Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-26-2017, 06:38 AM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
At least that grin makes Valence smile. Even if it is a sheepish, embarrassed sort of smile that has her rubbing at the back of her neck.

"Didn't know everyone and their mothers knew about me. Thought I was just a local gossip topic, not one that reached out to all the places you people are from." Now she's even more embarrassed. Also, she feels a little bit dumb? Just a little. Then again, she has been pretty hyper-focused on work, training, and punching gang dudes. Not a whole lot of time to look up articles on herself.

Clearing her throat, she seems to come to a conclusion, meeting Maria's eyes with her own determined about...something.
"It's not just lasers and flying, though. That energy has to come from somewhere, you know." Bless her heart, she manages to not look too uncomfortable. "That's why I didn't want to elaborate. You've got your souls and I've got..." She seems to struggle for the word, chewing on the inside of her cheek, "-- emotions." Which sounds really dumb, and the grimace she makes a second after displays her feelings on the matter pretty well. "Like-- empathy business. Drawing energy from my own feelings and converting it and...feeling out the emotions of those around me. Like a conduit. Or-or a channel." Or a vampire!

Congrats, Maria. You got Valence flustered and sputtering.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Bigshot - 01-26-2017 06:38 AM