Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-26-2017, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 05:08 PM by Cidellus.)
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Presumably, everybody was then picked up by the helicopters.

A rather lengthy trip later, the helicopters touched down at an air force base a few miles from DC. The place was filled with helicopters and planes, many of which had visible damage. The airfield itself had a few craters, but was mostly operational. Everybody disembarked, and Hunter turned to look at them.

"Right, I'd love to keep you all around, keep you fighting, but you've fought enough I think," she smiled to them. "You've got families and friends to check on, and homes to return to. You aren't soldiers, but know that this country thanks you, and I thank you. Hell, the world thanks you. We'd all be dead, or dying, if not for you."

She smiled, nodding.

"So, once again, thank you. The President would be here thanking you himself if he weren't so busy."

Twelve separate helicopters were ready on the airfield.

"The airlines aren't running, obviously, and uh...nor are the bus lines or any other form of public transportation. So have a ride courtesy of the US Army."

She also gave her number to each of them. And a number that would let them call the President's office directly.

"In case you need to get in touch. Take care, okay?"

The group could continue chatting for as long as they liked. Once they were ready to return to their homes, they could hitch a ride home in one of the choppers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Cidellus - 02-26-2017 05:06 PM