In Progress Hope Rides On - Chapter Three: Gentle is the Night
08-04-2017, 06:26 AM
RE: Hope Rides On - Chapter Three: Gentle is the Night
"Ain't nobody's priority thinkin' of themselves. Even you put the safety of your siblin's above your own, dontcha?" There's a critical curl to her lips as she looks down at Molly, though it quickly dissolves into wonder and further happiness at the mention of the seeds. "Smart idea, really. Prolly the smartest thing I heard. Way better'n what I grabbed. Y'all thought way far ahead!"
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Valentine would get a good nap in!

Aw yeah, nap time!
08-10-2017, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2017 08:24 PM by Protoman.)
Unfortunately, Molly and Flo found no booze in the wagon's storage! They'd have to make a brewery or somethin' to get MIGHTY WASTED.

Nate hears Theresa and Allie talking about crops and works up the gumption to actually do something other than cookin' for once, the lazy ol' fuck! He finds a seed book nestled amongst Allie's things and manages to identify seeds for the following among the inheritance of the Beckett children:

Potatoes (plenty), wheat (plenty), corn (plenty), carrots (few), lettuce (few), cabbage (scarce,) cucumber (scarce), strawberries (scarce), plum (one), apple (one).

He shares his findings with the whole campsite, mighty proud of himself!

Father Jay comes back with a crab, squirmin' about in his hands! Trent ignores the seed talk and stares at it, fascinated. "Woah, mister! Wheredja find that!?"

Rowan disappears into the woods as Valentine falls asleep.

[Health update! Coyote's period begins! Allie's period is lessening!]
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
"Mmmphhhhhzzzzzz," Valentine said. "Can't hit it, father. It's...zzz...too far..."

A few moments passed.

"No...zzz...YOU'RE the cheater, sir! Mmmmzzzzzzzz."
08-11-2017, 05:00 AM
"By the beach. It's a crab. I believe they're edible but I admit, I'm not 100% sure on how to prepare them. Boiling water I think. Careful, they nip. Poor thing ain't happy." Jay said, squirming his hands and fingers to try and keep a good hold on the damn thing. "If we can find some fresh water, may be able to make something tasty from it."

“One day you wake up and realize the world can be conquered.” - Doctor Impossible
08-11-2017, 02:38 PM
"Er... Well shit, you caught me Flo. I do care more about my siblins than my damn self." She looks pretty huffy at that. "And well, I didn't know what I'd do. All I know is fuckin' farmin, so thats another reason."

She gestured for Flo to follow her and walked over to Nate. She grabbed the wheat seeds, thanking Nate . She left about twenty seeds back in the bag just incase anything went wrong. "Reckon I'll plant the wheat first. Then the potatoes, then the corn. Those I can do like breathin'. The Becketts will have the fields so hella full in no time! I promise everyone that. Flo too, if she wants to help." She turns to Flo. "If ya want ta, like I said, I'll teach ya everythin to know about farming. I was jus' wonderin though if you would rather help with Valentine."
08-12-2017, 12:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2017 10:24 AM by Bigshot.)
"Feel like it's natural to care 'bout people more than yourself. It ent weird, Molly." Florence is quick to follow Molly, giving Nate a waggle of her fingertips and a smile. Hi Nate!
Flo keeps following after her, coming to a stop only when the other girl does.

The mention of Valentine has her blinking, before her brow knits in a little 'v'.
"I'd rather learn 'bout farmin' right now, truth be told. Mister Valentine's been awfully busy with his new gal, and I'd rather not bother 'em if I can help it. Not 'til he comes to me, at least. Hopin' he remembers he promised me lessons...if he still wants an apprentice. Just don't wanna be annoyin', y'know? So...you can teach me 'bout the potato an' the corn an' the wheat just fine. Only other thing I can do besides that medical stuff is sewin', an' we ain't even got much cloth. Might as well learn some new skills."

With a short exhale, she gestures to the seeds. "Show me how it's done, Molly Beckett."