Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
08-16-2018, 03:00 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Isidora taps healer-Emily on the shoulder.

"Would you like to engage in terrible electronic music games?"
08-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Maria stepped to the side and like, from behind Max, made a series of faces and gestures like ‘Have fun with your BOOOOOYFRIIIIIIEND ADRASTEIAAAAAA’, and left them to go to the arcade. Cool rave? She didn’t have any quarters, so she mourned that and went to go see what was up with the Pool People.
08-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Vigil sighed, dumped some sugar packets into his pocket, and got ready to follow the recording employee.
08-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Max gave Maria a weird look at the faces and gestures and looked back to Adrasteia.

"We haven't talked in a while. What's been going on in your life?"

The one, the only, Vancho!
08-16-2018, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2018 03:05 PM by Corn.)
She did it behind him! So he wouldn’t see!!! Damn it! Foiled! By the simple act of turning a little.
08-16-2018, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2018 03:05 PM by Cidellus.)
The employee stopped recording before he got to the arcade, then started typing on his phone idly.

Adrasteia gave Maria a LOOK as she left the room. It was a very unimpressed one.

"My mother died, I fought in a civil war against my family, then met God. So, you know, not much."
08-16-2018, 03:32 PM
Emily looks over at Isidora. She sure is a bit overwhelmed by everything that is happening! Almost like the person writing her can't keep up with threads very well.

"Electronic... oh! Yeah, sure. Why not?" Emily stands up from the muddy booth! It's time to be bad at games.
08-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Lux fished the Hippo out, and triumphantly presented it to Emily!
08-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Emily took it, smiling.

"Thank you," she said. "It's quite nice."
08-16-2018, 03:51 PM
Isidora leads her over to the DANCE GAME and starts up some OBNOXIOUS J-POP. She does her BEST TO DEFEAT THIS OPPONENT.
08-17-2018, 10:55 AM
"It is pretty cute!" Lux agreed. "Though if this is the peak of the Lenny's experience...I may have just crushed it?" Even as she declared victory over the Lenny's, Lux seemed underwhelmed. The entire Lenny's experience was not as fantastic as she remembered Maria promising, even with the effects of alcohol.
08-17-2018, 01:05 PM
Yeah actually Maria decided she wanted to spectate the dance battle because Pool was something to do but it was also kinda boring. “Picked out a favorite?”
08-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Emily is, quite honestly, pretty bad at electronic dance entertainment games, but dammit, she's going to try! And try not to flail her wings around like a dumbass while doing it.
08-17-2018, 01:57 PM
Max chuckled.

"Not much, that's an understatement. Why don't we go grab drinks?"

08-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Vigil shadowed the employee to see if there was a good spot on the way to the arcade to steal his phone and whisper sweet nothings/threats into his ear.
08-17-2018, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2018 02:30 PM by Cidellus.)
Vigil succeeded in snatching his phone, causing him alarm before Vigil put him in a headlock and pulled him into a shadowy unlit part of the Denny's devoted to storing janitorial equipment.

He found that the man, however, had sent the video off to somebody else! Along with the message <OMG! HEROES ARE HERE!!!>.

"I'm good. Just hanging out," said Adrasteia, sitting back down in her booth. "Thanks, though."

"We should go for a walk," suggested Emily.

Isidora and Emily played their dancing game! In the end, Isidora won, but Emily put up a good effort!
08-17-2018, 02:23 PM
"Change of scenery? Hmm...." She considered, and an impish grin spread across her face. "Yeah, alright! Let's go!"

And then everything vanished. Which is to say, Lux and Emily vanished, and the arcade went back to normal.

The front door of the Lennys made a slight sound, but didn't appear to move at all.
08-17-2018, 02:39 PM
"No worries! See you around."

Max went to the bar and ordered a whiskey sour.

08-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Vigil messaged #Hero with the person's number.

"LISTEN KID, DON'T MIND FANS, BUT SOME OF THE PEOPLE HERE COULD HAVE A LOT OF TROUBLE IF VIDEO OF THIS GOT INTO THE WRONG HANDS. I'M DELETING THE FOOTAGE AND YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PHONE BACK, DON'T TAKE ANY MORE AND WE'LL BE FINE. TRY ASKING FOR AUTOGRAPHS INSTEAD. IT'LL RESULT IN LESS HEADLOCKS, PROMISE."

Vigil deleted the video, pat the guy on the head, and handed it back before pulling out his own.

<'Sorry, hard to text while headlocking waitstaff. Guy took footage of the group at Lenny's and sent it to a friend. Don't want people here worrying about their conversations being used against them later. Didn't tell them because this is supposed to be a celebration, and the only person here who should be on edge should be me, because I'm always on edge anyway. Appreciate the help.
Also there's footage of Lux being drunk in there, and you should definitely trim that out for blackmail on her later. There's a part where she pours wine on a waffle. If we edit it to some goofy music or make a GIF out of it that'll probably keep the kid off the sauce, if the hangover doesn't.'>
08-17-2018, 03:22 PM
So much disaster that Maria wasn’t aware of happening at once! “Nice!”

She gave the competitors a good round of applause, appropriate fanfare.
08-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Max's drink was poured for him by one of the poor Lenny's employees.

"OH MAN I'M GETTING PUT IN A HEADLOCK BY VIGIL THIS IS SO COOL," was the kid's main response to all this.

<Done.> was #Hero's reply to Vigil.
08-18-2018, 09:31 AM
"YEAH YEAH, DON'T CALL THE COPS AND PLAY IT SMART FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, AND YOU WON'T BE THE FIRST PERSON TO GET A SWIRLY FROM VIGIL, EITHER."

Vigil paused.

"ACTUALLY YOU COULD BE WEIRD AND WANT THAT, LISTEN, I DON'T WANT TO THREATEN YOU WITH ACTUAL VIOLENCE BECAUSE YOU DON'T SEEM LIKE A NAZI AND THIS IS A CASUAL GET-TOGETHER, AND NORMAL PEOPLE DON'T THREATEN PEOPLE WITH ACTUAL VIOLENCE AT CASUAL GET-TOGETHERS. JUST DON'T CAUSE ME ANY TROUBLE AND I WON'T TOSS YOUR PHONE IN A DEEP-FRYER."

Vigil stopped headlocking the kid and exited the janitor's closet, going over to inspect this 'arcade.'
08-18-2018, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2018 12:00 PM by Galloglasses.)
"Hey you, shouty." Raven said, taking another swig of vodka as Vigil came in and he lost his last life on the zombie shooter, Casey beating his score by a lot. "20k says I can beat you at DDR"

Desmond has never danced in his life.

08-18-2018, 12:05 PM
"WHAT'S-" Vigil coughed, "What's a DDR?"

Vigil came over and surveyed the machine, with it's arrows and electronic music.

"... Oh, some sort of agility reflex game, huh? Can't be harder than dodging bullets. Sure, I could use the cash."

Cold sober Vigil prepared to use his reflexes and child soldier training for what it was certainly intended for.
08-18-2018, 12:09 PM
Isidora and Emily having their dance off was pretty good, but a dance fight between Vigil and the Raven was probably the most exciting thing she could possibly imagine happening here. Ever. A historic battle. A real war of the age. She stuck around to spectate.

A small blob of vodka slipped out of Desmond’s bottle and casually flew away from him. Wherever would it go. Who could say.
08-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Casey tried to do a gun twirl, smirking, but it obviously didn't work due to the cord attached to the gun. Who's the dude? He's the dude. Well, so long as not compared to the maniacs like Vigil and Isidora anyway. He did pick up the other gun and tried to keep going, sticking his tongue out in concentration for a couple more rounds.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-18-2018, 12:15 PM
"Awesome." Drunk Raven said as he went over to the DDR, waiting for the others to vacate it before taking his place.

08-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Isidora wipes sweat from her brow and dismounts, looking to Raven as she does.

"Ah. You were the one who called me over in the first place, yes?" Pause. "Ceridwen is well, if it's any comfort to you."
08-18-2018, 01:21 PM
"Good, I'm glad."

08-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Maria actually went out into the diner to announce that “The most ridiculous dance battle of our lifetimes” was about to go down, to all the assorted superpeople who otherwise wouldn’t have known this was going on. So everyone could be doing something together and not just drinking alone/hanging out in their booths/still eating Hector Jesus Christ where do you put all that man. This was important y’all. Bring ya butts over. She physically dragged Adrasteia if she had to, SO IMPORTANT was this.
08-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Many of the other people in the Lenny's came to watch, including Adrasteia, cell phone guy, Ulrika, Nick Urias, Marcella, and others!

The dance battle started to some obnoxious pop song, and the battle raged.

Desmond did pretty good for being drunk, but Marcus was far better, and ended up actually getting a very high score!

Marcus was the victor!
08-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Isidora comes out to see. Fuck it.
08-18-2018, 01:53 PM
"Fuck me." Desmond says. Then he rummages in one of his costumes MANY pouches and pockets for a quarter. "Best two out of three!"

08-18-2018, 01:56 PM
"Yeah, sure, I can keep going."

Vigil whipped off his poncho, now warmed up by the initial bout.
08-18-2018, 02:11 PM
And so Vigil and the Raven went at it again, dancing to some peppy rock song from the 80s.

And Vigil yet again won! Handily, though both were a bit sloppier this time. Desmond actually stumbled off the DDR board at one point.

Not the best honestly.
08-18-2018, 02:12 PM
“WHOOO!”

The only thing better than playing DDR well was playing DDR TERRIBLY whilst inebriated.
08-18-2018, 02:13 PM
"Ugh, damn." he said rubbing his face and looking forlornly at the empty vodka bottle. He put the bottle on the stand nearby, and began patting down his costume, pulling out entire rolls of hundreds and starts counting them out. "One, two, three, four..."

08-18-2018, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2018 02:31 PM by MQuinny1234.)
Fuck, well, alright then. Casey holstered the plastic guns, his zombie bloodlust sated, and moved up to join the line for the DDR showdowns.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-18-2018, 02:33 PM
"Oi, Maria, you want to go?"

08-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Maria laughed; sadistically pleased watching Desmond shell out. Hubris was always wonderful. “Shit- dunno, you sure you wanna lose face twice tonight?”

A very toothy grin that woman had. “Can’t play for money though, only honor. Didn’t bring my quarters and betting money to the end of the world.”
08-18-2018, 02:39 PM
"Its not like I'm going to show up at your door and shake you down, come on, easy 20k best two out of three."

08-18-2018, 02:48 PM
“Raven, I’m almost offended. I’m a Knight of arcade dancing. I’m trying to save your honor here, and you’re trying to just give me money like a dancer of ill repute...”
08-18-2018, 02:53 PM
"Exactly."

08-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Maria gasped, throwing a hand to her heart. “I can’t believe this. The fucking gall.

This was stupid. Maria you don’t gamble like this. Maria you’re like dead and you’re not sure if your dough’s still on that plateau. Maria, apparently you’re a lightweight. “You’re warmed up? Love the odds, you’re on.”
08-18-2018, 03:00 PM
"I was busy guzzling vodka while dancing last time, this time I'm focused, come on!"

08-18-2018, 03:02 PM
And so they went up on the dance floor and started dancing, with Desmond putting up an admirable fight against Maria.

But she, simply put, was not as drunk as he was. Her reflexes were on point, while he was dancing around with a belly full of vodka.

Twice they battled, and twice she beat him.

Desmond owed another 20k.
08-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Raven sighed. Patted another pocket, took out a few more rolls. "One, two, three..."

08-18-2018, 03:15 PM
It wasn’t fair. Maria was kind of a DDR champion. This wasn’t the first Hero of Earth she’d unfairly destroyed in this game. “STILL GOT IT!”

Yeah, she took her prize. And she gave Desmond a good-hearted jock-smack on the back. A good sport was she. “That was pretty sick for a bottle down!”

As the battles raged on, Maria went up to the counter and asked for a couple paper bags. Half of it went in one, half in the other, and she went to go find Raven’s mom.
08-18-2018, 03:40 PM
Raven's mom had watched the DDR battles, and was now seated at the counter eating some fries. She looked over as Maria approached.

"Oh hey!" she said.
08-18-2018, 03:50 PM
“Hi! You’re Raven’s mom, right?” Maria confirmed, taking the seat next to her. She borrowed a pen and wrote a hasty note on the inside of one of the bags.

<Hey bud, you were kinda wasted, only feels half-right to take your money. Won’t ask for your number tonight since you’re trashed, I should have a phone within a week, get the # from a mutual friend and drop me a message sometime.>

Signed with a little drawing of a coyote. Easy enough.

“A fun dude from time to time. I think he’s going to have a couple regrets in the morning, could I ask you to pass this back to him at some point?”