Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
02-07-2018, 10:54 AM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
“Wow.” Yasmine looked surprised – kind of like she’d been expecting Isidora to just punch her in the jaw. “Um, thanks. I’ll be okay, don’t worry. It’s just that…”

She hesitated for a moment, then a big rush of words spilled out. “I mean, like, I don’t want to get into another big rant, but I meant all that cheesy stuff back there, about these guys being my heroes. I always tried to be okay, you know? I stole a chocolate bar once when I was like, eight, from the corner store down the street, and man, no one ever caught me but I slept like someone trying to solve their family’s decades-old disappearance for months. But then we lost that fight, and a bunch of people, and now this, and… Ugh.” If Valence was in the room she’d feel a big pulse of stress and fear.

Then she swallowed blinked a few times before meeting Isidora’s eyes again. “It’s been a long time since I went to church though, and I got friends wherever I go.” She tapped the Spear. “Thanks, though. I mean it. I wasn’t expecting it.”

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Kadis - 02-07-2018 10:54 AM