Complete CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Endgame - House Always Wins)
10-20-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day 2 - Folded)
vote kadis hey thanks

still not too hyped regarding the cheese as i don't particularly care whether or not my role is stuck and since i don't have anyone i specifically trust as town yet there's no reason for me to give a possible scum a bonus boost by letting them use some useful role for the scumteam again

also speed could be totally lying but who knows

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-20-2016, 07:13 AM
also
Quote: unhelpful by trying to seem helpful around rolethings/asking others to be helpful
k

(in case this comes off as unclear i find this to be dumb reasoning-i find prodding other people to actually interact so i can look at it later is a very helpful thing to do)

10-20-2016, 07:13 AM
(10-20-2016 07:11 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:   vote kadis hey thanks
?
Talking to me?
10-20-2016, 07:16 AM
that was at kadis asking them to respond

10-20-2016, 07:17 AM
(10-20-2016 07:13 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  (in case this comes off as unclear i find this to be dumb reasoning-i find prodding other people to actually interact so i can look at it later is a very helpful thing to do)
Ninja'd.
And yeah, that's fair. It is a helpful thing. But it is also a helpful thing that is very easy to do.
Scum can always sit back and prod others for insight without slipping up themselves. It's easy. I see scumpeople do it a lot.
So yeah, reworded.

And it's just a note. Assuming that you do look at things later and provide more things yourself, as you have said you are going to do, this will all be irrelevant.
10-20-2016, 09:00 AM
sigh

GX's RVS vote was for COLDBLOODED. i.e. a lynch vote for a mod.

I wanted to know if anac considered that scummy or not. (I personally don't but I could understand reasoning of "avoiding RVSing anyone while appearing to RVS someone is scummy", and it's not like there was anything else interesting to do at the time. See also: the whole AF thing)

IMO donut is being donut although to be fair I don't have a good handle on scum!donut. Might be bias but this sort of "i do what i want" attitude is metatown for donut in my opinion? What's he usually like as scum?

The AF thing is also interesting because speed jumped in to defend him which means they're probably not coaligned scum. anac commented on it in a noncommittal way (50/50 one scum vs. both town) which is OKAY, while Druple ignored the question and went off to lynch Dank instead. Druple also says Dank being scum clears Speed...then Dank is NK'd and is town?

He's promised more stuff from #147 though so I want to suspend judgment until I see that (for reference, I think Dank was killed by scum but the motives are less clear...also I feel a little skeeved out by offering exactly one motive for the nightkill because it comes off as an attempt to deflect from other possible motives)

actually yeah fuck it Lynch: Druplesnubb let's see this in-depth stuff promised in #147 pls

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Arg, sorry for vanishing T_T been out all day. Going to read through developments now. Opinions pending...
10-20-2016, 09:37 AM
(10-20-2016 09:00 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Druple also says Dank being scum clears Speed...then Dank is NK'd and is town?
Based on a false assumption. Druple changed that in post 108.
10-20-2016, 09:39 AM
(10-20-2016 09:37 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  
(10-20-2016 09:00 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Druple also says Dank being scum clears Speed...then Dank is NK'd and is town?
Based on a false assumption. Druple changed that in post 108.

Ah, balls. Should have gone back and checked which post #84 actually was.

Regardless.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-20-2016, 09:46 AM
EBWOP: It's...still a relevant point though, only it's pE that it applies to, not you.

10-20-2016, 09:57 AM
just so you're aware i go by she/her now :s

10-20-2016, 10:07 AM
(10-20-2016 09:57 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  

oh shit, sorry D:

10-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Good to know.
10-20-2016, 10:36 AM

Aiiiighttt!

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
10-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Okay! So first of all, a stupid question: what does RVS stand for?

Next, opinions! Which are… all pretty useless at present, sorry -_____-

dC: The AF vote struck me as a little random, but mostly because the other D1 votes were all lynch/goofball jokes. Then again, that point about the cheese being used as an anti-scum weapon was on point (and they could have just as easily not mentioned it).
pE: Opposes lurker lynch at present (unless I’m mistaken) which is bad if lurkers get confirmed scum. Depending on how that gift role shakes out though that could be 100% nullified by awesome gifted powers.
AF: Not much of a read at all right now. Seemed a titch defensive D1 but I could have misread that.
GX: Nuffin
druple: Nuffin, but if I had to call it town. Seems to want more info out there.
donut: Specifically directed me at pE, dC and AF (and voted me! Uncalled for! :P ) but seems so aggressively town at this point that I really can’t pick anything out. Safe IMO
Speedchuck: Pointed out the flaw in Druplesnubb’s (mistaken) logic themselves. I feel like it would have been scummier to change the subject. Townish at present, assuming cheese does not turn out to be secret cheese based explosive.

In general, ugh. T_T I feel like we need more datapoints (and I will ROLL THE CHEESE in an effort to generate some more, I have a card that might help). If I had to pick, right now I’d stick to a lurker lynch. Maybe it’ll scare some posters out of the shadows..?

Question: If Dank was night killed by scum, why go for a lurker over an active player? It seems to me that a lurker is far less of a boon to town than somebody posting.
10-20-2016, 12:14 PM
This day is just wifom mspa

@Kadis: RVS stands for Random Voting Stage

10-20-2016, 12:44 PM
have I fallen into some kind of mirror universe where I try to lynch people and everyone ELSE goes "wait they might be town" every time ._.

anyway that's enough of this. I want everyone's next post in the thread to be a lynch vote with justification ("justification redacted" is acceptable, but if you fail to follow through on whatever it is you're doing with your vote then >_>. Lurker lynch is NOT acceptable. We can agree on it in principle and cast the votes at dayend, but in the meantime we should not be voteparking on lurkers). We're going to run headlong into another no lynch at this rate.

10-20-2016, 01:57 PM
unvote cool

@kadis to me its more of a meta thing as opposed to an actual good strat but sometimes scum kill off or nudge for deaths of lurkers because no one enjoys a game where it's just the scum and the lurkers because then no one has fun

10-20-2016, 02:14 PM
>I mean, credit is just sitting there taking up space

10-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Lynch: pE

Your meme-ing has crossed over into "actually attempting to disrupt town progress" and so I now think you're scum.

10-20-2016, 02:52 PM
I'll elaborate. This is exactly what Alter Eagle did in Crook's Hollow 4 (well not EXACTLY, AE did it with birdpuns and pE is doing it with short nonsense posts but it's the same general concept)

Still not super peachy keen on Druple but this is suddenly looking like a much better target.

10-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Since I don't have a great feel for things here yet, I don't have much in the way of reads. I'm trying to fill some dead air on a host-planning call right now though so I'm going to give some quick and dirty thoughts.

RE: cheese rolling
I originally had a brief suspicion that the cheese rolling claim was an elaborate scum-info-gathering tactic but after thinking it over that's actually really convoluted for several reasons so I think speed is being honest about the role.

RE: Lurker lynch
I don't think that should be the goal today but if nothing shakes out by the end I support it over a no lynch.

RE:
Noted!
Also this seems as good a time as any to say I use she/her, too.

RE: DankMemes offed first
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that mafia would target an inactive early on, but before I assume that's the case here and start wild speculating about it, do we know if the mafia's kill is in ADDITION to their cards? If playing a factional kill replaces playing a card, they may have decided to use their cards and forgo a kill. I could read the post about the mafia's kill either way, but I'm leaning towards it replacing a card for the night.

On the other hand, an early inactive purge is great in a game without replacements, but it's kind of weird in a game where replacements are a thing, so I could see it as a mafia kill, probably on a player they knew would have no protections and who couldn't counter it. A safety kill.

RE: Scumreads

pE is the only person really pinging my scumdar right now, but it's a very light ping. Engaging conversation and being helpful without actually saying much, mostly. Their general behavior today is reminding me of the way I used to play scum. It's just a base read right now though, not a lot else to back it up.

RE: Sticky rolls

I will say that my role has less utility overall (most likely) than pE's claim about gift-giving, so if we do roll the cheese up that hill, I'll leave it to speed's judgement.
10-20-2016, 04:22 PM
roll the cheese
i kind of want to lynch druple for the fact he avoided dc's questions d1 and he still not has given his thoughts.
I will say i agree that we shouldnt lurker lynch today.

[Image: sonicsig2.jpg]
Steam
10-20-2016, 07:02 PM
(10-20-2016 09:00 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  He's promised more stuff from #147 though so I want to suspend judgment until I see that (for reference, I think Dank was killed by scum but the motives are less clear...also I feel a little skeeved out by offering exactly one motive for the nightkill because it comes off as an attempt to deflect from other possible motives)
I just couldn't see any other reason why scum would kill someone who've never posted anytihng, especially not in a set-up like this where going after power roles is useless.

And I was hoping to get a little more opinions on Dank's death before this but whatever. In case dank was killed by town, I think whoever killed him should claim. Usually you want to avoid claiming to keep the power roles hidden but n this game all the roles that were used last night are gone anyway.
If it turns out a townie killed him, anyone who used some kind of protective role should probably claim too (but don't claim your target!)
(10-20-2016 09:46 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  EBWOP: It's...still a relevant point though, only it's pE that it applies to, not you.
I mentioned this before back in #147. PE's scumminess is dependent on whether one of Tehpilot or Credit is scum or not. But yeah, if I have to choose a non-lurker to lynch then yeah: Lynch: PE
(By the way, does Pilot still count as alurker now that he's replaced? Shouldn't he have caught up by now?)
(10-20-2016 04:22 PM)anacreon Wrote:  roll the cheese
i kind of want to lynch druple for the fact he avoided dc's questions d1 and he still not has given his thoughts.
I just woke up :p And what questions did I avoid? The only questions DC asked of me were why I thought he had a problem with Anac's vote (imediately answered) and what I thought about AT (which was what led me to reread her and notice her misinterpretation of my role; I was gonna grill her over it after asking her what she originally tohught my role was but then her answer wasn't what I had hoped for and I realized that my case wouldn't have worked even if it had been what I was hoping for).
10-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Look I'd be all down and dandy to lynch myself, but I feel we really should get credit out of the way first.

Like after then, I will be fine with you lynching me.

Just give me the sticky and I can show you that I am town.

That and I haven't exactly been putting forth as much effort as I should

10-20-2016, 09:32 PM
I'll give you guys something that isn't half assed, sometime by this evening

10-21-2016, 10:47 AM
Woah things went dead D: And thanks for the help @pE! I have another stupid question if that's okay - what is wifom -___- (I swear I'll learn all these...)

Re: Dank, the idea of generating very little info makes sense to me (as does the meta of generating fun!), but it still seems like an odd choice to me. If anyone wants to own that it would make a ton more sense (and shouldn't make you a huge target due to the nature of role discarding).

Re: picking someone now, I can see the point about pE seeming question-dodgy (question for pE: Any reason why Credit over Tehpilot for lurkers?) but I would like to see how that gift role thing shakes out. It seems to me that having that as a reference point would seriously clear things up. I guess I'd rather a failed lynch than accidentally lynching an active town because it makes us feel like we're getting somewhere and then losing another one that night T_T My feel is still pretty bad though. I'm hoping time will improve the day's info, but for now I suppose if I had to choose a talker I'd lynch pE.

(Question for speed - if someone pushing the cheese gets lynched, is the cheese still pushed?)
10-21-2016, 11:12 AM
WIFOM means "the wine in front of me", which is a reference to a scene in The Princess Bride. Maybe someone can dig up the video or a better definition (I'm mobile).

WIFOM generally means a situation where speculation gets stuck in a loop. "The obvious answer is A, but since you know I know the obvious answer is A you might do B, but since you know I know you know...." Kind of thing.
10-21-2016, 11:15 AM
@AF Ohhh that makes sense! :D don't worry about the clip, I think If pressed I could likely recite that film from memory, lol. Thanks!
10-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Hmm.

@Druple: Not sure if Dank killer should claim...I'm concerned that even if they are town they'll get dogpiled since the assumption is largely that Dank was the scum kill last night. A townie claiming the kill might be more trouble than it's worth

The other main reason scum might kill him that I could see is that you said pE (well, you SAID Speed, but you meant pE) was pretty much locktown if Dank was scum, due to volunteering Dank for the lurker lynch with no prodding. Hence, flipping Dank town reflects poorly on pE. (For this reason, I don't think you and pE are BOTH scum since the combination of your behaviours for a scumteam would be kind of bizarre)

Of course, if pE is scum then that probably isn't the reason for the kill.

10-21-2016, 12:02 PM
so i guess to start out, (which this is honestly not my best plan) is to claim.

My current role, that i was hoping to keep to help you guys, is Blacksmith, I give out a vest. I wont say who i gave it to in hopes that it saves the person that has it. But other than that, let me see what content we have to go off of

10-21-2016, 12:13 PM
anyways lynch anac really not a fan
pE is still nullish so i'm gonna hold of on voting him but i'll consider it

@pE the problem with just claiming in this game is you can just have that card in your hand and not use it at all so it's not really gonna save you. can i get some reads on people?

10-21-2016, 12:17 PM
(also: you can have that card in hand and even have used it and be scum and give your vest to a scumbuddy or someone you're aiming to mislynch)

10-21-2016, 12:26 PM
@kadis, pilot had posted at least once while credit hasn't. Sonpilot is at least aware of the game existing.

If anything D.C., why wouldn't the dank kill reflect good on me? I had offered the lynch, but it failed, and scum killed him anyways. The whole plan was to throw me under the bus, I'm sure. If you recall:

(10-20-2016 12:14 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  This day is just wifom mspa

In actuality it has been wifom for me, joking nature aside. With such a small game I'm ruling out the possibility of there being a vigilante role. Also, to be fair, it's hard for us to get replacements. So the lurker lynch is still a good idea in my opinion. If you truly want to believe I'm scum after we lynch credit/pilot. Fine.

On to reading the posts then in backwards order:

(10-20-2016 02:48 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Lynch: pE

Your meme-ing has crossed over into "actually attempting to disrupt town progress" and so I now think you're scum.

Show me please, I don't see anywhere that is disrupting or slowing the town process. Also, on your AE comment, I was on scum team that game as well, and this is pretty different from how eagle was playing. (Which was essentially around granola, but I digress)

@kadis I am for the lurker lynch still, sorry if I may have been confusing or said I was opposed earlier, but I have been for it for the most part

Actually, so yeah take pilot off what I just said, cause he did only reply just yesterday that we needed to catch up. GX said he was gonna be busy too so until they appear, I am for lynching credit. DC is being dC So I will cut him some slack and leave him null instead of light scum.but I'll be watching you. But aside from that I have AF as one of my top town players at the moment, don't ask for specfics unless you really want me to go searching for like 15 minutes that I could use for sleeping.

No but really, we are in a pretty null state still, nothing informative about the night kill result, other than I started the lynch and it didn't go through but scum apparently wanted dank dead too for whatever reason. With that being said, if I'm under suspicion, what does that say about everyone else who hoped on the wagon at the last minute (hours) or so and we failed to get a lynch through?

We've also got a few days left in the day phase so we don't have to go balls to the wall voting right now

10-21-2016, 12:31 PM
(10-21-2016 12:13 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  anyways lynch anac really not a fan
pE is still nullish so i'm gonna hold of on voting him but i'll consider it

@pE the problem with just claiming in this game is you can just have that card in your hand and not use it at all so it's not really gonna save you. can i get some reads on people?

It's mostly nulls with DC near the bottom of the nulls. Speed is odd, just depending on if this role will actually allow someone to keep their card. Druple is kinda with dC as well. If we just had more overall interaction, or some kind of focal point to work around, giving out reads would be easier

10-21-2016, 12:32 PM
On that note as well: lynch credit

10-21-2016, 12:52 PM
(10-20-2016 12:14 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  This day is just wifom mspa

@Kadis: RVS stands for Random Voting Stage

"Oh no, all of our information is useless we might as well just give up"

(10-20-2016 02:14 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  >I mean, credit is just sitting there taking up space

I read this as an attempt to derail the conversation that was happening at the time. Maybe biased because it was me trying to get that conversation going.

(10-19-2016 12:58 PM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(10-19-2016 10:00 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  RE: Actually Doing Things, pretty much the only read I can get at the moment is that donut is probably town. MAYBE one of the Dank wagoners was scum? But it was a pretty bog standard lurker lynch so meh

Wifommspa

"Oh no, that information you just provided is useless. Why don't we just give up, pardner?"

(10-12-2016 11:25 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  
(10-12-2016 11:21 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @anacreon - Is that an RVS vote?

Your dog is an RVS vote

[Image: xgz9nkR.gif]

No comment.

Admittedly looking back you have said more useful things than I thought you had, but I'm still not super pleased.

Also Dank being killed reflects badly on you because it means you were trying to lynch a town lurker, which raises the possibility that you were proactively diverting the lynch away from a scum lurker.

Also also why in the nine hells would you rule out a vigilante role. We all had four cards, I'm sure SOMEONE had something that functions as a vig.

Also also also I feel like this "let's just lurker lynch Credit we haven't got any information" thing is a vicious cycle. "We have no info, lynch lurker" --> Lurker gets lynched --> "We still have no info because everyone just piled on the lurker, lynch another lurker". I mentioned before, if we're going to lurker lynch we need to not even talk about it until later in the day so that we can actually get some information out of today.

10-21-2016, 12:54 PM
EBWOP: So to summarize I feel like you're trying to stop us from progressing in various ways ("it's all WIFOM", meme responses to attempts to do things, pushing Credit lynch when Credit lynch ends with us in the same no-info position tomorrow but with Credit and a random townie dead)

10-21-2016, 04:54 PM
@pe why credit specifically what make you want to lynch him over the other lurkers?

Steam
10-21-2016, 05:00 PM
ebwop: actually the better question is are there enough active people to even get a lynch through? that is probably. Also i retract me question for some reason i thought there were more people playing.

Steam
10-21-2016, 05:07 PM
as for lynching pE if he is a one-shot armorer then he can easily be cleared. this does raise a question for people. do you think pE is a scum armor or a town one? assuming his claim is true and that is the card he played.

Steam
10-21-2016, 05:49 PM
"Shouldn't Pilot have caught up by now?"

Oh man, I agree! I was studying for a midterm. I'm also super duper rusty at Mafia so it's not coming easily. We've got some time though, so I'll be caught up and moving things along well before dayend. Mafia will be a fun reprieve from crying over that Intermediate Statistics exam.

Not to mention the night may or may not be extra spicy. At the very least, I expect a mild spice.

and now, hunger does what sorrow could never do
website | @tehpilot
10-21-2016, 08:25 PM
@dC, I already said it but I'll say it again. Pilot and GX have posted st least once since the game started, heck, since the day started. Credit hasn't posted even once so it's more than likely he will not ever show

10-21-2016, 08:31 PM
@dC also, I was saying "we should give up" it was more so:"this is gonna suck"

10-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Unvote I think I'm okay with sparing PE at the moment. even if he gives a vest to scum vests usually don't protect against lynches. And I think PE announcinghis target tomorrow has the potential to provide just as much information as seeing his flip. As for who else to vote, how about...
(10-21-2016 12:13 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  anyways lynch anac really not a fan
Vote: Donut. You're gonna need more reasoning than that, I'm afraid.

(10-21-2016 11:30 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  @Druple: Not sure if Dank killer should claim...I'm concerned that even if they are town they'll get dogpiled since the assumption is largely that Dank was the scum kill last night. A townie claiming the kill might be more trouble than it's worth
The thing is though that a vig claiming can have their role verified, since it means scum most likely had their kill blocked or interrupted somehow. Thus after the vig claims everyone who used some kind of protective role or roleblock can claim (note that if scum did get their kill blocked they already know that there was at least one protective going off that night). Note that they don't need to reveal either the exact nature of their role or who they targeted unless the town deems it necessary after the results are in. Personally I strongly suspected a vig-kill form the start, Dank just seemed like the perfect vig-target. The lack of a claim so far has made me reconsider that theory, though.
10-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Votals:
Druple: anac
PE: DC, kadis
Credit: PE
Anac: donut
Abstaining: pilot, credit, GX, speed, AF, druple

10-22-2016, 12:57 AM
@druple
(10-20-2016 04:22 PM)anacreon Wrote:  roll the cheese
I will say i agree that we shouldnt lurker lynch today.

didn't like this post or vote reasoning so i voted anac, simple

10-22-2016, 02:15 AM
(10-21-2016 05:49 PM)TehPilot Wrote:  Not to mention the night may or may not be extra spicy. At the very least, I expect a mild spice.
My cheese is only cheddar, I promise. No jalapeno.

(10-21-2016 10:47 AM)Kadis Wrote:  (Question for speed - if someone pushing the cheese gets lynched, is the cheese still pushed?)
Cheese needs to be activated today while I have the role. The lynch will end today... so no?
I believe I have all the help I need. Trying to decide who to cheese.

(10-21-2016 12:52 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Also Dank being killed reflects badly on you because it means you were trying to lynch a town lurker, which raises the possibility that you were proactively diverting the lynch away from a scum lurker.
This is really where pE is getting the WIFOM. Because:
pE is currently trying to lynch Credit. Credit was the only other lurker D1. That means that pE is trying to lynch both lurkers, which invalidates this argument.
However
pE has pressure on him right now. He could be trying to invalidate your argument in this way, which makes it valid.
But then
The Dank lynch didn't even happen D1. Which means pE was trying to at least get something done and failed. You are basing this suspicion of pE off of something that the mafia did, which feels like framing.
Yet
Dank lynch would actually have been worse for town in the end.

Anyway, that line of questioning is a bit convoluted. I'm not a huge fan of the way pE handled your pressure, but when have I ever been a fan of the way pE handles pressure? I still have him as light scum, but I want to question other things today.

Especially the Druple->Donut->anac thing.
I saw Druple and Anac as town. Druple moreso than Anac. Then anac voted for druple, and donut reflexively voted for anac, THUS MAKING DRUPLE VOTE FOR DONUT!
Like, what? Skeevy vote triangle from hell, much?
It almost feels like there are scumbuddies protecting each other and clearing their tracks here, going out of the way to seem unaligned. After all, Druple practically gave Donut an out for the lynch, while Donut was casting doubt with his vote on Anac's vote of Druple. But perhaps I am reading too much into it. Two of my best townreads are in this triangle.
For the record, I think anac's vote of Druple was okay. Not great, but as a single pressurevote, okay. Making donut's vote a little weird.

(10-21-2016 09:04 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I think I'm okay with sparing PE at the moment. even if he gives a vest to scum vests usually don't protect against lynches. And I think PE announcinghis target tomorrow has the potential to provide just as much information as seeing his flip. As for who else to vote, how about...
If pE is already using his role (which I'm assuming since he asked for sticky today), then somebody has a vest already and I need to sticky him for a second vest.

On that note, STICKY CHEESE MUST BE GIVEN TODAY! Please speak up if you think sticky would be good for you!
10-22-2016, 03:52 AM
A bit behind, but checking in briefly. For the record, though, if speed is being truthful, their card is a lot more useful than mine. So unless speed is the Lynch, I say give it to him.
Still a bit iffy about speed, but not feeling comfortable with lynching him right now.
10-22-2016, 04:04 AM
Does anyone contest pE concerning the cheese? I want to know rather early. We have a lynch to resolve as well, and I'd rather stick someone under less suspicion than pE if they have a decent role. They don't even have to say what it is.