Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-26-2017, 05:58 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
!!! Another little lady on the team! Cool to know. Maria squinted a little at the sacrifice thing, and with a wary grin, she nodded. "Take care!" She waved as Elena left!

And Akira. Why was everyone bringing it up. Jeez. "You stay safe too. Go make sure that sister's alright. You got me all worried for a second."

She smirked, and then she was sort of mostly done talking to people? She put all the stuff she took out of Tlalocan into the bin, along with the alien blood helmet. She made sure she had her guns and her knives and her personal helmet, and then almost got onto a helicopter.

One more thing.

She looked out to Raven. "Sorry about shooting your cat! I hope she doesn't like, hate me forever. Still not a warlock, by the by, so, if you need some help just hit me up I guess. Don't ghost please! Good luck out there." She waved, and then got into a helicopter.
02-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Maria took off!

"It's worth telling you all," said the KNIGHT agent. "That we're not taking the tech to be dicks. We got all this stuff under certain loopholes in alien patent and copyright laws, and we can only use this in very specific circumstances. If any of this stuff gets used outside specific parameters, Earth is going to suffer at least five more invasions like this one. We'd really rather avoid that."
02-26-2017, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2017 06:04 PM by Demonsul.)
"Oh, yeah, right," said Gabriel. He handed his gear off to the KNIGHT agent with the cart. "Don't want to start an intergalactic incident over tech that's all burnt out anyway."

He looked around at the group. "If any of you ever need my help, don't hesitate to contact me. Or if you just want an equipment upgrade. Or, Max, once you think about my offer. Or, hell, if any of you just want to talk! I look forward to hearing from you all again, once everything is settled."

He made his goodbyes with the colonel and the heroes who hadn't already left, climbed into the helicopter that would take him back to Pauldros, and decided to try and get some sleep on the way there. It'd probably be morning by the time he got there, and there'd be things that needed doing.
02-26-2017, 06:04 PM
"YOU KNOW, WE REALLY NEED TO PREPARE FOR THAT JUST IN CASE, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL SOME ASSHAT STEALS SOME AND HIDES ON OUR PLANET."
02-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Gabriel took off!
02-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Sharie had climbed off of the helicopter feeling a little woozy. Flying made her feel... awful. Still, she took a deep breath and a moment to steady herself. As she was finishing that up, a certain somebody approached her. Sharie looked over at Akira, respectfully listening to her.

"I... it's..." Sharie sighed. How could she put this? "It's like this... I don't think that... killing is good, but... I don't think you're a bad person..." She moved to run a hand through her hair in thought, then thought better of it. "I was... thinking about it earlier, and... you don't seem like the kind of person who kills to... kill." Sharie rubbed her arm.

"Sorry if... I'm assuming too much. But I um... I just think that you're... how do I... say this?..." She didn't want to offend. "I think that you're... better than you give yourself credit for..." Sharie smiled, though it was small, as her's tended to be it seemed. "But if it makes you feel better... you could sound a lot more like Vigil." She let out a quiet laugh.
02-26-2017, 11:14 PM
The Raven asked for a balaclava first before he removed his helmet, slipping it on as he took the helmet off in the shadow of one of the choppers before turning both it, the anti-psychic helmet and the plasma gun over.

"One question, I left a rather notable face helmet in the Pentagon, looks like a plague doctor mask. Any chance I could stop by there and get it first?""

02-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Casey gave Akira a simple fist bump. He was still holding a slight grudge but ideally he'd let it go.

He happily turned over all the alien crap and shit, whatever got this process going already.

"Right, so...Yeah, if you need help just..." Casey mimicked a ringing noise and put an imaginary phone to his ear.

"...Or something, I dunno. Good job team." He finished lamely, clearly incapable of putting much pep into that, and got onto a chopper.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
02-27-2017, 05:35 AM
"Oh, yeah, that'd be fine," Hunter said, nodding to Desmond.

Meanwhile, Casey got on a chopper and left.
02-27-2017, 05:45 AM
"Alright then, I'll take my leave."

02-27-2017, 05:47 AM
Desmond ALSO boarded a helicopter and took off!

Woo!
02-27-2017, 09:10 AM
Bigs honestly doesn't have enough excuses for why Valence keeps dipping in and out. Bigs just can't fucking keep up with this in the best of times because you all are only awake when she is asleep. It's something that haunts her daily and something poor Layla must suffer for. Rip.

With all the helicopters descending and taking off, though, it's hard not to dip back into reality again. It's also hard not to immediately realize how much her head hurt. God, this was something she needed to train for in case a team-up like this happened again. Though that would require multiple people to know her secret identity. Burt wouldn't be enough to overload her brain like these people did.

If he was even still alive, of course.

That thought makes her stomach sink, even as she takes the numbers Hunter so graciously offers them. Her throat is tight as she mumbles a thank you, one that falls on deaf ears as everyone around her talks, and moves on, and makes their little speeches and goodbyes.

And she's left staring! Just...watching. Watching, and feeling a little too much for her comfort.

Drawing in a sharp breath, Layla runs her fingers through her hair. Her curls stay in place for a single second, until she moves her hand away. Then they bounce forward again, refusing to do what she wants them to. Kinda like everything else in her life!

"I'll-- I-- I'll be going, too." Her voice cracks a total of three times in that short sentence, and she tries to clear her throat to make it a little better. Fruitlessly, of course. She's trying not to cry, after all. Clearing your throat doesn't help with that much. Especially not when you're as overloaded as Layla. "It was a pleasure-- an honour-- to fight with you all. Thank you for the opportunity, an-- and I wish you all the best." In an awkward, jerky motion, she bows her head to the heroes in front of her, her hands bunching up the fabric of her suit.
02-27-2017, 09:19 AM
Max hands over any alien tech on him (sorry Vigil!) and looks to everyone left.

"Thank you, all. Each and every one of you contributed something, and we saved the world together. If you need me, well, I gave out my number. Good luck, and so long."

He climbs into the chopper which has sig.

The one, the only, Vancho!
02-27-2017, 09:41 AM
Simon took off the heavy power armour helmet and hands it to the agent.

"Sorry, I had to abandon everything else on the mothership when it stopped working, so it all got destroyed in the explosion."

Unless anyone else needs or wants to talk to him he'd go back and get all of the stuff he left at the Pentagon and then gets on his way!
02-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Simon and Max both fucked off in their own respective choppers!
02-27-2017, 11:36 AM
"UH, HONOR TO FIGHT WITH YOU, TOO?"

Vigil looks around as Layla gives her bashful thanks.

"YOU WERE PROBABLY MORE TALKING TO EVERYONE ELSE, BUT WHATEVER."
02-27-2017, 11:40 AM
"Oh, uh." Layla looks around too, but only to properly detect who's speaking to her. "I- I meant everyone."
02-27-2017, 11:43 AM
"HUH, WELL, OKAY."

Vigil was sure she was just being polite.
02-27-2017, 11:47 AM
"It... it was nice... working with you as well." Sharie chimed in as well.
02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
So then Layla gives 'em all an even more awkward wave before getting into a helicopter to fly home! Gotta see what happened. See if her family/friends/Burt are alive.
02-27-2017, 12:07 PM
And so Layla got aboard a helicopter and left the airbase!
02-27-2017, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 02:22 PM by Whimbrel.)
Lex said her goodbyes in good order, even going so far as to add some magic sparkles to the fistbump she shared with the intense but supportive Akira.

All around, it had been an interesting sort of day.

Lex hopped on a helicopter.
02-27-2017, 02:11 PM
Lex departed on a helicopter!
02-27-2017, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 02:30 PM by Protoman.)

Akira can't help but laugh a bit at that last part. She's not sure if she believes Sharie, but she'd be lying if she said it didn't make her feel better.

"Hey, uh... Thanks. Like, legit. It means a lot." A smile. "Don't be a stranger. Call me, beep me, if ya wanna reach me."

Maybe she hadn't made friends with everyone here, but she'd made one, and a damn good one. She was more than happy with that.

"Aight, gotta head out before I make like Sharie n' get all sappy. Stay cool, y'all!"

With that, Akira hops up onto that helicopter, her head full of thoughts and her heart full of storms.
02-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Akira took off!

It was just Marcus and Sharie left.
02-27-2017, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2017 03:31 PM by SupahKiven.)
Sharie waved lightly at Akira as she boarded the helicopter.

"If you ever come to Paraselle Falls... just lemme know!" She called out, a small smile on her face. All that was left was her and...

"Um." She awkwardly scuffed her shoe on the ground. "...it was good working with you." She said. To be honest, she didn't have a lot to say to Vigil. Not because she didn't like him or anything, but he just... didn't seem like he needed to talk to her. "Sorry we didn't... do much together, I guess..." Sharie shrugged. "Good luck." With a small wave, Sharie boarded a helicopter. It was finally time to go home...
02-27-2017, 04:13 PM
Vigil looked around. Everyone had left.

"SO... UH... GUESS... GUESS IT'S JUST ME THEN. GUESS I'LL... JUST GO... YEAH... HEY, YOU GUYS GOT ANY PEANUTS ON THESE HELICOPTERS?"

And so Vigil left, leaving the airstrip desolate of manpain. A great tragedy.
02-27-2017, 04:14 PM
And so Marcus departed as well!

And it was the end of the adventure.
02-28-2017, 11:42 AM
[Image: WJx6Fc0.png]

I made some fanart of everyone's favorite character.
05-25-2017, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-25-2017 12:13 PM by Cidellus.)
I wrote a short story about Nick Urias.

NICK URIAS: PROBLEM SOLVER
VOLUME #1

Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea
March 28th, 2015

"Ugh," groaned Nick Urias, lifting his head up from the pillow. He was a Caucasian male of roughly average height with well-trimmed dirty blond hair and a bit of scruff on his face. He was also naked.

He glanced around the room. It looked nice, stately almost, with traditionalist East Asian furniture decorated with exquisite carving and gilding. There was a woman in bed with him, she was probably about twenty-five. Average in height, black hair, Korean by the look of her, and she was naked. A window was just beyond her with the curtains drawn.

Nick Urias rested his head back, trying to think. The last thing he remembered was partying in Vancouver. A lot of drinking, maybe some drugs...where the fuck was he?

He slowly, carefully climbed out of bed, his head throbbing. He lumbered over to the window and cracked the curtains, looking through.

He was in some kind of palace, and heavily-armed soldiers were patrolling the property. He recognized the uniforms from the news.

They were North Korean soldiers. He was in North Korea. He was in a palace in North Korea. With a woman he couldn't identify. Nick closed the curtains, bit his lip, and went to get dressed. Looking around for his clothes, all he could find was a ninja outfit and a pair of nunchucks.

Well, a wizard couldn't be picky. He got dressed in the ninja outfit, pulled on the boots that came with it, and concealed his face in the mask. As he did so, the woman began to stir and watch him get dressed.

"Good morning, Justin," she said, her Korean accent thick.

"Morning!" Nick said, slightly flustered, his Australian accent less thick as he raised his finger in confirmation. "Yes, Justin. That's my name."

She chuckled a little at that, smiling. "Last night was wonderful."

"I'm sure it was," he nodded, moving towards the door. "But I really must be going. A ninja's duty calls, you know how it is."

Her smile dropped as she began to frown. "But..."

Nick turned around. "But what?"

"You said you'd get me out of here. Get me out of the country," she said. "You said that was your mission."

Nick bit his lip, clenching his fists tightly in frustration. "Of course I did," he said through gritted teeth. "Miiight have overestimated my capabilities a bit there."

Her frown turned to a wrathful one as she sat up, glaring at him. "Justin, or whoever you are, if I'm caught after this I'll be executed. If you're caught period, you will also be executed. So you're going to get me out of here, or I'm going to scream. Really loud. So we both die."

Nick sighed, turning slowly to face her. "Have you ever held a gun?"

"No," she said.

"Have you ever stabbed a man?" he asked, hopeful.

"No," she said.

"Are you a quick learner?" he asked, holding up his arms in a hopeful manner.

"I like to think so," she said.

"Good enough!" he said triumphantly. "Get dressed, we're getting out of here."

He turned around to let her get dressed, cradling his head as he did so. God his fucking head hurt.

"Best get used to it, Nick. It's going to be a long day," he thought, preparing some spells.

A few minutes later, she was dressed in a rather nice black and green dress. Seemed to be primarily North Korean fashion with some Chinese and Western influences. She also had a pair of heels, but opted not to wear those. They probably weren't the best thing to escape a heavily-guarded mansion in.

"I'll be honest. I have no idea how I got in here, so we're going to fly by the seat of our pants on this one," Nick told her. "What's your name, anyway?"

"Eom Hyo-Seon," she told him. "I'm married to Kim Chi-Won. What does 'fly by the seat of our pants' mean?"

"God damn it, Nick. You fucked the Supreme Leader's wife," Nick thought to himself while smiling. "Great! Good to meet you. And 'fly by the seat of our pants' means we're going to have a whole lot of fun. Trust me. It'll be awesome."

He turned towards the door, cracked it, and peeked out. Armed guards were patrolling the corridors armed with AKs and clad in elite uniforms. Looked to be about six of them outside.

"You stay right here," Nick said, holding up his index finger to her. "One minute."

She nodded, and Nick rushed out into the corridor, generating a circular magical shield on his arm as he rushed the nearest guard, blasting another guard with a bolt of lightning. The guard he was rushing unloaded on him with the AK, the rounds glancing off the shield as Nick closed the distance. Nick delivered a solid punch to the guard's jaw that erupted fire, knocking the guard unconscious. The other guards raised their rifles and prepared to fire, and Nick generated a bright flash of light in response, encapsulating himself in a shield (and weakening its defensive properties) as he grabbed the fallen guard's rifle. Some of the bullets struck the weakened shield, but most missed due to their blindness, and Nick returned fire with the AK, shooting three of the guards in the chest. His AK ran out of ammo as the two surviving guards finished reloading theirs, crouching at the sides of the hallway preparing to fire.

Nick shot a burst of fire at one of the survivors and dropped the rifle as two bullets struck his right shoulder and arm. He generated another magical arm shield and began rushing the final guard. The guard emptied his clip on Nick, the bullets rebounding off his shield, and Nick closed the distance. Dropping his shield, he pulled his nunchucks from their holster and rather savagely struck the guard in the face. The guard dropped his gun and engaged Nick in hand-to-hand, delivering a flurry of punches and kicks that put the wizard on the backfoot. Kicking Nick to the floor and drawing his sidearm for an execution, he was suddenly shot several times in the chest before dropping to the ground dead.

Nick blinked, then glanced back, seeing Hyo-Seon holding a fallen guard's pistol.

"Guess you are a quick learner," he said, climbing unsteadily to his feet as he held his bullet-riddled arm and shoulder.

Just then, an entire platoon of guards rushed up the nearby stairwell and entered the hallway, raising their weapons to fire.

"Back inside the room! Inside the room now!" Nick yelled, grabbing the fallen guard's pistol before rushing back towards their room.

Nick slammed the door and turned to Hyo-Seon. "Help me move this dresser! And the bed!"

And together, they barricaded the door as the guards began trying to batter it down. Nick rushed to the window and looked out. Clear three-story drop, and a plaza/driveway beyond that. It looked as if the soldiers were rushing into the house. Conveniently, they'd left a lot of jeeps parked outside.

"Right, Hyo-Seon, this is what I call improvisation," Nick said, beckoning her to come over.

"What are we going to do?" she asked, approaching him.

"Improvise!" Nick shouted, grabbing her with his good arm and rushing towards the window. He shattered it with a telekinetic blast before barreling down towards the ground. Their fall was slowed down with telekinesis, and they landed hard in the bushes below. The sparse soldiers outside immediately began to shoot at the ninja and woman that had fallen out the window, and Nick generated yet another shield as he slowly climbed to his feet. Hyo-Seon, meanwhile, was already shooting at them.

"Follow me!" Nick yelled, charging forward with his shield raised while Hyo-Seon fired from behind it. Her pistol quickly ran out of ammunition, and Nick passed her his own as they neared the jeeps. He lowered his shield and shot a burst of lightning at one while Hyo-Seon fired at another (who had reacted with surprise and terror at his friend being shot by fucking lightning).

Taking cover behind a jeep, Nick glanced into it, seeing it was a stick shift. Nick only had one functioning arm. Nick's head was killing him.

"Can you drive!?" Nick shouted, bullets whizzing over their heads.

"Of course I can fucking drive!" Hyo-Seon yelled back, firing on some nearby soldiers.

"Then get in and drive!" Nick roared, diving into the backseat.

Hyo-Seon rushed into the driver's seat, keeping her head low as she started the jeep. Meanwhile, Nick spotted a shotgun sitting in the back seat with him.

He grabbed it and stabilized it with telekinesis as he fired on the remaining soldiers. Meanwhile, Hyo-Seon tore out of the driveway, racing down towards the gates. Bullets were tearing into the car, and Nick felt searing pain as another bullet tore into his right leg.

Nick was not having a good day. And the worst thing about it all was Nick's noticeable lack of trenchcoat. He kept all his potion ingredients in that fucking thing!

Hyo-Seon raced the jeep down the driveway as several other jeeps began to pursue them.

"All right," grunted Nick. "All right, time to stop fucking around."

Nick sat up and, looking back at the open-top jeeps chasing them, began grasping their steering wheels with telekinesis. He twisted them all violently to the left or right, causing the jeeps to flip or skid out and giving them some much-needed breathing room.

"Take us somewhere really fucking crowded!" Nick yelled. "I need raisins, walnuts, rotten cheese, water, and seasoned salt!"

"...WHY DO YOU NEED THOSE!?" she shouted back to him.

"Just trust me!" Nick yelled to her.

They smashed through the gatehouse, ducking to avoid being shot by the soldiers guarding it, and out onto a country road on the outskirts of Pyongyang. More jeeps came in to tail them, but Nick telekinetically spun them out.

A few minutes later, they were clear of the military.

"We need to ditch this first," Nick, sitting up in the back seat. "We need to ditch this, get some clothes that aren't ridiculously conspicious, find another car, preferably piss on a statue of your husband, and then get out of this country. Not necessarily in that order."

"Justin," she said, flatly. "You're like six feet tall and white. You are not going to blend in."

"Hey, it'll be a far sight better than a ninja outfit," Nick said.

A few hours later, Nick and Hyo-Seon were driving a stolen car. Nick was wearing a casual North Korean jumpsuit and a baseball cap, while Hyo-Seon was wearing a black overcoat, a white shirt, and a pair of slacks. Nick's wounds were healed (courtesy of a health potion), and things were generally looking up.

They'd accomplished all of this by driving to a top North Korean government official's house, holding him and his family at gunpoint, restraining them, raiding their kitchen for potion supplies, stealing some clothes, and then stealing their car.

Hey, it worked, didn't it?

The car wasn't too impressive. Some black sedan imported from China. Nick wasn't familiar with the brand, but he wasn't about to complain.

"Right," Nick said to her. "Now that that's all settled, there's just two things left to do."

"Get a plane and get out of the country?" Hyo-Seon asked him.

"Nope. I said I'm going to piss on a statue of your husband before we leave," Nick told her.

She blinked as he drove, then slowly turned her head to stare at him.

"If you do that, and ruin our chances of escape, I am going to shoot you in the balls," she told him.

Nick bit his lip again and sighed.

"Fine, we'll escape first. I can come back later to do that, anyway," Nick conceded. "The way I see it, we have three ways out of the country. One is to steal a plane, hope we can outrun the North Koreans, and likely crashland it somewhere in the vicinity of the DMZ."

"...okay. What are the other two?" Hyo-Seon asked him.

"Try to drive this car all the way to the Chinese border, and sneak across," Nick told her. "Or steal a boat and try to make it to Japan."

"Those all sound pretty risky, I'll be honest," she admitted to him, frowning.

"Risky's just another way of saying exciting, my dear Hyo-Seon," Nick laughed. "So take your pick."

"Well, the Chinese border is heavily guarded. We'll never get across there without being shot," she said. "And if we take to the skies, we'll be shot down before we make it anywhere near the South..."

"You're thinking a bit too small," Nick said. "Pyongyang has an airport, yeah?"

"Yeah..." she said, unsure of where he was going with this.

"An airport that charters out flights to Seoul to let divided families visit," Nick said.

She looked at him.

"So what if we knocked a pilot out and stole his plane?" Nick said, smiling.

"If we're discovered doing it, they'll shoot us down," she said. "If they discover the pilot..."

"We'll take him with us, then," Nick said, shrugging. "The more the merrier."

"That airport is way better guarded than I thought," said Nick, surveying the Pyongyang International Airport. Guards were patrolling the outer perimeter, watch towers loaded with snipers were watching the approaches, and the gates were heavily reinforced and loaded with soldiers.

"So...what now?" she asked.

"RIght...uh..."

Nick looked down the street, and saw a stoplight situated down there.

"Right, got an idea..."

Nick and Hyo-Seon proceeded down to the street corner, where they waited briefly for somebody to take the airport turn. Without much ceremony, Nick jumped in his backseat and let Hyo-Seon in, aiming his pistol at the man. He was a pilot, late-forties, looked pretty nervous.

He yelled something in Korean, and Nick looked to Hyo-Seon.

"Tell him he's going to drive us into the airport, take us to his plane, and fly us to Seoul," he said.

She spoke to him in rapid Korean, adopting a rather menacing and forceful tone.

He spoke back, seeming scared.

"He said he only makes flights to Beijing," she said to Nick.

"Close enough," said Nick. "Tell him that'll work."

She spoke to him, and he nodded nervously, telling them to duck down. He then drove up to the airport, presented his identification to the soldiers, and went through the gate. Before long, they were on a small passenger plane alongside a whole crapload of other people heading to Beijing. With the threat of being murdered by two people with pistols on his plane, the pilot didn't blow their cover. A few hours later, the plane touched down in Beijing.

They had made it. Ordinarily, they'd have to go through customs, present identification, and go through all sorts of security checks upon landing. But Nick knew some people.

And those people were KNIGHT, a secret elite organization dedicated to protecting humanity from extraterrestrial, paranormal, and supernatural threats.

And they owed him quite a few favors.

A short while later, Nick Urias and Eom Hyo-Seon were situated in a rather nice Beijing hotel room. Nick was now dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt, though he was still missing his trenchcoat. He'd have to get that back one of these days. He was lying on the bed, watching TV while Hyo-Seon glared out the window at the city below.

"So. You're free, and my buddies will get you a new identity," Nick told her. "What now?"

"I don't know," she said.

"Well, keep in touch," Nick said, hopping up and passing her his business card. It read 'Nick Urias: Problem Solver' and had his name, phone number, and e-mail.

"Nick Urias," she said. "That's your real name?"

"Real enough," Nick nodded with a smile.
06-08-2017, 09:24 PM
Wrote another one about the Streak.

THE STREAK
VOLUME #1

June 21st, 2015

The boss laid into me today. She said I wasn't using the right dry cleaning solution on silk suits. I mean, shit, why are people so obsessed with suits, anyway? Then I came home and Tia dropped the bomb, said she was moving back to Idaho. It's been a bit rocky for a year now, but it's still pretty sudden. Hey, whatever, shit happens.

At least summer's finally here. Love the summer months, if I'm being honest with myself. Streaking in winter is brisk, but ultimately really uncomfortable. Plus I end up getting sick, and sometimes I slip on ice. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm pretty tough. But that's some next level crap.

Clothes are for chumps, I say!

June 22nd, 2015

Almost caught caught yesterday. If I had tattoos or didn't wear a mask, the ball would've been dropped by now.

Least it was fun. Heart's always pounding when I show old prudes the natural side of life. Think I might run the industrial district tomorrow. The steel workers always try to chase me down; I get them all worked up.

So much fun.

January 15th, 2016

Finally woke up yesterday, found this old thing lying around at home. Guess this requires a long explanation.

My run through the industrial district was going great. A bunch of workers were chasing me down, probably intending to beat the shit out of me. It was raining pretty hard, and I could hear the thunder. Summer rain, weird huh?

Then I crossed an intersection. And I fucked up. A chemical truck swerved to miss me and smashed into another truck parked at the intersection. Spilled chemicals everywhere, including all over my stupid naked ass. Then I felt something surreal. And incredibly painful.

You know when you put your hand in an electrical socket? I mean, pretty sure you do, since you're me. But if somebody ELSE ends up reading this, you know that feeling? If you're a dumbass, you do. If not? Well, aren't you a genius.

Anyway, it was like that multiplied by a million. Shitloads of electricity just coursing through me, felt like I was standing there getting shocked for ten years. Then it stopped, and as I began to collapse to the ground, a fucking car hit me. Some ninety year old woman with cataracts that really should've been driving. I rolled through the toxic, rainy sludge-covered streets into the chemical spill and lied there till the emergency responders took me away.

I was in a coma for almost eight months. The doctors weren't sure how I survived. When I went in, I had a lot of broken bones, fried nerves, chemical burns. They thought I was a dead man. I was on the edge of death until November. Then my body started healing, and healing fast. The docs aren't too sure how it happened, but I'm not going to look a gift miracle in the mouth. Least I'm not paralyzed, or covered in skin grafts.

Least I'm alive. I'm home today, and my job's not waiting for me. I've got a mountain of medical debt, so I'd better get hunting. No more streaking. Not again. Not after that. Fuck no.

January 17th, 2016

So, started noticing some weird stuff. Slipped in the shower yesterday and brought the curtain down with me, but I managed to regain my footing and put the thing back up before I could register what was happening. When I got out and started brushing my teeth, my hands seemed to be vibrating. It all stopped once I got dressed.

Ah well. Might've found something down at the mall. We'll see. Fingers crossed.

January 18th, 2016

Well that was a bust.

Fuck it.

Going streaking.

January 19th, 2016

Okay, so I'm pretty sure a guy isn't supposed to be faster than cop cars. Particularly a naked man.

I mean, right?

That's not supposed to happen?

That fucking happened.

Last night, I tore off my clothes and started streaking downtown, and I felt fucking liberated. More so than usual. Like some energy was pulsating through me, burning and begging me to go faster. I did, I kept going faster. Eventually some cop cars started chasing me, but they couldn't keep up.

I'll keep experimenting.

January 20th, 2016

So...it's definitely linked to me being naked? That's the weird thing. In clothes, I run about as fast as a normal idiot. When I take my clothes off? Everything is slower, and I'm a hundred times faster. Maybe more. I want to take this to a scientist, but...shit, I can't trust a scientist. Those guys are always the crazy evil ones in the movies, right? They'll sell me to the government or something. Make me a weapon.

Going to keep this under wraps. Try to be responsible.

January 23rd, 2016

This really isn't my month.

Engine blew out.

Streaking again.

January 24th, 2016

So my speed is directly proportional to how naked I am, it seems like?

I took the mask off last night and rocketed faster than I ever have. Don't even need a mask. I can vibrate my head so fast that no camera or eye can see my face.

This is fucking awesome!

January 26th, 2016

Had an interview at the bank yesterday. Entry-level stuff.

They weren't interested. Turns out being at fault for a major chemical spill and accident is a bad thing to have in a background check.

The thought briefly crossed my mind of robbing them, but you know what? I'm not that guy. I'm not doing that. I may be a serial streaker, but I'm a serial streaker with integrity. I think.

I think this is integrity? Not robbing banks when you totally could?

Yeah, probably integrity.

January 29th, 2016

Seems that integrity can't get you a job unless some other guy has integrity too. Went down to the unemployment office, and some cool guy got me a job at a co-op. Pretty neat.

Still totally going to keep streaking, though.

January 30th, 2016

Job's going well! Least that crap's covered. I can start digging myself out of this whole.

In the meantime? Streaking is a fantastic stress relief.

February 9th, 2016

So, I found out I can make whirlwinds if I run in circles really fast.

That's neat, I guess.

What's neater is the fact that I can run up walls if I do it right! Wonder if I can run on water?

February 10th, 2016

I CAN TOTALLY RUN ON WATER!

THIS IS THE COOLEST! Wonder how fast I can make it to Scath?

February 11th, 2016

I ran to Scath in five minutes! I think that's an average speed of around 876 miles per hour, according to some math I did.

I broke the fucking sound barrier! On foot!

This is incredible!

This is absolutely incredible!

Tell you what, I am never getting hit by a car while streaking again. That's for sure!

February 18th, 2016

So I was running through Great Bay City when that Watchman guy started running after me, talking to me about using my powers for good or something.

Bit preachy, but...maybe he has a point?

Or maybe not?

I kind of just like streaking. I mean, maybe saving people helps Watchman sleep at night, but I just like exposing myself to prudes. Their mortified faces? THAT helps me sleep at night. THAT right there. One thing's for sure, I definitely nailed down a name tonight. I'm the Streak!

Hell yeah!

March 22nd, 2016

Tia came back into town to visit me. It was a nice visit. Seems she cared about what I went through after the accident. She found a new guy named Carlos. Cool guy, I like him. Hope he treats her well.

In the meantime? I think I'm going to streak up an office building as slow as I possibly can.

That'll be fucking hilarious.

April 2nd, 2016

I was on a streak when I saw a woman nearly step in front of some cars.

It was all slow motion for me. I had a choice. Let her get hit, or save her life.

I mean, I couldn't just let her get hit, right? That'd make me as responsible as anybody else. I grabbed her and left her on the sidewalk before rushing off. Pretty sure she barely noticed.

I mean, I'll admit. It felt kind of good.

April 4th, 2016

Saved a terrier from getting hit by a truck today.

I swear I won't make a habit of this.

April 6th, 2016

Okay, a family station wagon popped a tire yesterday and nearly smashed into a semi-truck. They could've died there, but I pulled them all out instead.

Shit, I'm making a habit of this, aren't I?

...can't a guy just streak?

April 15th, 2016

I put out three fucking fires last night.

I swear to God, I do more of this heroism stuff than I do streaking these days.

I mean, like, actual streaking. I don't think running around naked saving people counts, does it? I mean, I NEED to be naked to save people.

Eh, fuck it. Who am I even arguing with?

May 19th, 2016

God, there's a lot of weird stuff going on around the east coast. News is going nuts. Vigil, Valence, Watchman, the Burning Butcher, the Dragonfly.

And then there's me. Don't think the news REALLY knows about me, yet, though. I'd like to keep it that way.

June 22nd, 2016

Summer!

And the anniversary of the best worst decision I ever made.

Slowly climbing out of my mountain of debt, and things are looking up! I mean, that crazy butcher guy attacked the city a while back. Wonder if I could've done more during that?

Doubt the cops or those vigilantes would've appreciated the help of a streaking man with superspeed. Probably better to keep my head down.

Help people when I can, but just keep enjoying life.

August 19th, 2016

Holy fuck what a summer.

The co-op thing didn't pan out in the end, but I got a job working for a courier service.

Guess who gets to sit around eating ice cream during MOST of their allotted delivery time?

This guy!

Guess who the fastest courier around is?

ALSO this guy!

Hell yes!

Life is good!

August 21st, 2016

I can't even describe the shit that's happened.

Where do I even begin?

Well, I guess me waking up?

I woke up at my usual time, getting ready for a day of slacking and delivering documents and parcels.

Got my first couple done, and the city started to get bombed. Thought it was nuclear war or something at first, but then I saw the ships. Loaded with aliens.

Radio was saying they were attacking the whole world.

I'm fast, but I'm not that fast. Not 'solo save the world from an alien invasion' fast. The aliens were all wearing power armor, came in these massive dropships, parked these huge goddamn ships above our cities and blew the crap out of them.

So what do I do? I run anyway. I use every bit of my speed to save as many people as possible, while disabling as many freaking aliens as possible.

I don't get mad often. I don't get that feeling in my stomach where I HAVE to do something very often, I'll be honest. But I got it. I got pissed.

I ran through the US, I ran across oceans, I ran across continents, over mountains, and through deserts. I ran so fucking fast that my punches could split tanks in half.

I like streaking. Streaking is one thing. Helping save the world? That was fucking spectacular.

I don't want to take this much credit, but I saved a lot of people. And I probably killed a lot of aliens. A LOT of aliens.

And then I heard that some heroes had won in DC. So I ran back to DC as fast I could, rushed into the Pentagon, overheard some government guys talking about a research base hidden under the Appalachians, and ran there as fast I could. They were using it to teleport heroes onto the alien mothership or something. I wanted a piece of that.

I ran right through the fence, phased through the outer walls (yeah, that's a thing I could do) and ended up in some teleporter thing right as it fired alongside a whole bunch of other heroes. I ended up in some big room with a destroyed robot or something and just started running as fast I could. Kept ripping helmets off aliens for the other guys and slipping them up whenever I was able.

They kept on moving to some kind of reactor room. I honestly had no idea what was going on. I just kept running, it's what I'm good at. All those heroes were wearing power armor and stuff, but I recognized a lot of them. Lux, Valence, the Dragonfly, that Spaceguy, Vigil. There was a lot I didn't know either, but they were doing their part. I respect them for that, as one who was finally doing his.

When they planted the explosives in the reactor room, their leader started talking about one of them having to stay behind to guard it. They'd all taken off their power armor to go in there, due to some kind of EMP. That made my job a lot easier. I grabbed every single one of them and ran them to the escape pods, then I started running through the ship like a maniac, scooping up every surviving human I could to get them out. I did something I regret, too, though. I launched all the other escape pods, so the aliens couldn't get off their ship. I thought it was the right thing at the time, making sure the alien soldiers couldn't crashland on Earth and kill more people. But now that I have time to think, I'm reaching the conclusion that it was pretty messed up. What the hell kind of person am I? I killed millions of aliens. I'm a fucking monster.

I got off that ship in the last escape pod. It landed somewhere in Arizona, but I ran back home easily enough.

I need to think about some things. I have some life choices to make.

Who is the Streak going to be? A streaker? A monster who kills millions? Or a hero who helps people, all without people knowing he's there? I'd really like it to be the latter.

I'm going to try to make it the latter.
07-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Alias: Number Nine, #9 (She is called this because it's the number on her Jersey.)

Home City: Hooverville.

City description:
Located East coast. Its main industries and economic cornerstones are Biopharmaceuticals, Transportation, Manufacturing, Healthcare and Technology. It doesn't really have a culture. It's aesthetic is livable trash town. It has pretty wide income gaps, some gentrification going on, slums, middle class houses on the outside of the city. It doesn't like putting a lot of money into parks or other miscellaneous projects, mostly putting its income into infrastructure and government run facilities.

Character description: Cass is 23 years old. 6 foot even. White but tanned. Brown hair pulled up in a ponytail. Her ponytail is fuschia dyed at the end tips. Green eyes. Very athletic build. Freckles over nose/cheeks and shoulders. Usually seen wearing some form of BelowBarrier (Knock off of Under Armour.) Also Bikey gear. (a knock off Nike)

Character background: She had a pretty average American childhood. Did well in high school. Was the star of her soccer team while also doing hockey during the winter. She got an all expense scholarship to Hoover University (Hoo U). Her major was Physics. Her minor was Business. During a heated soccer match for the finals, she legitimately thought she had found her match against this team. It was an intense game and it almost looked like for sure Cass's team was going to lose. Cass didn't want to lose this shot after working so hard all her life. With desperation she tried with all her might to win back the game. During that desperation adrenaline and faced with the conclusion of loss, something let loose from inside of her. A tremendous power surged within her as she went for the final kick to break the tie game. Her powers awoke, and her team progressed to the championship matches.

She didn't know what to do with herself after that. She didn't know what was going on. She couldn't kick a soccer ball without it looking like it would hurt someone. She couldn't face the Championship match knowing that she was cheating in some way. With a heavy heart she faked a leg injury so she couldn't play the last match of her career. She knew she couldn't move on to the professional level either. She spent the rest of her days trying to hone the power she got in her spare time.

Before the alien war and after she graduated college, she got a coaching job for a young girl's soccer team. She was just doing that until she found a more stable job. She thought about being a hero, but there were so many other heros about. She also didn't know anything about law. Plus there was the Red Reaper running about, that... was one of the main reasons she didn't want to attract attention. He was scary and she wasn't sure of his alliance. She would rather not have to deal with him, so she kept on practicing with her powers.

When the alien war hit, she was with her roommate Magdalen and friend Roland at the time. Well, lets just say she was glad Roland had his bowling ball in his apartment at the time. She fought the aliens off but that came with her friends knowing about her powers. Roland was super intrigued by the alien metal and made sure to take it from the aliens Cass defeated. After the ship was destroyed Cass found out that her parents were also saved! They hid out in a camp store and then got taken to the sewers by the one and only Radka Roykov. How fortunate!

She spent the year recovering and helping with the children and getting the children's sports league up and running, because they had nothing else to do that was fun while the internet was out. Her friends were insistent that she become a hero but she kept saying she wasn't ready yet. One day Roland gave her alien metal shin guards and a modified bike as more incentive to step into the hero roll.

When Storm announced itself... Well, she couldn't stay in hiding anymore.

Costume Description: On her head she has a Hockey Goalie helmet with a mouthguard. She has a fuchsia soccer jersey with white stripes running through it. It doesn't have a team name, just the number 9 in white. She has black track shorts and white sliding shorts underneath. She wears special alien metal shin guards with purple socks over them and metal cleats.

Character advantages: She has a mutant ability to enhance her body to superhuman degrees during athletic activities. Has only ever manifested when she does an activity related to sports. She can't use her powers indefinitely. She has to stop and rest depending on how much power she uses.

Friends and Family:
Patricia R. Caldwell - Mother. Has been Very supportive of Cass throughout her entire life. She's a workaholic and a busybody. Always has to be moving and doing something
Gerald Caldwell- Father. Pretty laid back. He used to be the one she went to as a kid to get anything thing she wanted. Doesn't know much about sports but supports Cass anyway. Would stop whatever he is doing to give her help or attention. Is a teacher.
Emily Weiß - She met Emily online at a music forum and they have been online friends ever since!
Roland Foster - Metal worker and Engineer. They met while he was showing off one of his metal works at a show case and hit it off. They keep in contact very frequently.
Magdalen Schaefer - Current roommate. They met during Business Class and came together to rent an apartment after their schooling. Currently working in the newly rebuilt Paracell.
Jerry Little - Old Coach. They don't keep in contact much anymore but she sometimes goes over for his sports parties and helping his current team out.
Emily Overby - Old highschool friend that used to be co captain in her team.
Entire College soccer team.
Youth Soccer and Hockey team.
07-09-2017, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 06:05 PM by Bigshot.)
Real Name: Wendelin "Wendy" Weiß (Yes, it's Ven-da-leen. Yes, she speaks German. Yes, all of her villains should be campy German characters.)

Alias: ???

Home City: Independence, Maryland

City description: Poor and shitty, still. Generally an awful place if you don't have money. Which, y'know, Wendy doesn't. Fuck Independence.

Character Description: Standing at an awfully unintimidating 5'3" and boasting only 22 years to her life, Wendy's definitely a girl most people can tell was an art student. While her hair is naturally red, she sports a bunch of different colours at any given time. Currently, she's rocking a deep, dark purple. It looks nice cut all short, all pixie style. There's a number of well-done tattoos that stretch up her arms, the left a near-complete sleeve that makes its way up into her collar bone. Other identifying features include a lip ring, a nose stud, a tongue ring, and a number of ear piercings, though those are subject to change if she ever wants to become some sort of "hero of the people". Her build is slender, certainly not built for anything more physical than maybe swimming. Grey eyes, pale as shit, covered in freckles.

Character personality: Sharp. Very sharp. Sharp mentally, sharp of tongue, sharp. Wendy's got a big, big spirit. She's the type of girl who can't exactly ever resist the urge to making any kind of biting comments, though she also excites awfully easily. Hell, she was an emotional girl even before this whole power thing, so it's really just made everything that much worse. You ever seen a punk girl ball her fists up and cry? You're about to.

Wendy's the kind of gal who first and foremost seeks to gain something from each day she faces. Whether it's painting something, getting paid for a commission, having a good laugh with her sister, or figuring out what the fuck is going on with her head, she can't go to bed at night unless she really feels like she's accomplished something. That being said, she's also the kind of girl who's willing to go pretty damn far for things when she sets her mind on some sort of goal.

In school, she was labeled as a bit of a trouble maker, but that doesn't matter. A story is a story, right? And any day that ends with a story earned is definitely one Wendy can sign off on. Besides, she was mostly just misunderstood, right? Or something! She's just a gal who says what she thinks and sometimes it's stuff that gets her in trouble!

Character background: The Weiß family currently consists of Wendy's sister, her father, her grandfather, and her aunt. Her mother died when she was younger, and her grandmother far before she was born. In fact, it's her grandmother's namesake that she carries.

Raised by her single father and also frequently by her Aunt, Wendy's childhood wasn't great, but also wasn't all that awful. Grandpa and Dad worked and paid the bills, which meant they were rarely around for any real kind of parenting. Dad did his best to give some good, positive memories on weekends and when he had a little free time, but it was far less than he would have wanted it to be.

Still, life wasn't as bad for them as it was for some families. While they were severely impoverished both girls still went to school and did their best to get their educations. Y'know. So they could get a life for themselves that wasn't like this.

School wasn't exactly great for Wendy, but she did her best to actually get her work done. The only way she-- and her sister-- could ever go to college is with a scholarship of some sort, which meant she needed to do some pretty intense extracurriculars. That, and put together a dope portfolio for her art. Emily was a big part of what kept her on-schedule for her homework, and a huge motivation for her participating in swim, debate, and art club. Gotta pad that shit somehow, right?

Probably more to Emily's credit than her own, she did end up getting a full scholarship to Independence's most prestigious art academy, something her family celebrated. College was an awful lot better than high school, too. Like, a whole lot. She got far more freedom to express herself, got to customize her classes more, and the professors were way better. Shit, she even made a few actual friends. Because of her scholarship though, things were pretty tight. Deadlines were ridiculous, and she was a stressed mess whenever projects and finals came around-- and projects were weekly with her workload. More than once, Em had to come over because she'd worked herself into some kind of ridiculous fatigue, functioning on way too much caffeine to cram.

Y'know what doesn't help with school stress? A fucking alien attack. Kinda makes it all worse. That shit was scary, and Wendy was near a grand total of 0 of the people she cared about when it happened. Those hours were some of the worst of her life, fearing for everything and everyone around her as well as sporting a pretty shitty arm injury. The college itself was heavily damaged in the event, and it took a grand total of about 6 months before classes could resume again. Though, in that case, things weren't so bad. Gave Wendy time to heal, too. Took some legit physical therapy. Not really fun for an artist to go through. It's all good now though! She's got full range of motion back and is working on getting a tattoo cover-up for that gross scar!

Five months ago she graduated, and she's been doing freelance work ever since. Sure, she was doing it in college on the side for a little spare cash too, but now that she's out of college it's a real hustle to keep paying rent. Once she stopped going to school regularly she moved in with her sister, because what better roommate is there than someone you already lived with most of your life?

Now, though...now she's not so sure what to do. Everything's weird as fuck and her head hurts. One morning you wake up and everything's normal and the next...

Costume Description: There is no costume, yet! In fact, this power stuff is all super new and really fucking weird! Why the fuck would she need a costume?!

Character advantages: It's...a little hard for her to tell right now. Something? Actually, those powers seem awfully similar to another hero...
God, her head hurts.

Friends and Family:

Father - Rainer - A wonderful man. Physical labourer. Also a ginger. A large bear of a man with huge arms meant only for lifting things and hugging his little girls. He did his best to provide for them and taught him all he could while he was around. Feels kind of bad for not being able to give them more, but. Y'know. The world fucking sucks and he's pretty vocal about that sometimes, too. Fuck this city.

Mother - Johanna - Died just before Wendy's first birthday. Apparently an awfully warm, nice woman. The girls have pictures of her up around their apartment, but that's about all Wendy knows of her.

Grandmother (Paternal) - Wendelin - A woman Wendy never met. Very German. Apparently a really nice lady, if Dad insisted on Wendy being named after her! Died shortly after Emily was born.

Grandfather (Maternal) - Ludwig Müller - Currently alive. Also VERY German. SPEAKS German. A grizzled old labourer, built like a truck. Still working despite being nearly 70. Gotta make money, right? He's pretty set in his ways and has a stubborn streak a mile long, but he loves his family. Loves his granddaughters and his son-in-law, too. Just not great at expressing it.

Aunt (Paternal) - Elisa - Amazing. A really great lady. Taught the girls how to do their makeup and hair and also how to be more than wallflowers. Works as a teacher and a tutor.

Sister - Emily - Three years older than Wendy. Blonde. Overbearing and a little crazy, but definitely good-natured with her heart in the right place. Studied super hard so she could go to nursing school. Wendy gives her tons of shit and teases her constantly, and Emily's always sure to return that shit to her little sis tenfold. She does her best to guide Emily in the same way she images their mom might've, and even lets Wendy mom her a bit too, when she feels like it. Insists on Wendy talking to more people and "getting out of the apartment" more.

Best Friend - Terry Thomas - Met in college. A tattoo kid at heart, he's a talented painter and illustrator as well. He's the entire reason she's got any of the tattoos on her body. While most of the designs Wendy sports are hers, they were all done by Terry. The dude's talented!

Best Friend - Jerry Mackey - Terry's boyfriend! Met in college. A nice, round boy. Kind of not great at expressing himself, though. At least, not without his camera. One of those obscure photograph dudes, but still an overall nice guy, even if he's soft spoken. A good boyfriend. A nice boy!

Best Friend - Raven Palomo - Met in college. No, her real name is not Raven, but her name being "bird bird" was too funny to pass up. Everyone calls her raven. An illustrator and a good friend of Wendy's in particular. Kind of a friends-with-benefits situation on and off when they were in college, but stopped after they graduated and Raven got a boyfriend. He's a cool guy, and Raven's always a fun girl to be around. She bakes sick brownies.

Best Friend - Peggy Pegerson - Met in college. A sculptor sorta gal, painter, little bit of everything. Also all tattooed up, Peggy's kind of a party girl. You can summon her with a text or bellow her name out and she'll be there for ya in a heartbeat, chuggin' over on her shitty motorcycle with a drink. Ready to take you anywhere you want, dude.