MARCH OF EVIL: WHERE IT ALL GOES WRONG
09-26-2016, 03:42 AM
RE: MARCH OF EVIL: GAME START, WHAT COULD GO WRONG
Hern looked around. He then hefted his greatsword and rested the hilt on his shoulder so that the blade was facing upwards in a carrying position, and he then turned and walked to the door.

"Then I shall... announce our lord's ascension to the troops!"

09-26-2016, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 03:55 AM by Demonsul.)
Angie was extremely concerned - she'd never actually seen Hern act worried before, and here he was practically scared! This was really bad.

In another rush of smoke, she appeared with an arm around Vanth's shoulders, grinning like anything. "Hey, V, how about we go hand out some more shrimpies? Away from the whole apotheosis-" she dropped to a rapid whisper, though Io could probably overhear since she was right there, "-thebossisgonnaexplodebigweneedtogetoutofhere."
09-26-2016, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 04:59 AM by Bramzter.)
Alexi while being a bat manages to snatch the box out of the thralls spectral hands. While many people don't speak 'bat' it would probably be a wise guess to assume he is complaining about stupid demon magic and not disturbing the boss with it... and maybe a quip about 'returning to sender' or some such who knows? Not many people speak bat.
09-26-2016, 04:14 AM
"...huh?" Io managed, eyes mesmerized by the glowing runes and roaring candles. For once, nothing came to mind, and her hand was still against her page. She'd never... quite seen anything like this before. Even from where she sat, even being what she was - a being untouched by the strength of magic - Io could still feel the raw power of the scene before her.

And it scared her a little.

"I... don't know," she finally whispered back to Vanth, just as Angelique came over. Though she tried her best, Io's voice was uncertain.

"Lord Agar isn't going to... 'blow up'..." Her voice wavered, "Is he?"
09-26-2016, 04:57 AM
As Alexi grabs the box, he notices another pair of hands grabbing it as well. A wiry grey demon's.

As it comes free from the ghost's spectral grasp, the lid comes slightly ajar. A hissing noise can be heard.

The ghost, confused, looks over to them.

"Candy.... Candygram for... For Lord Agar..."
09-26-2016, 04:58 AM
"Hell if I know," said Angie to Io, still keeping her voice down. "But Hern's acting freaked out, and you know how weird that is for that guy, so that's enough for me to not want to be in the same room as the boss right now."
09-26-2016, 05:02 AM
The bat gives a small squeak and then consequently is covered in soot.
09-26-2016, 05:38 AM
How could Anisim say no to those faces?

"Welll... Alright! Go for it, kids!"

Might as well let the men talk, too! This is an hour of CELEBRATION, not stodgy militarism!
09-26-2016, 07:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 07:31 AM by Galloglasses.)
"LORD AGAR ASCENDS!"
Hern bellowed, his voice ringing like bell chimes of a great cathedral as he walked quite fast out of the main antechamber.

"REJOICE! REJOICE I SAY!"
Hern shouts as his speed picks up, turning corners with some difficulty and taking steps down three at a time.

"LORD AGAR ASCENDS TO GODHOOD! REJOICE!"
Now at full pelt through the keep towards the frontlines.

"REJOICE!"

09-26-2016, 07:43 AM
"Ye Gods, Io! Imma deadman. Deadman magic don usual deal with 'splosions, 'special with de..." Vanth looks at the glowing and rune-carved circle of omniousness and looks at the Jyann and looks back again. "Flashy n'godhood kind! Dis way outta me league!"

Meanwhile, Apollo croaks, his eyes fixated on the strong magic with fear and wonder.
09-26-2016, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 07:45 AM by Bramzter.)
Alexi poofed back into his normal self after having flown back to the overlook at the demon portal, dusting himself off as Hern's proclamations echo trough the halls. He raised a eyebrow at the now surprisingly emotive running man who was definitely not routing. Really now? He already managed it? i was expecting the whole place to shake with tremors and that infernal latin choir to become even louder and more into its crescendo, What a bore. Atleast we have some PROGRESS now, perhaps we can even be resupplied.

He also flipped off Riachik for good measure. Not happy about the shenanigans that occurred earlier and hastily retreated to his 'establishment'
09-26-2016, 08:17 AM
"..." Io frowned, hand unconsciously tapping her pencil against the paper before her. Hern's voice bellowed behind her. She glanced down, scribbling something out, before turning back to Vanth.

"...Well are you leaving?" She asked, hunkering down in her seat a little bit.
09-26-2016, 08:45 AM
"What? Naw, not dis time at leest. Imma de Dark Hand, s'me duty to look (eh heh) at dear ol'Aggie, regardless of de shit he does." Vanth whispers as she takes a seat down. Apollo hops down to take the seat next to her.
09-26-2016, 09:39 AM
"Glad we're on the same page then." Io responded, writing something down before hunkering down behind the desk a little more.
09-26-2016, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 05:07 PM by Kocel.)
A tendril of glowing, blue energy was being drawn from the Cornerstone into the gem in Agar's chest. Agar, deeply focused and chanting, ignored the chattering and movement of his underlings. His attention was vital, here, one slip up and the absorption process could be fatally disrupted.

Those in the chamber suddenly felt... Another presence. A dull glow was above Agar... Maybe.... Maybe this was part of the ceremony?

------------

The rear members of the Youth Brigade witnessed Alexi covered in soot from a comical explosion. They laughed and pointed.

The cartoon bomb was fortunately rather harmless... It DID have bit of a kick to it, but only enough to blow the demon back and destroy the spectral form of the ghost. It'd take a whole lot more than that to hurt a vampire like Alexi, no matter how foppish they were.

He returned to his establishment to find his thralls trying, in vain, to eke out a few more drops of blood from a bottle into a goblet. Well... At least they were TRYING to be useful?

-------
Meegor giggled as Vespera's wicked tongue stole the apple from his hand.

"Oooooh that tickles, good pony," Meegor's hand was actually bleeding from that, "We're such good friends, pony, yes... No one understands Meegor but you... Nobody appreciates Meegor but-"

He was cut off as Hern charged past Vespera, knocking Meegor backwards down a few steps.

"REJOICE!!!"

Well, Meegor was a tough guy. He'd be okay.
-----

As Riachik gazed to the keep, a smaller red demon approached him.

"Lord Blodmayne! The Cultists are at it again. They're trying to make off with a bottle of wine. The bottles that Lord Agar has ordered to be saved for the after-ceremony... Do we... You know... Stab them? A lot?" The demon stroked the pommel of a dagger on his belt, "We could stab them up real good. They won't be trying this again once WE'RE done with them!"

Vekna might not be too fond of her cultists, but, at the very least, Agar preferred for inter-Dark Forces conflicts to be solved non-lethally if possible.

-------------

"I can't believe Vangar didn't try to fight you again," Meriel grinned toothily, "It was pretty fun watching you give him what he deserved last time."

"REJOICE!"

Meriel looked over her shoulder.

"What's the Childtaker doing out here?"

Hern was rapidly approaching the frontlines, which happened to be Tarek's position. How he'd react to the company of the Fae Armor is up to him.

-------------------

"COOOL, WE GET TO DO THE GUN THING!"

The Youth Brigade proceeded to get really excited. The older leaders calmed their team members down, and they turned to Thomas the Terrible. He looked back, and beamed to Anisim.

"We'll make you and Lord God Agar proud, Captain General Anisim!"

He turned back to the Brigade and shouted orders.

"ABOOOOOUT, FACE!"

"Hooo-rah!"

"GUUUUUUUUNNNS READY!"

"Hoooooo-raaaah!"

"WHO LOVES LORD AGAR?"

"WE DO!"

"WHO HATES KING TYRON?"

"WE DO!"

"WHO'S READY TO KILL FOR LORD AGAR?"

"WE ARE!"

The children cheered.

"TO ORDER!"

Silence.

"RAISE GUNS! LOWER GUNS! SPIN GUNS! NOOOOOOOWWWWWW.... THROW!"

A fucking 91, plus the 10 bonus I planned to give them thanks to practice.

The guns fly up in perfect unison, shining slightly in the light cast off by the light crystals in the roof of the cave. The adult troops watch, feeling a sense of pride well up in them. Even the demons and abominations can't help but feel a bit impressed as the children continue to toss, spin, and flourish their guns with perfect precision. Not even Hern sprinting by them shouting "REJOICE!!!" can break their show.

---------------------------------------

The Cornerstone was starting to crack.

This was an artifact of immense power. It'd been used to power no less than three super-weapons in the past. And it was beginning to crack... And dim.

Meanwhile, the Gem in Agar's chest was glowing brightly. His veins pulsed with white-hot light. His eyes, closed, glowed brightly through his eyelids like hot coals. It was unsightly. Unseemly. But nothing yet had gone awry.

Finally, the chanting slowed. The Cornerstone crumbled into dead pieces. Agar fell silent, took a step backwards, and fell forward on one knee.

And then he

Was perfectly fine. He stood, no, levitated in the air, laughing spectacularly.

"THIS POWER! OH, WITNESS THIS POWER!"

He waved his hand, and the floor of the chamber cracked. He spun a finger, and the air whipped into a whirlwind frenzy.

"IT WORKED, IT WORKED, THEY SAID I WAS MAD, BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? HAHAHAH, ME, IT'S ME LAUGHING NOW! OH IO, THIS POWER, THIS POWER, IT'S-"

"FLEETING."

Something else was in the chamber with them. The glow, dull and unsuspecting, had grown brighter and brighter as the ritual went on, and, when it completed, had been the one thing no to vanish. Agar turned, raising a hand to shield his eyes from the relentless glow, and something ran through him.

It was no longer a glow. It was a creature warped into the image of a resplendent sun, covered in ivory scales and white, flowing fur, looking like a starfish gone horribly wrong. A gnarled mass of scales began to individually peel open, revealing a set of inorganically pale eyes, each sporting a yellow iris and a jet black center. They focused upon Agar, who hung helpless from a spiked tendril that had shot out from one of the creature's many arms.

"BY HIS WILL, SHINE."

And shine Agar did. Bright, impossibly bright. He screamed in agony as his hair began to smoke and his skin began to crack. The Soulthirster Gem sparked, glowing as well. Energy began to flow into it from the Magma Heart, as its user, in agony, tried to lash out in any way he could against his attacker.

And then it all stopped. The screaming, the glowing.... Agar's white-hot form burst apart into glowing dust, and the Soulthirster Gem shot out, landing behind Io as it clinked upon the ground.

The Resplendent Sun focused its eyes upon the figures huddled at the desk. Arms, tipped with spikes and no doubt hiding more tendrils, began to point their way.

And it was then that Vangar made his way to the chamber.

"What-"

He looked to the creature. It looked at him. He registered the terrified looks on the faces of the Dark Lieutenants.

Vangar wasn't the smartest, but he knew when it was time to fight something.

With a roar, he threw himself at the creature, knocking it against the Magma Heart. It hit with the sound of a windchime, and the eyes seemed to pulse, as Vangar was shot out of the chamber in a blast of light.

The creature looked to Io, Vanth, and Angelique, giving a glare that was bleeding quicksilver.

"FOLLOW YOUR LORD AND FOLLOW HIS FATE, THE GOD OF LIGHT HAS SPOKEN."

With a loud shattering noise, the creature seemed to turn golden and crack, falling into pieces that vanished into thin air. Behind where it had stood, the Magma Heart, cracked, started to leak magma... Then stopped. The Magma Heart began to... Cool. The whole thing started to harden. This process spread to the rest of the magma in the column, up into the ceiling, and eclipsing the whole chamber in darkness, leaving the surviving lieutenants stunned and blinded.

---------------------------------

Vekna didn't think twice when Vangar stomped silently past her, or perhaps didn't even notice, but she certainly noticed when he went flying out the Magma Heart's entrance into her chamber. He hit the floor in the center of the room with a loud, resounding 'thud', looking somewhat worse for wear.

--------------------------

Meanwhile, the forces outside continued their celebrating and/or war preparations. The Magma Curtain still seemed fine, and there was nothing to betray to them the horrible fate their leader had suffered.
09-26-2016, 05:14 PM
The entire lightshow was incredibly terrifying but Vanth figured she would eventually face something even more terrifying and more blinding in the future. With that thought, Vanth regains her composure.

"Ye Gods, is Aggie ded?"
09-26-2016, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 05:22 PM by Demonsul.)
Angie conjured fire around her hand, holding it up to shed light in the otherwise dark chamber. She looked at the solidified pillar and the scattered remains of Agar.

She exhaled a long, exhausted breath. "Well... that happened. What the fuck do we do now?"
09-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Vanth pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a deep breath.

"Weelllll, who to break de bad news to de others? I'mean I guess I'll do since Im'de Dark Hand and all."
09-26-2016, 05:30 PM
Angie and Hern feel their respective geas to Agar fade.

Anyone standing by the demon portal might notice a crack appear in the top arch. Probably nothing to worry about, right?
09-26-2016, 05:31 PM
"Yeah no fuck that we can be sad about it later," said Angie immediately. "I mean what the fuck do we do now? There's a huge army of paladins outside, in case you forgot. Once the magma all freezes up they'll be smashing their way in, and we don't have a super-archmage to lead the armies, let alone a god. Plus, the god of light has decided to fuck with our shit personally today. I have no idea what that starfish thing was - maybe it was the god of light's equivalent of Vekna, maybe it was his fucked up avatar, I don't know. We need to think about getting out of dodge and be out of here by yesterday."

She seemed to be freaking out a bit.
09-26-2016, 05:34 PM
Vekna sighed, snapping her book shut one last time. In an instant, she shifted into the magnificent form of a floating, crystalline, eye-covered angel-snake, crystal spear floating at her side. She flew her way back into the Magma Heart chamber.

She looked REALLY annoyed.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF ZAKON IS GOING ON IN HERE?!"

Vekna noted the distinct lack of light, and the distinct-er lack of Lord Agar.

"He exploded, didn't he."
09-26-2016, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 05:39 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
RE: MARCH OF EVIL: WHERE IT ALL GOES WRONG
"Yeh, Vekna. Aggie went boom. Annnnnd as much as I like a good fite with dem couyon pallys, d'we have some sorteh foxhole?" Vanth was worried but she wasn't really want to freak out yet. "Yeh know, an escape plan. Did we ever discuss dis during de last meeting?"

Vanth tries to remember if they even DID have an escape route.
09-26-2016, 05:43 PM
"Oh fuck me, it's so much worse than that," said Angie. She definitely seemed to be uncharacteristically unsettled right now. "He did it! He actually did it, then the fucking god of light or a starfish archangel or something showed up and exploded him! We need to get out of here." She realized something. "Oh double-fuck. If the troops work out Agar's dead, they'll all be screwed up in disarray and the paladins'll tear them apart when the curtain cuts off! If half of them don't start fighting each other. I mean the demons'll be out of here before you can say 'bye', and who knows what Tarek's lot will do..."
09-26-2016, 05:44 PM
The escape route was to step out of the way for Agarim the All Powerful to clear a path through Paladin forces.

... No, officially there was NO escape route. Explained all the withered corpses they had found here when Agar first opened the Maw up. Place was kind of a death trap in a siege.
09-26-2016, 05:52 PM
"Well, murder me and fashion m'corpse into a latrine," Vanth rolls her eyes. "I'guess we gonna have'te do dis de old fashioned way - tooth, nail and all."
09-26-2016, 06:42 PM
ANISIM IS SO FUCKING PROUD. HE GIVES EACH AND EVERY CHILD A PROUD, OLDER-BROTHERLY HUG. FUCKING AMAZING KIDS, THESE ONES, HOLY SHIT.

"YOU'RE ALL GETTING A PIZZA PARTY. I'M SO, SO PROUD OF EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU."
09-26-2016, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 07:21 PM by Galloglasses.)
Hern came to a dead halt. stopping his proclamations mid sentence. For a full few seconds he was utterly motionless. before snapping around and staring up at the magma heart.

"It... can't be."

Hern lowered his great sword into a two handed grip and made his way steadily back up the keep, in total silence but for the heavy footfalls of his armour.

By the time he made it to the central chamber, he saw his fellow lieutenants and the dead magma heart. Lord Agar was not to be seen. He walked over to where they were gathered near Io, stopping only to look down as something clinked against his foot. The soulthirster gem was on the floor, pulsing with energy.

"He is gone, truly, isn't he." Hern said, very quietly, it was a statement, not a question. He reversed his grip and pointed the blade down at the soulthirster gem. "Then... there̛ is̨n̷'͞t́ m͢uc̴h ͡ti͠me.̡ W̡h́a̴t҉ ̨do͠ w͢e ͘do̵ wit͜ḩ ͡t͡hi͝s̡?҉ Is͢ ͞it͞ saf͞e̸ ͏t͘o̴ ͢u҉se͜?҉ ͜T̶h̨e͢ ͟pa̶la̵dins͘ ͡wi̧l̛l ̧bè ͞upon ̶uş s͡oon.͡"

09-26-2016, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016 07:50 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
"Dono! I think s'best to dehstroy de gem," Vanth crossed her arms and tapped at her foot anxiously. "I mean, it brought a fecking sparkfolk into de material plane and as far as we kno', sparkfolk - 'specially de light ones - are bad news fer'us!"
09-27-2016, 12:54 AM
"..." Io was silent as the others talked around her. Was that... was that the God of Light? Was it an emissary, an imposter?... Did it matter? All Io knew know was that Agar was gone and that they were alone. She glanced back at the Soulthirster Gem and her fingers twitched, but she didn't reach for it. It couldn't do anything for her, right?

"We're dead."
09-27-2016, 02:56 AM
Alexi sighs loudly at the thralls antics.

Alright just stop you are only embarrassing yourself.. Check the basement. Try not to bump into anything that looks like it can kill or curse you..
09-27-2016, 03:13 AM
Vespera is furious as Hern barrels past her. What audacity! She screeches at the fae creature as the ritual was nearing completion. She herself had barely noticed the sudden influx of so much light magic in the chamber, much less register it.

Suddenly, her screeching turns into shouting Hern's name in the ancient fae tongue. It has likely been long since Hern had heard it, and it has definitely been long since any had heard Vespera speak before she was bound to the orders of Agar. She immediately realized something was very wrong, just in time to once again get pushed aside (by Vekna) this time. She takes the time to follow Hern in when he finally returns, and stares at what remains of Agar wordlessly.
09-27-2016, 04:04 AM
Angie's panic momentarily cut off as she turned into a loosely human-shaped cloud of smoke. She roiled there for a few moments before remanifesting, looking considerably more composed. "Alright, no, we aren't dead," she said, recovering her signature asshole grin. "We can still get out of here. That vampire fuck, Alexi, has some kind of secret in the basement. It might be an escape tunnel. Whatever it is, it's better than sitting here panicking, so I'm gonna go grab the Legion and find the fucker and get him to tell me what it is. I suggest the rest of you grab whoever you can convince to follow you and get ready, since it's gonna take a Dovarian effort to not just let all our minions get killed today."

She flew for the door, detouring to grab the soulthirster gem on the way. She'd work out what to do with it later, but leaving it here for the paladins to find seemed like a bad idea.
09-27-2016, 04:06 AM
Hern eyed the witch-horse warily from the corner of his helmet slit. The thing has spoke, somehow, in its horsey way, the fae tongue. He supposed it would not be unprecedented for a former spirit of the forest to know such things. And now both he and it were released fromt heir service to Lord Agar.

He put the matter aside for the time being, they all had a bigger issue at the moment.

09-27-2016, 05:35 AM
Vekna remained calm, collected, and goddamn peeved at these revelations. She couldn't even bring herself to be surprised at this turn of events, though admittedly, the prospect of the God of Blight's disgusting servants being in on this was just about enough to make her nonexistent stomach churn. It'd been hard enough dealing with those jerks when she had the backing of a god. Getting banished to the Astral plane yet again, or worse, unexistalized entirely, was not part of the plan.

"I WILL ACQUIRE MY NIGH-USELESS CULTISTS. THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN NOTHING."

Vekna floated off toward the breakroom, ANNOYED.
09-27-2016, 07:32 AM
Io had nothing to say, really. Her chance for revenge and the only person who had ever considered her family had both just disappeared before her very eyes. She began gathering up her supplies, collecting her notes and rolling up her scrolls. After that, she decided to simply stick with Hern for the time being. Sure, she had some combat training, but the Paladins would tear her to shreds, and Io didn't want to die just yet.
09-27-2016, 07:43 AM
Hern looked down at Io before looking at the retreating form of Angie.

"I'll follow the spectre to the vampire's lair. I have a feeling I will not fit in those caverns and may need to seek an alternate route. But let us not make assumptions yet." He said, his voice resolute and stoney, losing the odd contemplative echo from his confusion around the death of Lord Agar. "If that really was an angel of the God of Light, the Paladin king will be readying a charge once the magma wall falls, hurry!"

09-27-2016, 09:54 AM
When Riachik noticed that something was wrong, he immediately snapped into action.

"Never mind the cultists, something's up. Start getting supplies to the portal, there's something wrong with it."

While he wasn't a specialist in the magic that powered the gate, he did know that a crack was not a good thing. Riachik started looking over the magical inscriptions and patterns which powered its enchantment, and tried to figure out what was happening.

The one, the only, Vancho!
09-27-2016, 10:17 AM
"Ye Gods. If der be a foxhole, leddus use dat to get outta here!"

Vanth follows Angie to where-ever the heck that vampire escape-tunnel goes. This is all-in-all a very disappointing apotheosis, maybe she'll have to find a luckier evil overlord to work under.
09-27-2016, 10:20 AM
Vespera heads out of the palace and back towards Meegor. She had no idea what to do with her newfound freedom and almost desired to have the paladins end her cursed existence, but...

She didn't want to die. Again.

"Meegor." Her voice, an implacable whisper, assaults the area around the wretch. "Bring me to Agar's beasts." Agar had used her power as a Guardian sparingly, but she knew she still had power over many of the world's creatures and spirits - however deformed they might have been under her ex-master's control.
09-27-2016, 12:11 PM
"That's fine," Io responded to Hern, hefting her bag. "I don't have anywhere else to go. Let's go then."
09-27-2016, 12:14 PM
"Can someone go tell the lieutenants on the front? Right now?" said Angie as she flew. "The curtain's about to go down, and we don't want them getting caught by surprise!"
09-27-2016, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 12:36 PM by Palamedes.)
"Say nothing Meegor." Vespera knew that the more of the Dark Lord's forces that were left behind the more time would be bought for her escape. Besides, they were all foul as her, if not worse, and deserved the death they'd be facing. Every last...

She sees the children's brigade, still twirling their guns and celebrating Agar's "ascension".

A pang of guilt. A small reminder of what she once was. She stares at Anisim from accross the field.

"You. Bring the children. They have a special assignment."
09-27-2016, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 01:04 PM by Kocel.)
Riachik checked the portal, only having noticed when the crack

A magical disturbance had broken through the magical shielding. This was odd, as Agar himself had helped shield it from any type of magic he knew of. Even Vanth's necromancy.

But this wasn't any type of magic Riachik had seen before. Each rune, each ward, everything had one distinct 'crack' disrupting it. And the problem was only spreading. For now, the portal stayed open, magical energy jumping the gaps, but he saw the surface of it ripple and shimmer.

If there was anything he wanted his men to focus on looti- rescuing, he'd better have them do it immediately.

-----------------------------------

As Angie picked up the Gem, she felt... A presence? It felt heavier now, for some reason. Oh well. Better than busting the thing, who knows what would happen if that much energy was released at once.
-----------------------------------

"Heya boss, this guy ain't lookin' so good. What happened?"

Angie was greeted in the outer chamber by one of the members of her Smoke Legion, Delilah. A street urchin during her life, she decided it would be a good idea to run a street con posing as a fortune teller and selling curses, curses she'd make come true herself. The people never found out she was a charlatan, and she was burnt at the stake anyways when she crossed the wrong man. Since she was rather young in death, sixteen at the most, she maintained that age in her current form. Her dress was less humble and more of the attire a circus fortune teller would wear. She always had a flair for the dramatic.

That flair was why she was unnecessarily filing at her ghostly nails, looking down at the smoking form of Vangar. She looked up to Angie, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"What happened? The bossman blow up? That's a shame, he was gonna help me kill that son of a bitch who burnt me. Ah well. Kinda immortal now, ain't I? I got time. Say, should we be worried 'bout this guy? Half his face is melted off."

She nudged Vangar until he turned over, revealing that, though he was breathing, half his body was heavily burned and scarred from the blast that had knocked him out of the room. He'd... Probably survive it. Agar had made the abominations to survive much worse. Still, at least one eye would be out of commission from it.

"So, what happens now? We leavin'? We could probably slip out that hole in the vampire prick's basement. Pretty big once you get inside. Dunno where it goes. Think there's an exit somewhere, I can feel a breeze."

She notices Vanth, and waves.

"Oh heeeeeyyy Vanthie! Boss, we should take Vanthie with us. She's great. Like the aunt I never had. I say the aunt I never had, because the one I did had sold me for a case of liquor. Not that I hate her for it, ya gotta look after yourself in this world, amiright? Besides, I think once ya stab a person a few times, nonlethally, you're pretty even with 'em when it comes to grudges."

---------------

Vekna arrived in the break room to find a squad of red demons pointing pitchforks and shortswords at her cultists, who were gathered in one corner of the room, their arms full of wine, cheese, and magically preserved grapes.

"LADY VEKNA! FORGIVETH US, THE DEMONS, THEY DOTH THREATEN THE STABS!"

"Shut up, shut uuuuuuup!" The seeming-leader of the squadron hissed at the cultists, practically (no, actually) spitting at them in disgust, "This wine is for Lord Agar! This cheese is for Lord Agar! Those GRAPES are for LORD AGAR! If WE can't eat them, neither can you!"

"IT BE-ETH FOR LADY VEKNA-"

"I don't CARE who it's for, unless Lord Agar HIMSELF tells me she can have it, you're not getting it! That's our job! You know, jobs! You should get one! Creepy human bums!"

Well, this was awkward.
----------------------------------------

"Aaaaaahhhhhhyes yes yes I will take you there, pretty pony, yes!"

Meegor scratched at his head, feeling as if a nest of hornets had flown inside. Hearing that voice... Wasn't pleasant.

"Follow me, Pony, yes, follow me to the stables!"

He shambled off, leaving her to follow him. Together they made their way to the stables, which faced towards the Magma Curtain. Within, Agar had housed... Curiousities. Animals that should not be, sewn together from two beasts to create one new. There were five in total, the rest had either died due to complications or died being used as mounts for his raiding team. Next door were the stables of regular horses, but... Would regular horses really be useful right now? There were about fifty in total, and thanks to the siege they weren't exactly well fed... Paladins wouldn't kill horses, they'd probably just steal them, so it was entirely up to Vespera if she found them useful.

Go ahead and name your five combi-animals. I'm giving you pretty generous freedom here, but don't try to combine, like... A wasp and a cheeta, or a whale and a goat.

--------------------------------------

The Youth Brigade happily accepted hugs and praise from their leader. Man this was a great day! Nothing could go wrong.

The troops were in a bit of disarray now. Would Anisim call them back to order? The Apotheosis had to be done, like... Any moment now. The weird armor guy announced it, after all.

----------------------------------------

Alexi sends his thralls into the Big Scary Hole in the wall and waits.

And waits.

And waits...

They.... They probably weren't coming back, were they.
09-27-2016, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 01:04 PM by Protoman.)
Yeah, yeah, sure, might as well look professional for the boss. "Alright, men! Back in line, let's get ready to show our stuff! Youth brigade, follow me!"

He approaches the horsey. Once close, he speaks: "What's up?"
09-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Riachik looked at the cracks with growing worry.

"Shit shit shit shit shit-"

He was tearing at his hair and pacing.

"Shit shit what am I going to do now?"

He paced some more and finally snapped to attention. He looked around and called for the nearest demon.

"Gather the demon forces here, immediately! Tell them to grab whatever supplies they're guarding and bring them to the portal, as soon as possible!"

The one, the only, Vancho!
09-27-2016, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 01:58 PM by Demonsul.)
Angie looked back at the dark lieutenants following her well within earshot. She gave Delilah a momentary dark look, speaking quickly. "Go find the rest of the Legion, tell them I said everyone assemble in the basement immediately. And I mean every Legionnaire, we're bailing. Things have gone well worse than bad, Agar's dead, there was a lightly archangel or some shit in the magma heart chamber a second ago and we're about to be up to our fucking necks in paladins. Move!"

She honestly didn't give two shits about Vangar, and left him where he was lying.
09-27-2016, 02:10 PM
As Hern approached, Tarek strode forward to meet him, arms spread out in a mock-welcoming gesture, halberd resting against one shoulder, ready with a quip about their coming victory. Except then the fae stopped, and returned the way he came. Tarek's manic grin fades away. That strange fae was hardly an examplar of normalcy, but that raving yelling, and now this? Something was wrong.

He rears, whirling to face one of his warriors, a smaller-than-usual abominatioon with a sleek, scaled body and six legs - Naryn, the guy he usually kept on hand to run messages. In a steely voice, he commands, "Go fetch Seela and the rest of the unfit from the warrens, and have them bring the cages of the hounds to stand at the ready."

That done, he turns his attention back to watching the wall of magma, as if somehow hoping that he could see what waited on the other side through sheer force of will.
09-27-2016, 04:27 PM
"Secret path discovered in the vampire's lair. It must be investigated. Follow the lieutenants in with your brigade. I will be with you in a moment."

Vespera wordlessly brings the horses under her control and moves to the beasts, looking at the abominations she would soon command. Needless to say each was sizable enough to hold at least a small rider, and more terrible than the last.

I haven't finished coming up with them all yet so I'll post in the morning when I have, sorry.
09-27-2016, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016 05:16 PM by Acolyte Doctor.)
"Aw shucks, Delly! Ye so freakin' cute. I woulda pinch ye cheeks if it weren't fer de fact ye are a ghosty. Hold on a sec, lemme jest give Vangy here some tee-el-cee."

Vanth proceeds to stabilize Vangar with a touch of necromancy, kicks him on the side really hard to wake him up, and proceeds to follow after the rest of the smoke brigade.
09-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Why is my hired help so worthless.. Well if you want to do something right, you have to do it yourself. Alexi mused then motioned to whatever vampiric guard remained.

"You all come with me, The cattle has run off again. Lets get our lesser thralls back but let me first prepare for visitors." Before leaving, he stopped at a barrel of ale, turned open the cork and made a cut in his finger, then let some of the blood flow into it, closed it again and placed it at the forefront.. then he made a quick note and placed it on the front table.

We are out for the moment, please don't hesitate with partaking in our services regardless, We'll be back shortly.

So that is set up for any paladin who might stumble in here if worst comes to worst. Which it would probably get since trying to become a god always ends not quite as is expected.. Alexi would rather wait out in the caravans then close to a possible explosion or hell knows what else