Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
01-12-2018, 11:42 AM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Vigil just stares at the magnified image Lux produced.

"SO, UH"

Valence can feel intense worry from Vigil, suddenly.

"HOW... GOOD ARE YOU... AT FLYING... FASTER THAN BULLETS ORRRR...."
01-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Isidora nods. "I'm with the girl. That said, I'm probably going to be most effective when they're on the ground. I'll leave the anti-air work to you lot."
01-12-2018, 01:13 PM
"YOU SAW WHAT WE'RE DEALING WITH, RIGHT, YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT TO HIDE WITH COBRA KING?"

Vigil looked around nervously.

"I NEED MORE ARROWS... I NEED... DEVANA! WHAT'S YOUR QUIVER FULL OF?"
01-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Yeah, that worry is super justified. Valence still smiles, though!

"Dunno. Capable of some pretty good shield stuff but I've never tested how many bullets it can take. Guess it's time to find out."
01-12-2018, 01:29 PM
"I wonder what kind of sensors they're equipped with..." Lex mused, thinking through potential illusions.
01-12-2018, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 01:51 PM by Protoman.)
Isidora draws a hefty .44 and holds it up to shine in the sun.

"I think I'll be just fine, Brave Sir Robin."

She bows her head and starts muttering a prayer to herself.

"Praise the Lord, who is my rock.
He trains my hands for war
and gives my fingers skill for battle.
He is my loving ally and my fortress,
my tower of safety, my rescuer.
He is my shield, and I take refuge in him.
He makes the nations submit to me.

Lord, what are human beings that you should notice them,
mere mortals that you should think about them?
For they are like a breath of air;
their days are like a passing shadow."
01-12-2018, 02:04 PM
"Unless that thing shoots magnets or magic you're probably better off getting something heavier from the armory." Lux doesn't sound (or feel) mocking, this time. Just practical. Almost cold.
01-12-2018, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 03:46 PM by pail.)
After a minute of everyone just standing around while the drop ships were getting closer, Nine was getting a little bit antsy.

"You know what, I'll kick off, don't worry guys."

She took quite a few steps back, took aim... and then... using her FULL STRENGTH, she ran at the ball in perfect form. As soon as she landed the kick on the soccer ball, a loud FWOOOM sounded out from impact and there was a great disturbance in the air. Just like that, the soccer ball launched at a dropship like a bullet.
01-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Emily silently mouths "what the fuck?" at the fucking soccer bomb.
01-12-2018, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 03:51 PM by Cidellus.)
Devana looked to Marcus.

"Entirely thermite," she said to him.

Cass rushed up, kicked a soccer ball, and sent it flying through the air into a dropship. It went right through the dropship, causing it to explode and crash down towards the ground. Surviving robots began rushing out from the wreckage and towards the Pentagon. Cass was now exhausted due to that effort!

Meanwhile, the other twenty-nine dropships kept on rushing towards them.

"FIRE!" yelled Bald Eagle.

And all the SAM launchers launched several missiles each, destroying eight more of the dropships and damaging two others. They were now dangerously close.

Meanwhile, in the workshop down below, Max Volts succeeded in supercharging his arc cannon.
01-12-2018, 03:54 PM
"All right!"

Max made his way to the roof.

"Emily, grab a heavy weapon and cover me while I test this."

The one, the only, Vancho!
01-12-2018, 03:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 03:57 PM by Protoman.)
As the soccer ball collides with the ship, Valence feels pure fear in Isidora's heart. Holy shit.

She begins spinning her pistol around her finger. "I'll be just fine. Let me take care of the troopers, and I'll do my part. I'm trusting you with taking down the big boys, little one." She smiles to Lex before taking aim at the troopers on the ground and firing at them, one after the other.
01-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Eva's eyes widened at the soccer ball's impact, adrenaline spiking in her veins. When the explosion cleared up, she turned to Cass, a smile on her face, excitement slowly radiating from her.

"That was so cool."
01-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Fear is yummy! Valence stores that energy! Excitement is good, too.

Cracking her fingers, Valence is gonna TAKE THAT ENERGY and CHANNEL it. Which is what she's good at! TIME TO TURN THAT ALL INTO A BIG OL' LASER BLAST! Gotta get one more drop ship down. Then maybe fire a few, smaller rays at the fuckheads wrecking the Pentagon.
01-12-2018, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 04:28 PM by pail.)
She holds her arms up and yells. “ GOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL” She then sits down next to Valence holding her arms above her head breathing hard. Though she is giving off um.. accomplishment emotion? Does that count? Definitely happiness and endorphins... runners high? It was a lot of positive.

She turns to Eva. “Hey thanks! Now you gotta show me how cool you are!”

“Alright I need... to sit on the bench *huff* for a while, you’re up to bat.” She reaches into her bag to take a drink of water. “I’m going to be pretty vulnerable now. Better take care of lil’ ol’ me” her eyelashes flutter at Valence.
01-12-2018, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2018 04:30 PM by Bigshot.)
"DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD THAT, THANKS. I'M NOT YOUR SIDEKICK." Valence is gonna gobble up those endorphins, too. Yum, yum, yum. "JUST YELL IF YOU NEED SHIELDS."
01-12-2018, 04:34 PM
"WAIT, THERMITE, DID YOU BREAK INTO MY-"

Vigil was interrupted by the resounding crack of the Soccer Bomb. He turned, stared, and watched the dropship crash to the ground in silence.

Then, the military kicked into action, he snapped out of it.

"DEVANA, BLACKHEART, FOCUS THERMITE AT SYSTEM CRITICAL AREAS OF HEAVIER UNITS. ANYTHING ELSE GOES ON THE OTHERS. AVOID THE SPIDERBOTS, LET THE OTHERS SORT THEM OUT, THEY'D BE A WASTE OF ARROWS!"

Vigil nocks a thermite arrow and tries get a shot off at the missile batteries of a tank-bot.
01-12-2018, 04:50 PM
“Hey hey! Never meant it like that! If anything I’m the side kick! I’m at your side, and I can kick! Nah you’re much cooler than me look at that lift show! Sorry if I insulted you.”
01-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Vigil fires an arrow and reaches into his bag, tossing something over to Cass, interrupting her banter/blatant flirting with Valence.

It was a half-empty jar of goddamn peanuts.

"HOW MUCH ENERGY DO YOU NEED TO DO THOSE KICKS? I'VE GOT MORE PROTEIN ON ME IF YOU NEED IT! JERKY!"

He squints, nocks, draws, and readies another shot.

"WE'RE GOING TO NEED MORE OF THOSE BEFORE THIS IS DONE!"
01-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Maria looked up at Eva when she addressed her, pulling a couple sticks of C4 out of her bag, molding it in her hands. ”Oh- right, I-“ And then Nine did her THING- ”Holy shit- you know what? Fuck yeah, let’s do this- GO TEAM ROCKIES!”

There were nerves. Always were, always some fear in the back of her brain, a weariness, a wariness. But Nine was one hell of a motivator. And when the opportunity to be excited came to her, she recognized it for what it was, and took it. How was she supposed to do her damnedest if she wasn’t in the zone to do it?

Bouncing on her feet, all of the water she gathered turned to mist at the feet of the Pentagon’s rooftop defenders, and so did Maria. It all twisted and churned, any one section difficult to track. And soon, beside Eva, that same strange voice that addressed Casey earlier now spoke to her.

”I’m good at not getting shot. Think you are too. Why don’t we start with the one on the end, see if we can’t take them down from inside?”
01-12-2018, 05:36 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, YEAH, YEAH, FUCK YEAH! EXCITEMENT IS THE SHIT! THAT HITS THE SPOT!

VALENCE LETS OUT A LOUD WHOOP, DRAWING IN A DEEP BREATH! MORE!!! LASERS!!!
01-13-2018, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 03:53 AM by Whimbrel.)
Lux, who had been waiting for the dropships to get into her range, was momentarily distracted with a feeling of awe tinged with an unmistakable note of gay at that fucking soccer kick. Good lord. It was quickly joined by a hint of suspicion before all emotions were quashed by the approach of THE BATTLE. RIGHT! SUNBEAM TIME.

She drew her scepter, aimed it at a cluster of remaining dropships, and spoke the incantation as she threw as much power into this as she could muster.

Rͪ̐̋ͬ͆̅̅ͥ͛̈́̎͑̉͛̎̇ͭa͑̄̉̇͑ͨͤ̄d̑̈́̒̀ͪ̀̃̈́͗̓̏̿̑ͨͮ̚í̇̔̈́̓̿̔͊͐aͪ̎̑̆̇ͨ͗ṅ̎̊ͩ̃ͩ̀̔̉ͧ̄̀ͭ͗̚tͯ​̔ͨ͆ͨ͑ͮͮ́̍͛͒͊ͮ ͂̅͛ͫͥ̂͋͛͑ͦ̎̀̂̅̆̓̿Ẻͩ̇ͤ̽͑́ͮͤͥ̾͗́̄̀̈́̚nͪ̂͒ͫͩ̚g͛ͫ̐ͩ̓̿̾ͦ͊̌̇ͯ͑͂́̚i̽̐̓̒ͭ̿ͬ̈́̅̀̌͌ͦǹ͐ͯ̃̀͆​ͯ̍̀̆̿̏ͫeͥ̏͆ͨ͆͐̂͗̿̎͊̔̾ͪ̓
̑̍̓ͮͭ͂̈́̐ͧ͆͒͂͗̋C͊͋͒̏͑ͮ̒o͂͌ͪͯ̊ͤͮ̍͂n̈́̒̑ͧͦ͛̃̇f̄͊̂͊ͭͩ͐͂͗ͦ̈́͗̔̉̓l̄̏ͤ̓͐̈ǎͧ́̃̄̅̉̃̔̈͑̄͆͐̇​ͬgͦ͋ͪͧͬ͆rͪ̐̀͐̄͌͐̃̈̓̊̇aͮ̔̉ͯ̇ͧͮ̅̀̏̉͌̋̎̚t͊̑͐͆̃ͫͮ̈́͊ͬ͐̿ͪi͌ͩͩ̅̐ͭͦͭ͛̽o̍ͣ̍̇͒̆n̈́ͨ̓̒̂ͣ̇ͭ̏ͫ​ͥ'͆ͫͬ̏͋ͨ̏̒̄̋s͐͋͌̚ ̅͐̇ͯͤ̋͗͑̓ͧ̂̄ͮ̅̂̋̀̅͂Sͫͦ̏̒̓ͪ͛́̍̎̚t̎̿ͨ̒̇ͫͮ̽ͥͭ̾ͯ́ͧĭ͑̊̆͌̌̒ͫͫ̽̓̿͆ͭ̆͐̚fͩ̊ͧͤͨlͫ̾̈́ͫͦͤ̂͒̓​e͌̏ͩ́ͫ̌rͩ̄̇͆͆ͭ̓̐ͫ̍ͭ
͋̆ͤ͑̌ͤͮͥ̔L̈́̔ͭͬͬ͒͆̃oͫ͒ͯͭͧ͗̑͊̚oͥ̓̄̔s̈̃̍̊͐̑̓̉̀ͯ̽̇̿̈ͧͨͧ̚eͪ̄́͐͛̔ͪ̇̌ ͣ̄ͩ̎̒ͯ̓̂t̾̀̐̋̃͛͗̏̈́̊̃̅̓ͬh̉͊ͮͮ̆ͥ͛͌͐ͬ͛̋̉̌̐̉̅̈ͩẏ̒ͫͦ̇͆͌ ͑̈́̔͋ͯͬ̔ͥͮ̑̽ͦͧ͊̂͋͗͐̚cͥ̓ͩ̋̆ͭͧ̏͆̑̚aͨ́͑ͫͤͨ̃̉ͮͩp͂̃ͣ͐̑̄͐͋̏͗̉͒ͦͦ̓ͪt͐̄̍̂̏̐ͮ̂̈́̒̚i̽͂̇̉̐̍̍̅​ͬ͊͋̀̒ͯͦͤv͆͑͋̆ͭ̆̋͌e̅ͤ̏̈́́̆ ̈́̋͒ͩ̀̽̉ͪ̄͑ͭ̆̂ͧ̏ͥͭ́̏f̉ͩͯ̑̊̀ͤ͒̈́ͣ́͊͌ͤ͐̾i͗ͫ̃̇͋̎̇ͦr̐ͭ͆͂̉̌̚e̓͌̊̀ͤͫ̈́ͤ̿̇
̉͊̍͒͗ͬͪ̔͒͌̏͒ͥͥ͆〖͑ͫ̇͌͛̆̉̉͗ͮ̍̆Sͦͩͣ̊ͭ̀̿̇̊t͛̔ͭǎͦ̌͗ͨr̐͌ͦͦ́̌̔͂̿ͥͨ̔̀̇̋̄̈́ͪ͆ ͥͮ͂̀̑̌͛̚B̌͌͂́͐̽ͮ̾ͫͦ͂̆̍̓ͨ̋͒̋u͛̇ͯ̃͗̒̂̌ͨ͂ͨr͋ͣͬ̍ͪ̏̆̽ͭ̐̑̍͆̿̀̈̒̄s̾͗̓̀t̽̒̍̇̆ͥ〗͑ͦ̓̉̂̾͒̑́​ͤ!ͣ̿́̽̓ͩ̅̋͒̓ ̀̅ͩͯ͋͗̎ͣ̈́͗ͨ͆
01-13-2018, 04:05 AM
“Ah?” Eva turned towards the voice, blinking a few times before she realized what was actually happening. Then, her smile returned.

“Yeah. Yeah! Let’s do this!” Some life finally seemed to settle back into Eva, and she clenched her hands before jumping up into the air and staying there. “C’mon, let’s do it!” And with that, Eva zipped away once Maria was ready, going invisible and intangible, and headed towards the ship on the end that Maria pointed out. Let’s see what they could do.
01-13-2018, 04:19 AM
Jesus. People had gotten...like, wow.

Man, life was strange these days. Casey smiled slightly though. Something about seeing that football plough through a dropship had sparked up some hope for this fight. In the meantime though, he was going to continue to stick by Dr Emily, and if possible, summon up a few small rocks from down below, just to have them on his person.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-13-2018, 04:36 AM
Hell yeah!!! LET’S GO ROCKIES LET’S GO!

Maria’s mist swirled closer and closer, until a cyclone of the stuff rose, and then flattened out, herself and all she’d gathered zipping along after Lux’s beam! If anything survived it, she’d go after the leftmost one, and try to find a cranny to get herself inside. Her path was wide and thin, she didn’t want to obscure her allies’ vision, only mask where she herself was in the mist.
01-13-2018, 05:21 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 05:45 AM by Bigshot.)
While still charged up, Valence is going to shoot as many robots as she can away from the Pentagon, keeping them at as much of a distance as she can manage.

Though she also wants to keep a good bit of energy, in case they needed a shield. She's on shield stand-by! Protection is her main focus!

"Stay close to me, everyone less mobile! Call out anything you see coming at us, bullets, missiles, other bots, whatever. I'll bubble us as long as I can and try to mitigate damage. Ain't NONE of us getting hurt if I can do anything about it." She says this as she flicks beams from her palms, drawing on her own emotional reserves. "SOMEONE'S gotta be defense."

Time to really dig deep. Think of some BIG EMOTIONAL shit. Time to think about Mama and Em.
01-13-2018, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 08:10 AM by Anomaly.)
Emily's kind of just looking at the gun Maria gave her right now.

Like...

Did she think you could just give someone a gun and expect them to know how to use it??

She sure hopes those heroes know what they're doing.
01-13-2018, 09:13 AM
Max, having lugged his souped-up lightning gun up to the roof, took cover and aimed for a dropship.

"I really hope this doesn't blow up, haha!"

01-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Vigil positions himself a safe distance from Max as he continues trying to pick off tank bots with thermite.
01-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Well. If it does blow up, Valence is ready with a shield.
01-13-2018, 02:11 PM
She catches the peanuts and looks at them oddly. She opens the jar and sniffs it before eating a couple. "I honestly don't know when I'm going to be ready. It could just be me needing energy... Or it could just be like a video game cool down thing. Not sure, this was the first time I ever kicked that hard." She continued to eat the peanuts.

She pumped her fist and raised it when she heard Maria. "GO TEAM ROCKIES!!" She goes back to muchin on peanuts.
01-13-2018, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 02:32 PM by Cidellus.)
Lex fired off her burst of sun energy into a dropship, melting the front and weakening its incredibly thick armor, but otherwise not getting through. It was unknown how Cass gave a fucking soccer ball such armor-piercing qualities, but hey.

Then Valence fired off an emotional laser at the same dropship, blasting it further. Its engines began to smoke.

Finally, Max hit it with his supercharged electro cannon, causing its engines to finally catch fire before it hit the ground.

Isidora fired on a few of the robots on the ground with her magnum, killing three spiderbots, two troopers, and distracting a goliath as they charged the lines down on the ground below. There, the soldiers, tanks, and artillery were all firing into the approaching robots.

Marcus and Devana both fired into the robots below with their thermite arrows, killing several robo troopers in the process! The one called Blackheart was nowhere to be seen.

Maria and Eva flew towards one of the intact dropships and zoomed inside, Maria sifting through the cracks in mist form while Eva phased through. Inside, they found that there wasn't anywhere to really materialize. It was all compact and tightly built, with no room for any organism larger than a half foot. Tiny automated robots went around repairing the insides. The dropship had no interior. Its payload was carried underneath.

Cobra King was wildly throwing cobras down at the robots. They seemed...metallic?

Cass was tired, but her strength was recovering!

Bald Eagle was firing his glider's weapons down at the robots on the ground, but was avoiding engaging the dropships in close combat. They seemed to have pretty strong point-defense weapons.

Solar Flare was flying around as well, blasting robots on the ground with sun beams. His flight seemed a lot slower than usual, and his sun beams were pretty weak. It was almost dusk, and the sun was setting.

Finally, Diamante jumped off the roof onto the ground below and rushed towards the robots, punching them with his diamond fists.
01-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Lex...had an idea. She glanced at Solar Flare, and woke Everan for a question. "{Real quick. Does this have a continuous fire mode? Actual beams?}" She murmured, in some alien language.
01-13-2018, 02:37 PM
"Yeah, though it's pretty weak. A little stronger than actual sunlight. Why?"
01-13-2018, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 02:38 PM by Whimbrel.)
"{That might be perfect. How do I activate it?}" Once he told her, she was going to shoot Solar Flare with it! A real win win for everyone.
01-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Isidora glances toward Marcus. "Vigil! Do you have a rope or grappling hook of some sort?! You seem oddly well prepared, and I need to get into that melee!" She couldn't merely let the innocents on the ground bleed while she hid on the roof and took her shots.
01-13-2018, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018 02:47 PM by Bigshot.)
Besides idly throwing lasers, Valence is going to uselessly remain on standby in case anyone was in danger and then she could shield them! Or shield anyone near her. Or shield multiple people? Who knows what she's capable of? NOT HER! She's USELESS! Besides those occasional lasers. (Pew pew). Maybe when Isidora jumped down...she'd follow! That excitement still has her buzzing.
01-13-2018, 02:58 PM
"CAN DO YOU ONE BETTER, SISTER."

Vigil fires a zipline arrow down to a tree and ties it off to a railing or something.

"GO NUTS. TRY NOT TO GET SHOT TOO MUCH. I DON'T HAVE MEDIGEL ARROWS."

He lowers his bow for a moment.

"... ACTUALLY, I MIGHT MAKE THOSE AFTER THIS FIGHT, IF WE GET A CHANCE TO REST."

He continues waiting for his chance to test a thermite arrow on the missile battery of a tank bot.
01-14-2018, 01:03 AM
"All right, it worked! Now to wait for it to recharge."

Max hunkered behind cover until he could shoot again. He would target another dropship, unless they were too close.

01-14-2018, 12:59 PM
"OR MAYBE I COULD ENGINEER THE MEDIGEL IN A MULTI-DIRECTION SPRAY, LIKE MY PEPPER-SPRAY ARROWS..."

Vigil continued to think up ill-suited applications of medigel in arrow form as he tries to pick out a good target.
01-15-2018, 02:09 AM
How to be useful...Casey aimed with the grenade launcher. Wasn't too familiar with this weapon but it'd be fine, once he got adjusted. Getting used to it would take a moment so...yeah, he'd assist Diamante. Even if he fucked up the shot or got too close, Diamante could shrug off some shrapnel. Also, y'know, Casey could live with something horrible happening to Diamante, so, Casey started shooting off grenades at the Robots shooting at Diamante.

Plus, remaining up here with Emily was nice. Much more relaxing.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
01-16-2018, 02:19 AM
Lex supercharged Solar Flare, causing him to fly around with far more swiftness, durability, and offensive power than was usual! His blasts seemed to melt right through troopers, and even melted through the armor of goliaths, though tankbots and the dropships themselves were still a bit too heavily armored for him.

Valence blasted a few more robots with her lasers, tearing through a number of troopers and damaging a few goliaths!

Vigil shot a thermite arrow down at a tankbot's missile battery, finding that they had the armor-piercing qualities desired. It melted through into the missile storage portion of the bot, and the missiles promptly exploded, triggering a train reaction that destroyed the entire tankbot.

Max targeted another dropship! However, without the combined power of Valence and Lux also on it, it didn't seem to do much more than slow the dropship down.

Casey fired down at the robots around Diamante, and the various fragments and shrapnel flying around did little to bother the invincible mobster. He just kept punching away, surrounded by exploding robots.

Isidora took a zipline down to the battle below, finding herself just to the right of the massive incoming robotic assault on the Pentagon fortifications. There were troopers, goliaths, and tankbots along with a spiderbot vanguard. The ground troopers were firing with everything they had, and Diamante was out amongst the robots doing his best to stem the tide. She also, curiously, noticed a number of explosive arrows striking the robots, and her trained eyes spotted the blue armored woman rushing from cover to cover around the battlefield, firing arrows as she went.

And then the remaining dropships arrived at the roof, launching a number of missiles and peppering the roof with machine gun fire. Valence's shields protected the nearby Lux, Vigil, Devana, Max Volts, Nine, AND AI Emily from damage. Lone Star and Siren were both struck by machine gun fire, and Cobra King was launched off his feet by an explosion. The Rookie repelled a number of rockets back at the dropships, destroying one, while Bald Eagle flew around doing his best to distract them. Casey used himself as a human shield, protecting Dr. Emily from the worst of the attack with little damage done to himself. Watchwoman simply used her shield to deflect the bullets as she rushed towards the roof access. The Demon put up her own shields to stop the attack, then worked with Nick Urias to throw up some firewalls to obfuscate the heroes.

"FALL BACK FROM THE ROOF!" Bald Eagle yelled as he flew around.

The roof was quickly becoming indefensible regardless of their efforts, as goliaths, tankbots, troopers, and spiderbots were dropped on it. Cobra King was lying wounded and unconscious on the ground, but both Lone Star and Siren could likely extract themselves if they got over the pain.
01-16-2018, 05:51 AM
Triage!

"Cover me!" Emily yelled (to Casey specifically, but also to anyone else in earshot) as she ran for Cobra King. She first hit Lone Star and Siren with some ranged bursts of healing, then focused on healing Cobra King (enough to keep him from fucking dying) and getting him off the roof asap.
01-16-2018, 06:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 06:52 AM by Bigshot.)
Thank God for shields. Valence's teeth are gritted as she throws up a split-second energy field, protecting a number of her comrades from damage. It crackles to life and maintains against her palms. The energy makes her arms tingle! Feels good.

"Argh-- let's get off this roof! You heard the man!" She calls out, maintaining the shield. "I can't hold forever! Everyone, in front of me, let's go, go, go!" The light around the shields ebbs purple and white at the edges, and she takes a few slow steps in retreat. She'd shield Emily and Cobra King if she could, but it doesn't seem possible while trying to keep shields up to catch any stray bullets for everyone else. Still, if she could...she'd definitely try!

Good thing she's still hopped up on everyone's excitement and adrenaline! She'd follow along after everyone last, shielding their fall-back.
01-16-2018, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018 07:42 AM by SupahKiven.)
"Oh, what the hell?" Eva frowned. There wasn't a lot she could do here, not without materializing and getting her organs displaced. Or... whatever happened when she materialized into a solid object. Honestly, finding out wasn't at the top of her to-do list.

Still, there had to be something she could do in here. Eva searched for anything that looked important, ignoring the little robots doing their work. Whether or not she found something, it seemed like there were a few gaps large enough for something small to be placed there. And that would be enough.

"I'll be right back!" Eva called out to Maria, dropping through the bottom of the dropship. She zipped back towards the Pentagon. It took her a moment to remember where the hell the armory was, but she made her way back there, looking for grenades and something like a backpack to carry them in. Wasn't a lot she could do to help on the ground right now, but there was some stuff she could do up there.
01-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Max knew that he was not equipped to survive a barrage, so he retreated back towards the door. Since the robots were closer, he would zap any that looked like they were getting too close.

01-16-2018, 10:29 AM
Casey moved after Emily, wishing he had another weapon to use right now beyond a grenade launcher due to this closer range. When he got a chance when she was healing, he took careful aim and popped a couple off at the drop points, still keeping himself between her and the incoming robots when possible.

"Tell me when you're done. I'll grab you and him and jump off this roof, alright?"

01-16-2018, 04:14 PM
Vigil falls back with the rest, switching to EMP arrows to pick off any robots that got too close to the wounded as the drew back. He motions to Devana to do the same.
01-16-2018, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2018 08:01 AM by Whimbrel.)
Lex tapered off the boost to Solar Flare at the order to fall back, HOPING HE GOT THE PICTURE AND DIDN'T FALL TO HIS DEATH. She looked around, trying to figure out where they were falling back TO. Inside the building? The ground?

And where was Dragonfly? She absolutely needed to make sure her sister was keeping up.

She'd help cover the retreat by blasting enemies on the roof, while she was figuring those out.
01-17-2018, 07:44 AM
Shit. Shit, that hurt. Siren had been standing there staring agape at the dropships - hardly a way to show off in front of the real heroes - when the blast hit and knocked her clean off her feet. Ears ringing, dust in her mouth, she shoved herself trembling back to her feet and stumbled after the others.

"What now?!" she yelled to no one in particular. "I have... a pointy stick and that's basically it, how can I help? Is that inquisitor lady going to be okay?"