Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-13-2017, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 06:27 PM by Protoman.)
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"Yeah! Yeah, I'm great. Just... Fightin' and punchin' and kickin' butt, y'know." Her voice cracked on that last bit.

"Nah, I'm not great. I almost died there. Like, a few times. More than usual? Closer to it than usual too?" She shakes her head. "I... I don't know if I can do that again. Face down death and all that. Like... Fuck, man. I've always rushed forward into the jaws of danger. Death was just somethin' that happened quick and fast, something that comes for everyone eventually, somethin' you can't run from and should just sorta live without giving a shit about. But..."

She took a deep breath. Goddamnit. There they went. The tears were flowin' hot and fast.

"But I saw it, there, and I'm scared. My brain started going so fast, pumpin' with fear and anger and MORE FUCKIN' ANGER. It was so much that it just... It stopped. I went on autopilot. I knew what I had to do and I shut my head down so I could do it. I don't know if I can make that choice again. Fuck. Jesus Fucking Shit-Balls Ass-Christ." She rubbed her forehead with the base of her hand. "I'm just... I'm such a goddamn coward. I'm so fucking lame. Like, what the fuck, y'know? I thought I was better than this."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Protoman - 02-13-2017 06:25 PM