Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
07-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Post: #101
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chrometallica punches again. Chrometallica always wins. Blargh.
Reply
07-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Post: #102
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Vyk hides the stick on his person and goes ahead with Avery's plan.
Reply
07-10-2016, 03:14 PM
Post: #103
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Torment continues to try escaping.
Reply
07-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Post: #104
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Avery tries to pass as a guard escorting prisoners.. he goes the other way then the fight is happening.
Reply
07-11-2016, 03:54 AM
Post: #105
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
(07-10-2016 03:14 PM)Discord The Hedgehog Wrote:  Torment continues to try escaping.

bahahahaha

Chance tries to foil Torment's chances of escape once again but tying the knot so intricately, it becomes a gordian knot

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
Reply
07-13-2016, 04:56 PM
Post: #106
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Initiative Rolls:

Magnus: 19
Maxine: 15
Chance: 15
Torment: 20 (Double actions first round!)
Chrometallica: 7

Guard A: 2
Guard B: 12
Guard C: 14

Combat order is: Torment, Magnus, Maxine, Chance, C, B, Chrometallica, A, interrupts.

Torment attempts to wriggle free, but is unsuccessful (10). Torment tries again, but no dice! (6)

Magnus bashes Guard C with his club, which he forgot to use previously. Guard C takes 3 damage! (15)

Maxine manages to wrestle away Guard A's baton! (18)

Chance ties Torment up just a bit tighter. What a jerk! (14).

Guard C attacks Magnus, but misses! (2)

Guard B attacks Chrometallica, but misses! (9).

Chrometallica swings at guard C, but misses! (3)

Guard A attacks Chance, hitting for 1 damage! (19).

Taava charges Guard B, dealing 1 damage! (17)

Limburr's iron bar flies right over guard C's head (5)

All players may now adjust combat orders.

Guard Status:
A: HP: 3/6
B: HP: 2/6, Baton 3/4
C: HP: 3/6, Baton 3/4

Avery and Vyk attempt to sneak past. Avery manages to get past the fight, but Vyk trips and makes a loud noise (12, 3). One of the guards shouts to Avery, "Help! These prisoners are escaping, subdue them!"

Ifrit throws his hands up in a gesture of surrender, but the guard isn't buying it. He draws his baton and says, "On the ground, now!" Ifrit is in combat! (6)

Living Players:

Limburr [SupahKiven]:
HP: 9/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Tree-Armament - Can spend HP to attempt to gain a temporary weapon.
Equipment:
- Stick[1] - +1 damage, loses 1 durability per hit.
- Iron Bar[5] - +1 to hit/+1 damage. Loses 1 durability per hit.

EXP: 7

Ifrit Azazel [Coldblooded]:
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Blood School
- HELLFIRE [2R] - Can expend charges to summon magical demonic fire. Regains a charge when you strike a killing blow on an opponent. Blood Mages can spend HP to attempt to regain charges.
Equipment:
- Hardtack - Surprisingly, still edible.

EXP: 7

Chrometallica [Acolyte Doctor]:
HP: 10
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0

EXP: 7

Chance [ICan'tGiveCredit]:
HP: 6/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Fate Swap - When you roll a natural one, you have a 25% chance to swap rolls with a random other player.

EXP: 5

Magnus Illkor (the real) [Palamedes]:
HP: 8/10
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Equipment:
- Club[4] - A wooden club. Gives +1 damage, loses one durability per hit.
EXP: 7

Dr. Wyrm [Anomaly]:
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
I like to play the drums - Gains a bonus to all attempts to play the drums.
Equipment:
- Drumset - A collection of drums.
- Drumsticks - Infinitely many

EXP: 4

Dame Maxine [Supernerd]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Veteran Instinct - Instead of making a normal attack, may choose to reduce damage dealt in exchange for blocking damage taken.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 6

Faithful Taava [chimericWilder]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Holy School
- Zealous Heal[4R] - May attempt to heal a character. That character takes damage over the next few turns. Holy Mages can pray at shrines to attempt to restore charges.

EXP: 6

Joseph Avery [Bramzter]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Master of Disguise - May attempt to disguise self as another.
Equipment:
- Guard Uniform - Looks surprisingly real.
- Guard Keyring - Probably has some of the keys to cells around here, maybe even other doors.
- Guard Baton[3] - +2 damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Rusty Shiv[1] - +2 damage on a hit, breaks immediately.
EXP: 6

Vyk [RatStar]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Shadow School
- Steal[7] - May attempt to magically steal any item from another character, NPC, or simply an item out of reach. Only usable by Shadow Mages.
Equipment:
- Guard's Key - Is a master key for all the cells in this block. Neat!
- Old Stick[2] - +1 damage per hit, loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 6

Torment [Discord The Hedgehog]
HP: 8/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Dark School
- Raise Skeleton[5] - Raises a skeletal minion from a fallen enemy. Can only be used by dark mages.

EXP: 3

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
07-13-2016, 05:28 PM
Post: #107
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
"Hmph." Limburr grunted, reeling back his errant swing. Swapping his pipe out for his stick, Limburr goes for the guard with the highest amount of health.
Reply
07-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Post: #108
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Torment will continue trying to escape.
He'll also look at Chance and say "The hell you doing that for?"
Reply
07-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Post: #109
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
The real Magnus Illkor tries to talk the guards into surrendering. If they don't, he lays the beatdown on and steals the clubs of any downed guards.
Reply
07-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Post: #110
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chrometallica looks big and intimidating to make the guards cower and surrender.
Reply
07-13-2016, 07:10 PM
Post: #111
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Ifrit is annoyed that the guard isn't quite dumb to fall for his clever tricks. He wasn't anticipating someone of almost average intellect to have signed up for a job such as this.

Oh well. He blasts them with Hellfire and then quickly starts backing away to keep outside of the guards' swing radius.

Tumblr/Steam
Reply
07-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Post: #112
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
"Yeah Sure buddy, Just when we having a transfer eh? Prisoner, Stay right there."

He then goes to the guard who called him and stabs him with a shiv from behind
Reply
07-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Post: #113
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Taava wrestles with Guard B in an attempt to steal the guards' baton.
Reply
07-13-2016, 11:26 PM
Post: #114
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Maxine wields the baton and beats Guard A with it.
Reply
07-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Post: #115
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Vyk stumbles into guard A and flails at him with his wooden stick.
Reply
07-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Post: #116
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chance relents and tries genuinely untying him.

After he tied an almost impossible knot last round...

whoops.

Edited for Readability and Preservation of Sanity - The Revolution - OP - Chapter 1/2 - Chapter 2/2 (missing maps) - Chapter 2 - Chapter 3 (Ongoing) - Chat
Reply
07-27-2016, 04:49 PM
Post: #117
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Combat 1:
Initiative Rolls:

Limburr: 7
Torment: 4
Magnus: 20 (Double action first round!)
Chrometallica: 5
Avery: 14
Taava: 5
Maxine: 10
Vyk: 8
Chance: 16

Guard A: 14
Guard B: 18
Guard C: 1 (Miss first round!)

Combat order is Magnus, Guard B, Chance, Avery, Guard A, Maxine, Vyk, Limburr, Chrometallica, Taava, Torment, Guard C.


Magnus tries to talk the guards into surrendering (12). Guard B considers the offer. Guard B loses a turn! Magnus tries to smack Guard A with his club, but misses (6).

Guard B is distracted by the thought of surrendering.

Chance helps loosen Torment's bonds. Torment could probably slip free now. (14)

Avery tries to shiv Guard C, but the guard manages to deflect the blow (9). The shiv snaps under the strain.

Guard A tries to punch Maxine for stealing the baton, but fails miserably (6).

Maxine attempts a retaliation strike, but no dice (5).

Vyk's random flailing with a stick seems to do the trick though (19). Guard A takes 2 damage.

Limburr's stick flies right past Guard C, narrowly avoiding his ear. (9)

Chrometallica looks big and intimidating (13). Guard A considers surrendering. Guard A makes a morale check... (57). Guard A surrenders!

Taava is bad at wrestling, and gets thrown off by the guard (3).

Torment escapes his bonds, finally (18).

Guard C misses a turn.

Next round!

Magnus misses the guards, laughably (2).

Guard B decides against surrender and hits Magnus instead, dealing 2 damage (11).

Chance has no actions, so attacks a random guard. Chance attacks Guard C, but misses (2).

Avery continues to attack Guard C, and hits! (19). Guard C takes 1 damage.

Guard A has surrendered!

Maxine switches to guard B, but swings wide (4).

Vyk switches to Guard B, but random flailing has less luck (9).

Limburr also switches to Guard B, braining the guard and shattering the stick (19). Guard B is dead!

Chrometallica growls at Guard C (17). Guard C lays down arms and surrenders.

Combat is over!

Guard Status:
A: HP: 1/6 - SURRENDERED
B: HP: 0/6, Baton 2/4 - DEAD
C: HP: 2/6, Baton 3/4 - SURRENDERED

Combat 2:
Initiative Rolls:

Ifrit: 2

Patrolling Guard: 1 (Miss first round!)

Ifrit attempts a blast with Hellfire, but the fireball goes wide! (2)

The Patrolling Guard is startled!

Ifrit tries again, this time landing a solid hit! (16) The flames deal 1 damage to the guard. The scroll of hellfire goes dark save for its recharge matrix, its magical power expended.

The guard swings at Ifrit and lands a solid blow. Ifrit takes 2 damage (15).

Ifrit attempts to disengage (11).

The guard steps in though, and keeps pressing. He lands a blow for 2 damage. (18).

Ifrit tries again. (6)

The guard continues pressing forward, dealing 2 more damage (12).

Ifrit steps back once more (13).

The guard's swing goes wide, and Ifrit manages to back out of his reach (2). Ifrit may now adjust orders.

Patrolling Guard: HP 5/6, Baton 2/4.


Magnus levels up, gaining 5 HP. As a Physical Type, he has a 75% chance of improving a physical stat, and 25% chance of learning or improving a skill. (29) - Magnus gains one physical stat point. Magnus gains 5 extra HP (6).

Ifrit levels up, gaining 5 HP. As a Magic Type, he has a 50% chance to learn or improve a spell or magical ability, a 40% chance of improving a physical stat, and a 10% chance of learning or improving a skill. Ifrit improves a physical stat (78). Ifrit gains 1 Dexterity (80).


Living Players:

Limburr [SupahKiven]:
HP: 9/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Tree-Armament - Can spend HP to attempt to gain a temporary weapon.
Equipment:
- Iron Bar[5] - +1 to hit/+1 damage. Loses 1 durability per hit.

EXP: 9

Ifrit Azazel [Coldblooded]:
HP: 9/15
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Magic:
Blood School
- HELLFIRE [0R] - Can expend charges to summon magical demonic fire. Regains a charge when you strike a killing blow on an opponent. Blood Mages can spend HP to attempt to regain charges.
Equipment:
- Hardtack - Surprisingly, still edible.

EXP: 2

Chrometallica [Acolyte Doctor]:
HP: 10
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0

EXP: 9

Chance [ICan'tGiveCredit]:
HP: 6/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Fate Swap - When you roll a natural one, you have a 25% chance to swap rolls with a random other player.

EXP: 7

Magnus Illkor (the real) [Palamedes]:
HP: 16/20
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Equipment:
- Club[4] - A wooden club. Gives +1 damage, loses one durability per hit.
EXP: 0

Dr. Wyrm [Anomaly]:
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
I like to play the drums - Gains a bonus to all attempts to play the drums.
Equipment:
- Drumset - A collection of drums.
- Drumsticks - Infinitely many

EXP: 4

Dame Maxine [Supernerd]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Veteran Instinct - Instead of making a normal attack, may choose to reduce damage dealt in exchange for blocking damage taken.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 8

Faithful Taava [chimericWilder]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Holy School
- Zealous Heal[4R] - May attempt to heal a character. That character takes damage over the next few turns. Holy Mages can pray at shrines to attempt to restore charges.

EXP: 7

Joseph Avery [Bramzter]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Master of Disguise - May attempt to disguise self as another.
Equipment:
- Guard Uniform - Looks surprisingly real.
- Guard Keyring - Probably has some of the keys to cells around here, maybe even other doors.
- Guard Baton[3] - +2 damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 8

Vyk [RatStar]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Shadow School
- Steal[7] - May attempt to magically steal any item from another character, NPC, or simply an item out of reach. Only usable by Shadow Mages.
Equipment:
- Guard's Key - Is a master key for all the cells in this block. Neat!
- Old Stick[1] - +1 damage per hit, loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 8

Torment [Discord The Hedgehog]
HP: 8/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Dark School
- Raise Skeleton[5] - Raises a skeletal minion from a fallen enemy. Can only be used by dark mages.

EXP: 4

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
07-27-2016, 04:52 PM
Post: #118
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Uh, right, Dr. Wyrm is still here. In a prison cell.

He's just been playing a cool drum solo this whole time. Yeah.
Reply
07-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Post: #119
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Magnus grabs one of the remaining batons, and checks the guards for possible medical supplies for first aid.
Reply
07-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Post: #120
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chrometallica recruits the guards to join her. Because everything is possible with CHANCE.
Reply
07-27-2016, 06:10 PM
Post: #121
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Ifrit quickly shakes himself back to reality and regains his natural bloodlust. Maybe he was distracted by leveling up or something. Yeah, let's go with that.

Anyway, first he attempts to improve his Hellfire spell, and if that happens to give him any new spell charges, he'll immediately use one on the guard. After that, he'll just charge forward and start raining punches upon the guard, not stopping until one or both of them is finally dead.

Tumblr/Steam
Reply
07-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Post: #122
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Taava snatches the other remaining baton, then demands the guards to turn over their keys. If they've got keys to the cells, he'll go unlock Dr. Wyrm's celldoor. Failing that, he'll just pray to the Goddess for HOLY STRENGTH to pry the bars apart.

After all, this musical dragon was clearly blessed by the Goddess.
Reply
07-27-2016, 11:13 PM
Post: #123
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Torment will raise the dead guard, since having a mindless companion could serve useful.
Reply
07-27-2016, 11:43 PM
Post: #124
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Maxine helps herself to one of the REAL uniforms owned by one of the guards.
(Oh wow. This didn't die yet)
Reply
07-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Post: #125
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Avery begins to loot the dead/surrendered guards for keys batons coins and other stuff.

"Ill take those thank you for your generous contribution to the prison rehabilitation fund!"
Reply
07-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Post: #126
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Vyk joins in with everyone else looting it's the most fashionable thing to do.
Reply
07-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Post: #127
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Limburr more or less ignores the guards, letting the others do what they will to them. He continues forward, scanning the area for any potential exits or weapons.
Reply
10-28-2016, 05:04 PM
Post: #128
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Quick interest check - how many people would continue playing if I brought this game back?

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
10-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Post: #129
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
I'd be down, I think Ifrit's just a few turns away from completing his plans for world domination.

Tumblr/Steam
Reply
10-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Post: #130
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Sure thing, im still here!
Reply
10-30-2016, 11:29 PM
Post: #131
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Hi I am back and ready for more.
Reply
10-31-2016, 11:44 PM
Post: #132
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
I'm still lurking and up for whatever.
Reply
11-13-2016, 07:01 PM
Post: #133
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
FIRST GROUP(Everyone except Ifrit):

Dr Wyrm's drumming is pretty okay (13)

Magnus grabs the baton. He searches the guards, but finds nothing else (5)

Chrometallica attempts to recruit the defeated guards. Guard A whimpers in pain. Guard C stares silently. (5)

Taava takes the other baton. A quick search finds the keys, but he fumbles when trying to unlock Dr. Wyrm's cell. (7)

Torment raises Guard B as a skeleton with 3 HP. The other guards look disgusted at the dark magic (11). Torment can now order the skeleton to hit things, though the skeleton will not gain XP.

Maxine grabs a uniform off one of the guards. It has some blood on it, and doesn't fit particularly well, but it'll work in a pinch (12)

Avery finds a few coppers and some snuff on one of the guards. The others aren't carrying anything else. (10)

Vyk's looting turns up nothing (7)

Limburr goes into the next room. It appears to be a four-way junction, with another block of cells off to the left, what appears to be a room with some bunks on the right, and stairs ahead. There's a small table with some cards on it, and a ring of keys. (16)


Chrometallica levels up! As a Physical Type, she has a 75% chance of improving a physical stat, and 25% chance of learning or improving a skill. She improves a stat (24). She gains 1 Dexterity (83).

Limburr levels up! As a Technical Type, he has a 60% chance of improving a physical stat, and a 40% chance of learning or improving a skill. He gains a stat point (56). He gains 1 strength (32).

SECOND GROUP (Ifrit):
Ifrit rejoins combat!
Initiative:
Ifrit - 2
Patrolling Guard - 13

The guard attacks! Ifrit barely manages to dodge out of the way! (10)

Ifrit counters with a jab for 1 damage(16)

The guard returns the favor, hitting for 2 damage (11)

Ifrit swings wide, falling to the floor. Ifrit loses his next action! (1)

The guard takes this opportunity to lay down the law for 2 damage. His baton breaks. (12)

He gets in a second hit with his fist for 1 damage (17)

Ifrit flails on the floor (1)

The guard shows no mercy (14).

But finally the beating stops as he slams his fist into the floor (9).

Ifrit gets up, but can't seem to land a blow. (4)

The guard takes the opportunity to demonstrate. (14)

Ifrit punches, but seems to have no strength (8).

The guard, on the other hand, does have strength. (18).

Ifrit gathers the last of his strength and retaliates! (20) His second hit also connects! (18)

The guard is caught off-balance and misses (5).

Ifrit just barely can't reach the guard. (9)

The guard is still a little unsteady and Ifrit manages to dodge (10).

Ifrit dodges straight into the ground. Again. (1)

The guard shows no mercy. He grabs Ifrit by the hair and slams him into the stone tiles until he stops moving. Ifrit is dead. (19)

Patrolling Guard: HP 2/6


Living Players:

Limburr [SupahKiven/L2]:
HP: 14/15
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Tree-Armament - Can spend HP to attempt to gain a temporary weapon.
Equipment:
- Iron Bar[5] - +1 to hit/+1 damage. Loses 1 durability per hit.

EXP: 0


Chrometallica [Acolyte Doctor/L2]:
HP: 15
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1

EXP: 0

Chance [ICan'tGiveCredit/L1]:
HP: 6/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Fate Swap - When you roll a natural one, you have a 25% chance to swap rolls with a random other player.

EXP: 7

Magnus Illkor (the real) [Palamedes/L2]:
HP: 16/20
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Equipment:
- Club[4] - A wooden club. Gives +1 damage, loses one durability per hit.
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 1

Dr. Wyrm [Anomaly/L1]:
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
I like to play the drums - Gains a bonus to all attempts to play the drums.
Equipment:
- Drumset - A collection of drums.
- Drumsticks - Infinitely many

EXP: 5

Dame Maxine [Supernerd/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Veteran Instinct - Instead of making a normal attack, may choose to reduce damage dealt in exchange for blocking damage taken.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Guard Uniform - A uniform from one of the defeated guards. Not really her size, also has some blood on it.
EXP: 9

Faithful Taava [chimericWilder/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Holy School
- Zealous Heal[4R] - May attempt to heal a character. That character takes damage over the next few turns. Holy Mages can pray at shrines to attempt to restore charges.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Cell keys - Stolen from the beaten guards, opens cells in this block.
EXP: 8

Joseph Avery [Bramzter/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Master of Disguise - May attempt to disguise self as another.
Equipment:
- Guard Uniform - Looks surprisingly real.
- Guard Keyring - Probably has some of the keys to cells around here, maybe even other doors.
- Guard Baton[3] - +2 damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Snuffbox[1] - Got a bit of snuff in there.
Money:
3cp
EXP: 9

Vyk [RatStar/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Shadow School
- Steal[7] - May attempt to magically steal any item from another character, NPC, or simply an item out of reach. Only usable by Shadow Mages.
Equipment:
- Guard's Key - Is a master key for all the cells in this block. Neat!
- Old Stick[1] - +1 damage per hit, loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 9

Torment [Discord The Hedgehog/L1]
HP: 8/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Dark School
- Raise Skeleton[4] - Raises a skeletal minion from a fallen enemy. Can only be used by dark mages.
Minions:
- Guard Skeleton
HP: 3
Attack: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0

EXP: 5

Halls of the Dead:
Ifrit Azazel [Coldblooded/L2]:
Beaten to a pulp by a patrolling guard.

This is back, updates whenever

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
11-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Post: #134
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
The real Magnus Illkor is also disgusted at the dark magic. He moves to the next room to try and get away from it.
Reply
11-14-2016, 11:42 AM
Post: #135
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Ugh, regardless of however sweet this music dragon's drum solo was, Taava was NOT sticking around here with that ungodly abomination of a dark minion. He tosses Dr. Wyrm the key, then follows after the not-a-mage guy. To keep an eye on him. For the goddess. Yeah.
Reply
11-14-2016, 01:25 PM
Post: #136
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Goddamn was that ever a terrible string of rolls.

So do I get the chance to bring in a successor for Ifrit, or am I just dead for good now?

Tumblr/Steam
Reply
11-14-2016, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2016 02:55 PM by Vancho1.)
Post: #137
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
You can start a new character, and I'll fit them in wherever I can. Don't wanna punish people for shit luck (seriously, three ones!) apart from killing their characters in creative and merciless ways.

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
11-16-2016, 12:26 AM
Post: #138
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Vyk follows the not-mage into the next room and heads over to the bunks for some more looting action.
Reply
12-06-2016, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 07:56 PM by Anomaly.)
Post: #139
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Dr. Wyrm opens the door.

RHYTHMICALLY.
Reply
12-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Post: #140
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chrometallica puts the guards into her pockets.
Reply
12-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Post: #141
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Magnus tries to get away from the dark magic, however, it seems to stick to him and leave an unpleasant taste in his mouth. He takes 1 HP of damage.(4)

Taava follows Magnus fine, they're both in the next room now. (13)

Vyk searches the bunks. He finds a pouch of coins and a sandwich in one of the beds. (18)

Dr Wyrm manages to drum his way to freedom, his sick drum solos levitating the keys to unlock the door. (18).

Chrometallica manages to lift up one of the surrendered guards, and shoves him somewhere into a pocket. The other one doesn't quite fit - he whimpers in fear, sticking out awkwardly from the waist-up. (17).

Vyk levels up, gaining 5 HP. As a Magic Type, he has a 50% chance to learn or improve a spell or magical ability, a 40% chance of improving a physical stat, and a 10% chance of learning or improving a skill. Vyk improves his magic (28)! He improves Steal (1)! Steal gains a charge, and its effect increases.

Living Players:

Limburr [SupahKiven/L2]:
HP: 14/15
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Tree-Armament - Can spend HP to attempt to gain a temporary weapon.
Equipment:
- Iron Bar[5] - +1 to hit/+1 damage. Loses 1 durability per hit.

EXP: 0


Chrometallica [Acolyte Doctor/L2]:
HP: 15
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1

EXP: 1

Chance [ICan'tGiveCredit/L1]:
HP: 6/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Fate Swap - When you roll a natural one, you have a 25% chance to swap rolls with a random other player.

EXP: 7

Magnus Illkor (the real) [Palamedes/L2]:
HP: 15/20
Strength: 2
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Equipment:
- Club[4] - A wooden club. Gives +1 damage, loses one durability per hit.
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
EXP: 2

Dr. Wyrm [Anomaly/L1]:
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
I like to play the drums - Gains a bonus to all attempts to play the drums.
Equipment:
- Drumset - A collection of drums.
- Drumsticks - Infinitely many

EXP: 6

Dame Maxine [Supernerd/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Veteran Instinct - Instead of making a normal attack, may choose to reduce damage dealt in exchange for blocking damage taken.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Guard Uniform - A uniform from one of the defeated guards. Not really her size, also has some blood on it.
EXP: 9

Faithful Taava [chimericWilder/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Holy School
- Zealous Heal[4R] - May attempt to heal a character. That character takes damage over the next few turns. Holy Mages can pray at shrines to attempt to restore charges.
Equipment:
- Baton[3] - +1 Damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Cell keys - Stolen from the beaten guards, opens cells in this block.
EXP: 9

Joseph Avery [Bramzter/L1]
HP: 10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 1
Skills:
Master of Disguise - May attempt to disguise self as another.
Equipment:
- Guard Uniform - Looks surprisingly real.
- Guard Keyring - Probably has some of the keys to cells around here, maybe even other doors.
- Guard Baton[3] - +2 damage per hit. Loses 1 durability per hit.
- Snuffbox[1] - Got a bit of snuff in there.
Money:
3cp
EXP: 9

Vyk [RatStar/L2]
HP: 15
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Shadow School
- Steal[8] - May attempt to magically steal any item from another character, NPC, or simply an item out of reach. May create a shadowy copy of the item so that the victim doesn't notice. Only usable by Shadow Mages.
Equipment:
- Guard's Key - Is a master key for all the cells in this block. Neat!
- Old Stick[1] - +1 damage per hit, loses 1 durability per hit.
- Sandwich - Heals HP when eaten??? Must be a good sandwich.
20cp
EXP: 0

Torment [Discord The Hedgehog/L1]
HP: 8/10
Strength: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0
Magic:
Dark School
- Raise Skeleton[4] - Raises a skeletal minion from a fallen enemy. Can only be used by dark mages.
Minions:
- Guard Skeleton
HP: 3
Attack: 1
Toughness: 0
Dexterity: 0

EXP: 5

Halls of the Dead:
Ifrit Azazel [Coldblooded/L2]:
Beaten to a pulp by a patrolling guard.


Update is here, if you don't respond within a couple updates bad things will happen. You have been warned.

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
12-06-2016, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 08:17 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
Post: #142
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Chrometallica goes join other people in the larger corridor, she also does a sick backflip in the process.
Reply
12-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Post: #143
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Name: Fa'atelph Kairaktor
Class: Fa'atelph is a DASHING ROGUE (technical) whose skill is ROGUERY (she LOVES and is GOOD AT stealing. It's all she is good at. Jeez.)
Bio: She just really likes what she does, that's why she is here. Born to a family of Mountain Elves, Fa'at discovered her love of things that were not hers at a young age. Also: her knack for such things. She didn't care what it was for, if she needed it, if she could even USE it, Fa'at stole for the sake of theft. She came after the great wizard in hopes of STEALING from the goons who were actually after it for whatever he was offering. It should be noted she has little sense of self preservation. Slip something out of a horrible ruler's pockets? A distant goal, but one she aspired to. Nothing better than being visibly sneakier than a fool who thought otherwise.
Reply
12-07-2016, 06:04 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 06:04 AM by chimericWilder.)
Post: #144
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Taava inspects the area intently, looking for any signs of MISCHIEF or HERESY.
Or loot.
Reply
12-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Post: #145
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Vyk Begins to move all sneaky sneaky like up the stairs.
Reply
12-08-2016, 04:51 AM
Post: #146
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
What sort of non-descriptitory is this? The real Magnus Illkor finds some stuff in this room so that it has some personality (and maybe steals it, if possible), or he moves on until he finds a room with some character to it.
Reply
12-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Post: #147
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Pala:

Quote: It appears to be a four-way junction, with another block of cells off to the left, what appears to be a room with some bunks on the right, and stairs ahead. There's a small table with some cards on it, and a ring of keys.

from last update.

The one, the only, Vancho!
Reply
12-08-2016, 06:28 AM
Post: #148
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Oh whoops.

The Real Magnus Illkor takes the keys and searches the other block of cells.
Reply
12-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Post: #149
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Limburr grabs the keys and the cards, then heads up the stairs ahead.
Reply
12-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Post: #150
RE: Escape! The Deadly Challenge of Magnus Illkor [RTD]
Dr. Wyrm scouts ahead! Maybe up to the next level or something.

Sneakily.
Reply


Forum Jump: