Complete CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Endgame - House Always Wins)
10-10-2016, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 02:41 PM by Palamedes.)
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day One - Full House)
Day One: Full House

Alright guys, so nice of you all to come here! Coldblooded and I went over the roles, and we think we've really narrowed it down to twelve great ones that will create a super well balanced and interesting game. I also have a huge pile of others that didn't make the cut and honestly would probably just overcomplicate things. If you'd like to get in a line and I can hand them all out-

Ah shit. Ah shit shit shit. Who put this banana peel here? It's going to take forever to rearrange all of these cards and

NO! What are you all doing? Put those down! You're each only supposed to get one, you'll ruin my game! It'll be chaos!

Damnit why aren't any of you listening?

Well hell, now everything's gone haywire. You've all taken too many roles and now who knows what's going to happen. They're probably all going to fall apart since man was not meant for more than one at a time, so I guess I'll just distribute the few you savages didn't grab when they do.

Anyways, I guess we'll just do what we can and play the game as best as we can. I hope you're all happy, Coldblooded is going to have my hide for screwing this up.

Day ends on Friday, October 14 at 11:59 PM EST. With 12 alive it takes 5 for softlynch, 7 for hard.

Still have not heard from Mister Visceral, ICan'tGiveCredit, or Dank Memes. If they haven't posted within 48 hours their slots will be up for replacements.
10-10-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day 1 - Full House)
My posting is gonna be...sporadic, shall we say, for a while.

Anyway: Vote: Coldblooded.
10-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Lynch: Coldblooded in the vain hopes that it will somehow introduce the horribly broken role cards he culled back into the game

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-10-2016, 10:53 PM
As my first course of action in returning from a long break of mafia-ing is introduce the policy lynch.

lynch dC

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
10-11-2016, 12:39 AM
So, what's a soft lynch vs a hard lynch?

I've got a guess based on the way my forum does things but don't want make assumptions.
10-11-2016, 01:30 AM
Softlynch = lynch if dayend is reached.
Hardlynch = immediate lynch and dayend.

Lynch donut
I am currently eating one of your kin
10-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Thanks, that's roughly what I assumed! We do something similar but we've never had a limit on how many need to be on someone at the end of the day for it to work.
10-11-2016, 04:39 AM
(10-11-2016 01:50 AM)AmericanFortuneteller Wrote:  Thanks, that's roughly what I assumed! We do something similar but we've never had a limit on how many need to be on someone at the end of the day for it to work.
HERESY!

Vote: AT
10-11-2016, 04:42 PM
vote: GX

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
10-12-2016, 12:16 AM
Ok, things are kinda stale so i think I'll have to spice things up. I have a role that would make my target not have to worry about doctors or busdrivers. Any takers?
10-12-2016, 12:43 AM
"not worry about doctors"

What? I thought people LIKED being targeted by doctors.

Does your role kill them, bypassing doctors and busdrivers?
10-12-2016, 12:53 AM
No thanks, Druplesnubb. I think I'm good without that.
10-12-2016, 01:40 AM
(10-12-2016 12:43 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  "not worry about doctors"

What? I thought people LIKED being targeted by doctors.

Does your role kill them, bypassing doctors and busdrivers?

Clarification: It makes my target not having to worry about getting interrupted by doctors or busdrivers.
10-12-2016, 02:37 AM
He's a Roleblocker

10-12-2016, 02:46 AM
Or, hmm.

No that's the other way around.

This role does sound terrribly not helpful to town in any way

10-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Oh, you make people unstoppable? Still don't need that, thanks
10-12-2016, 04:21 AM
AmericanFortuneteller is already unstoppable.
10-12-2016, 05:12 AM
I always am :D
10-12-2016, 05:40 AM
ColdBlooded may be scum, but he strikes me as the power behind the throne. I know where I want to be standing when this house of cards falls.
Vote: Pala (and resume handed in for Evil Receptionist/Office Manager. I know OfficeSuite and make good coffee!)
10-12-2016, 11:21 AM
Uhhh

hmm

okay

Lynch: AmericanFortuneteller

@anacreon - Is that an RVS vote?

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-12-2016, 11:25 AM
(10-12-2016 11:21 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @anacreon - Is that an RVS vote?

Your dog is an RVS vote

[Image: xgz9nkR.gif]

10-12-2016, 01:53 PM
@dc yes it is.
Side note: i think druple might have one of the roles I submitted. If what he is claiming is what i think it is.

Steam
10-12-2016, 09:11 PM
(10-12-2016 11:21 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Uhhh

hmm

okay

Lynch: AmericanFortuneteller

@anacreon - Is that an RVS vote?

Why do you ask? You seem perfectly fine with RVS votes yourself. Vote: DC
10-12-2016, 10:17 PM
(10-12-2016 09:11 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Why do you ask? You seem perfectly fine with RVS votes yourself. Vote: DC

I asked because I wanted to know if he was realvoting GX (something I thought he COULD be doing) or not.

What led you to imply I was objecting to the vote?

10-13-2016, 02:43 AM
(10-12-2016 01:53 PM)anacreon Wrote:  Side note: i think druple might have one of the roles I submitted. If what he is claiming is what i think it is.
Are there any assumptions you would like to make based on that?
This role is the only semisolid piece of discussion we have, so if you have any insight...
10-13-2016, 03:49 AM
Votals: Treason Edition:
dichotomousCreator (2): pE, Druplesnubb
AmericanFortuneteller (1): dC
Coldblooded (1): GX
icanhasdonut (1): speedchuck
GenetiXientist (1): anacreon
Palamedes (1): Kadis
Abstaining (5): Mister Visceral, icanhasdonut, ICan'tGiveCredit, AmericanFortuneteller, Dank Memes

Day ends in ~59 hours. With these votes nobody will be lynched.
10-13-2016, 04:37 AM
(10-12-2016 10:17 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 09:11 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Why do you ask? You seem perfectly fine with RVS votes yourself. Vote: DC

I asked because I wanted to know if he was realvoting GX (something I thought he COULD be doing) or not.

What led you to imply I was objecting to the vote?
Because to me it seemed obvious that it was an RVS vote since it took place during the RVS stage of the game and had no justification added onto it. Thus your post only made sense to me as an accusatory question.
10-13-2016, 06:59 AM
So come the next 48 hours or so and someone doesn't show up, would we want to no lynch or lynch? Lynch between who's here or who's not?

10-13-2016, 07:20 AM
Everyone is vanilla on D1. No info other than what people share/lie about.
N1 begins the roles. It might be possible to block the mafia kill, but unlikely? Not sure what roles have been submitted.
D2 is CF. All of the info, all of the fun.

Despite the CF nature of this game, I feel that a D1 lynch (at least on someone who is here) would be unproductive given the lack of info that we have.
10-13-2016, 07:32 AM
That's actually a good point
No Lynching D1 isn't something I'd normally consider but I think it's the best option today
10-13-2016, 08:11 AM
(10-13-2016 04:37 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  Because to me it seemed obvious that it was an RVS vote since it took place during the RVS stage of the game and had no justification added onto it. Thus your post only made sense to me as an accusatory question.

While I do think this is fair enough, I should point out that if Acionyx had cast a similar vote there'd probably be a consensus that it WASN'T RVS.

Not sure about no lynch D1, but I do think SAYING we should no lynch D1 is antitown because it prevents us doing anything meaningful to find the scum on D1 (related: still happy w/ my vote)

10-13-2016, 08:23 PM
@speed: i am honestly going to retract that statement since i looked at the roles i submitted again and that wasnt one of them. However, I still have an idea of what it is and will say that it can be used either pro-town or anti-town. I feel like speculating more on what it is isn't helpful and might be a detriment to town overall.

to be fair a lurker lynch d1 is the best time to take care of a lurker. Since it gets harder to deal with them later on.

hey dc what are your reasons for voting AF? since it looks like a real vote to me now.

Steam
10-13-2016, 09:02 PM
I'm ok with a lurker lynch. The only problem is figuring out which one of them to pick.
10-13-2016, 10:05 PM
We have a plethora of options to lynch from. Simply pick one who you think won't come back/won't be too impactful. (Personally if we are going with the lurker lynch for sure, I'm voting dank memes)

10-13-2016, 10:12 PM
@anacreon: Two reasons

1) Specifically going "I don't want your bypass doctors/busdrivers" thing is suspicious IMO. I feel like a town player would just say nothing.

2) Speaking up in support of the no lynch D1, as explained earlier

10-13-2016, 11:03 PM
I don't want a decent role wasted on me when I can't do anything with it, so I just said I couldn't use it. In fact, not a single card i had for this round could have put it to any kind of use. I don't see any reason not to say anything, just like I don't see any reason not to discuss a no Lynch.
10-14-2016, 03:38 AM
oh god i missed most of the day i'm super sorry

i don't really feel a need to lynch anyone currently so i'm not gonna do anything

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-14-2016, 04:03 AM
Un-RVS Vote Donut

Vote Donut
10-14-2016, 09:17 AM
(10-13-2016 11:03 PM)AmericanFortuneteller Wrote:  I don't want a decent role wasted on me when I can't do anything with it, so I just said I couldn't use it. In fact, not a single card i had for this round could have put it to any kind of use. I don't see any reason not to say anything, just like I don't see any reason not to discuss a no Lynch.

Okay, but "not saying something" is the status quo. If you say something, it means you decided to say something for a reason or reasons.

Part of my voting logic is that the reason COULD be "openly stating that I don't want to be made to bypass doctors/busdrivers will make me look town!" (Keeping in mind that an ability that lets the target bypass doctors/busdrivers is not particularly useful to a town player and is QUITE useful to a scum player)

10-14-2016, 09:39 AM
I may or may not be back before dayend, so Vote: MV just in case.
10-14-2016, 09:40 AM
in case the rest of town is on board with lurkerlynch, that is.
10-14-2016, 10:04 AM
(10-14-2016 09:17 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  
(10-13-2016 11:03 PM)AmericanFortuneteller Wrote:  I don't want a decent role wasted on me when I can't do anything with it, so I just said I couldn't use it. In fact, not a single card i had for this round could have put it to any kind of use. I don't see any reason not to say anything, just like I don't see any reason not to discuss a no Lynch.

Okay, but "not saying something" is the status quo. If you say something, it means you decided to say something for a reason or reasons.

Part of my voting logic is that the reason COULD be "openly stating that I don't want to be made to bypass doctors/busdrivers will make me look town!" (Keeping in mind that an ability that lets the target bypass doctors/busdrivers is not particularly useful to a town player and is QUITE useful to a scum player)

I get your logic, but I'm rarely one to default to not saying anything, especially when there's nothing to lose just by speaking up (besides standing out or looking scummy, potentially). I'd also debate you on an unstoppable/unredirectable modifier to a town role not being useful, though it is generally more useful to scum.

Not sure how often I'll be around before day ends but I'm going to hold off voting for now.
10-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Well, I did say "particularly useful". I agree there are cases where it might be.

In any case, the "status quo" thing was probably poorly worded. The point was that you would have said what you said for a reason.

Hmm.

@Speedchuck, @anacreon, @Druplesnubb --- Any comments on AmericanFortuneteller here?

10-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Oh okay dont include me. i may be useless but at least im here mspa

im voting for Dank Memes in the chance that credit and MV return

But i guess DC doesnt want my opinion on AmericanFortuneteller so ill just say it for myself:

at the very least, we need people. and theyve offered good general suspicion over us being new to them and all and of course bringing in their own opinions on how they believe mafia should be played

10-14-2016, 04:23 PM
honestly the "dont bother targeting me with said role" thing didnt really bug me too much. I mean the way he said that is/was why i thought you were voting for him but i didnt think it was all that scummy.

as for the dc vs AF honestly it looking like both are anti aligned just arguing with each other.
Meaning 1 being scum will make the other appear more town but there is a strong possibility of is being two town arguing with eachother.
Its about 50/50 id say that 1 is scum or both are town.

I am kind of curious about what people think about druple as far as reads go.

Steam
10-14-2016, 04:32 PM
ebwop: i support a dank memes lurker lynch
I forgot the part about the no lynch thing. I wanted to ask you dc why AF over speed when speed is the one who proposed a no lynch and a lurker lynch.?

Steam
10-14-2016, 09:33 PM
@AT: In #66 you indicated that you misunderstood my role at first. What did you originally think it was?
10-14-2016, 09:55 PM
Honestly I took it as a joke(/threat) of some kind of unstoppable kill (sort of like "I have a gun who wants a bullet?") so I was joking along that I didn't need one of those.
10-15-2016, 01:25 AM
@dC:
(10-14-2016 09:55 PM)AmericanFortuneteller Wrote:  Honestly I took it as a joke(/threat) of some kind of unstoppable kill (sort of like "I have a gun who wants a bullet?") so I was joking along that I didn't need one of those.
This is the only thing AF has said that bothers me. Feels like overexplaining, trying to dismiss something you pegged him on when he easily could hae stuck to his guns.

At the point you asked the question, nah. I saw nothing bad about AF.

Still prefer a dank memes lynch/no lynch to AF. Could possibly go for donut.
10-15-2016, 02:18 AM
What do you think of lynching Credit or MV?