Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-26-2017, 03:40 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Akira glances back and breathes through her teeth. Awkward. "Hey, I'd love to, but uh... Think arrow-boy needs a pep-talk. Gimme a bit."

She walks over to the targets, brings her to about half distance, pulls her shotgun, and starts practicing with it alongside the rest of them. Her aim is considerably worse than her compatriots. Plus, y'know, it's a fuckin' shotgun, but whatevs.

"Yo, uh, before you continue on with all that angel stuff, I got somethin' to say. I wouldn't normally butt in, but --- okay, no, that's bullshit, I totally would and I am." Might be rude, but it's all she knows how to do. Blunt, honest, to the point.

"My parents died when I was a kid. Stick with me here, not makin' it about me, I promise I've got a point for once. It sucked for me, but it was worse for my little sister, even if she didn't know it yet. See, she was only like, one at the time. She never got to know them."

ZAP.

"It was on the day they died that I realized how small she was. Like, even for a baby, she was kind of sickly. We lived with my aunt and uncle after that, but I swore to myself that I'd be the person to look out for her, first and foremost."

ZAP.

"I've been doing the whole 'parenting' thing since I was eleven. I'm not great at it, and there's probably gonna be a lot of therapy expenses in our future, but I'm doing the best I can, y'know? I'm teaching her to stand up for herself and fight for her values and not to let anyone kick her around, all that shit. She ain't gonna come out perfect, but I'm trying to make sure she knows how to survive in this fucked-up world."

ZAP.

"What I'm getting at is this: Kids are soft, squishy piles of Fun-Clay. There's a lot of ways you can fuck them up. The way you talk? Sounds like somethin' did a number on you."

ZAP.

"But that's not the end. Like, fuck, I don't know. I killed like, six cops last night, but here I am getting a second chance at life. Wherever you are, it's not too late to turn back. Just gotta make sure you take your chances when you've got them."

ZAP.

Akira lays her gun down across the counter and stares at the target. How the fuck had she missed like, half those shots? Whatever, not the point!

"Now seems to be one of those chances, yeah? You say you're a weapon and all that other dumb shit, but a weapon that points itself ain't called a weapon where I'm from. It's called a fighter. And if you point yourself at the right sorts of fuckos, then you're fighting for what's right. That's not the worst thing y'could be."

She sighs. "I'm just some shithead who fucks a lot of shit up and pretends she knows what the fucking fuck she's doing half the goddamn time. You might notta guessed it, but I'm kind of an idiot. That's got some bad sides, yeah, like you might completely decline my SAGE-ASS WISDOM because it's coming from straight out my ass, but bein' an idiot's got some good to it too. Once I'm your friend, I'll get into any suicidally stupid bullshit you need help with. Call me up sometime, yeah? Then maybe you'll start realizin' you aren't so alone, and you can start working past all the other shit you've got going down. If it makes you feel any better, my life's not exactly in all that much danger." She stretches her back out for emphasis.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Protoman - 01-26-2017 03:40 PM