Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
08-18-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: Masks: Tales of Heroism and Villainy
"Are you certain? We have plenty of money," she said. "And you just came back to life, right?"
08-18-2018, 03:56 PM
“I’m not giving all of it back.” Maria clarified, smiling. “I think ten grand is plenty for insulting my honor, wrongly, in front of everyone. So foul a mouth. For shame.”
08-18-2018, 04:02 PM
"Oh...you sure you don't want more?" Marcella asked her, concerned.

She adopted a hushed tone.

"I sometimes teleport into bank vaults and take a little. They're rich and insured, no need to worry. You need something to help you get back on your feet?" she asked.
08-18-2018, 04:42 PM
Maria couldn’t believe this sweet looking woman just told her she did high value theft. She guessed... she was a wizard... and if Desmond and Nick were any good representation of them, they were quite the uhhhhhhhhhh whacky bunch.

“That’s- uhh- that’s very sweet of you,” She said, relocating the bag closer into Marcella’s space, “But I will be fine, thank you. However, I’m incredibly petty when it comes to your son, the combination of lighter pockets and his mother delivering his shame is just- It would mean the world to me, ma’am.”
08-18-2018, 04:44 PM
"All right," she smiled, taking it back. "Let me know if you need a lift anywhere after this, as well."
08-18-2018, 05:02 PM
“Very kind, but I think I should probably make sure Lux...”

Maria squinted. And she looked behind her. And she leaned back in her seat to get a fair view of the arcade. . . .

“You haven’t seen where she’s gone actually, have you?”
08-18-2018, 05:05 PM
"No," she said, shaking her head.
08-18-2018, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2018 08:30 PM by Galloglasses.)
Desmond went to get more drinks, finding Isidora by the wine.

"Hey." he said, slightly slurred as he got more to drink, opting for the cognac It was evidently very cheap variety. "So, how is Ceridwen, in general I mean."

08-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Casey got onto the DDR machine, and started giving it a go, trying to focus on not stamping too hard and avoiding the jumping off with both feet. He wasn't great, but he was trying real hard, throwing in some arm gestures and hip wiggles and tongue-sticking-out-with-concentration to make up for it.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Max sipped at his drink and looked around the bar.

The one, the only, Vancho!
08-19-2018, 03:25 PM
Casey did pretty well at DDR! Didn't beat the highest scores, but he didn't break it. Always a plus!

Max looked around the bar and saw Nick Urias sitting a few seats down, drinking tequila still. He seemed to be wobbling a bit.
08-19-2018, 10:46 PM
"She's... Well. I've kept her well supplied on treats and toys, taken her into combat with the Burning Butcher, and done all I could to make her happy as I could. I worry sometimes that I'm not the best partner for her, but... She stays. For what reason, I couldn't tell you. I'm rather dreadfully confused on the matter. Have you got any clue? I... Honestly rather expected her to stay with you."
08-20-2018, 02:19 AM
Max moved over to sit down next to Nick.

"Hey there, might want to slow down on the tequila."

The one, the only, Vancho!
08-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Casey threw up his hands, slightly dismayed he couldn't add "ASS" to the high scores, but happy he hadn't crippled himself and/or the machine in the process. Well, that was done. He then went and ordered what was a banana milkshake with caramel and vanilla topping spiked with rum. With a straw. People looked like they were chilling out, that was good. Well, chilling or passing out anyway. This wasn't as much of a catastrophic fuck-up as it could have been. Neat.

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-20-2018, 06:38 AM
"Mhm," Desmond murmured. "She's a shadowcat, you can't really force them to do anything. If she stays she likes you, probably smells some kind of magic off of you, no offence, I don't know your business."

08-20-2018, 09:21 AM
The sun was now coming up over the horizon, and the night manager of the Lenny's came out to address them all.

"Hey, it's almost 5 AM. In a bit we should be getting our early morning breakfast regulars," said the manager. "Just a little warning, since I don't think you guys want that kind of attention."

"Thank you," said Emily the AI. "I will cover the bill, if that is okay."
08-20-2018, 10:00 AM
Oh. Oh no. Lux was gone, and Lux was both a shithead and invisible so she’d never find her, and she was vulnerable and-

And she had a big magic sword and was invisible and who in the world was busy looking for a hero to kill when they could be coping with the whole ‘we just met god’ thing or celebrating being alive? Come on Maria. Calm down. That whole thought process was just a slideshow of expressions on her face, that ended with her sighing. “Well. Shoot. That’s my goof. I-“

Mr Lenny’s was a good, kind man. “I should get some stuff together then, thank you ma’am, it’s been nice to meet you.”

And then she got up, and as a blanket statement so I don’t have to do a lot of RPing I don’t want to, was going to get the phone numbers of basically everyone there who would give her one (that she didn’t already have memorized anyway.) Except Raven. She also wasn’t going to fight Emily on the payment, but she’d leave a few hundred on the Pangaea table, and make sure the mud was out of the booth. Then it was time to collect her friends and her armor on the good old sun chariot.
08-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Casey was kinda tipsy, so was getting a bit huggsy and weepy and shit, and totally gave out phone numbers if asked. He'd give Nick a pat on the back tho' and say he'd hit him up at some point to try vamp hunting again. Then it was a quick trip to the bathroom, some smashing sounds came from it, a brisk walk out as he waved goodbye and clambered onto the chariot.

08-20-2018, 01:35 PM
She chuckles. "I... Have my doubts about that. But either way, that's well enough with me."
08-20-2018, 01:51 PM
"She's more intelligent than any normal cat could ever be, so don't overjudge her moodiness."

08-20-2018, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2018 02:32 PM by Cidellus.)
"All right, everybody aboard," said Apollo, climbing onto the Sun Chariot as the sun began to rise.

Marcella teleported Max and Emily back to Freiwerk, and also teleported Dr. Emily back to Mishawum. She'd also teleport Isidora back to Great Bay City (if that's what she wanted), and would take Desmond back to Solomon City as a final action. This was after she gave her best wishes to everybody, of course.

Everybody else (except Vigil and the Streak) had to use the sun chariot to get home. Marcella's energy wasn't limitless, afterall.

Nick Urias was dropped off in Neutaven, Ulrika was dropped off in Stockholm, the Streak tore off all his clothes and disappeared down the street, Rafael and Catalina were dropped off in Mexico City, Casey was dropped off in Milan (assuming that was where he wanted to go), Maria was dropped off in Ciudad, and Mason was dropped off in Arden dead last.

Alongside the sleeping Lex who was stowing away aboard the sun chariot.

The Lenny's adventure was at an end.

Any final things you guys wanted to do before the Lenny's adventure you can stick in here, like collecting numbers or whatever. Back to PM-land.