Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
03-07-2018, 01:26 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
Emily briefly considered just what she was getting herself into with this.

"...Deal, on the condition that you don't bring the cops to my door with you. Alright?"
03-07-2018, 01:28 PM
“Damn. Fair. Well. If you see them again before they leave, I’d appreciate it if you let them know I’m. I’m glad they’re alright. And maybe they shouldn’t be a stranger, got some other words for them too.”

Maria nodded, and went to take all the shrines back, save the one on ship and the one in her backpack. Then she went to go sit down and wait for Max.
03-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Vigil wanders off to find Devana to get ready to go back to D.C.
03-08-2018, 02:19 AM
"Hey," she greeted him, resting her elbows on the back of a chair, then resting her chin on her elbows. "Good flying out there."
03-08-2018, 02:22 AM
"Not DIRECTLY to your door," Nick promised.

"Thanks," Jasper said. "Good fighting out there. You all right?"
03-08-2018, 02:25 AM
"Little tired. Doctor Emily took care of everything else." She shrugged.
03-08-2018, 07:09 AM
"Good. So was there something you wanted to talk about earlier?"
03-08-2018, 07:22 AM
"Mm.. Yeah." She shrugged. Looked away, then back. Still hesitating even though she came here to talk about it.

"So...I don't know that it'll ever be relevant. And maybe these are things you already knew. I mean, they're not exactly complicated techniques," she dithered.

"So. Uh. Prince Magic. The...mind controlly ones, anyway... Um. Aside from a, um...pre-emptive...removal of free will...it can also be resisted by, um. 'Willpower,'" she made little airquotes at that. It was evident that even she didn't find that a particularly helpful piece of information.

"But...failing that... That mind control can be broken entirely by, um. A temporary death. Of the person affected."
03-08-2018, 07:23 AM
"Hm...not sure if that'll ever come in handy," Jasper said. "But it's useful information to have if it does end up being necessary. I'll let Bevill know."
03-08-2018, 07:27 AM
She shrugged. "Hoping it doesn't. But. Yeah. It might work on other things. Especially if they affect the soul. Haven't really tested it. That's all I really had to pass on."
03-08-2018, 07:28 AM
"All right," he said. "Stay safe. From what I hear, STORM is just about gone. Might actually have some time to visit on occasion."
03-08-2018, 07:39 AM
"I'll be expecting it, then." She said, smiling. "...And you have to bring me along if there's a mission in my area!" She declared, as she left to let her sister know she was ready to head out.
03-08-2018, 12:38 PM
And so Vigil, Devana, the blue armored lady, Lux, Isidora, Bald Eagle, and the Rookie took off on a dropship headed to DC!

Woo!

Dragonfly was going to Mishawum instead, so she was waiting for that dropship.

(moving the DC trip dropship to the old Team Flood thread!)
03-08-2018, 12:58 PM
"It's a deal, then, Nick." Emily offers a hand. Not RIGHT to her door is probably the best she can hope for.
03-08-2018, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 02:25 PM by MQuinny1234.)
Well, that was a lot of pains in the ass gone pleasantly. Casey mentally raised a finger to those hot messes.

In the meantime...Well, he just took a little sit down and poured himself a drink. It was nice that whiskey was quite salt free. He pulled a chair up to the window and stared out idly. Taking casual sips.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 02:49 PM by Cidellus.)
Nick shook her hand!

"Great! Guess I'm heading to Mishawum next, then! Going to take a day or two to make it, afterall."

Desmond's call to Max dropped!
03-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Max stared at the communicator in his hand.

"Huh, bad reception."

He looked around to see who all was there, realized that none of the heroes he wanted to talk to were there, so he went over to robot Emily.

"How are you feeling, Emily? About the only other person like you on this planet dying like that?"

The one, the only, Vancho!
03-08-2018, 03:04 PM
"...she was not like me, Max," she said, sounding somewhat hurt. "I know what you mean, but she was not like me."
03-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Max put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Emily. You're absolutely right. You're not like her at all. I just thought..."

He stopped and sat down.

"I don't know. How do you feel about this? I don't know what's going on inside your mind. I don't know what's even happening anymore. I feel unmoored from reality - is it really over? That suddenly? Everything's happening so quickly, and I have no idea of what to do with my life after this. How can I possibly even begin to atone for almost ending the world? I just..."

He buried his face in his hands and sat there.

03-08-2018, 03:56 PM
Simon sees Max breaking down. He walks over, leaving Cobra King to come up with his pitch for needing/deserving robot snakes, and gives Emily a nod as he comes up to them before turning to Max.

"Hey. For what it's worth, we've all made mistakes. The best we can do is pick ourselves back up and move forward. You also helped fix it, that's worth something. If either of you need any help, even if it's just help keeping hidden and far away from it all, don't hesitate to ask."
03-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Max looked up at Simon.

"I'll consider it... Thanks."

03-09-2018, 05:25 PM
"Indeed. Every human seems to make serious mistakes at some point in their lives," Emily said. "All you can do is attempt to work past it, and learn to live with what has happened."
03-09-2018, 05:40 PM
"I guess I'll just... try to not be seen on the way home. Or hide them or something? Can't be that hard."

Emily considers the logistics of hiding her wings under her labcoat. She's pretty much ready to go to Mishawum now.
03-10-2018, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2018 07:48 AM by Cidellus.)
Dr. Emily, Nick Urias, and the Dragonfly all headed off to Mishawum in a ship piloted by Agent Richard Hawke!
03-10-2018, 10:16 AM
"Thank you, Emily. Let's go. I want to see if I can find my family or my friend Bruce."

Max asks to be dropped off in Freiwerk, if nobody objects.

03-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Ok. All her weapons gathered. One shrine on the ship, one in the hand... Looked like Max was leaving? She went onto whatever he took.
03-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Max saw Maria following him and half-smiled.

"We should talk, in private I guess."

03-10-2018, 06:34 PM
Max, Maria, and AI Emily left the ship via a dropship piloted by Agent Alan Hawke!
03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Casey took another drink sip, got up, and tottled over to Simon, now that things were fairly quiet. "Good job talking to Max." He said simply, slightly slurring, but giving him a respectfully nod. "You were at the last big event too, right?"

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
03-11-2018, 06:37 PM
"Yeah, I was. Stayed behind to get the other survivors back to the pentagon, showed up again when you guys brought down the shields?"

Simon awkwardly chuckles and looks down.

"Wasn't much use then either, but I figure I might as well try and help."
03-12-2018, 07:03 AM
"Hey, last time I got stepped on man, it happens. Good on you for helping out anyway." He took another glug. "Seems it was mostly her that saved the day, ish. Technically the other three made it a clean win." Casey said, referring dismissively to the saviors of Pete. "Hey Siren. Congragulations on flooding a state and saving the world!" He yelled over, raising his glass.

03-14-2018, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2018 09:30 AM by Palamedes.)
"Oh and hey, feel free to get in touch when you're on the straight and narrow again. Like I told Max, I've made mistakes as well, and while they're not as bad as either of yours I'm willing to believe they can be made up for."

With that, Simon waits to leave (or be bothered by one of the few remaining heroes).
03-15-2018, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2018 02:34 PM by MQuinny1234.)
Casey was suitably sloshed enough to go to jail now, so he stumbled to a pod. And stopped. He hadn't actually gone to the bathroom since the whole siege to robo base thing, so he'd do that first.

Natural events took it's course, and one trashed toilet later, Casey tottered out and over to the pilot. Except, first he went back in and scrawled "Eeeehh, totes Sorry. Big D-D!" with some handwash on the mirror.

Then, to the pilot!

He shoved open the door. "I'm ready to go back to jail now." He exclaimed, pointed towards the horizon. "Onwards my good-" *Squint* "-Sir or Madam! To anti-freedom!"

03-15-2018, 02:59 PM
And so, Simon left on a dropship bound for Neutaven piloted by one Agent Jen Arcuri.

Casey, meanwhile, was piloted to the prison by John Grimm.

"I'm your ex-boss," Grimm grumbled, flying off in the dropship.
03-16-2018, 01:55 AM
"Thanks! I think! I think that's a thanks thing?" Siren said to Casey before he vanished.

She'd get off herself when there was a dropship ready to take her - she could always call people later. There was a newly flooded state that was probably in need of some heroism around now.

Although, uh. Maybe she wouldn't mention right away that she was the one who flooded it.
03-16-2018, 05:47 AM
Yasmine was taken down to Rainwalk in a dropship piloted by Agent Hung!

This left only Wendy and Cass on the ship out of player character heroes!
03-19-2018, 09:32 AM
"Well, it was nice meeting you!" Says Valence to Nine, then she waves and then she hops onto a ship back to Independence, I guess! TIME TO GO!
03-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Valence took off on a dropship piloted by Agent Chen.
03-20-2018, 07:19 AM
“Way to work as a team guys! Goodbye everyone!” She walks off the ship, giving Valence her number on the way out, then made her way back to her home!.
03-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Cass took off in a dropship piloted by Agent Caldera!

So ends the crossover!
04-19-2018, 02:33 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2018 05:35 PM by Anomaly.)
Oops, Emily was too responsible to remain a superhero post-timeskip.

Next one!

Alias: Iolaire

Home City: Mishawum. She was there when they founded it, you know.

City Description: Still not needed. I sure go through a lot of characters, huh?

Character Description: A very tall, deathly pale woman, with longish black hair and vaguely spooky eyes. Dresses in a style that could be generally described as “goth”. Not to mention concealing, in the rare occasion she’s out during the day. Has some vaguely goat-like features that grow significantly more pronounced when she’s using the full extent of her powers.

Character Personality: Friendly, generally chill, and vaguely aloof when she’s off work; super-intense and terrifying when she’s working.

Character Background: Seona was born in the year 1285 AD in the highlands of Scotland, which you might recognize as being ‘a long time ago’. She had a different name back then, but honestly, when you’re over 700 years old, you lose track of all the different names you’ve gone through. She was a peasant of no note whatsoever back then, herding sheep and such, until a certain war for independence broke out. She fought in that to get those damned Englishmen away from her sheep, and promptly had the shit stabbed out of her in her very first battle. She would have died then and there, but as it goes in Scotland, some magical bullshit was about.

And so, an indeterminate amount of time later, Seona re-awoke, with a sudden aversion to sunlight and an equally sudden thirst for blood. Seemed that a coven of vampires had scoped out the battlefield after-the-fact, hoping to find some survivors to convert, and Seona was among them. She took the news about as well as one might expect, which is to say, actually pretty badly. She took the news that her farm had been burned and her sheep slaughtered even worse. Seona immediately abandoned her new coven, swearing vengeance against the English, and take vengeance she did, fighting in various wars against the English throughout the ages under various guises. One of those wars even lasted a hundred years, it was nuts.

But, really, there was only so many Englishmen she could kill. Technically, that number was equal to the population of England, but in practical terms, trying to kill everyone in England was dumb as hell. She spent some time lying low, traveling the world and learning various trades, including a fun little trade known as “assassination”. She began selling her services as an assassin all over the place, occasionally faking her death and/or going into hiding when people got suspicious. Eventually, she hopped on a ship across the Atlantic and ended up at the newly-founded colony of Mishawum.

Being a vampire amongst puritans, Seona got exiled pretty fast, which, you know, whatever. Puritans only lived for like 30 years anyway, she just waited and came back when they were all dead. She kept on assassin-ing during various wars in the growing America, ending up in numerous hijinx with a variety of historical figures that would no doubt make for an entertaining, if implausible, work of fiction. She finally gave up on getting involved with wars around the end of the civil war (though she did take plenty of time to fuck with Confederates), because war was just getting too dangerous. So much more fire involved than back in the day.

In the late 1800s, she finally settled back in Mishawum, using her assassination money to have a big gothic manor built in town, which she’s lived in to this day under the identity of a variety of heirs to the old MacLeòid fortune. She still makes her living as an assassin, mostly taking jobs from the city’s thriving magical underworld - and whoever else can manage to get in contact. Seona MacLeòid is her most recent identity, a reclusive concert pianist who inherited the manor and fortune after her aunt’s tragic death in a skeet shooting incident back in 2004.

Costume Description: Not really anything in particular. It’s less conspicuous to just wear ordinary clothes than to run around in an edgy cloak and shit.

Advantages:

The usual vampire nonsense - Seona has incredible agility and strength, as most vampires do. Nothing to write home about. Has to drink blood, recovers from injuries quickly, et cetera.

Glaistig - Seona, in her “normal” form, looks like some kind of weird goat woman. You know, with goat legs and crap. However, she can shapeshift, either to appear human, or into various animals - nothing much larger than a human, though.

Siren’s song - Any music produced by Seona has a supernaturally captivating quality to it, useful for distracting or enthralling people. She’s learned to play numerous instruments over her long life, including but not limited to: violin, piano, harpsichord, pipe organ, saxophone, lute, banjo, accordion, bagpipes, glockenspiel, cello, and sousaphone.

Misdirection - Seona has the power to disrupt peoples’ sense of direction, making them more likely to get lost in places like dense cities or paths in the woods.

Good at weapons - Seona has a bunch of weapons from across the ages stored in her mansion, and is good at using them. Not, like, a master exactly, but she’s competent at minimum.

Disadvantages:

The sun, the sun! - The sun kills vampires. Obviously. That’s nothing new.

Yearning, burning - Vampires are flammable, it turns out. The “why” is a mystery for the ages.

Stakeout - Why, yes, vampires can also be staked.

Friends and Contacts:

The Angels of Darkness - A coven of goth lesbian vampires. While Seona isn’t a proper member of the coven, she has close connections with them, frequently taking contracts from them and rejecting any contracts that would target their members.

Cateline Sauvage - A member of the Angels of Darkness. Handles most of the jobs the Angels give to Seona; occasionally plays violin to accompany Seona during concerts.

Jimbopulos Thrax - A local wizard, runs a used car dealership on the outskirts of Mishawum. Much older, wiser, and less sketchy than he appears.

Adhara Vinter - Another local wizard; bartender at a secret Magic Pub that Seona frequents, near MIT. Said pub has been here almost as long as Seona. Adhara has not.

Sabriyya Samara - A local Wizard Detective and a real thorn in Seona’s side. Then again, Seona’s a real thorn in her side, so it’s a mutual sort of Magic Rivalry.

Rebecca Olander - A completely mundane human tattoo artist. She’s acquainted with Seona due to some Magic Shenanigans. Owns, like, three cats.

Fionnaghal - The leader of the Seona’s old coven, back in Scotland. Extremely old, very powerful. Possibly a little peeved at Seona, if she remembers her.
04-22-2018, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2018 06:40 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)

Alias: Vocifer Vox

Home City: Cave that’s shaped like a dragon skull in Neutaven

Character description: Moderately buff professor-man (6'0'') with glasses and a chip on his shoulder. When he transforms, he becomes a buffer, taller scalie (red scales, gold horns, 7'0''). The transformation is not unlike a Super Saiyan mode but with more fire.

Character personality: The very epitome of nerd rage. It just got worst with dragon-y instincts like hoarding gold, kidnapping nobility, and a predilection for third-person pompous speeches. (Instincts is not actually instincts, he’s just a dick).

Character background: tl;dr He was an archaeologist but he touched something weird. Now he’s jobless and out to burn the world. His biggest goal is to turn into a dragon because he’s Kind Of Like That. No, he has never encountered a dragon before, but they sure sound cool.

Costume Description:
Tends to go around in pants and no shirt. He goes through a lot of them because his transformation to his dragon-form involves a lot of fire.

Character advantages:

Superhuman strength and constitution – shredded as hell.
Fire imperviousness – would definitely die if thrown into the sun or nuked but he’s frighteningly impervious to high temperatures.
Retractable horns, claws, wings.
Martial arts – so whatever he touched beamed like marital arts information into his brain, that totally makes sense.
Sonic breath – can shout loud enough to deafen and knock back people with considerable force.

Character weaknesses:

Magic – his strength is magic and so can be countered by magic.

Friends and contacts:

Kobolds – they’re actually humans recruited from furry conventions, in crappy reptile costumes. Basically, they’re grunt-work minions. Not very competent, but hey. Kobold 21 and Kobold 24 are the most vocal.

Taylor Taylor the tailor – lady who has the valuable ability to sew clothes and operate a not-Costco membership card so she buy pants in bulk. Not actually a furry but she lives in the base to evade debt and taxes. Friendly but constantly on the edge.

William Wyrm, PhD - rando who lives in the base and somehow does not have a revoked medical degree. General practitioner, pharmacist, EMT. The most valuable dude arguably despite his dark and mysterious past. Vox only hired him because his last name is “wyrm.”