Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-26-2017, 06:08 AM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Well, if Maria is going to ask so nicely, who could turn her down?

That track record for wiping smiles off of faces remains. Valence's smile slips slowly at first, starting with the word 'beef' and only accelerating from there. Mainly at the words 'kill' and 'you' and then 'sketchy'. Also the word beans. Who says that? Who even uses that turn of phrase anymore? Spilled beans? It's a lot of diction Layla doesn't appreciate all at once and really quickly and with no way for her to wiggle out of it.

From behind her mask, her eyes narrow, jaw setting as she draws in a breath. Are her nostrils flared? Yeah, they are. Seems like Captain Lasers is a little bothered. Good job.
"My deal is that I'm here to help us try to divert the end of the world." There's a harshness to her tone that has her taking a steadying breath after. That's not fair, though. She can't bounce around it forever. After all, this girl just said she sacrificed people's souls or something? She could define herself without explaining her powers entirely.
Exhaling, she relaxes, the light around her hands fading. Seems she's acquiescing before even putting up much of a struggle.
"You're right, though. I've never been in a situation where I've needed to explain my powers to people. It's...difficult to find the words, so I avoided your question. Figured I'd be able to figure out what to say with a little time." With a tug at her lips, she shrugs. "I was wrong."

Maybe if she pads this exchange with more words, she can throw something together real quick! Yeah!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Bigshot - 01-26-2017 06:08 AM