Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-06-2018, 07:28 AM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Yasmine's face crumpled when Bevill said no one could be accounted for, then rearranged it into a slightly plasticky smile. At least she always had her pageant training to fall back on! "Thanks, sir. And... one more thing." She took a deep breath. "What do you think our chances are in an all-out assault? Honestly. Because if they're bad, I might have a backup plan." Man, this would be the worst game show ever. Behind door number one, drown all your friends and family and tons of other people! Behind door number two, the end of the world!

"I don't know if you guys know this already, but there's an artifact," she explained to Bevill. "In the ruins under Rainwalk. Well, I mean, there's a bunch of them-" she glanced sidelong at her spear "-but this particular one, the folks that used to live there say it could restore the whole Basin to how it used to be. A sea. I've never seen it, but I think they could help me get there, and I know my electronics don't like getting dropped in the bath so much and maybe- well, maybe a new sea would be better than a total robot apocalypse?"

"We could always go look. If you think assaulting the base is still the right move we could just send a few people to Rainwalk. The city's falle- in bad shape already so it'd be dangerous, but that lady with the statues said she could teleport with them, right? So if things went really south, well..."

"Backup plan."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Kadis - 02-06-2018 07:28 AM