Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
03-05-2018, 12:15 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"They're all down," the President said. "Not receiving any report of further robot activity. Good job, guys!"

He cleared his throat.

"That said, I should probably reward you guys. Since some of you have saved the world twice now, are national heroes, and seem to be vital parts of humanity's defense...plus that ghostgirl totally saved my life..." he said. "Well, you know the Fairness Federation? Or the Revengers? From the movies? Thinking something like that. Could form you guys into an official group and give you a mild amount of legality, with the approval of Congress."

He laughed.

"Probably a bit stupid, I know, but it was kind of a pain not being able to contact you guys when STORM was around. That said, some of you guys have criminal records. Kane? You killed a kid. Going to be a bit hard to get you completely off the hook, but I can try getting you a reduced sentence in prison. Alternatively you can keep living on the run. Max? I'll speak with the governor of Pennsylvania about getting you a pardon. And Maldonado? Some nice hacker sent me a lot of evidence pointing to the fact that some other lady killed all of your victims. Somebody named Isabela? Anyway, you can change identities, right? Probably cleaner to do things that way. I can get some new identity paperwork in order, let you live a normal life that way with no stigma."

He shrugged.

"Anyway, yeah. I'd like to make your group official if possible. There'd be oversight, and there'd be some training involved if you want to fight crime. No killing, certainly. But it'd be something."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy - Cidellus - 03-05-2018 12:15 PM