Complete CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Endgame - House Always Wins)
10-29-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day 2 - Folded)
EBWOP 2: I guess there's the threat of scum with an extra killing role, too, which makes scenario 2 a bit riskier.
10-29-2016, 11:28 AM
EBWOP 3: revenge of the edit:

Make that scenario 1 a bit riskier, not 2
10-29-2016, 11:35 AM
Dammit, now I don't know WHO to shoot...

actually wait that's a lie BRUTALLY GUNS DOWN GENETICIXIENTIST IN BROAD DAYLIGHT

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-29-2016, 12:11 PM
EVENT!

DC PULLS OUT A GUN AND BRUTALLY MOWS DOWN GENETIXIENTIST IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

GENETIXIENTIST HAS SURVIVED AN ATTEMPT ON THEIR LIFE.

GX SITS BACK UP AND BRUSHES SOME LOOSE BULLET CASINGS OFF OF THEIR SHIRT, LOOKING UP DISAPPROVINGLY AT DC.

DC SHRUGS AND GIVES HIS BEST SHITEATING DREAMWORKS FACE TO THE CAMERA.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is at MIDNIGHT EST ON HALLOWEEN. (Or in about 75 hours from now.)

Livelist:
1. GenetiXientist
2. speedchuck
3. dichotomousCreator
4. icanhasdonut
5. Druplesnubb
6. AmericanFortuneteller
7. Kadis

Tumblr/Steam
10-29-2016, 12:17 PM
oh goddamit
okay so it was 50/50 kill him/make him lynchproof
I was kind of hoping we could just gloss over that but oh well

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
10-29-2016, 12:30 PM
well, okay

you can lynch me tomorrow, and barring a roleblock, I'll make sure there's no death tonight

so it's effectively the same as in my scenario 2
10-29-2016, 04:38 PM
(10-29-2016 12:17 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  okay so it was 50/50 kill him/make him lynchproof
Whoa whoa what? You made GX lynchproof?

WTH
10-29-2016, 04:39 PM
I figured it's just for the day; a permanent lynchproofing seems like a terribly broken idea.
10-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Yeah it's just for the day. It's like a "die or live" dichotomy role type thing, where it either unstoppably kills the target or makes it so they can't die.

So I guess it's not just lynchproof? Anyway, it lasts for today only, no effect during the night.

10-29-2016, 07:56 PM
I guess Lynch: AmericanFortuneteller by PoE at this point. I'm not voting...

- donut because shot a scum
- me because duh
- Kadis because cop thing
- Druple because pE thing
- GX because lynchproof and the dumbtell stuff from earlier
- Speed because his behaviour today has been too "don't care if I die" for last scum (this is the weakest, and Speed can go die tomorrow probably)

10-30-2016, 12:57 AM
The fact that #261 shows AF seemingly ready to claim something important before I gave my results is enough to make me prefer Speed over her. As for GX, well I certainly can't say that he's a non-entity anymore. The problem is just figuring out whether he's scum trying to stay in the game or just doesn't want town to get blinded by false townfirms.

I agree that we need to figure out the lynch order of the "townfirms" in case all of the above mentioned turn out town, though.
Kadis (the real one) and Donut I just don't see any way they could reasonably be scum. I just don't see any reason why scum would use a cop with no way of knowing that anyone would actually notice it.
Scum either picking an actual desperado or faking one makes about as much sense. Not only do you have to kill a scummate in order to confirm yourself, but if the rest of town wants you to kill someone who's actually town you'll either kill yourself (thus ruining the whole point), show that you were lying and it's just a regular vig (thus turning yourself into a huge suspect and ruining the whole point) or killing the actual scum in order to keep the lie (thus killing your teammate AND turning yourself into a suspect). Remember, back when Donut first claimed, the general consensus seemed to be that PE was town. And that's not even going into Donut townfirming DC.

Thus by process of elimination I'm forced to conclude that the fourth lynch target after Speed, GX and AF is DC. A copcheck could be tricked by a busdriver or godfather role, and while a vig is dangerous for scum to use it could let them successfully kill off the town faster while improving their own reputation (once again, by the time DC claimed most people seemed to think PE was town, and no one knew that me and AF would reveal who all the visitors were). Also, do we know for sure that DC really had a 50/50 vig and not just a straight-up lynch protector? Could whoever submitted that role confirm its existence?

(As a sidenote, the thread title still says day 2)
10-30-2016, 01:17 AM
just for clarification, the "cop" role i used tells me the player's current card, their alignment, and of effects modifying the alignment(but not exactly what that effect is). to double check: dc, what was your card n1?

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-30-2016, 08:41 AM
Yo dC this is more or less an outright confirmation of your alignment (and almost certainly donut's; if this is a scum gambit, I'll tip my hat to her and move on), you should answer asap

It's cool to know I'm gonna die, I can give actual advice ignoring that being completely honest and saying more info should be out there is normally a tremendous scumtell.

Oh, and for when you see me flip town when you lynch me tomorrow: I have been completely honest this entire time, and part of the reason I'm so insistent on "don't point scum-o-vision on only 2 people" is because I've done that in the past and gotten burned. In the abstract, completely absent any info, 2 unknowns when you have to lynch one of them is better than 3 unknowns. (Don't vote unless you 100% want the votee lynched in MYLO/LYLO, fyi)
10-30-2016, 09:35 AM
(10-30-2016 01:17 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  just for clarification, the "cop" role i used tells me the player's current card, their alignment, and of effects modifying the alignment(but not exactly what that effect is). to double check: dc, what was your card n1?

My card N1 was the "Explorer" card, allowing me to draw an extra card and have +1 hand size for the rest of the game.

@Druple: I submitted the role I currently have myself, so there's no external confirmation possible I'm afraid.

As for Speed vs. AF, #261 is essentially magic bagging and while I don't support lynching AF until they've spoken, I also don't mind pressuring them before they claim w/e it is.

10-30-2016, 09:43 AM
EBWOP: Hey Druple, what if (as is fairly likely) I get nightkilled in the meantime?

10-30-2016, 03:00 PM
VOTALS:

AmericanFortuneteller (1) - DC
Abstaining (6) - GX, Speed, Donut, Druple, AF, Kadis

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in exactly 48 hours.

Tumblr/Steam
10-31-2016, 08:31 AM
Where the hell is everybody? Donut especially needs to get back here and tell us what role he got from DC Night 1.

As for who to pick if DC was actually dead, I'd probably choose Kadis. Scum picking a cop check could be useful if someone just happens to be rolecopping you that night (though she seemingly picked it over a doc and a kill, unless there's a second delayed cop unrelated to the one DC submitted). But claiming a desperado when your scummate is considered towny just makes no sense. Only way I could make sense of it is if there's a fake desperado role that kills a target and makes them flip as scum, which then ended up being used on the actual scum (PE being town immediately leads to the question of why he didn't claim cop earlier, and also means Kadis must be Donut's scummate so then we should lynch Kadis anyway). If the possibility for DC to be scum is unlikely, that's nothing compared to the stuff needed for Kadis or Donut to be scum.

Also, did the gunshot clear all the votes or what? Because I'm not listed as voting for Speed anymore. Oh well I'll just Revote: Speed, though I will change for AF if it's needed to get a lynch through. Speaking of which could you guys please get in here and place your votes already? We're starting to run out of Day 3.
10-31-2016, 08:52 AM
Interesting...

Yeah, donut needs to get back here.

10-31-2016, 09:15 AM
yeah dc didn't get busdriven night one
@druple wifom etc
ive been super busy this weekend ill catch up in a bit

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
10-31-2016, 11:19 AM
Okay I had forgotten that I might have been busdriven.

Hmm. I want to find Druple scummy for this whole fighting townfirms business but it feels like an unnecessary risk for scum!Druple at this point (surely he'd be better off letting Speed/AF get lynched through and trying to fight GX at LYLO?). Plus Druple being scum is, like, a double-layer bus (Druple bussing pE who bussed Credit), and there's not all that much else for town to DO at this point.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true. We have three lynches and four non-townfirmed people (Speed, AF, GX, Druple) so the other three people (donut, me, Kadis) should be picking someone to spare from that group (I've made a decision but am keeping it private for reasons). But there's not much for DRUPLE to be doing.

Although, he should probably be trying to maximize town win chance by pinning down three people to lynch if his pool of non-townfirms is (Speed, AF, GX, DC). It's odd that he'd go on about how I MIGHT BE SCUM OOOOOO when unless he's proposing lynching me above one of those other three it's more or less a moot point until we reach a gamestate where those three are all dead and the game isn't over.

In summary, druple y u focus on weird hypothetical things

10-31-2016, 10:38 PM
(10-31-2016 11:19 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  In summary, druple y u focus on weird hypothetical things
Because I don't want a repeat of Insomniac Mafia and I didn't consider your alibi as strong as that of the other townfirms (but Donut's testimony has changed that).
Also, you kind of specifically asked me to pick between Kadis and Donut in #365.
11-01-2016, 01:38 AM
I'm back. Voting AF seems to be the thing to do, in my situation.

Sucks that all of my strongest initial scumreads are now the townfirms.

I'll be here today, apologies about disappearing for the weekend.
11-01-2016, 04:13 AM
I’m back! Sorry again for my week of semi-absence. I should be able to play properly now.
So I think my opinions are pretty in line with what’s been said, but here’s where I’m at with everyone anyways!
First, the unlikelys (in my opinion):
Druple: The tracker thing would have been a hell of a scum tactic to pull off, especially since it led to pE’s death. Town barring ridiculous stuff.
dC: Confirmed town, unless donut’s read got busdriven by a card.
donut: Shot pE. Seems like a hell of a town thing to do.
And then, the three top priorities right now:
speechuck: Nonconfirmed, but accepting their own kill along with GX to clear the two least firm claims on towniness seems like a spectacularly unscummy thing to do.
GX: Also nonconfirmed. Would likely be my first choice for lynch… but lynchproof. If that Whitest Night thing goes through that would be awesome though (and alleviate some suspicion).
AF: I’ve been drawing a bit of a blank on AF the whole game, sorry. That pilot thing seems towny but (unless I misread) was only announced after druple already gave their results. Still seems like an odd card for a scum to choose though.
I’m pretty torn, but since GX is lynchproof (and it seems unlikely that there’s more than one scum left), I’m going to vote AF for now. If my vote needs to change to speed to get a lynch through though I’ll happily do that before end of day.
11-01-2016, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 07:20 AM by Coldblooded.)
GHOST VOTALS:

AmericanFortuneteller (3) - DC, Speed, Kadis
Speedchuck (1) - Druple

Abstaining (3) - GX, Donut, AF,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is in approximately 7.666 hours at MIDNIGHT O'CLOCK EST.

Tumblr/Steam
11-01-2016, 08:52 AM
(10-31-2016 10:38 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  
(10-31-2016 11:19 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  In summary, druple y u focus on weird hypothetical things
Because I don't want a repeat of Insomniac Mafia and I didn't consider your alibi as strong as that of the other townfirms (but Donut's testimony has changed that).
Also, you kind of specifically asked me to pick between Kadis and Donut in #365.

That's fair.

Speedchuck's response there is kind of skeeving me out. It's just way to easy to read it as "seems to be the thing to do in my situation as scum", and I actually feel like town!speed would be putting a bit more thought into whether to lynch AF, GX, or Druple. Especially since my main reason for not voting him was because he seemed to not care if he died, but #372 reads like he's aiming to survive. It's icky enough that I want to Lynch: Speedchuck (AF really needs to get in here and say things though or I might switch back before deadline just b/c we can afford the suspicious lurker lynch NOW but not later)

Question for speed: Talk a bit about the scumreads you had on donut/kadis/myself?

11-01-2016, 09:06 AM
Also, I want Speed to say who he would lynch if GX wasn't lynchproof today.
11-01-2016, 09:52 AM
(11-01-2016 08:52 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Speedchuck's response there is kind of skeeving me out. It's just way to easy to read it as "seems to be the thing to do in my situation as scum", and I actually feel like town!speed would be putting a bit more thought into whether to lynch AF, GX, or Druple.
GX is lynchproof. If not I would probably be lynching him. Druple is as high as town gets on my technically non-confirmed list. AF is the only other person I can vote to lynch other than that. It's possible he's scum, but not that likely. Yet, thanks to your frikin gun, I don't have the option of voting for my scumspect. Dumb situation. Not happy about it.

(Yes, Druple, it's GX)
11-01-2016, 11:00 AM
I'm enjoying the feeling of imminent doom and perverse vindication, mostly because I agree that lynching me tomorrow is the correct move. Hell, while my sitting on the sidelines eating metaphorical popcorn isn't exactly helpful, it's not like the general course of action to take this game isn't obvious. More than that, I don't currently trust any reads of mine enough to put them out to contribute guidance to what'll probably end up as Donut or dC choosing who to lynch at MYLO. I want to be dead because it means I don't have to try to go for the effort of convincing one of our mostly-townfirms to gank someone else.

But I get to be smug when y'all are wrong about my alignment, and that's a victory in and of itself.
11-01-2016, 11:05 AM
I just want to point out that the votes are currently divided 2/2 between Speed and AF and we should probably go about fixing that. That especially goes for GX who just showed up without voting for anyone. Just so you know I'll be going to bed about now and thus won't be able to change my vote from Speed to AF.
11-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Oh shit, you're right.

Vote: AF. Speed's fatalism makes me want to let him live for another day, honestly. He seemed a bit too resigned to his fate back before I came and questioned the "there are only 2 suspects!!" line of thought.
11-01-2016, 11:10 AM
E: And now I'm getting paranoid that such resignation might be a scum reaction. Yay.
11-01-2016, 11:15 AM
(11-01-2016 11:08 AM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  Oh shit, you're right.

Vote: AF. Speed's fatalism makes me want to let him live for another day, honestly. He seemed a bit too resigned to his fate back before I came and questioned the "there are only 2 suspects!!" line of thought.

This was my thinking until #372 came across as survivalist to me. Although AF magic bagging and then disappearing forever is A Thing, admittedly.

How do you interpret #372?

11-01-2016, 11:22 AM
(11-01-2016 11:15 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  This was my thinking until #372 came across as survivalist to me. Although AF magic bagging and then disappearing forever is A Thing, admittedly.

How do you interpret #372?

Mostly null, actually leaning slightly positive; it's not the best reaction, but I can see it coming from a depressed townie pretty easily, and the lack of anything resembling a push to vote for AF gets bonus points.

It's not like AF/me/Speed aren't the most likely next 3 lynches anyway.
11-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Wait fuck I think I hammered and this conversation never should have happened
11-01-2016, 11:24 AM
EBWOP: no, dC is voting for speedchuck false alarm
11-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Yeah that's reason #2 I switched my vote.

Okay, so we have about three hours until deadline. Does anyone else have anything important to say or should I just hammer AF given that I'd have to get everyone who isn't Druple/GX/Speed on board to lynch Speed and at least one of them probably won't show before deadline?

11-01-2016, 11:33 AM
I'd be fine lynching speed; it doesn't really matter what order we lynch people in, barring scum getting free vig powers from a card; if that happens, we're probably screwed regardless.
11-01-2016, 11:34 AM
That first semicolon should have been a comma. I apologize for my crime against grammar.
11-01-2016, 11:53 AM
Okay screw it today is "dC fucks everything up" day so why did I even ask whether to hammer or not

Hammer: AmericanFortuneteller

11-01-2016, 04:29 PM
End of Day Three

Final Votes

AmericanFortuneteller (4) - Speed, Kadis, GX, DC
Speedchuck (1) - Druple
Abstaining (2) - Donut, AF

After an exciting day of bullets and mayhem and scum deaths galore, the remaining survivors decide to see if they can go for the hat trick on mafia murder. Their target for the day is the quiet girl way in the back, wearing some old-timey aviator helmet.

"Is this really necessary?" asks AmericanFortuneteller as someone ties her down to the skateboard.

"Well, the original idea was to just string you up to any random tree, but we couldn't really agree on whether that was racist or not, and plus Pilot and Credit kinda destroyed the only tree in town this morning so....."

"No no no, I mean I get that, but how was THIS plan B?"

"Because all of our pitchforks are still covered in cheese from yesterday!"

"I... What?"

"Look we don't have to explain ourselves to you anymore, but say hi to PE for us!" The other six members of the town all decide to quit speaking in unison now and they all give AF's skateboard a good solid kick down the hill.

AmericanFortuneteller gnaws wildly at her ropes as the stakeboard flies down the hill towards a nearby ravine. Thanks to her impeccable oral hygiene, the ropes pose no challenge at all and she is able to chew her way to freedom in mere seconds. She throws the ropes aside and jumps up onto the board in victory. If only she had remembered to bail before the skateboard lifts off from the ramp at the edge of the cliff.

The rest of you all watch in awe as AF does some of the sickest tricks you've ever seen. Like, uh.... the reverse spin.... and the backstroke.... and the loop-de-loop.... and some other very real stakeboarding tricks that I definitely know off the top of my head without even having to look up. It's all very impressive.

Oh! Oh my god! I think she's going to make it to other side! She's really gonna make it!

Wait sorry, false alarm. She definitely did not make that jump. Like wow, it wasn't even close really. You decide to go snooping through her house to figure out who she was, since it didn't occur to any of you to check beforehand, for some reason.

AmericanFortuneteller was the Pilot. (No relation to TehPilot.) When playing this card you learn exactly who visited all players in the night.

AmericanFortuneteller was a Card Player and a member of the TOWN.

Ah well, can't win 'em all. You all head off to bed for another peaceful night of slumber.

Day ends in approx. 47 hours, or at exactly Midnight EST tomorrow night. Please get your night actions in before then.

Livelist:
1. GenetiXientist
2. Speedchuck
3. dichotomousCreator
4. icanhasdonut
5. Druplesnubb
6. Kadis

Tumblr/Steam
11-04-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day 4 - Checked)
Day Four Start

You all wake up rested and well. To well - everyone is still standing. You quickly check each other out to make sure there's not a repeat of the Dank Memes incident. Thankfully, this time nobody fell to pieces over it. Though honestly given the excitement so far it's kind of boring.

You briefly debate just leaving things as is, since after all no kills meant the bad guys might have left, but that'd be such a boring way to end things that you're positive there must still be some threats hiding among you.

Nobody died tonight.

With six alive it takes four to lynch.

Livelist:
1. GenetiXientist
2. Speedchuck
3. dichotomousCreator
4. icanhasdonut
5. Druplesnubb
6. Kadis
11-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Cool, no one roleblocked me.

Since I'm gonna be lynched today and I figure dC is dying tonight, the 4 of you left had better figure out which non-donut player (or if donut dies, which non-dC player) to lynch.

Do NOT just summarily execute Speedchuck without looking critically at Kadis and Druple.

Oh, and since getting rid of an unknown is pretty much the most important thing y'all can do right now and if you pick speedchuck now, you'll all just be lynching me tomorrow anyway, I'm sure: Vote: GX. I'm gonna go collapse into bed after the greatest night ever and the subsequent drinking, go cubs
11-04-2016, 08:40 AM
Friggin roleblock, wth

I had cool informative roles

you butts
11-04-2016, 08:57 AM
No roleblock for me either, and some info! It's less relevant than it might be since the Whitest Night thing apparently worked (and that was a pretty towny thing to do), but I copped GX last night (I am apparently hoarding every cop card in this game) and read town. (It was a completely plain One-Shot Cop, exactly what it says on the tin.)

In other words, I don't think we should lynch GX. Their role obviously went through and the odds of then getting to also play something that would fool a cop read seem pretty slim (and another scum in the game would be kind of ridiculous).

Going to think through some more and may well change my mind, but for now I'll vote speed.
11-04-2016, 08:58 AM
Yup, I was also roleblocked.
11-04-2016, 09:00 AM
I mean, if GX was lying scum he would either claim he got roleblock (which he didn't) or just not kill anyone for tonight.
11-04-2016, 09:25 AM
I roleblocked both Speed and Druple

Also my failed daykill yesterday was actually a DELAYED Daykill, which attempted to nightkill GX last night. This confirms that GX is town (as he in fact did . As it turns out someone copped him, but this is just extra confirmation.

I roleblocked both Speed and Druple to ensure neither would interfere with this, since they are the only two remaining candidates for scum and I had a role that could roleblock both. (In particular, Whitest Night might have only blocked one kill per person, or one of them may have had a piercing kill)

Kadis is still town for picking cop N1 with no indication that this fact would become provable, donut is still town for clearing me and desperado-ing pE in the face (the desperado mechanically proves it), so we just need to run through Speed/Druple and we'll be fine. I personally think Speedchuck is the scum, but will not vote yet.

Also: Tyrannosaurus, Pterodactyl, Mastodon, Triceratops, and Sabertooth Tiger. Someone should repeat these five names tomorrow, should I live.

11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
EBWOP: ...as he in fact did use Whitest Night, as evidenced by the fact that the nightkill didn't kill him

11-04-2016, 09:26 AM
DOUBLE EBWOP: Goes without saying, GX was never actually lynchproof. get rekt scum lynch pusher

11-04-2016, 09:27 AM
TRIPLE EBWOP: Also Kadis just cleared GX for no goddamn reason so I really don't think Kadis is scum. (That would be SUPER risky, since it would only take one of Speed/Druple drawing a way to clear themselves to put Kadis in serious jeopardy)