Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-25-2017, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2017 08:02 PM by Kocel.)
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Vigil winces, despite having been hit MUCH harder before.

"I DIDN'T "TAKE IT OUT ON KIDS", THEY NEED TO UNDERSTAN-"

He notices Lux's expression before she hides it. He knows that look.

"... YOU WERE..."

He sighs, putting away his notebook, and putting a hand to his forehead.

"You were fighting in the war before you joined us, weren't you."

His voice is raspy, ragged by the strain of doing a shitty animalistic growling snarl for a full day, but it's surprisingly human. Surprisingly mundane. A little muted in emotion, but... Human.

"... Listen. Forget what I said. You can... You can deal with all that, it won't..."

It won't stick with you forever? The last kids he told that to knew it was a lie.

"...Kid, I know you're older than I was when... I went through conditioning... You should be alright," lie, but one he couldn't prove as false, at least, "Whatever happened when you were taking down the ship above your city, it wasn't your fault, alright? It's... It's the aliens' fault, it's the fault of people like us for not having a plan to take care of these things, but it's not your fault."

He shakes his head.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have assumed you were... I shouldn't have assumed you didn't see any one get killed. That was wrong of me. I'll leave you alone."

Stuff like this was why he didn't want his family to know his real self. He glanced to Akira, having registered most of her tirade.

"... Yeah, you're right. Not everyone works like me. That's what I want to preserve."

He leans back into his seat and closes his eyes, yet doesn't look very restful.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Kocel - 02-25-2017 07:18 PM