Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-25-2017, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 12:33 AM by Galloglasses.)
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
The Raven sat quietly, contemplating the Earth as the extremely heavy conversation continued. He waited for a quiet moment to speak

"You know..." Raven said, quietly petting Ceridwen in his lap to comfort her during the trip. "Perhaps it would do you all good to take a moment, in quiet peace, to simply appreciate and reflect what we have just managed to achieve, and the realisation we're amongst the privileged few of humanity to be flying through space. Look at that blue orb out there, that's still there, and its still our home. Because of you."

He said, turning to look at them with the giant red R on the front of his visor.

"I saw a man turned into a tiny statue, because of a debt. And it was my fault that happened to him." Raven confessed. "I have faked my death no less than twice, one man was blown up in front of me with a grenade because of me, there is a literal trail of mutilation and death in Solomon city because of a mistake made during one of my attempts to provide justice to the people of the city. I have involved myself in the machinations of the various criminal mobs of my city for the purposes of robbing them blind for my own personal gain and tolerated the existence of demons and black eyed warlocks, to the point I owe one a favour for saving my life and there is a book of unfathomably dark magic awaiting me in the cave in which I live that I am fighting off the daily temptation to read but cannot afford to let it out of my hands and into the hands of the unwary and unready. I have changed my face, consigned condemned souls of undead German swordmasters to an undeserved fiery second death." He looked down at Ceridwen as he scratched her. "And I am petting a man-eating royal shadowcat in my lap."

"Think about that, and then judge yourselves and realise that I am here too. We are all broken vessels, and we were the ones who were here when we were needed. You are not God, stop judging yourselves by your past, stop worrying about the future. You are all, despite your flaws, and despite all of your misgivings about yourselves and eachother, you are each and every one a hero today." he said, "So perhaps, the best thing you can do right now, is have the humility to take that for what it is and do not spurn it with your misplaced pride and despair. The Earth deserves better, you deserve better."

And with that, he turned back to contemplating the Earth, as he continued stroking Ceridwen in silence.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Galloglasses - 02-25-2017 10:41 PM