal Son, and all." She taps her fingers against her knuckles.

"A word of advice, though?" She glances across the crowd of heroes, super or no. Her eyes move slowly between Casey and Lux and Vigil and Symon and Coyote and ESPECIALLY LUX. "...While heroes provide us a beacon to follow, a light in the dark, they are not beyond reproach. None of us are - least of all me. In case it isn't obvious yet, you are among them. An equal. They are all as scared, confused, and frightened as you. Rather than relying on them to guide you through this, I'd suggest you look within. Whether or not you believe it was placed there by a higher power, your conscience seems to be quite a powerful one, and so long as you follow it, I have utter faith that it will guide you down the path of righteousness."

She offers the woman a gentle smile.
02-07-2018, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 01:19 PM by Cidellus.)
"The ship will be running air support during most of the operation," Bevill said. "As well as distraction operations. It also wouldn't make a very good bomb. Based on data received before the blackout, it's also heavily fortified beneath the base with concrete and metal. They were aware of your powers, and planned accordingly. The chances would also be significantly lower with Siren attacking alone underwater."
02-07-2018, 01:19 PM
"OH NO, I'M A MURDERING PIECE OF SHIT, I JUST DON'T WANT TO DROWN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF KIDS WITHOUT HAVING A PLAN A, B, C, D..."

Vigil helpfully chips in.

"I THINK BEVILL THINKS IT'S THE BEST PLAN, SO HE'S SELLING IT AS THE ONLY ONE. BUT THAT'S KNIGHT LOGIC. I WANT TO AT LEAST WORKSHOP ALTERNATIVES. IF AN ASSAULT IS ALL WE GOT ON OUR OWN, AND IT FAILS, I WON'T HAUNT YOU, FISH GIRL, I'LL BE HAUNTING EVERYONE ELSE. THIS SITUATION ISN'T YOUR FAULT. BUT REMEMBER, YOU HAVE A CHOICE HERE. YOU'RE A PERSON, NOT A WEAPON OF KNIGHT."
02-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Bevill shrugged.

"Make your own decision, then. We'll be arriving in West Texas in ten minutes, so I advise you make it fast," Bevill said, shaking his head. "I must make preparations of my own. I have something that should function as a bomb. Not quite a nuke, but damaging enough."

He walked off to his office.
02-07-2018, 01:53 PM
"I think she made her choice. There's a reason why she checked with... whatever, and asked it be a last ditch plan."

Simon pauses for a moment.

"Maybe it's a dumb idea, but whatever powers that be said Rainwalk would be safe right, and the AI is rounding up people instead of just killing them? Could we help the robots gather people somehow, get the entire basin into the city and stop the flooding from killing them?

Probably wouldn't have time to pull it off fully, but it'd be better than nothing. Worst comes to worst."

Simon's already about as ready as he can get, but he gathers up as many explosives as he can. The wall destroying kind, preferably.
02-07-2018, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 01:55 PM by MQuinny1234.)
Casey watched him go, then at the others in the Rec room. "We should keep brain-storming then, because I'm not going to tunnel us in there to die without a plan that promises some level of success. They've likely set up sensors or something down there too if they've bothered to protect from underneath. The only thing I've seen them have trouble with is magic, I don't see much else having a chance really." He said, moving to kneel down near the table again.

"If we could figure out how to minimise the loss of life somehow of the water plan, that would be great." He said, agreeing with Simon's direction.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Simon, back with what he needed (or not), finds Yasmine.

"How quickly would the flooding happen? How severe? Would there be time to get people out who weren't in Rainwalk?"
02-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Soon enough, Emily finished healing Adrasteia, and she woke up, looking around the room as she did so. She was still covered in dried blood and the ruins of her armor.
02-07-2018, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 03:32 PM by Kocel.)
"FUCKING SNAKE, HE PLANNED TO TELL US TOO LATE TO DO ANYTHING, HE HAD THIS PLANNED"

He rushes over to Maria with a pen and paper, scrawling furiously.

"-Hey I'm dropping my bullshit because you're about to sign my wil as a witness- and carry it out, at threat of haunting- but woooah your friend was messed up bad."

He doesn't stop writing in his notepad.
02-07-2018, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 03:58 PM by Kadis.)
Yasmine smiled back at Isidora, a little shakily but hey, decent effort all round. "Thanks again. I mean, like I said, I don't really get the Bible stuff? Honestly I spent most of my childhood thinking "Gladly the Cross I'd Bear" went "Gaddy, the Cross-Eyed Bear". I do get what you mean though, about being here for a reason anyways." She just hoped it wasn't the one she feared.

When Simon came up, Yasmine realized that she'd probably better ask some more questions of her friends if this was something they were considering (oh God, were they really considering this-?) and passed on his inquiries. She added a few of her own, too - how many of the creatures that could provide oxygen were there, and would they be able to help hold off the robots?
02-07-2018, 03:53 PM
There were somewhere around twenty of such creatures, they would not be able to help hold off the robots, and the flooding would happen hard and fast.
02-07-2018, 03:54 PM
Lux figured Siren would be safe if at least one other person was there to guard her from Isidora, so once she started answering Simon she went off to talk to her sister.

Invisibly, she drew the Dragonfly aside.
02-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Yasmine passed this information on to Simon! "The floods will happen fast, they say, and bad. I don;t know if we'd be able to get there in time. There's some creatures of theirs that I guess will... wake up, or something, but only about twenty. Enough for us, but not for everyone else."
02-07-2018, 07:00 PM
"I, MARCUS LOXLEY, being of sound mind and body, do declare upon my death that any finances remaining will be split between my family and Emma Parker, the latter being a troubled youth whom I was mentoring. I would also like ten thousand set aside for Old Man Jenkins, who has been a valued source of support in my life, despite not ever knowing anything about my personal hobbies. The contents of MY TOOL SHED will go to Emma as well, as well as any SPORTS EQUIPMENT I left behind. My projects with Burson Industries will go to Emily Lexington, to do with as she sees fit.

I wish, for my services in preserving the United States, including preventing a nuclear war, fighting an alien invasion, and resisting a robot menace (the latter which may end in my death), to be granted full presidential pardon of any pending criminal investigations and charges. I would very much like if an organization for rescuing and mentoring victims of childhood brainwashing and helping to reintegrate into society founded, not under my name, necessarily, but such a program needs to exist. Finally, I'd like for the government to step up any programs to combat white supremacy in all its forms. There is, of course, nothing I can do to ensure these conditions are met, I only hope that my service and sacrifice will be noted and appreciated.

Finally, I'd like to be brought back as a violent revenant of vengeance, because I don't trust KNIGHT or anyone to actually make good strides in the last two points above. I trust my more 'magical' friends to accomplish this, failing that, I'm sure some bored wizard out there will do that. If anyone reading this isn't in the know- yeah, magic is real, so are ghosts, and there's a murderous ghost mime out there to prove it-

Actual final note- wizards, there's a seal in Shermingham holding back a ridiculously powerful and bloodthirsty ghost, please check it every year to make sure it stays sealed. If anyone can destroy a ghost, please go destroy it. It only wants to kill. Please.

So I sign this will, with two witnesses,

UNDERSIGNED
Maria "Coyote" Forgotyourlastname -
Doctor Emily Don'tknowyourname, I realized you were here so I might as well have you sign this anyway-

P.S. Maria please help me make sure Devana doesn't die during this, maybe also if we can yank Lux out at last second that'd be nice, too, though she, like you, seems okay with the whole 'drowning a lot of people' thing so maybe it'll be alright."

"Yeah, so I need you to sign this. Doctor Lady, if you could sign this too, that'd be... Great? I guess? Also I'm going to give you a slip of paper with a name and address on it, I'll want you to seek them out after all of this but don't tell them or ANYONE I sent you. I'm serious, no one, no one can know I sent you to heal them. I'll write you into my will for a few grand if it helps."

Vigil extended the paper and pen to Maria.
02-07-2018, 07:15 PM
Maria sighed, relieved. She started helping Adrasteia sit up, grab her a washcloth maybe. “Well, no need to kill me, as far as I can tell. Here’s what’s happeni- What-“

Vigil what the fuck. She blinked rapidly, and then- “Wait, the names you’re putting on the list for her. Are those the ones you like, willed to me last time, what’s the deal with those?” She asked.

“... Vigil if you die here we’re probably dead too.”
02-07-2018, 07:19 PM
"Oh she gets one name, and it's one that NO ONE ELSE CAN KNOW."

Vigil crossed his arms.

"Listen, water is your thing? And you're a goddess now? If they decide to flood the whole thing, you'll pull through. I mean, unless you or some god buddy has a nice lesser-apocalyptic threat to counter this one."
02-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Emily was also helping out Adrasteia when Vigil barged in the door!

"...Going to do my best to not let anyone die here, but I guess I understand. Uhhh... So, the, uh, person. I'll do my best to help them too? After all of this? If we live?"
02-07-2018, 07:25 PM
"They have old wounds and need them healed. Physical ones, anyway. Make a believable excuse for how you found them, they're probably a well-liked member of their community."
02-07-2018, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 07:47 PM by Corn.)
Maria... did a fifty-fifty signal with her hand. “... You’re overestimating me a lot here. And underestimating my refusal to come out of this alone. But uhh. Right. Lemme...”

Hey. A goddess of death (sorta) could oblige this. She read through it quickly, and scribbled on it a little. She put in Emily and her full names (initialling them for legal acceptance of edits- Wait, she was a wanted criminal, could she even do this legally anyway- you know? Whatever), and then signed, dated, and initialed her part.

“... Can’t do anything about your soul, in that regard, so good luck with that eventually, but... Alright. Don’t die unless we’re fucked though, or I’ll find the afterlife you’re in and wring your damn neck. Which will still hurt. Standard threat for people thinking they can die on me.”

“... Holy shit you’re serious about this one.” She said quietly, glancing down at his NAME right THERE.

... Loxley huh, Robin Hoodlum?
02-08-2018, 03:49 AM
"No one has any way to warn the people and not the robots? Or even to find out how many people are still alive in the basin? The Streak could single handedly save most of them if we could get our hands on him probably. Can we magically contact him? I guess there's not much use for long range communication spells these days with the advent of mobiles, and there's no guarantee he's alive or could make it here."

Casey leaned back against the coach and groaned. So little information or known possibilities. "Suppose we can't just sell our souls or something?" He threw out there, glancing at The Demon. Was that racist to ask them? Rude probably to assume, but whatever. "The Raven could do invisibility too right, or shadows or something anyway, so in terms of entering the base or something, maybe we could fly reaaaally high over and featherfall invisibly down? Split the team in two for a pronged attack, or would that be worse?

02-08-2018, 06:46 AM
"I've thought of trying to get in touch with people, I could maybe even pull together some support to help rescue people though unless Max and Emily have a way to do that without alerting the AI it wouldn't help."

If Max or (robot) Emily were around, he'd look at them.

"Is there?"
02-08-2018, 12:55 PM
"I'm not an actual demon," the Demon said, sounding like she was rolling her eyes. "Unless you think Coyote is an actual coyote, Vigil is an actual candle, Nine is the actual number nine, the Raven is an actual bird, and Solar Flare is an actual solar flare?"

"Probably," Nick Urias joked.

Emily, meanwhile, looked to Simon.

"Pulling off a massive evacuation operation in enemy territory without the enemy noticing sounds nigh impossible," she said. "Particularly with no real manpower."

Finally, Adrasteia climbed out of bed. She was about a foot taller than Emily.

"Thanks for the help," she said to Emily. "If you ever need help, just call. I'll be there."
02-08-2018, 01:48 PM
"I was pretty certain Nine wasn't the original number Nine, only since I heard Nine got ate by Seven, a true loss to the community due to some madness about how Seven wanted to become the new Nine." Casey answered, holding up his hands defensively against Demon's tirade. "I'll take this bullying as a no to my questions, yes?" He said, obviously taking it in good humour.

"If we attack before the flooding plan goes off, assumedly at least we'd hamper any attempts the robots would use to minimise the damage to their base, setting up sealed rooms, moving the AI brain, stuff like that. Hard to swiftly prepare for mass flooding when a bunch of angry maniacs are shooting up your place, so there's a benefit to us going in and getting ourselves killed at least. Makes it easier for Team B."

02-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Max looked up at Simon.

"In ten minutes? Unless you're hiding a massive fleet of evacuation ships or teleporters or something like that there's no way for me to save those people."

The one, the only, Vancho!