Complete CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Endgame - House Always Wins)
11-04-2016, 09:31 AM
RE: CYOMRCGTG Mafia (Day 4 - Checked)
WOW LOOK AT ALL THIS BULLSHIT DC IS SAYING: I'm going to be voluntarily taking on a chat restriction tomorrow in exchange for certain abilities. Just letting people know in advance because the restriction may have made it difficult to communicate this.

Also speed/druple should build cases on each other go go go

WHOA CHECK OUT ALL THESE MAFIA GAMES GUYS
(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
11-04-2016, 09:46 AM
Gimme a bit.

Tried to copy Kadis's role, got blocked. Pity, I would have copped Druple.

Don't think the lack of a kill clears GX at all, but the cop certainly does. Kadis would be throwing the game if it didn't. Unless of course, godfather cards, but not likely.

Anyway, got today and tomorrow, and it's between me and Druple which means HOLY HELL is my scumhunting bad this game.
I would say just lynch me today and then Druple tomorrow but this is a clusterfuck and I almost had 3 roles last night so I don't feel like giving scum an extra night. Nobody put two votes on anyone yet, I'll make a case by tomorrow. Hopefully. On my towniest read all game. :(
11-04-2016, 09:51 AM
The thing that clears GX (from MY end) is that he didn't die in the night. If he'd been scum and no killed, he would also have had to doc himself for no discernible reason (which admittedly is POSSIBLE) or he would have died from MY nightkill.

Plus, if he did that he probably didn't play a godfather card at the same time. So the combination of protecting himself and the cop makes his clear more or less completely solid.

(06-06-2016 06:12 AM)Coldblooded Wrote:  if there was ever a scumteam to overthink things and make a huge dramatic production out of day one, DC and Granola would probably be it.
11-04-2016, 09:53 AM
EBWOP: I guess he could actually have played Whitest Night as scum. Regardless.

11-04-2016, 10:36 AM
I was gonna use a role on GX that redirects any kill they perform back to themselves. The idea being that if he was scum and planned on lying about being roleblocked he would kill himself and if he really was roleblocked I would've been able to confirm that he wasn't the killer.

@DC: Could he really have played Whitest Night together with a godfather?
11-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Will explain why I'm town and Speed is scum tomorrow. For now, let's just Vote: Speed.
11-04-2016, 10:48 AM
(11-04-2016 10:36 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  I was gonna use a role on GX that redirects any kill they perform back to themselves. The idea being that if he was scum and planned on lying about being roleblocked he would kill himself and if he really was roleblocked I would've been able to confirm that he wasn't the killer.

@DC: Could he really have played Whitest Night together with a godfather?

Hence "regardless" (what I meant to imply is that by ITSELF, either the cop or the NK wouldn't have been a hard clear)

Druple, what's the name of the role you were going to use? (I think I submitted it and I can at least confirm you actually HAVE the card)

Also, uh, if we lynch Speed and Speed is scum then the game ends. Livelist is 6, we'd be at MYLO if there was more than one scum remaining.

11-04-2016, 02:07 PM
(11-04-2016 10:48 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Livelist is 6, we'd be at MYLO if there was more than one scum remaining.
CF game.

Not necessarily true.
11-04-2016, 02:37 PM
(11-04-2016 02:07 PM)speedchuck Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 10:48 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  Livelist is 6, we'd be at MYLO if there was more than one scum remaining.
CF game.

Not necessarily true.

Explain? My assumption was that MYLO didn't really care about town abilities and/or MYLO is declared if there's any set of scum actions that leads to overrun the next day if we mislynch

Specifically, do you think we could be at technical MYLO already and have received no announcement?

11-04-2016, 02:37 PM
EBWOP: Oh right, "clusterfuck game"

okay, carry on. Although I believe we were told that nobody had any roles other than the cards, so wincons should be fairly straightforward

11-04-2016, 03:15 PM
(11-04-2016 02:37 PM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  EBWOP: Oh right, "clusterfuck game"

okay, carry on. Although I believe we were told that nobody had any roles other than the cards, so wincons should be fairly straightforward
Agreed. But last night I used a lucky draw card that got me other roles.m I could have had three roles. Kills are concievable.
11-04-2016, 03:45 PM
While true, the argument I was making goes the OTHER way: Two scum would mean MYLO. For THAT to be false, the MYLO announcement would have to take into account cards that REDUCE scum's killing power (such that a townlynch at 4/2 does not cause town to lose) and I think traditionally they don't.

11-05-2016, 12:22 AM
...wait, didn't we JUST have a game where Speed and Druple were put into a town-off to the death?

11-05-2016, 04:50 AM
(11-05-2016 12:22 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  ...wait, didn't we JUST have a game where Speed and Druple were put into a town-off to the death?
Yep. I was town and he was not town. We are in the same situation today. Make the right choice again. Vote to lynch Druple.
11-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Hopefully I'll have recovered from post-World Series win/curse shattering euphoric fugue by tonight and will be able to look at speed/druple in detail; it's cool to have my alignment validated though.
11-05-2016, 07:23 AM
(11-05-2016 12:22 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  ...wait, didn't we JUST have a game where Speed and Druple were put into a town-off to the death?
Yup, except this time I'm not intentionally trying to lose.

Back at Day 1 I was the one who broke rvs after several hours of nothing happening.
I was the first to consider PE and Credit on a scumteam together. Note that I advocated lycnhing Credit and then going after PE if he flipped scum. If I was scum this would have been a doublebus that also undermined my scumbuddy's bus in a 3-man scumteam.
I gave town the info that killed PE when I could have lied about what my role did. While AF did indicate that she had some info there was no indication that she knew the names and frequencies of every visitor. And that's not even going into why scum would pick a watcher/tracker role to begin with in a game where those roles are practically weaker cops.
In fact, I would say my alibi is on a similar level to that of Kadis. Kadis used a cop role and townfirmed a major suspect. I used a cop role and scumfirmed someone most people saw as town.

Speed was the first to suggest nolynching Day 1, contributing to the general lack of Day 1 content and this game's slow start.
Throughout the game Speed has had a general attitude of just trying to increase the weird things happening in the game rather than winning. See here and here. Thing is, this is congruent with the one night kill we have that wasn't blocked or redirected. Scum decided to nightkill a lurker, seemingly not so much for helping them win as for keeping the game fun.
PE listed Speed as a potential target for his second vest in case he got the cheese (though looking again I noticed that I'm also on that list). He said he would publicly announce who the recipient was the next day so it's likely that he was gonna give it to a scummate in a way he thought would look townish.

Though talking about PE's vest made me realize something, what if he gave it to GX? Then GX would be able to use a Godfather role and still survive Night 3. I still think Speed is more likely to be scum though due to my previous point about the scumkill fitting his style and GX's remark of "what kind of scumteam wants to kill a lurker?"
I think we need to discuss PE's supposed vest, though. The one thing we know for sure is that Credit was never given a vest. Is it possible that he was just lying? Is it possible that the role allowed him to vest himself? Is it possible that he planned on giving Speed two vests? Is it possible that he gave Speed a vest Night 1 and then planned to give Credit a vest Night 2 while claiming he visited Speed? So many questions that are practically impossible to answer.

Also, the name of my role was Karma. Not sure whether it had the same name when you submitted it, though (one of the roles I submitted seems to have changed name from Hobo to Janitor).
11-05-2016, 07:45 AM
Good list as to why you are town. Basically agree with all of it, which is, you know, the problem with me making a case against a townread of mine.

As for the reasons you think I am scum, I'm going to be blunt and say that they're pretty bad.

Day 1 was bad in general, and I still stand by my suggestion. I think it was a good idea, and at the time, you were at least okay with it.
"Speed wants to have fun and the mafia were killing lurkers which shows the same mindset." - this is a CF game. I always try to do the craziest things possible. Which is why it pissed me off that I was roleblocked last night.
The vest thing is null as you were also listed. And, for the record, I do not have a vest to my knowledge. I'd assume it would be announced, but just in case, a modconfirm would be nice.

Mods, does the recipient get notified of vest receival?
11-05-2016, 08:39 AM
Players are automatically notified of any items that they receive in the night, bulletproof vests included.

Tumblr/Steam
11-05-2016, 11:46 AM
My assumption was that pE was simply outright lying about the vest...

I guess he could have given it to scum!GX? My main issue with this is that Druple is trying to argue that two other people could be scum, while Speed isn't. Like, scum!Speed is essentially digging his own grave here since he gets lynched at MYLO and dies, whereas Druple has a game plan (go after GX). Plus...I dunno, that plan would have risked that someone ELSE got a kill aimed at them somehow and died, outing GX.

On the other hand, Karma is in fact the name of the card Druple has so he at least gave some thought to how to validate GX.

11-05-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm not finished with targeted analysis/evaluation of the case against speed, but I've found enough on druple that I want people (specifically one or more of donut, dC, and kadis) to go through my reading of his posts and see if it makes sense.

Note that at some point I started looking at druple through scum-tinted googles.

#60 and #63 are notable but weird; I feel like they'd make much more sense if I knew what card he was talking about.

(Special note to be made of #64-65 by pE; is he lying?)

Don't love #73; seems opportunistic. #77 is...I'm not sure how to analyze it. Could go either way, but 73 pushes it into justification rather than rationalization, if that makes sense.

#83 is a red flag. Okay, you're cool with a lurker lynch...like a day after the quasi-end of RVS. Backing up scum!pE as well.

#90, 91, 97 are mildly iffy. Hasty justification for "what lurker do we want dead", something about 97 feels bad to me, since it's fishing for what other people think he has as his role.

#100...hmm. Let's see how he's feeling about credit as time goes on.

#147: sidestepping any kind of analysis?

#174: HMM.

#195: again, multiple interpretations: 1 is jumping off a lynch of a scumbuddy, voting town, and then fishing for more info on the gamestate. The other is...I dunno, I don't think "scum should be able to give out a vest, it's not bad to not lynch him" is great. Of course, that requires pE to not have been lying about bulletproof making. But this ain't a good look for him.

#201: FEED ME INFO ON YOUR READS OF ME

#213 is more of the same, late vote for a townie.

I'm bored of going through his posts, but they generally seem to be trying to glean more info about roles instead of anything about alignments (see: #267 kind of, #269, #271)

sidenote: I keep seeing stuff about "pE/Credit alignment tying" but he seems very loath to actually go after pE at all, or credit for that matter

#329 is...hmm. it's more searching for role effects, it's got speedchuck on a list with 2 other town (presuming kadis is just that)

I don't really feel like trying to muddle through #361, but it and #367 seem like casting a wide net for reasons to vote for one of our 4 more-or-less townfirms

#416 is a fine defense that I'm ignoring because I'm reading a very different thing than he's claiming, and also a very weird attempt to get speedchuck lynched and then me.

I want help mostly because I recall at least one game where I went after him pretty hard and he turned out to be town despite my convictions otherwise; I can't assume a lack of bias. That's true also because he's settled on a scenario (if I understand him right) of me using a godfather card, having a bulletproof vest, deciding to use the former, and not killing anyone, while expecting imminent death and then voting for myself after carefully outlining, the day before, why lynching me, as an unknown, is a good idea for town. I'm...skeptical that anyone on earth would have the foresight to do that.

Not voting because I haven't looked at speed yet and I don't trust my analysis alone regardless.
11-05-2016, 04:35 PM
EBWOP: actually now that I think about it I'm gonna save myself the trouble of analyzing speed right now because I want to go to bed
11-06-2016, 10:05 AM
(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #60 and #63 are notable but weird; I feel like they'd make much more sense if I knew what card he was talking about.
I just wanted to get discussion started. (Though technically speaking the description I gave applies to my karma role. Get it?, you won't have to worry about doctors or busdrivers because the kill gets sent back to you anyway.)

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #90, 91, 97 are mildly iffy. Hasty justification for "what lurker do we want dead", something about 97 feels bad to me, since it's fishing for what other people think he has as his role.
The idea was that AF responded the same to two different proposals which might indicate changing what "roles" they claim to have on the fly. I eventually realized that this line of thinking didn't make sense for a number of reasons. speaking of cases that don't make sense; what is "fishing for what other people think he has as his role", especially a role I've already gone into the specifics of, meant to accomplish as a scum tactic?

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #147: sidestepping any kind of analysis?
This game was just kind of terrible for reads in general. Day 1 was extremely slow and uneventful, Day 2 brought nothing new to the table besides Dank's alignment (which I think I was the only one basing any reads off of) and Day 3 onwards we suddenly had tons of mechanical townfirms

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #174: HMM.
?

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #195: again, multiple interpretations: 1 is jumping off a lynch of a scumbuddy, voting town, and then fishing for more info on the gamestate. The other is...I dunno, I don't think "scum should be able to give out a vest, it's not bad to not lynch him" is great. Of course, that requires pE to not have been lying about bulletproof making. But this ain't a good look for him.
If PE was lying he either would be outed the next day when no one got anything or his buddy would have to cover for him, thus tying them together.

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #201: FEED ME INFO ON YOUR READS OF ME
Wanting people to restate their opinions once their lynchreason disappears and to explain their unfounded claims is so scummy it requires all caps, apparently.

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  I'm bored of going through his posts, but they generally seem to be trying to glean more info about roles instead of anything about alignments (see: #267 kind of, #269, #271)
Yeah, it kinda shows that you stopped paying attention by this point. #267 is the post where I dumped all the roleinfo I got during the night, and #269 and #271 is me grilling AF over claiming an unprovable role with a bunch of info that was already in the thread.

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  sidenote: I keep seeing stuff about "pE/Credit alignment tying" but he seems very loath to actually go after pE at all, or credit for that matter
Here is me voting PE and explaining I would have voted Credit if DC hadn't asked me to not vote for a lurker. The Anac vote was a pressurevote that never got removed because he never showed up to answer until after I went to bed. Day three I went after Kadis instead because my mechanical info seemingly implicated her at the time, and after that both PE and Credit were dead.

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  I don't really feel like trying to muddle through #361, but it and #367 seem like casting a wide net for reasons to vote for one of our 4 more-or-less townfirms
Didn't you yourself go on yesterday how we shouldn't fall into the trap of blindly following false townfirms? I've mainly been pointing the finger at you because I didn't want town to go into MYLO with a false townfirm but changing your standpoints to suit your own cause like this feels like genuinely scummy behaviour to me.

(11-05-2016 04:28 PM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  #416 is a fine defense that I'm ignoring because I'm reading a very different thing than he's claiming, and also a very weird attempt to get speedchuck lynched and then me.
"His defense was fine but I'm gonna ignore it." Yeah, this really does come across like a bias on your part.
11-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Will someone else, other than the person attempting to make "giving info on tracking stuff is not a townfirm" into "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OCCAM'S RAZOR", look at my thoughts?
11-06-2016, 12:04 PM
It looks perfectly solid to me.

Honestly I'm already more or less sold on Lynch: Druplesnubb for a number of reasons (foremost being this whole "fighting GX's townfirm" thing, also if he's scum he probably still has Karma which is something I'm kind of nervous about going into endgame)

11-07-2016, 02:52 PM
How long until dayend?

11-07-2016, 09:24 PM
@DC: I want to hear your explanation for Day 3.

As for lynching me, if Speedchuck is the scum, as is most likely, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. From what I've seen so far you guys will probably just lynch him tomorrow anyway. The only problem is if GX is scum or there's something weird with one of the townfirms. While this is relatively unlikely, it's possible enough that I would advise against lynching me today. Speedchuck is the only player left who isn't either townfirmed or requiring of a very specific set of circumstances to be scum, and he hasn't helped town all that much this game. Even on the off chance that he is town, do you think he would ever actually survive LYLO with the rest of the game looking like it does?
11-07-2016, 09:25 PM
Also, Donut seriously needs to get in here already. I haven't seen her since day 4 started.
11-08-2016, 02:56 AM
Hello.

I was gone for most of the weekend, as is normal, and it's looking like Druple today and me tomorrow? That's fine with me. I don't buy GX as being scum, quite frankly. The actions just don't fit. Sure, it's technically possible that GX had a vest and decided to throw the game by not taking a kill at night, while using a godfather card. In a game this small, with this many townfirms, I don't see where a kill is not in the mafia's best interest, but it is possible.

Then, it is possible that GX hamstrung himself further by bussing pE when it is conceivable that he could have weaseled out of it. It is all possible. It's just not probable or smart.

Am I seeing this correctly? It's been a couple of days. Donut? dC?
11-08-2016, 03:06 AM
Remember, we're six players right now. One player less doesn't make that much of a difference. We're still most likely at the second-to-last day. The only difference is between a LYLO of three people or a LYLO of four people. Compared to the alibi of supposedly having used the Whitest Night role, that's not very significant.
11-08-2016, 03:08 AM
Votals:
Speedchuck (2): Kadis, Druplesnubb
Druplesnubb (2): speedchuck, dC
GX (1): GX
Abstaining (1): donut

With six alive it takes four to lynch. At this point, nobody will be lynched.

36 hours remain.
11-08-2016, 03:39 AM
Druple, I'm curious.

If we lynched GX today, the ideal would be to lynch you tomorrow because of your deflection onto GX. Yet you think I'm most likely to be scum. I think you want us to lynch me today, and consider GX tomorrow? Yet that seems ridiculous to me, as you are not townfirmed, and GX is all but.

What is your ideal concerning town actions today and tomorrow? What would your ideal plan be?
11-08-2016, 04:03 AM
My ideal plan is to lynch you today and most likely end the game. On the off chance you turn out to be town, we then lynch GX. I knew pointing out how GX's townfirm isn't perfect might get me mislynched, but I think it's worth the risk. If you're the scum, you'd most likely be lynched after me, anyway. If GX's the scum, it's not like my chances would have improved by keeping silent until LYLO. At least now town won't be at a loss on what to do in case you turn up townfirmed tomorrow, and maybe someone who has the ability to conclusively townfirm GX tonight but didn't see the point in doing so might reconsider.
11-08-2016, 08:08 AM
What do you mean explain Day 3? Explain your Day 3 play if you're scum? Or something else?

11-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Coming to think of it, what I really want you to do is explaining Night 2.
11-08-2016, 08:26 AM
Or more specifically, how you imagine the things that happened Night 2 that were later revealed Day 3 makes sense with me as scum.
11-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Uh...you went tracker because you had a bad hand, you had a role that synergized with it, or you had reason to believe the amp would work a certain useful way?

(In terms of getting amped, I assume it was sourced from you on a previous day like Kadis's cop because a targeted amp would have gotten sucked in by Pilot)

Of note, the results from the nexus suggest that everyone on the scumteam had a bad hand (there was nothing particularly nasty in there)

although to be fair the troublefuck was probably more scummy in a vacuum

the thing is that I feel like scum!Speed has already lost, while scum!Druple hasn't

11-08-2016, 11:34 AM
(11-08-2016 08:54 AM)dichotomousCreator Wrote:  the thing is that I feel like scum!Speed has already lost, while scum!Druple hasn't
I am unsure what this means. Does it mean that you are more comfortable with a final day with me and GX alive than Druple and GX?
11-08-2016, 11:36 AM
It means that you've seemingly been resigned to your death since D3, and Druple is still stretching for ways to keep himself alive.

And just because I might miss dayend: Vote: Druple.
11-08-2016, 01:34 PM
(11-08-2016 11:36 AM)GenetiXientist Wrote:  It means that you've seemingly been resigned to your death since D3, and Druple is still stretching for ways to keep himself alive.

And just because I might miss dayend: Vote: Druple.

This. GX is town, end of. So it doesn't really MATTER who we lynch first out of you two, but hitting the scum gives less chance they do something stupid overnight. (Plus scum lynches are usually better than lynching town >_>)

11-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Or as a wise donut once said...

(03-02-2015 02:57 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  because one of you is lying scum, the end

11-09-2016, 01:20 AM
Unless Kadis or donut come back, I'm literally going to have to vote for myself to get a lynch through.
11-09-2016, 02:04 AM
(11-09-2016 01:20 AM)speedchuck Wrote:  Unless Kadis or donut come back, I'm literally going to have to vote for myself to get a lynch through.
sec

i had a super busy weekend, sorry

dC Wrote:donut is A FILTHY TRAITOR unreliable
11-09-2016, 02:19 AM
ok from catching up:
yeah gx and kadis seem pretty town(i thought kadis was town anyways)
(10-12-2016 02:37 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  He's a Roleblocker

(10-12-2016 02:46 AM)phantomEclipse Wrote:  Or, hmm.

No that's the other way around.

This role does sound terrribly not helpful to town in any way
this is after druple asks if people want to not be worried about busdrivers but it could be taken as pE trying to cast suspicion on a scummate or just trying to undermine a townie
from speed:
Quote: pE - Focuses on utility over scumhunting - light scum
kind of a weird scumread imo

#174 seems pretty solid since druple goes after pE pretty early on a wagon(he breaks off later after pE claims blacksmith but that's fair)
late cheese discussion speed seems to have decided pE as candidate
there's still NO explanation i've seen for why anac got cheesed instead of pE so if someone could tell me i'd appreciate
d3 gun discussion speed and druple seem to both lean kadis
pE posts his post that leads to him getting shot after dc says "if pE is scum i'm shooting druple"

nothing really sticks out to me about speed or druple from my reread

11-09-2016, 03:17 AM
(11-09-2016 02:19 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  there's still NO explanation i've seen for why anac got cheesed instead of pE so if someone could tell me i'd appreciate
:(

I explained already. Look at Anacreon's role that flipped. He selected me at night, and I was redirected to him. He seduced the cheese.
11-09-2016, 03:17 AM
*presumably that is what happened, anyway. I have no better explanation.
11-09-2016, 07:19 AM
alright, i did not see that. thanks.
i'll be around for the next 3 hours or so and then sparingly as it gets closer to deadline and i still don't know so unless druple convinces me i'll vote him in a bit

11-09-2016, 08:10 AM
GX moved over to Druple at least, so there's that

11-09-2016, 09:25 AM
(11-09-2016 07:19 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  alright, i did not see that. thanks.
i'll be around for the next 3 hours or so and then sparingly as it gets closer to deadline and i still don't know so unless druple convinces me i'll vote him in a bit
I've already said everything there is to say. If that isn't enough then fine, town still has pretty good chances of winning.
11-09-2016, 09:32 AM
It really came down to druple writing a lot while actually saying little, vs. speedchuck doing...whatever he's been doing.
11-09-2016, 09:34 AM
(11-09-2016 09:25 AM)Druplesnubb Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 07:19 AM)icanhasdonut Wrote:  alright, i did not see that. thanks.
I've already said everything there is to say. If that isn't enough then fine, town still has pretty good chances of winning.

See, town has amazing chances of winning whether we hit correctly today or not. To me, this reads like scaremongering ("oh no! if you lynch me MAYBE YOU'LL LOSE!!!")

and while yeah Druple did waffle a fair bit, for me it came down to the fact that he was trying to set up a lynch that wasn't him for tomorrow, while Speedchuck was not.