Closed / Abandoned Infection: Lake Duhm Retreat
04-17-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: Infection: Lake Duhm Retreat
Ronnie noticed, on her quest for time, that she had no reception whatsoever. Good thing she didn't need it for the stopwatch.
04-17-2017, 06:26 AM
"And he like, was bleeding everywhere, oh my god there was so much blood, it was totally crazy. Like, you think about like... um... those flavor packet things that people put in water to make it like... sweet and change the color and stuff? That's what it was like, but in the pool." As she told her story, Veronica noticed Ronnie come in. She gave her a peppy wave (cute girls deserved a cute greeting!) and started digging through her bag for something, all the while still jabbering on.

"-and like, he totally lived, but it was a super close call. I was like, totally thanking god that somebody had like, three pairs of swim trunks, you know?" She finished up a bit later, hopping down from her bunk with her metal water bottle, and quickly bounced over to Veronica's side.

"But oh my god, is this like, a super medical emergency? I thought she was just out of breath, but you're totally right, this could be like, waaaaaay more serious than I thought..."
04-17-2017, 06:27 AM
Jon frowned slightly and turned off his music. If finding power was going to be a pain out here, he'd have to make his phone charge count until he worked out where the sockets were. He disconnected his earbuds and stuffed them into his jacket pocket.

Wandering back outside, he took a proper look around for the first time, then shrugged and took a seat on one of the seating logs.
04-17-2017, 06:37 AM
It's, like bouillon, and if Ronnie was there at the time she would've said that! But she wasn't so whatever.

After Veronica's question, she shakes her head, turning her phone off and putting it in her pocket. Gotta, like, conserve battery! She starts looking for outlets, too, but likely comes to the same conclusion. What a DUMP.

"No, no, she's, like, super okay. Her heart rate's high but we did just walk a bunch and, like, I don't think she's got the shoes for it, really? Also, it's just rougher on some people than others, but she's not in cardiac distress or anything." Ronnie smiles! "It's, like, so totally nice of you to worry, though!" Her face turns to Trina. "Just, like, drink water and sit for a bit, okay? You'll be totally 100% a-ok, bomb.com.tm.edu." She clicks her tongue and points a finger gun at poor Trina B. Small!

JOB WELL DONE!
04-17-2017, 06:50 AM
"Oh my gosh, I'm like, soooooo glad you're okay!" Veronica beamed at Trina, reaching down to happily pat her on the shoulder. "But yeah, you should, like, totally invest in some decent running shoes. They'll like, totally make life so much easier on you when you've gotta walk a lot! Oh, and I'm like, totally willing to share my water if you want some." And after that, she turned to Ronnie.

"Don't even, like, worry about it!" Veronica told her, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "I'm just, like, so super duper glad that somebody as talented as you came on this trip with us! Like, medical knowledge, that is like, seriously mega useful! It must have been like, really hard learning all of that stuff that makes you qualified to, like, save people's lives and stuff."
04-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Albert went into the cabin to find a place to sleep. That would be important. Sleep. Something Albert very much wanted to do.

The one, the only, Vancho!
04-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Unnoticed by most (or at least she assumed so), Kate had been trudging silently behind her sister. Of course Kat had made friends right away. Of course she'd taken the top bunk, too, just like when they were kids. She'd always said that Kate could have the top bunk when she was the oldest, like that was so hilarious it bore repeating for like ten years, and dammit, now she was thinking about Kat instead of focusing on learning important life skills! Like how to set up a bunk to look both organized and cute!

Kate started unpacking her planners and clothes to do just that, while completely forgetting to actually introduce herself.
04-17-2017, 11:31 AM
Trina was about to catch her breath to reply to Kat, but then Lifeguard Barbara came over and she couldn't get a word edgewise between her and trying to catch her breath. Just when she found a pause, Dr. Barbara came over and started treating her too. Honestly, Trina couldn't tell if they were being genuine or not. Maybe it was all just a big tease for her not being able to handle a 'simple' walk. She also regretted thinking them Barbra's, that probably wasn't PC. There was also the chance they were being genuine too. It was unlikely from these types of people but it still could be nice.

She caught her breath. "...Thanks for the help and advice. I was really okay though. Just catching my breath... I don't exercise as much as most people. ...I'll be fine." She turns to Kat. "Also, thanks for asking... But I'm not excited really... I'm not an outdoors type of person."
04-17-2017, 11:42 AM
"Oh, you're so very and also totally welcome!" There's a bright smile on Ronnie's face as she chirps back, making her way back to her stuff to start, like, unpacking a little and getting situated! "Just let me know if it gets too hard to breathe or if your legs hurt! I can walk you through stretches."

Ronnie totally looks at Veronica and is like, totally super brightly smiling. "It was actually suuuuuuuuper fun! The, like, study I mean? A lot of work, but, like, so totally rewarding and a good way to spend my time!" Not as good as LAW SCHOOL would have been, but she leaves that part out. "Lifeguarding sounds like, so totally absolutely amazing too? Like, just about as tip-top as doctor stuff!"
04-17-2017, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 11:53 AM by SupahKiven.)
"Yeah, like, no worries! My dad is totally not an outdoorsy person either! He's always, like, inside, going to his meetings or whatever and like, if that's what he thinks is like, super fun, then he can do whatever, y'know." Veronica smiled at Trina, then started trotting back to her bed. She opened her mouth, likely to go off on another tangent, when Ronnie turned to her with a big ol' smile on her face, which caused Veronica to smile back.

"Oh my god, I totally bet! It, like, sounds super rewarding. It must be, like, sooooooo nice to be able to help people and, like, keep them alive and stuff." Veronica nodded excitedly, pulling herself up into her bunk and looking down at Ronnie, eyes sparkling. "Lifeguarding was definitely super duper fun, oh my gosh, it was so nice to like, sit out in the sun and help people and whatever. Like, the swimsuit was kinda frumpy, but I, like, totally made it work, you know? I think I've just, like, got the body for them?" She tapped her cheek in thought. "But yeah, you like, totally save a bunch of lives, especially when people don't know how to swim. Ooh, like this one time, there was a girl, right, and she like, totally jumped off the diving board..." Veronica proceeded to go off on a tangent about a girl who hit her head on the diving board.
04-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Oh man, Ronnie seems so totally super interested in everything Veronica says! She listens intently, and nods, and totally chimes in! Like, yeah, you so totally do have an absolutely hot bod, Veronica. You're like, super cute and could totally work a paper bag, she assures her.

And then Veronica's going off on her tangent, and Ronnie segues it into another tangent about one time when she had to help give this man stitches in his head when she was working under another doctor as, like, an assistant and stuff! He hadn't hit his head on a diving board but it was still pretty gnarly and not great and definitely in the same vein of head injuries! Totally!!! "Like, we had to shave a chunk of his hair off, like, just total bald spot all around the wound and then also like a few inches around it? Like, fifteen stitches a pretty good deal of stitches and hair can't get all up and in that, right? So then..."
04-17-2017, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 02:05 PM by Palamedes.)
Kat knows better than to try and stop a killer tangent, much less two! She settles down beside Trina and begins asking interested questions and affirming how totally impressive these Veronicas are for doing so much to save people when really she can't do much more than call 911 and wait with the person until an ambulance arrives. She also lets Trina know that honestly not liking the outdoors is perfectly fine, people have their own interests and hopefully this retreat won't be too intensive (but she'll totally help Trina out if it is and she needs it).
04-17-2017, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2017 03:33 PM by Corn.)
Four o'clock hit, and the Dulmans emerged from the portable. They rounded everyone up onto the incredibly uncomfortable logs. Ima took a seat, and Arthur stood beside her, clearing his throat to kick things off.

"Alrighty, y'all've had an hour, sure we're all well 'n met 'n all that." He smiled, a generally pleasant looking sort of fellow. If a bit tired, perhaps. "So we're just gonna jump right in. Got a little exercise of sorts, a get-to-know-you sort of thing. I'm sure you've heard it about a million times, but we think it's a fun way to get to know a person, get to know 'em for what they value."

Ima grinned softly, and patted the seat beside her, which Artie took. She continued next. "Alright, get prepped for some eye rolling, but it's a classic, forgive us fogies. The premise. You're trapped on a deserted island-"

"Oh Lord, not this!" Artie smacked his hand to his forehead, looking away dramatically.

That got a warm laugh out of Ima. "You're on a deserted island, and you get to bring one thing. Doesn't have to be something realistic, mind you, if you don't want it to be. Just something that's very you to bring. The question is what, but we'll also talk about why."

"I'd bring my trumpet!"

"You would? Then I'd bring earplugs." They both laughed.

"No no, I mean it! What one thing is going to change everything on its own? Nothing fun enough to say. Nope, if I'm stranded out in the Nowhere Ocean, then I wanna at least have a little fun when I'm not busy scrounging for coconuts."

Ima nodded. "Alright, alright. So I'd think about the earplugs for sure, but I'd really bring... A chest. So whatever I find, I can keep away from the claws of crabs and such while I'm asleep. Think that'd put a little weight off my shoulders."
04-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Albert exited the cabin and stared at the circle.

"I would bring a sleeping bag. To sleep."

04-18-2017, 05:14 AM
"A satellite phone," Kate said automatically, shifting around on that log trying to find one place where a knot wasn't digging into her leg. "Waterproof, with batteries." A lifeboat wasn't a bad option either but the phone denoted efficiency, and if she was hoping to use these people as a reference later down the line then they'd have to see how quickly she could problem solve. Even if the answer felt just a liiiitle cheap.

She took out her notebook (which was what she would probably actually bring) and got ready to take notes on Artie and Ima's assessment of their choices. Doubtless their deepest instincts and traits could use some improvement!
04-18-2017, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 05:40 AM by Demonsul.)
Jon looked at Kate for a moment before succinctly replying, "A ship. Because it's me to not want to be on a desert island."
04-18-2017, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 11:37 AM by SupahKiven.)
"Okay, hi guys, I'm like, Veronica! And like... we can bring just one thing?" Veronica asked, a contemplative pout on her face. "Ooh, gosh, that's so hard, there are, like, so many things that exist. But, like, if I had to choose one thing in, like, the whoooooooole world... ooh it's so hard to decide!" Veronica kicked her feet a little bit before deciding on something, a smile on her face.

"I think I'd have to go with another person! Because, like, being by myself would be like, super boring and lame! But, like, if I had somebody else there with me, then the situation would be like, super infinitely better, because I wouldn't be alone!" Veronica nodded, clearly satisfied with her answer.
04-18-2017, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 10:58 AM by pail.)
Trina automatically came up with her first response in a second. A gun, so she could (TW: Sucide) kill herself. That response would probably be off putting to everybody and that might sour her job prospects though. She decided to rethink her answer.

"... Well first off, my name is Trina... I would probably bring a Kindling with thousands of books downloaded onto it."
04-18-2017, 08:20 AM
Kate didn't have a notebook! But she could use some spot in the back of one of her planners to the same extent, surely.

Ima and Artie looked at each other, and spoke quietly.

"Uhh, Ima dear, I think they're missing the point of-"

"No, I think we can-"

"Should we just-"

"No. No, let them... finish."
04-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Uhhhhhh!

ERRRR!

OH NO!

GUS COULDN'T DECIDE!

WHAT DID THEY WANT HIM TO SAY!?

He'd say anything if it meant not being fired! But what did they WANT!?
04-18-2017, 09:57 AM
"I'm Kat, or Katheryn if you're super formal. I'd also get pretty lonely like Veronica - and I'd want to bring someone with me so much, but like, I couldn't bring myself to do that to someone I think. I mean, I'd be a little upset if someone stuck me on a deserted island, even if it was Kate. I'd probably bring a phone just like my sister, with like a solar powered battery or something, except I'd want it so that I could keep in touch with all my friends and never be lonely!"
04-18-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2017 10:52 AM by Protoman.)
"My name's like, Switchy, man, and I'd like, totally bring my best buddy Doob!"

He grins, gently picks up the pup and gives it a big big hug.

Switch is so fucking high right now, he's just... just fucking blissed as shit.

"We'd totally rough it out there and have a tubular time! Get it? Rough it? Like, dogs say ruff, dude!"
04-18-2017, 10:57 AM
"Ruff!" Said Dooby, on cue.
04-18-2017, 10:58 AM
"I'm also Veronica," Ronnie chirps happily, shifting to cross her legs, "But you can call me Ronnie! And I'd, like, hmmm..." A hum buzzes across her lips. This is so hard! One thing? Just ONE? "Like, what kind of silly situation are you in where you get to pre-prepare to be stranded but, like, you only get to prepare one thing? Totes illogical and definitely ridiculous. Like, I'd be waaaaaaaay more prepared than that. I'd have a whole pack of stuff."

She huffs, tossing her hair over her shoulder.
"Guess if I had to choose one thing it'd be a med kit. Plenty of tools in there to use for, like, a whole big bunch of stuff that you'd need to live on an island. Also, if I got hurt, I could patch myself up no problem."
04-18-2017, 11:00 AM
"Thanks Doob! We should like... Totally do comedy together, man!"

There goes that live-studio-audience in his head laughing again!
04-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Albert looks down.

"I just really want a stable job where I can sleep at night," he says under his breath.

04-19-2017, 02:07 PM
Jon looked around. Of course he knew what they meant, but it wasn't what they asked.

"A internet-capable computer, then," he said. "Infinite battery. Nothing else to occupy my time."
04-20-2017, 02:24 PM
"... Oh shit, where the fuck am I"

Brad Chadson looks around, pulling off his shades.

"Shit I like took two tabs of that stuff that hot piece I met last night gave me and said was ecstasy. Shit brah, I don't think that was ecstasy... Maybe I took that other shit I bought instead..."

He blinks, looking around at everyone staring at him.

"Oh yeah, the job my old man got me. That's happening. What are we, camp counselors or some shit? We're like... Sitting on logs... And shit... Oh hey," He gave a smirk to the Veronicas, "At least I'm waking up to a nice view. Heh. Howyadoin', I'm Brad, and I'm a college football star, MMA future champ, and siiingle."
04-20-2017, 06:29 PM
"Oh wow, like... oh my gosh..." Veronica's brow went up at Brad's... Brad, and she brought a hand to her mouth. Her lips pursed, and she let out a quiet hum before leaning over and whispering to Ronnie.

"Like, eww, am I right?" She giggled, "Super gross, or like, super gross?"
04-20-2017, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2017 06:32 PM by Protoman.)
"I'm like, totally in agreement, man! The view's gorgeous! Nature and stuff's like... beautiful, dude..."
04-20-2017, 06:34 PM
"I'm uh...I'm Gus..." Gus said, smiling.
04-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Trina glanced at Brad and sighed. She murmured under her breath. " ...Wow this guy is the poster boy for sexual harassment. ...What a douche..."
04-21-2017, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 06:55 AM by Corn.)
"Holy cow..." Ima had put her face in her hands, and at Mr. Chadson's... return to consciousness, had begun sliding her fingertips down. Miserable.

"Yeah... Uhh... Oh wow..." Artie just looked uncomfortable. He glanced at Ima. "Are you sure we can't just-"

Ima sighed, exasperated. "We don't have to wait until tomorrow. We just aren't going to have the time at this rate."

Artie nodded. Attention: back to the rest of you fuckers. "Well, that certainly was an... interesting look into the uhh... future of IDAA..." He seemed a bit lost. Oh boy. He shook his head, and stood up. Moving along! Business stuff. Everyone did a fair amount of boring paperwork type stuff with Ima outside while Artie disappeared into the portable. She got them all some t-shirts (which all fit fantastically), and food was had. Ima was like. A master on the grill. Everything was aflame and everything was great. Score.

When that was all wrapping up, Artie came out of the portable with something under his arm. He unfolded it (a large white banner) and hung it on the side of the building. "Aaaaaalright folks, one last thing before we hit the sack and rest up for tomorrow. So, let's split up, and get that sorted!"

The banner was inked into a two-part table. The sides were labeled "TEAM ONE" and "TEAM TWO", and under each side were six raised, inked flaps of fabric. Under team one: a chest, a spider, a phone facing left, two stick figures holding hands, a football, and a book. Under team two: a trumpet, a ship, a phone facing right, a square cross (the only symbol in color, red), a dog, and a question mark. The team one side pointed to the left door of the portable, and the team two side to the right.
04-21-2017, 06:03 AM
Jon rolled his eyes. If they'd wanted personal symbols, they should have just been straightforward rather than wrapping it up in a question about escaping from a desert island. But hey, it didn't matter, he did actually play the battleship the few times he'd played Capitalism.

He headed over to loiter near the right side of the portable. Great, he was on a team with the stoner and the weird guy who couldn't make up his mind. And one of the twins, but it wasn't really clear from the banner which was supposed to go on which team to him.
04-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Trina didn't enjoy the new tee that much, she was surprised it fit her that well and wasn't to big. She also had to admit she was dying in her hoodie. Trina just felt really out of her element and uncomfortable. Maybe she could wear it over the hoodie later. The food was really good too. What a nice surprise.

Trina looked at the banner with a grimace. Well, the only thing she was grimacing at was the football. That probably meant the D-bag didn't it? The book was obviously her symbol. The phone meant one of the twins too. She didn't know what the spider belonged to, maybe the weird sleep guy, only by process of elimination. Also Lifgaurd Veronica. Oh man. At least she's separated from the other one. All in all she wasn't that happy with her team. Then again she probably wouldn't be happy with the other one either. These people sucked. Well maybe not Kat, she was a decent person to her. She headed to the left side of the door.
04-21-2017, 09:49 AM
Yes! Team organization, finally something Kate was good at! Especially since Artie and Ima had seemed less than impressed by her answer for some reason. Maybe her vaguely-inspirational college recruitment answers were out of date? Whatever, this was her chance to actually impress them.

“Aw, different teams,” Kate said, trying not to sound too thrilled. "We'll still see each other in the cabin." She loved Kat and all, and did appreciate that her sister apparently didn’t want her stranded on a desert island any more than Kate wanted to be stranded, but this was she wouldn’t be spending the whole retreat answering ‘which one are you’ and being faced with mild disappointment every time. She hopped to her feet, ready to head to her team and start bossing into shape, and made it about halfway before she realized she had absolutely no idea what team she was on and was just kind of standing stupidly in the middle. GodDAMMIT Kat, even when they weren’t on the same team they had the same logo! Can’t you get your own dumb piece of iconography?

“Hey, sorry to complicate things, but… there’s two phones. Which team am I on?”
04-21-2017, 10:00 AM
Brad. Of course. It takes all Ronnie's made of not to snort at his name. My God, like, what an un-fucking-fortunate pendejo. His parents must've loved him.
There's a look of extreme focus on her face as she concentrates on continuing not to laugh, especially as Veronica leans in to snicker. The strain shows on her face, her lips twisted in a way that's hard to read. Sneer? Smirk?

"Riiiiiiiight, future single man, too." The smile that changes her features is...saccharine, at best. She exhales her response to Veronica, her eyes darting away from Brad. "Super gross. Like, the nastiest."

The food is good! The shirts, not so much, but, like, she wasn't expecting peak fashion anyway. She'd had time to prepare for looking like a schlub, so she was totally cool with it. Like, no big deal. She could still 100% work this look and still be majorly hot.

When the banner is brought out, she squints at it. Her hands find their way into her hair, tousling it before she pulls it up and into a ponytail. Helps her think if, like, her scalp's all tight and stuff. Blood flow or something. Also, hair touching her face was so damn distracting.

"So, liiiiiiiike..." She trails off for a moment, the syllable dragging with her, "who's who? Some seem, like, super totally absolutely ridiculously obvious, but also there's a few that I feel like could cover me? I'm confused. Why didn't you just, like, put our names? Or give us little numbered cards and then put a number on this team thing instead?" Falling silent-- for one blessed moment-- she blinks before adding, "Not that I'm, like, critiquing the way you do things, I just am getting more confused the more I look at this and I'm, like, sure I'm not the only one who's not sure who exactly they're teaming with."
04-21-2017, 10:12 AM
Artie shrugged at Kate. "Doesn't matter really, just pick one and stick with it." Curt. Well, then.

Ima gave Ronnie a couple of finger guns and a weary grin. "You got us. It's a little silly, but the symbols will just make some later activities easier, best to just get used to them. Yours is the cross, you said you'd bring your kit, right?" She waved an arm for her team to follow, and disappeared into the left door of the portable.

Dooby scrambled out of Switchy's grasp, and onto the ground. He stared intently at the banner, and then raised his snoot, sniffing for something anxiously. When he was finished, he walked up to Kate, and nudged her legs. Not too hard, he wasn't big enough for that. Toward the door Ima had just entered.

"Switch, 'm not gonna ask you again to keep that dog under control." Artie's mood seemed to decline by the moment.
04-21-2017, 10:20 AM
"WOOOO, NUMBER ONE, BRAH! SCORE!"

Brad spins his football on one finger, strutting to his banner.

"So, which lucky ladies are one the Bradster's team?"
04-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Best to get used to 'em. Eh, Ronnie can make do with that. The elaboration has her shaking her head, a bright, beaming smile tugging at her lips.

"Right! That, like, totally makes sense now. Plus, I'm the only colour on the whole thing! That's, like, a real honour almost. I'll do my best!"

Rising to her feet, Ronnie straightens out her shirt.

"Let's form up then, Team Two!" She makes her way over to Jon, one of her hands curled into an eager and excited fist! Which she pumps into the air!
When she meets Veronica's eyes, though, she mouths an apology, her pumped up fist kind of...lowering back to her side. Because, like, no gal deserved to be on a team with Brad. Poor Veronica.
04-21-2017, 10:31 AM
Jon looked up at Ronnie as she walked up. Oh hey, it was the one team member who wasn't either a suit, visibly useless or an unknown identical twin. "Hey," he said. "Ronnie, right?"
04-21-2017, 10:53 AM
"Yep! That's me!" She brings her hand to her chest to gesture at herself, the smile on her face returning! "Don't think I ever got your name, though! I just know you're ship guy. Ship boy, computer boy."
04-21-2017, 11:22 AM
"Jon," said Jon. "Not really a ship guy. I've actually never been on a ship."
04-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Kat grimaces at Brad, then looks at the other girls. "Yeah," she mutters, close enough that a few of them can probably hear, "lucky."

She knew what she had to do though. She quickly marched up to Kate and grabbed her shoulder. "I'll take this one for the team. Remember me as I was." Kat trots off towards team one, stopping once to give her baby sister a mentorly smile and thumb up.

"Hey Trina, glad to see we're on the same team! And uh... b r a d. Oh and hey Veronica, over here!" She squints at her team's banner. "And spider?" She looks questioningly towards the remaining two guys.
04-21-2017, 02:10 PM
"But you're...aren't you, like, the boat symbol?" She thumbs at the banner, her face scrunching in confusion. Like...what????
04-21-2017, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 02:45 PM by Kadis.)
“But I was going to- the dog said-“ Kate managed before she realized how absurd that sounded and also that Kat was way out of earshot. Not that she’d specially wanted to be teamed up with Captain Axe Body Spray, but why did Kat always have to treat Kate like such a baby?

Whatever, at least the cute dog had chosen her to headbutt. “Hi… dog.” She pet Dooby’s head gingerly, hoping her childhood allergies wouldn’t act up. Red pincushion was not a good look for her. “Guess I’m on your team.” She trudged over to Team Two and shot a plastic smile at Switchy. “He’s adorable! So, what’d our strategy? We can meet before activities and figure out which of the team building exercises we should be prepared for and make sure we have enough equipment for hiking and…” And your eyes are very red and you probably have seriously impaired judgement right now and I should have consulted someone else on this matter.

“And! And. Uh. I’m Kate. I know it’s a little confusing. Hi.” She waved stiffly at everyone on her team. “Nice to meet you all again.”
04-21-2017, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2017 02:26 PM by Demonsul.)
"Yeah, 'cause I said I'd want a boat to escape from a desert island," Jon said, shrugging. "Doesn't mean I'm any good with boats, just means I wouldn't want to live on the desert island."

He looked over when Kate walked up. "Hi. I'm Jon."
04-21-2017, 03:00 PM
"Oh my gosh this is like..." Veronica held her shirt, her expression somewhere between a faked smile and a grimace. "Ssssssso cute?... Um... I can like... totally rock this?" She could... totally make it work. Ronnie even said that she could make a paper bag work, and she was right, dammit. After glancing around to make sure the others had done it too, she sighed and slipped the shirt on, a little weirded out that it fit so well. She wasn't, like, getting fat or anything, right?

Veronica acknowledged Ronnie's apology with a sad smile and a wave. Gosh, it totally sucked that the one person that seemed to actually like, super like her was on the other team. Huge bummer. As she trudged to meet up with her group, Veronica took a sip out of her metal water bottle. Glad she brought this with her.

"Like, hey guys." Veronica waved to the part of her group that had gathered up. Ah, the Bradster himself, one of those twin girls, and the girl that had almost had died earlier. Fun. "So, like, I guess we're almost all like, gathered up and stuff but um... who's the spider supposed to be?"
04-21-2017, 03:32 PM
"Hey!" Kat waves at Veronica, and then sadly holds up her shirt. "God, you actually make one of these actually look good, I have no idea what I'm even going to do with it. No idea who Spider is though, but I'd say it's uh..."

God how did she already forget their names. I mean it didn't hurt that Albert might not have actually said it in front of her but Gus, poor sweet Gus, he was just ultimately forgettable.

"You know, sleepy guy, or indecisive guy."
04-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Everyone was apparently shuffling along too slowly for Artie, who started herding everyone into their respective side of the portable.

Doobert looked bummed when Kat had made her decision. He looked up to Kate, and wined, before leaving her to follow Kat into Team One's side.

Toooooo your inboxes.