SANDWISHES
11-03-2016, 11:26 PM
SANDWISHES
This is a silly idea I have been toying for a while. Sandwishes is a boardgame idea, to be built in tabletop simulator, which is about a conspiracy of chefs working in a Starway sandwich restaurant, trying to assemble a magically charged sandwich, which would summon a god, who in reward for the sandwich, would grant all of you one wish.

Besides the Flavour, things are still nebulous a bit. Mechanics that might be important, in no particular order?
  • Avoid the patrolling magical FDA, stealthily
  • Try to get the cards you need from the public market
  • Go around on the map, trying to influence locations
  • Using your influence, you can increase the size and quality of the market (better deck and more cards)
  • Create magical sandwich combinations to cast spells
  • Get the ultimate sandwich based on your god, and turn it in for the ULTIMATE REWARD, using a specific combination of the four main sandwich filling groups: MEAT, PLANT, CHEESE and SAUCE.
  • Your god might get impatient as time passes
  • Rival secret groups trying to steal/block ingredients
  • The map is a static map probably, but i would like to avoid the FFG way of making a small deck for every city district.

Still, before finalizing any of these, i would like to ask a few questions from you. Do these elements mesh well with the blurb on top? Perhaps some of these should be dropped? What other mechanics could work well with this flavour?

It is time time
11-04-2016, 09:14 PM
RE: SANDWISHES
Also, building the game from the ground up.

Current plan for first, really, really, bare bones iteration:
  • Get 4 small decks with ~20 generic ingredients (meat, cheese, plant, sauce)
  • Draw a "town" with nondescript streets and a building for each small ingredient
  • Play the game by everyone having four actions to travel around, and use a building they are in which adds specific cards to the Market, facedown
  • Everyone picks a card from the market at the end of the turn, and the selected cards go to the HQ, rest is discarded
  • Put down a wizard FDA pawn and have it patrol someonehow
  • End the game when the SANDWISH is made (1 meat, 1 cheese, 1 plant and 1 sauce has to be mixed)

It is time time
11-05-2016, 03:49 AM
Sounds interesting. Would it be a competitive game or would players be working together/in groups?
11-05-2016, 09:18 AM
I am planning it as a cooperative game. Some say too many cooks spoil the broth, but in my opinion, you need to combine your forces to make a great sandwish.

It is time time
01-05-2017, 02:22 AM
HRRM, Hmmmm... I have been thinking about picking this up again, but I am trying to figure out if there is actually a merit to this idea, or if it would be better as a one-off joke.

Also maybe the Town should be modular, so no two games are the same?

It is time time
01-07-2017, 05:25 AM
I think it has some merit as an idea. Maybe have the map work like it does in Betrayal - aka you draw new streets/buildings/whatever randomly from a pile as you discover them?