Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
03-06-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"Hm..." Lex checked real quick to see if there was a listing for his mysterious sidekick on the communicator as well.
03-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Nick Urias and Cobra King walked up to Simon.

"Hey!" Nick said. "I could use some cash, you know. For stuff."

"I WANT ROBOTIC COBRAS!" Cobra King yelled.

Across the room, Dragonfly just laughed at what Vigil was saying. She wasn't old enough yet to be horribly troubled by Devana's vigilante habits.

And there was a listing for Devana, since Devana had her own communicator!
03-06-2018, 02:03 PM
"...Oh. Oh! The... right." Emily handed the gun over. She'd literally forgotten that she had it. "Well, uh, I guess I'll... call you on this thing if I need anything. And... you know, maybe the president's whole... organization thing will take off? Maybe that'll help. I dunno."

Emily glanced over to the door. "So, uh, wizards can help with the... clothing situation, you said?"
03-06-2018, 02:04 PM
"Hm. You thinking of joining that 'Fairness Federation' thing?" She asked, starting to type up a text to Devana, but erased it without sending. It was mean.
03-06-2018, 02:07 PM
"Haha, no, not if I'm wanted. Besides, people need a better hero than the guy who just riddles racists with arrows... I got something in mind."

Vigil smirked. It was an odd expression to see on his face.

"Keep that quiet, though, until we know STORM is stomped into the dirt for good."
03-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Maria took her gun back!

“Honestly? For folk like you with good intentions and the gumption to make good on them, I hope it works out great. And I’m not sure about the Wizards, but if anyone would know that kind of thing, I think they’d be a good place to start looking. Just be... a little wary. Though, I’d like to bother you on one other thing. Again, entirely separate of the first, so weird feelings or pressure...”

She sighed. “I wondered if you would consider, potentially...” pursing her lips, she considered how to phrase this. “... Accepting commissions.”
03-06-2018, 02:10 PM
"...Cosmetic surgery?" She guessed. Lux didn't think Vigil seemed the type to have any friends or family, so he could probably do something drastic.
03-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Casey watched the shenanigans going on. Lot of weird shit going on, but, still everyone looked somewhat happy. He could sorta support that. This was a good step he'd taken, coming and helping, abandoning the horrible Russian secret forces. Casey decided he should try to keep this momentum going, he could stop being a horrible shithead dude, maybe cut down on the killing during hero activities. That would...That would be swell.

He tried to think of himself in third person and figure out what steps he should be taking. First one he could do would be... He glanced at Diamante. Letting go of all that admittedly partly unjustified and disproportional resentment and rage...

"Naaaah." Went Casey's gut.

Okay, failed that first step. He'd have to make up for that with the other steps. Maybe be a model prisoner or something. Take up tai chii. Yeah.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-06-2018, 02:14 PM
"Little bit more involved."

Vigil paused.

"... I wonder if I could make a... deployable disguise... in a canister..."
03-06-2018, 02:15 PM
"...Commissions?" Emily put a hand to her chin, thinking a moment. "You mean, someone you want me to heal, right?"
03-06-2018, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018 02:20 PM by Whimbrel.)
Lux put an illusion over Vigil with a smirk. It made him look like a vaguely shabby urban Robin Hood. "Been learning crafting. Might be able to make a portable one some day. Probably need to find some magic rocks first, but whatever. That um, what's her face, 'Demon' might be able to hook you up with something magic." She pointed to the headband she was wearing.
03-06-2018, 02:20 PM
"Portable wha-agh no, get it off"

Vigil tries to rub the magic off.

"... Actually... Wait, if you can do that... It could be... Useful... How complex are your illusions?"
03-06-2018, 02:20 PM
It was worth noting that Athena, Adrasteia, Tlaloc, and Chalchi had already left through their respective shrines. Diamante was enjoying free drinks, while AI Emily was sitting in one of the armchairs not doing anything in particular.

Lone Star had already left the ship, since Texas was RIGHT THERE and he was fucking Lone Star.

The Demon was on her way back to Angel City already, and Solar Flare was preparing to fly back to Pinesea. The Blue Armored Lady was waiting for the shuttle back to DC, and Watchwoman was waiting for a flight back to Great Bay City. The Rookie would be heading to DC as well, since he could make his own way back to Shermingham from there.
03-06-2018, 02:24 PM
Maria nodded. “Two people I was looking to help. I’ve got things lined up to where they’d be receiving prosthetics, spinal surgery, that sort of thing. Won’t go too far into detail unless you’d pick it up or like to know, but. I imagine they’d be happier with fleshy legs. And their happiness is paramount to me. If you were to consider it, of course I’d manage the travel and all for whoever goes where. I could pay you, money or services.”

She paused. And went a little red.

“I’m- I don’t mean like a prostitute, I mean like, I’m a death god and I’m buff and I’m sneaky and I can go a lot of places fast, go make the rounds to gather specific information, that kinda thing. Favors ends up being how my side of things does business, it would be an option.”
"If I craft it like a filter to modify the light just over your skin very slightly, it doesn't take that much concentration at all. But I can't yet make it exist independent of my proximity and attention." She shrugged. "Needs more practice."
Max said to Isidora, "Call me later about what you wanted to say if you're not still here."

He then picked up the communicator.

"Hello? Who is this?"

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-06-2018, 02:25 PM
"What if I wanted to, theoretically, fight myself"

Vigil glanced around.

"Theoretically."
03-06-2018, 02:28 PM
A second Vigil appeared to the left of Vigil. He looked over at his double, and silently hmphed.
03-06-2018, 02:29 PM
Vigil looked over, examined the double for a moment, then nodded.

"Okay, yeah, I'm officially owing you a favor if you can help me with something down the line."
03-06-2018, 02:31 PM
"Hm...." The Vigil clone offered a thumbs up. Then indicated that it wanted a high five.
03-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Vigil frowned.

"... Needs work, though. Vigil doesn't do high fives."

He left it hanging.
03-06-2018, 02:36 PM
"Not even to seal a deal?" She asked, a fake tone of grandiose menace in her voice. The Vigil clone looked upset.
03-06-2018, 02:40 PM
Simon kind of ignores Vigil more or less completely and gives Cobra King a look. After a pause he shrugs. "Yeah, I'll see what I can do. I owe you anyways, Nick."

He pulls out a note and gives it Nick Urias. "There, account number. Just let me know what you need and I'll get it transferred there. As for snakes, uh."

Another look at Cobra King.

"Literally all I know about you is that you robbed a few stores with snakes, yet here you are saving the world regardless. What would you use robot snakes for?"
03-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Vigil sighed, shoulders slumping.

"Fine."

He gives the world's most reluctant high five to his illusory double.
03-06-2018, 02:51 PM
"Click." Says Lux, holding a(n illusory) camera. It flashed and everything. Then the fake Vigil dissolved into sparkles and swirled around a bit. Completely unnecessary, but it was good to unwind a bit after thinking the world might be about to end.
03-06-2018, 02:54 PM
"AGH"

Vigil stumbled around, rubbing his eyes, like the gruff antihero he was.
03-07-2018, 02:48 AM
Siren shifted, then slid most of the way out of her chair with a start. AUGH YASMINE WHY. Falling asleep while the president was talking? It had been a long day, but seriously?

Man, this Friendship Federation sounded right up her alley though. Cool hangouts with real heroes, press conferences, saving the world and being friends? Everyone seemed kinda grumpy about it but she was down. Even if it just ended up being her and the snake guy.

(...please don't let it be me and the snake guy.)

She had a couple people to talk too as well! Maria, Isidora, and Simon all seemed pretty busy though, so she went up to Bevill instead. "Hey, sir? I meant to ask when the president was on, but I got kinda tongue-tied, and... you know. Fell asleep a little. Uh, I was wondering, has anyone heard from Rainwalk? Is everyone out of the camps?" She tried to shrug but ended up just kind of sadly slumping instead. "My family and friends were down there."
03-07-2018, 02:58 AM
“I am unaware of the state of things in Rainwalk, though I assume things will clear up there in time,” Bevill said. “That will likely be a complication in logistics til a bridge can be built.”
03-07-2018, 03:29 AM
"Right, a bridge." Not everyone else could swim, duh. "If there's any way I can help with relief efforts, let me know. Even if its just going around reminding folks to take swimming lessons."

"What about the Streak? Has anyone heard from him? He was on that race, and I was kinda worried..."
03-07-2018, 04:27 AM
“We have heard nothing from him this far...though sensors indicate two very fast objects still moving across the world. So there is that.”
03-07-2018, 04:52 AM
"Max Volts, right? Guy who is responsible for the latest catastrophe?"

03-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Emily was about to reply to Maria in a completely non-awkward manner, but then she suddenly started talking about prostitution?? Emily wasn't even thinking about that. Emily didn't have a dirty mind, unlike some people I guess.

"I, uh- I mean. I can, uh. I'm sure I can help your friends?? Money isn't really necessary, but, thanks? I'll probably call on you eventually if I need you for something. Something that isn't. Prostitution. Because I mean. That would be really kind of weird."
03-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Maria decided she wanted to die. That immortality, as she had already guessed, was awful. That she didn’t want it. It was over. She looked like she wanted to die. She looked at her helmet? Like? Hey? Hiding might be nice?

She coughed, “Right, Uhh, I’ll just text you when things have settled a little, firm all that up then. Thank you, doctor. aHEM,” Oh god. What was stuck in her throat. Embarrassment? “I’ll uhh, leave you to your business then, getting home. Hope this one’s... Less of a disaster to get home to than the last one.”

She nodded, and excused herself. Back to the lounge. Helmet ON.
03-07-2018, 11:47 AM
That... went well. Kind of. Relatively.

Emily decided she'd check in with her later. For now, she ALSO walked into the lounge, and just kinda... looked around.

"Uh, excuse me?" she said to the room. "Is there a, uh, wizard I can talk to? I have some limbs I need to hide."
03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
As Vigil was stumbling about, who should walk in but the Coyote herself? Lux flickered, and then vanished.

A few steps later, and she appeared behind Coyote. Arms folded. 'Casually' leaning up against the wall. She forced a cough to get her attention. Then there was an awkward pause. "I'll take one of those statues, if you don't mind me taking advantage. Not like I have my own room or anything. Though if you could make it more of an abstract representation than the primitive realism look you've been trying for, it'd fit my decor better."
03-07-2018, 11:51 AM
"Excuse me," Nick said to Simon before rushing off towards Emily. "Did somebody say WIZARD!?"

Nick handed Emily a business card that read "NICK URIAS: PROBLEM SOLVER". It had his phone number and e-mail address on it.

"Nick Urias, at your service!"
03-07-2018, 11:56 AM
Emily inspects the business card. This is sketchy already, but Emily supposes that's just what wizards are like.

"Uh, yeah, hi, I said wizard." Emily gestures at her wings. "I need to hide these. Preferably without cutting them off."
03-07-2018, 12:04 PM
”I took theater instead of art classes, my sculpting doesn’t get better than this.” Maria said, through her helmet, which she was wearing again. She turned to face Lux. And did a quick mental take. One on the ship, one in her hands... Shit. This was her last roaming one.

”... You can. I can make more, and will very soon. But it will be ugly.
03-07-2018, 12:06 PM
"WHERE'D YOU GO, THIS IS LESS COOL WHEN IT'S PULLED ON ME!"

Vigil stumbles off in a random direction, recovering from the flash.
03-07-2018, 12:07 PM
"How about. I'll put something together, and you trust my design enough not to question it." She was going to make something cool looking. It was not going to look terribly like Maria.
03-07-2018, 12:11 PM
”As long as it’s fitting enough to where the spell lets me notice.” Maria nodded. She wasn’t picky about them. ”Really, I’m mostly surprised you want to put one up in the first place.”
03-07-2018, 12:15 PM
"I'm not mad," she said, glaring at the insinuation that she would be PETTY ENOUGH to kill Maria over that time when they had a bad time not too long ago. She looked mad. "...And like I said. Don't have my own room." She shrugged.
03-07-2018, 12:24 PM
She... She wasn’t... Why... Alright. Maria... nodded. She smirked a little under the helmet. ”My dad’s place cramping your style?”
03-07-2018, 12:26 PM
"He sits around playing MINECRAFT for 168 hours of the day." She revealed, distinctly unimpressed with Maria's dad.
03-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Max sighed. "That's me."

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-07-2018, 12:42 PM
Maria snorted REAL LOUD. ”Hoo... Yeah, I can imagine not being enthralled. Yeah, sometime after you’ve made it and we both have some time, we can set you up. Talk about it then, yeah?”
03-07-2018, 12:50 PM
The teenager shrugged, and walked off.

She'd corner Jasper somewhere, now that she was done talking to other heroes!
03-07-2018, 01:11 PM
Isidora taps her foot. "Who are we waiting on."
03-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Hmm. Well. Max looked busy. Maria went up to Beville to ask if #Hero was still around.
03-07-2018, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 01:19 PM by Cidellus.)
"I can probably figure something out," Nick said. "But it's going to cost you AT LEAST...eh, I don't know. Rich boy over there has already agreed to bankroll me."

Nick sighed.

"...eh, I'll just ignore that offer. Makes things too easy! Anyway, going to need a couch to sleep on if I ever visit Mishawum again. Deal?"

Meanwhile, Lux found Jasper sitting in a rec room near the hangar. He looked tired, and was enjoying a bottle of water while he waited around.

Bald Eagle looked to Isidora.

"I think one or two of the heroes wants to go to DC," Bald Eagle said.

Bevill was standing proudly in the lounge, watching the proceedings.

"Uh..." he said to Maria. "Believe they requested that nobody see them."