News Bulletin
06-27-2013, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2015 05:06 AM by amosmyn.)
News Bulletin
This is the place for me to post IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS.

Game Archive:

Signups / In Progress Games
TehPilot's City Slickers Mafia [In Progress]

amosmyn's Crooks Hollow 4 [In Development]
phantomEclipse's Phenon Mafia [Signups]
Granolaman's One Night Werewolf [Signups]

Completed Games

Report Rule-breaking Posts (It Helps Me Help You)

What it says on the tin! If a post someone's made makes you feel uncomfortable please don't hesitate to report it with the handy button in the bottom left (bottom right in classic view) of every post.

Automatic Double Post Merging Disabled

Rejoice, forum goers! Post merging upon double posts has been slain by our glorious admin warrior. Now we can all accidentally double post (and more importantly stop worrying about erroneous edit tags).

How To Have Threads With Avatars/Usernames To The Left of Posts

For those of you who want to read your mafia game things in a more classic (avatar/username to the left of posts instead of on top, less space between posts) fashion - there's an option to do that!

Just go to Options -> Edit Options. Under the "Thread View Options" heading the first option should be "Display posts in classic mode". Just check that box and hit the "Update Options" button at the bottom of the page and voila! You too can see threads like this (!):

[Image: kiQCuDB.png]
Image Credit Chirality

instead of this:

[Image: buU5mRr.png]
Image Credit Chirality
06-28-2013, 04:24 AM
RE: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: THREAD VIEW OPTIONS
It's... beautiful

:sorrow:
06-28-2013, 05:40 AM
RE: PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: THREAD VIEW OPTIONS
yep I like this
07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
RE: MAFIA FORUM NEWS BULLETIN
yay now i have an extra line in my signature
(i like the avatar being on top though there's less wasted space)

"Have some wine," the March Hare said in an encouraging tone.
Alice looked all round the table, but there was nothing on it but tea.
"I don't see any wine," she remarked.

(06-25-2013 09:31 AM)Chirality Wrote:  And then everyone cut the simplest explanations in tiny pieces then set them on fire then threw them in a lake and poisoned the lake.
07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
(07-03-2013 12:38 PM)beruru Wrote:  yay now i have an extra line in my signature
(i like the avatar being on top though there's less wasted space)

me too, i kinda got used to it and im gonna keep it as it is
01-02-2015, 11:35 AM
I updated the bulletin with a list of games, ongoing and completed.
01-04-2015, 01:07 PM
^^^

wait this has always been here? mspa
01-04-2015, 01:12 PM
I just added the Game Archive.
Dini was planning on getting around to it at some point.
01-15-2015, 05:33 AM
Hi guys, as some of you already know I am a new Super Moderator, with a particular focus on this subforum (since Demonsul still holds control over the General Games subforum with his iron grip and keeps me from taking over completely).

If you have any problems/concerns/ideas feel free to bring them to me via PM or any appropriate thread that may come up here or in the general subforum in the future.
01-15-2015, 09:01 AM
Oh yeah, congratz to you, pala

Chocolate Pie
01-20-2015, 02:34 PM
[Image: adventure_time_logo_base_by_murderingly_...4c82hn.png]

M A F I A

Coming soon

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
01-20-2015, 10:16 PM
I'm guessing that the town are a bunch of princesses while the mafia are the Ice King and his minions.
01-21-2015, 01:34 AM
Not a huge deal but game announcements should probably be kept in the chat thread, this one is more for IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS.
01-21-2015, 04:36 AM
Not that we've made that clear yet but yes, what pala said.
01-21-2015, 02:31 PM
ah, okay

It's time to, T-T-T-T-T-T TRIPLE POST
02-02-2015, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 04:20 PM by amosmyn.)
For the sake of building anticipation and such, anyone interested in "booking" a timeslot to initiate signups a future mafia game is more than welcome to do so, provided that their setup has been looked over by an established member of the community. The game's title does not necessarily have to be mentioned in case you'd like to keep the subject matter a secret.
Hopefully this will help provide folks a means of gauging when to actually start signups for their next game and reduce slow periods that might reduce activity on this subforum.

A time slot will not have a set time to start, but instead will sort of organize people based on how soon they have shown that they have a setup ready to launch (setups with Pick Your Poison mechanics have looser restrictions).

On hosting setups:

If you have never hosted a mafia setup before (on this forum)...
1. You must successfully play at least three games in this subforum to or near completion. At least one of these games must be a Mafia game.
2. You must be in good standing with the staff and community on the forum
3. Your first mafia setup must be a standard Mafia game (Closed Setup, not too many unusual roles. That means no Hunts, Clusterfucks or mafias with unusual game mechanics. The Resistance is currently exempt from this.)
4. You probably will be required to have an assistant moderator whom will act as somewhat of a mentor figure, making sure that your first setup is successful and helping to avoid errors in following out game master duties.

If you have hosted at least one successful mafia setup, you have our permission to propose non-standard Mafia setups. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you have a firm understanding of how the game mechanics work before considering hosting Open Setups or (especially) Clusterfucks. Open Setups require more time and effort to properly scrutinize, require public input and approval and generally are replayable. Clusterfucks require a firm understanding of what makes a game fun; their mechanics may be loose, but A) even a loose setup requires a tame approach to be fun for everyone playing and B) Clusterfucks aren't fun without a good storyteller, exciting mechanics and good flavour.

Hostable games for this subforum:
Mafia
- Closed Setup (Hidden Roles), Identities Revealed on Death, Scumchat, elimination
- Notable Variant 1: Restricted Role Pools; The possible roles are revealed, but only a select few will be in the game.
- Notable Variant 2: Clusterfuck; Looser balancing, crazier roles, less seriousness
Hunt (Witch Hunt, Werewolf, etc)
- Open Setup (Roles Explained), Scumchat, Elimination
The Resistance (standard and Avalon)
- Open Setup (Roles Explained), No scumchat, Mission Based (No Elimination)
Shank a Bitch (see http://eagle-time.com/showthread.php?tid=830)
- Closed Setup (but everyone is a Serial Killer with a shankproof vest), Not Team Based, Elimination
(this is arguably a Clusterfuck but it's unique and popular enough to warrant its own category IMO)

In rare circumstances, we may have some inventive folks (like Niall, creator of Shank a Bitch) design a setup totally unique from the above. If you think that's you, ya better have some confidence. ;)
03-25-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: News Bulletin
If anyone's interested in participating in Thingyman's advertised community-crossover mafia game series as a representative of our forum community please send me a PM. If you want your friends to participate, ask them.

Anyone from Eagle-Time is also welcome.