Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
08-13-2018, 01:35 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"Have you been drinking?" Mason asked.
08-13-2018, 01:40 PM
"Mmm, okay, well, sure. Fair enough." He said, stepping in and looking back at Isidora , kinda blankly for a moment before his brain recognised her properly. "Oh, Isadora...I've just realised now that I'm looking at you that that isn't quite your name, is it? I've been doing...This is a sitting down topic, come in, come in." He said, beckoning her and the outside inwards. "Throw us a couple of those, writey order things would yah? We'll take them down for you." He said, moving to a booth and, after testing, sitting down.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-13-2018, 01:45 PM
"Noo! Of course not!" Protested Lux. "Oh. Wait. No. Yes! Yes. I had three!"
08-13-2018, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 01:51 PM by Cidellus.)
The crew would get their orders and bring them promptly. The service would probably be pretty good, considering they were the only ones there right now. The place also had a full bar, which would be nice.

The waitress and hostess quickly pushed together a bunch of tables to make one big table for everybody, which would work out pretty well! All the other people (meaning the NPCs) went inside to find seats and figure out their orders.

"Okay, maybe going to the Lenny's party isn't such a great idea?" George suggested.
08-13-2018, 01:53 PM
"Whaaaaat!? Why! Did something happen??" She jumped up, drawing her darker than dark doom sword.
08-13-2018, 01:57 PM
"No! Just...you seem a bit...uh...drunk?"
08-13-2018, 01:59 PM
"Huh? Oh, right!" The sword went away. "That's ok! Maria said we'd get drinks so it's fine!"

She looked back to the manifest spot. "...I hope they didn't get lost, though! They're taking a long time..."
08-13-2018, 02:04 PM
They probably weren't coming.

"Who? Can you even bring people from there?" George asked.
08-13-2018, 02:07 PM
"Oh. Huh." Lux looked stumped, like she hadn't actually thought about it. "I...I don't know! Maybe! Maybe not, though. Oh! I should leave a note in case they come---" She looked around for all of five seconds before deciding she didn't see anything. Whereupon, she manifested a knife and carved some alien letters into the ship's wall. "There! All set!"
08-13-2018, 02:07 PM
"You are very white and mispronounced it, as I am not, in fact, a Door, but I appreciate it none the less." She smiles and sits with him. "Have you made good on your promise?"
08-13-2018, 02:09 PM
Casey stared blankly at her. Thinking rapidly!...

Okay, he'd been to prison, he was a criminal, he'd done spy related shit, he felt he had enough tangentially related shit to be able to get away with this. Just needed the right level of confidence, moxy, and nonchalance.

"Yes."

Nailed it.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-13-2018, 02:22 PM
"It's out there," George said. "I should probably stay here and watch the ship."
08-13-2018, 02:23 PM
"Pffft, like anyone's gonna steal the ship! C'mon! Let's go!!"
08-13-2018, 02:24 PM
"It's big and looks valuable. Best that I stay here. Keep watch."
08-13-2018, 02:27 PM
"There's a party! You can't just stay behind by yourself! C'mon!" And so Lux grabbed him by the arm, and pulled George along with her to the Lenny's party. (Pause for other people to RP....Before she makes her entrance....)
08-13-2018, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 02:29 PM by Protoman.)
"Mm." She frowns. "There's no reason to lie, Mr. Kane. We've faced the end of the world. It's not as if I'm going to kill you where you stand."
08-13-2018, 02:31 PM
"The fact you assumed that was the worst case scenario I assumed is a little worrying though. But yeah, I forgot what you're talking about."

08-13-2018, 02:37 PM
She sighed.

"The promise to try and be a better person. To try and pursue righteousness instead of selfishness."
08-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Maria stretched, stepping out of the chariot with the god clique. Thanks Apollo! She left most of her armor on the chariot, figuring that nobody was gonna STEAL from the FUCKIN CHARIOT parked at the Lenny’s. Still stomping around in those cool boots though. This was good. This would do for her desire for breakfast foods. She’d make sure to stick the tab on Adrasteia with a promise to get her back when she had like money again. Yuck.

Yeah, she went inside and said hi to the wait staff and took a seat next to Kane!
08-13-2018, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2018 02:44 PM by MQuinny1234.)
"Oh thaaaaat." Hmm.

"I'm taking steps. Two forward, two back at times, but steps." He said, taking a napkin and shredding it idly.

He looked up, and budged down the seat to make room. "Sup Maria. Still around then?"

08-13-2018, 02:59 PM
“Heyyy.” Maria sighed as she did the seat scooch (being on the booth side of the giant table was the best and she decided she just lived there now.) “Yup. Still weird. Think that’s just how it’s gonna be for a bit.”

She looked up at Isadora across the table and smiled, glad she was making friends. Was she still like. All bloody and shit? In the Lenny’s?
08-13-2018, 03:14 PM
SHE HASN'T EXACTLY GOTTEN A SHOWER.

"Progress is progress, then. As long as you're working towards good, and rejecting the path of evil, I'm proud of you."

She smiles at Maria. "What's odd, exactly? I feel I've missed something."
08-13-2018, 03:25 PM
“Died for a few weeks, didn’t really figure I’d be here is all.” Maria waved her hand like psht. Not a big deal. “We talkin’ about rejecting the path to evil? Well I want in, what’s the good news?”
08-13-2018, 04:19 PM
As they all settled in, Nick Urias went over to Marcella and said something to her. She nodded and teleported away a few moments later.

A few moments after that, she teleported back into the Lenny's. With Emily the Healer!
08-13-2018, 04:24 PM
Emily the Healer, who just looks...

Like, real fuckin' tired. She's got a disheveled look about her, and needless to say she's not in her usual doctor getup. More of a tank top and sweatpants sort of look. She looks distinctly ready for some fuckin' shitty 2 am breakfast.
08-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Woah. That. Was really cool. “Doc! You...” Did she get woken up for this? Did she WANT to come here when she could be asleep? That was cute. “You look surprisingly good actually, that’s nice, come sit!”

She waved, and pointed at a spot next to Isidora so it wouldn’t be a weird seating scenario. A good table full of annoying questionable people.
08-13-2018, 05:02 PM
Emily gives Maria a tired wave and sits down! She yawns and stretches her wings to their full span. But, like, without even hitting anything. She's had time to practice!

"Hey, Maria. Hey, everyone. Been a while. ...I'm gonna guess all of you have something to do with... God showing up? Unless you all have regular Lenny's parties and you never invited me before."
08-13-2018, 05:43 PM
"The good news? Well, I suppose that's Casey's news to share. I just was checking in on a promise he made to me last time we met - to try and be a better person."

She looks up. "Ah - Emily, good to see you." She smiles. "Has the world treated you kindly?"
08-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Emily makes a sort of "ehhh" gesture with her hand. "I can't really complain, getting to help people like I do. It's just... constantly exhausting, really. Good to see you too, Isidora."
08-14-2018, 01:09 AM
Desmond had taken off his hazmat suit, he had most of his costume on under neath it but when he thought to put the mask on he hesitated.

"Fuck it, its not as if this is my real face anyway." he muttered before meeting up with his mother and going in to order.

08-14-2018, 03:34 AM
Casey deliberately didn't answer anything, happy to take the distraction of more people entering. "Hey Doc."

He leaned past to glance at the hazmat dude with feathers sticking out of his costume. "Weird. Anyway, yeah, lot of crazy godling shit went down and woke up a big God or something. All worked out anyway more or less, not sure if it turned out better than it would have, but eh."

08-14-2018, 05:23 AM
“I dunno, I like the narrative that we just crash Lenny’s sometimes. God was like, hey, douchebags, you forgot to invite the doctor every time, and we all, individually, were like, shit. Someone grab her, we’ve been real oafs.”

Maria kinda glanced at the Raven as he entered- shit? Why was he bloody?? He didn’t have that when she left?? Mm. So that was the Raven’s face. That was Dezzie. Huh. Really didn’t peg him for that sort of look.

She suddenly felt awful for the people who worked here. What a mess.
08-14-2018, 08:09 AM
"I can understand that. Acting in service of one's fellows is rewarding, but it can hardly be called easy work. Regardless, I'm glad it's let up long enough for you to join us. Your presence is very, very welcome."

Isidora gives Emily a warm smile, but she doesn't let Casey slip loose!!!

"So Mr. Kane - you were saying?"
08-14-2018, 08:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 09:34 AM by Galloglasses.)
Desmond, frankly feeling like treating himself, orders himself double pancakes, extra syrup, three eggs sunny side up, a batch of sausages, five pieces of toast, extra butter, all the bacon, six waffles, more syrup, a gallon of coffee and sweet tea on the side. He then paid, waited for his serving, took it to an empty seat at the big table close by the windows as he waited for Marcella to order and sighed.

"Nothing like a good apocabreakfast in the morning." He said, 'It isn't morning,' someone somewhere said, he didn't bother to turn towards the voice, "Its morning somewhere."

He proceeded to scarf it down like a man who hadn't eaten in weeks.

08-14-2018, 10:23 AM
"I wasn't. I'm getting a drink, drinks? Drinks?" He asked the table, standing up. "I could get a little sloshed myself, gonna get a whiskey."

08-14-2018, 10:37 AM
... Desmond had the right idea. ..... Twelve waffles. That was what she needed, and damn if she wasn’t going to go ask for it. She put her order in, and paused.

“... I can’t believe we all deal with a bunch of dead people and angels and talk to God, but what really gets us is that we decide to end it all at a Lenny’s. Uhh. Screwdriver. Double. We’re having breakfast together and eating breakfast with other people instead of on your own means... juice. Heathen.”

She smiled, finding it kinda funny how rabidly he was trying to dodge the question, and looked back over to Emily. “If we don’t get booted out for scaring the waitstaff, this should be a thing we do. Goodness knows at the rate we’re going, some galaxy eating monster is gonna start swallowing the universe up in four years. You up for that? I’m already getting like, stress ulcers thinking about it.”
08-14-2018, 11:26 AM
Outside, a man in a hooded green rain parka is eyeing that chariot from the top of a mud-splattered motorcycle. He lifts the ski-goggles that had been secured the hood in place against the winds.

He seems to consider pilfering some weapons from it, particularly any archery related ones, before a flying horse snaps at him. He instead parks his bike and heads towards the entrance.
08-14-2018, 12:07 PM
Before he gets there, from the ship, he hears a strangely resonant voice. A familiar voice. "Don't be such a stick in the mud! It's a party!"

Lux is exiting the Sun Chariot, from the top deck. She seems to be dressed in (mildly bloodly) under-armor of some sort, with her glowing halo and face mask doing a fine job of announcing her location in the dark. Locked in a mobile, friendly? chokehold is a man in tactical gear. KNIGHT, perhaps?

"Readyyyyy??" She asks him, as she drags him to the edge of one of the ships' decks. "Onetwothreejump!" A pair of glowing wings erupt from her back, and she jumps off the deck of the ship, in what is, thanks to the weight of her companion, a barely controlled fall. They land in the mud. The edgy, super powered teenager is laughing her ass off.
08-14-2018, 12:09 PM
The hooded figure sighs loudly and slinks to hide in a bush until they pass.
08-14-2018, 12:18 PM
George groaned a bit as he got to his feet, also covered in mud.

"Yeah...yeah no I'm good..." he said, climbing to his feet. "I'm fine..."
08-14-2018, 12:24 PM
The bush stood by the front door, bushily.
08-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Lux pushes herself up with her extra limbs, and takes two steps forward before declaring that they can't go in covered in mud!!! To which she ignores her companion's suggestion that they go get clean and maybe sober up, and she instead covers them both with illusions.

Someone kicks open the door to the Lenny's.

It's Lux.

She's wearing a dress. It's bright. It's frilly. It has big, stylized stars on it. It looks like it could have come out of an 80s prom--but not in an utterly irredeemable way. It's shifting color way too fucking often, though; arghghgh. She seems to be trailing glitter. And that's not all she's trailing---or, dragging, rather. Her companion appears to be in elaborate full plate armor---only with glittery shutter shades on over the helm.

"Heyyyy! Party at the Lennys!"
08-14-2018, 12:29 PM
"Oh God..." the plate armored man could be heard grumbling.
08-14-2018, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2018 01:32 PM by Kocel.)
The cloaked figure leaves his bush and sneaks around back to enter through the service entrance, deftly avoiding the service staff in the process. He obtains a decanter of syrup on the way, then slips into a seat at the table that Doctor Emily was stationed at.

"Did you ever help that person I told you about?"

Vigil makes no effort to explain who he is, figuring it'd be obvious. He starts drizzling syrup over the plate of six waffles he'd swiped from the table of some vaguely-bird themed man he had slinked by on the way to his seat.

He grabs the waffle by a clean corner and bites into it like a piece of syrupy toast.
08-14-2018, 12:39 PM
Lux took two steps into the Lenny's before gasping and putting her hands up to her face, dropping her hostage in the process. "MARIAAAAA" She yelled. "I knew you'd be here!"

She then launched herself across the room like a goddamn homing missile, latching onto Maria in an actual, honest to god hug.
08-14-2018, 12:40 PM
Emily orders a lot of coffee and no less than two omelettes.

"Much as I can hope that the world won't be put in peril for a while... call me if it is? Wouldn't want to miss out on it." Emily begins liberally applying hot sauce to her breakfast. "Or we could just... do this without averting the end of the world first. I don't-"

Emily is, of course, interrupted by a sudden entrance from a certain someone. Which, during the writing of that sentence, was obviously Lex, but now I have to specify. It's Lex.

"Oh, hey, Lux. Good to see you've gotten dressed up for breakfast."

And then Vigil also walked in to talk to her, okay, sure. "Uh, yeah. I did," she says in response.
08-14-2018, 12:44 PM
"Burn the paper. If you haven't already."

Vigil grabs a menu and browses it.

"What's... Normal people food... Sandwiches are normal people food, right?"
08-14-2018, 01:00 PM
“Oh, you know it. I’ll actually have to get your nummmmmm-“ It’s ok Doc because you’re not the only one getting intereupted by Lux.

Maria defensively raised her arms up in front of her face, being caught without armor- oh god was she going to start a brawl RIGHT HERE? Her sister had worked at one of these for a long time and she’d come home with crazier stories, but this still wasn’t-

WHY WAS SHE WET NOW? Why did Lex smell like fruit? Why was this a hug and not- Well it could still turn into a suplex but still. Was that Vigil? Was that Vigil in the Lenny’s speaking in his normal voice? It had to be. She didn’t like this. She kind of liked that this was a hug, but she didn’t like the rest of it (oh gross it was mud what) and was deeply suspicious. She kind of. Unclenched her fists, and since her arms were kind of squished between them she gave Lex a little pat pat on the shoulder. “Uhhhh- Hey, Lux, can, why don’t you, sit here, I thought you were going to space...?”
08-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Once Maria motioned Lex started climbing under the table to get into the booth RIGHT NEXT TO HER. Anyone already sitting there be damned."I did!! I went! I'm back for your party!"

Once seated, Lux lounged, leaning her head up against Maria's shoulder, shoes on the seat. Her shroud started taking over hug duty, wrapping around Maria and coalescing into hardlight tendrils as she looked at the menu. "I want...Better music! Put better music on!" She yelled back to the wait staff.

"Hiiiiiiiiiii! Emilyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"
08-14-2018, 01:16 PM
"Yeah gimme a... Fried Cheese Melt."

Vigil placed an order with a no-doubt frightened wait staff.

"Also some coffee. Black."

When the wait staff left, Vigil deftly reached over to grab some jam packs to put in his pockets.

"Something tells me I'm going to wish I drank by the end of this."