Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-07-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
She shakes her head. "I'm no mage. Quite the opposite."

She closes her other hand atop Casey's. "Casey, what I've come here to offer you is forgiveness. I cannot impart it in the way the family of those you hurt can. I cannot grant it on behalf of any divine omnipotence. But as a fellow human being, I put my faith in you. I recognize that you are sorry for your sins, that they torment you and tear at your heart, and I offer you forgiveness. I believe you will try to do what is right again, knowing well that you may fail and that my heart may hurt for it. I will believe again, and again, and again, no matter the hurt it causes me, so long as you are still sincere in your efforts to improve." She holds up a finger. "Do not mistake my words - do not kill any innocent, or I will have to fight you, if only to defend the weak. But still..."

Her eyes drift downwards. "We are all flawed creatures of vice and shame. We sin, and we sin, and we sin again. We hurt others, shame all that is good with our wrongdoing. Indeed, we are unworthy of forgiveness, for we will always fail and fail and fail again." They drift back up to Casey's. "...All the same, we receive it. And all the same, I believe that you have good within you still. I will support you in your efforts to shelter that light, to foster it, and to move forward in spite of the past that weighs heavy on your shoulders."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Protoman - 01-07-2018 06:51 PM